Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? (32917 Views)

I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / This Is Your Season Of Testimony .arise And Shine. / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
I have been imagining this for some times now.

I knows that testimonies are good, and i have also given my testimonies on several occasions.

But what in a situation whereby you re traveling or going else where and you borded a 14 seaters bus and may God forbid the bus have accident and only you survived. Will you go to church and testify and give thanksgiving?

I have raised this question somewhere before...

Do you think it is proper to do so?

Someone is wondering now, what kind of question is this? And why wouldn't i testify of his goodness upon my life? Hmmm

to this person, ok what if your wife or your only son is involved in that accident, would you still go ahead and testify?

Don't you think that some of these testimonies we hear these days are not really necessary?

Don't you think that such testimony are really selfish and selfcenterdness?

Do you think if Jesus is in a boat and and by accident he lost all his disciples, do you think he will testify for his safety?

We were all leaning anyway. And i stand to be corrected.
Do you think these kinds of testimonies really worth it.

Does any body here has any contrary opinion to these?
Pls let here from you. Thank you.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by menxer: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
Waiting for the "contrarians"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by tukdi: 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
Op, in everything give thanks to God! cool

The way and manner you present your testimony matters! cool

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2016
tukdi:
Op, in everything give thanks to God! cool

The way and manner you present your testimony matters! cool

Hmmmmm..
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Elthugnificent(m): 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
That's one among many of the testimonies I used to find extremely weird and ridiculous.

Even when I was a believer, it weird me out when people give testimonies on even trivial stuff like success in exams or even getting a job they are not qualify for. I normally thought to myself that if god is actually responsible for my consistent success in every examination that I sit for, than maybe he should spare his miracles on me on that regard and allow me to fail the exams and channel the miracles to million of children dying from malaria and hunger.

When you try to question stuff like that, focks will result to saying that god works in mysterious way. How sad.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2016
This is a situation where everybody except you died. Would have been happy if you were among the dead?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
This is a situation where everybody except you died. Would have been happy if you were among the dead?

Hmmm you have not really addressed the question.

If your love ones died in an accident and only survived, will you celebrate and give testimony?
Simple. That's my question.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
And what is wrong with somebody give thanks to God for being d only survival in a car accident... Look u better go and find something to do

15 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
Elthugnificent:
That's one among many of the testimonies I used to find extremely weird and ridiculous.

Even when I was a believer, it weird me out when people give testimonies on even trivial stuff like success in exams or even getting a job they are not qualify for. I normally thought to myself that if god is actually responsible for my consistent success in every examination that I sit for, than maybe he should spare his miracles on me on that regard and allow me to fail the exams and channel the miracles to million of children dying from malaria and hunger.

When you try to question stuff like that, focks will result to saying that god works in mysterious way. How sad.

You see thats why i mentioned Jesus there. If he was in a boat and the boat capsized and he happen to be the only one that comes out, will he also testify and celebrate it?

It seems like we only care for ourselves only. Let share our understanding here. Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
Giving this type of testimony is like thanking a serial killer for sparing your life and killing the family next door

15 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2016
Smallville10:
And what is wrong with somebody give thanks to God for being d only survival in a car accident... Look u better go and find something to do

Hmm i quest you didn't understand the question?

If a member or one of your children if you have any is among those that died will you still go ahead and give ur testimony? That's my question. Nobody says there is anything wrong in giving testimony but should incase your son or daughter is involved do do you still go ahead and do that? Simple.

Some other person may think otherwise. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2016
Genesis2000:

Hmm i quest you didn't understand the question?

If a member or one of your children if you have any is among those that died will you still go ahead and give ur testimony? That's my question. Nobody says there is anything wrong in giving testimony but should incase your son or daughter is involved do do you still go ahead and do that? Simple.

Some other person may think otherwise. Thank you.
chairman listen... Nobody will comeout in church and testify of suriving an accident where othere members of ur family died (some will do it) but u would still have to appreciate God for saving ur life and even if u dont testify people will testify for u

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by frank317: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
Smallville10:
chairman listen... Nobody will comeout in church and testify of suriving an accident where othere members of ur family died (some will do it) but u would still have to appreciate God for saving ur life and even if u dont testify people will testify for u

So u actually think God allowed others to die and saved u? Or perhaps he killed them and let u live.

U just admitted no one will testify if their family member dies, yet you forget that when other people who are not your family member die, they are also the family member of others and those others are missing them.

To me, it's okay to feel lucky (which is human selfishness we can't help) but it's ridiculous to think someone rescued u and let others die is plain arrogancy

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by raphieMontella: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2016
Elthugnificent:

really sad..and dehumanizing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by raphieMontella: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
its not a miracle
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by raphieMontella: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2016
Smallville10:
lol..hilarious christians...
Really amazing!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by analice107: 7:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
Genesis2000:

Hmmmmm..
What makes u different from those who died?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Smallville10:

Well we are all learning and nobody is perfect.

I brought it up to share other people opinion.

But some of the testimonies we hear this day does not really worth it and most of them are really uncallfor. Happy Sunday.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
Yes today is Sunday and you will hear so many types of testimonies . But do really think this kind of testimony is good and can glory God?

What do think?

I know somebody will say am ungrateful human being. Hmmmm..
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
Yes today is Sunday and you will hear so many types of testimonies . But do you really think this kind of testimony is good and can glory God?

What do you think? Atleast we are all learning.

I know somebody will say am an ungrateful human being. Hmmmm..

I reserved my comment. Happy Sunday.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
analice107:

What makes u different from those who died?

My dear i really have a different heart from other people, and these one of the reason i finds it had that God could burn human in eternal fire just because they sin against him.

I still believe that man misunderstood God.

The people who died in noahs water, died only once. Those who were consumed by fire in sodom and gomorah city also died only once, you know then the gospel of hellfire has not been preach.

When when Jesus came who came purposely to deliver us now came the gospel of hellfire was introduced. So now anybody who died in sin now, since he had heard the gospel will end up in hellfire and remain there forever.

Does that make any sense to you?

So it means that those who died in Adam generations were just lucky? Is that want you think?

If I'm God i can not burn my enemy in fire for 24 hr watching him screening in agony. Infact i can't do it for 2 hrs.

So that's why am wandering if it is palatable to survived an accident that claimed everyone, and the next thing is to go to the church and testify his goodNess upon my life. Hmmm i was just thinking the pain which other family will be going through.

Like i said before i really have a different heart. And that's the way God created me.

Listen my dear, if i make heaven and see people in hellfire believe me i will not be happy.

How are you today?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by jnrbayano(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
I praise God for sparing my life in my room. I can also organize a thanksgiving.

I weep and pray for those who have departed to rest in peace.

I don't go to church to give testimonies.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
jnrbayano:
I praise God for sparing my life in my room. I can also organize a thanksgiving.

I weep and pray for those who have departed to rest in peace.

I don't go to church to give testimonies.

Actually there is nothing wrong in giving testimonies, i does that too.

But we were only looking at this types of testimonies mentioned above, if is normal to do it.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by analice107: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
Genesis2000:

My dear i really have a different heart from other people, and these one of the reason i finds it had that God could burn human in eternal fire just because they sin against him.

I still believe that man misunderstood God.

The people who died in noahs water, died only once. Those who were consumed by fire in sodom and gomorah city also died only once, you know then the gospel of hellfire has not been preach.

When when Jesus came who came purposely to deliver us now came the gospel of hellfire was introduced. So now anybody who died in sin now, since he had heard the gospel will end up in hellfire and remain there forever.

Does that make any sense to you?

So it means that those who died in Adam generations were just lucky? Is that want you think?

If I'm God i can not burn my enemy in fire for 24 hr watching him screening in agony. Infact i can't do it for 2 hrs.

So that's why am wandering if it is palatable to survived an accident that claimed everyone, and the next thing is to go to the church and testify his goodNess upon my life. Hmmm i was just thinking the pain which other family will be going through.

Like i said before i really have a different heart. And that's the way God created me.

Listen my dear, if i make heaven and see people in hellfire believe me i will not be happy.

How are you today?
Am good dear, and how are you?

Okay. So it all boils down to hellfire? lol. What is the connection between you being saved from an accident which everyone died, and people burning in hellfire eternally?

And pls i need to see where the Bible says hellfire is created for man.

And, do you realize that sodom and Gomorrah shall resurrect from their graves to stand the White Throne Judgement?

Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Matthew:10:15

2Pt 3:4-10
They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”

For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.

But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

My dear, this matter has nothing to do with you think or do not think.

Daniel talked about hellfire that burns forever. But if you don't believe it, then don't let it bother you. But know this, no one spoke about hellfire the way Jesus did. But,like i said, don't let it bother you. live as you like

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
analice107:

Am good dear, and how are you?

Okay. So it all boils down to hellfire? lol. What is the connection between you being saved from an accident which everyone died, and people burning in hellfire eternally?

And pls i need to see where the Bible says hellfire is created for man.

And, do you realize that sodom and Gomorrah shall resurrect from their graves to stand the White Throne Judgement?

Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Matthew:10:15

2Pt 3:4-10
They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”

For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.

But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

My dear, this matter has nothing to do with you think or do not think.

Daniel talked about hellfire that burns forever. But if you don't believe it, then don't let it bother you. But know this, no one spoke about hellfire the way Jesus did. But,like i said, don't let it bother you. live as you like

really? This is so interesting to hear that Daniel also talk about hellfire. Hope you wouldn't mind putting some of quotations here?

What does he mean by it shall be more tolerable than sodom and gomorah? It seems you didn't get that massage? Ok what about the people of noahs generation?

My dear listen to me very well, if what you thinks about God is really how he is, i will seize to be worshiping God. But far be it that is not his person. Man only misunderstood him.

Yes there is hell. But not what you guys thinks of it.

It is suffice for us to really look at the meaning of hell in a Hebrew language. This is a story for another day.

Do have a wonderful night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by jnrbayano(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Genesis2000:

Actually there is nothing wrong in giving testimonies, i does that too.

But we were only looking at this types of testimonies mentioned above, if is normal to do it.

Its not my place to say whether it is normal or not.

I just stated what I will do.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by nmreports: 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Testimony time.
Like someone said above, the manner in which you testify would matter in this case.

Like thanking God for giving you a second chance. While also praying for the family who lost loved ones to have the fortitude to bear their loss.

This kinda testimony should be given amidst genuine tears for the lost lives if you have a heart.

It's a different story if your only son is amongst the dead. God forbid.

Let's avoid always generalizing. Situations can be peculiar most times.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by bignero: 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
hmm
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by steppin: 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Before nko? Testimony na testimony.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by analice107: 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Genesis2000:

really? This is so interesting to hear that Daniel also talk about hellfire. Hope you wouldn't mind putting some of quotations here?

What does he mean by it shall be more tolerable than sodom and gomorah? It seems you didn't get that massage? Ok what about the people of noahs generation?

My dear listen to me very well, if what you thinks about God is really how he is, i will seize to be worshiping God. But far be it that is not his person. Man only misunderstood him.

Yes there is hell. But not what you guys thinks of it.

It is suffice for us to really look at the meaning of hell in a Hebrew language. This is a story for another day.

Do have a wonderful night.
You skipped something. Pls show where it is stated that God created hell for man.

And, it won't make any diff. if you cease to believe in God if people voluntarily decides to choose death over life and end up where they have no bizness ending.
Do you know how many people dont believe in God today? It changes nothing. NOTHING.

Am not going to waste my time on this over flogged issue. It won't make any diff. one way or another. Believe what you want.
Like I said before, If you don't believe it, then don't let it bother you.

Reincarnation never bothers me, it never occurs to me to think of what i will be when i come back to life. Its a lie, and it never bothers me. So, If eternal hellfire doesn't exist, then forget it.

Besides, I don't see how u being saved from an accident connects with hellfire, except the accident story was a hoax?

Good nite to you too dear.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by chimah3(m): 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Virginity Vs Character / Can You Be Good Without GOD?? / The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.