Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (103405 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:56am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

Do you have proof he existed?

I have proof that he still exists...
Pm me if you wanna know
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by malikombi(m): 9:56am On Oct 16, 2016
Awa Yoruba run de!!!!!!!!
Even Baba Sunday bricklayer cannot carry two bags of cement on his head
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Femich18(m): 9:58am On Oct 16, 2016
Tolexander:
It is heavy, but not close to 100kg at all!
How did you know, do you belong to the kingship clan?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 16, 2016
Oahray:
bros that's not what tautology is.
the guy probably skipped English classes grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
How people with such a rich culture believe that an illiterate carpenter in impoverished Israel deserves their worship eludes me
Psych 101 The best lack all conviction; and the worst are full of passionate intensity...

p.s. Always amuses me to quote Yeats's The Second Coming for flaming religion/christianity. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2016
The fact that a Mod actually typed 100kg on front-page still gat me lmao!! grin

Na only to dey ban innocent people dey sabi angry grin grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by gentleman1109(m): 10:01am On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=hahn post=50241015]

The feeling is mutual.

Go to church. Your god needs money as usual tongue[/quote...they've killed us mentally with religion here in africa,we can't give the poor and the needy money,but we can contribute all in the name of lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by AKYEMITE(m): 10:02am On Oct 16, 2016
for those who dont believe the weight of the crown, you can ask the priest to put it on ur head to check the weight. you think it is an ordinary crown, you shd ask why it is only use once in a year and why previous ooni cannot carry it due to old age. many sacrifices has to be done for the king to be fit to carry it. pls get yourself close to ife and understand tradition.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by sweetilicious(f): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Wait, Are crown weighs 100kg or 10kg? Is that a typo or something because 100kg is equivalent to two bags of rice... undecided
I thought then the same
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Tolexander: 10:05am On Oct 16, 2016
Myde4naija:
eni to ni owu oteru iwonba eyi tio fi tona lomu lowo. Kii se oro omode lanso.

Plz seek for the interpretation.
I need not seeking for the interpretation of the irrelevance you put up there.

Oro to ko loye ninu lo so.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Ahmeduana(m): 10:07am On Oct 16, 2016
100kg MY FOOT, THEY WANT TO TELL US THAT HE CARRIED TWO BAGS OF CEMENTS OR TWO BAGS OF RICE?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by muller101(m): 10:07am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
How people with such a rich culture believe that an illiterate carpenter in impoverished Israel deserves their worship eludes me
searching for cheap publicity.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2016
seguno2:
People can lie unnecessarily.
100kg is the combined weight of two 50kg bags of cement, rice etc.
What scale was used to weigh the crown showing it is 100kg?

The weight of the crown might be true actually, mysticism has been part of Yoruba culture since time immemorial, humans have bend many times nature to defy impossibilities, there was a Yoruba warlord by the name Ogedende who has a war gear that can't be lifted up by 100 able bodied men because of the weight, yet he hanged the cloth on just a string of spider web.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Tolexander: 10:09am On Oct 16, 2016
Femich18:

How did you know, do you belong to the kingship clan?
So I need to belong to the kingship to know the Are crown can't compete with 2 bags of cement in terms of earth gravitational pull?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 16, 2016
https://www.jw.org/finder?pub=g16&issue=201610&wtlocale=E&srcid=share

hahn:

Something that doesn't exist cannot be illiterate na. You have to prove it exists first and then we will go from there undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 16, 2016
malikombi:
Awa Yoruba run de!!!!!!!!
Even Baba Sunday bricklayer cannot carry two bags of cement on his head
lol, this lairs will not make our cultures flourish, and also I was tutor in school, when I was in primary school by my Yoruba teacher that oduduwa came from heaven to earth with a chain, fallacy, munbo jumbo, had to tell my children not to believe in that lie, if you want culture to stand the test of time, at least let everything that surrounding it be proofable, that is why science will always makes an edge and proof culture wrong because you can always proof science with evident and law that is static or non static.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Myde4naija(m): 10:10am On Oct 16, 2016
Tolexander:
I need not seeking for the interpretation of the irrelevance you put up there.

Oro to ko loye ninu lo so.
omode
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by gentleman1109(m): 10:11am On Oct 16, 2016
iambabaG:
It sadens me that we choose to abandon such a rich culture that even respects and acknowledges the presence of a supreme being beats me..

And for those claiming to be atheist.. These's something called HISTORY!!
And it has proven beyond reasonable doubt that a JESUS did exist.

If you are against the ways the religious foundations exploit their docile followers.. Very understandable; but to disrespect history and plain reason is very wrong.

We owe it to ourselves to live right and good with respect for one anothers beliefs "no matter how twisted and irrational" they appear to be.

Peace be with us all!!
....I'm a muslim and I believe in jesus as a prophet,but not having Faith in jesus like some people do doesn't mean you are an atheist,bn atheic in nature is when you didn't believe in God.don't mix things up.bn a christian is like worshping idols to some people,bn a muslim is like worshiping idols to some people,bn an ifa follower is like an idol to some people too....I hate to hear people proclaiming a religion more than what we ve here in africa...God is God

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by muller101(m): 10:11am On Oct 16, 2016
100kg? That's equivalent to 121.2liters of water. Op do u know how to read the scale at all?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2016
100kg?? undecided undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Tolexander: 10:13am On Oct 16, 2016
Myde4naija:
omode
tunfulu!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by hollywater: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Wait, Are crown weighs 100kg or 10kg? Is that a typo or something because 100kg is equivalent to two bags of rice... undecided
Good question. .
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by ibnjarir93(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

Do you have proof he existed?
Disputing that Jesus christ( Isa A.S) existed is like disputing all histories. Disputing his Divinity is one thing; questioning his existence is another.
You are simply a history denier.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by saintdennis(m): 10:20am On Oct 16, 2016
MarieSucre:
this is barbaric. Why are they sacrificing a dog?

Even till tomorrow animals are sacrificed daily by Europeans, asians, Arabs, americans n africans. Via diff festivals.

If you ain't a vegetarian then keep quiet!

Self-righteous people errwhere angry
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by saintdennis(m): 10:26am On Oct 16, 2016
MrGoogleHead11:

The weight of the crown might be true actually, mysticism has been part of Yoruba culture since time immemorial, humans have bend many times nature to defy impossibilities, there was a Yoruba warlord by the name Ogedende who has a war gear that can't be lifted up by 100 able bodied men because of the weight, yet he hanged the cloth on just a string of spider web.

It's called mythology
Sango is another example of yoruba myth.

Ever heard of the viking god THOR? His hammer can't be lifted by others (humans n gods) but he could lift it & fling it like paper .

Zeus, kratos(God of war), hercules, archilles (troy) hadez, poseidon etc are considered mythologies but whites are using it to make money.

Here in Africa we are using our myths for beer parlour gossip angry

Ogedende ko chiomadende ni.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Jabioro: 10:26am On Oct 16, 2016
I am a Yoruba man,with tribal mark,it show's I am confirm son of the soil.The crown can't be 100 kg I totally disagree..he would wear or carry a weight of such on his head and still standing comfortably? ..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 16, 2016
shinarambo1:
I believe the crown was made by Ogun himself.
Here are some pictures from the event.
The last pics is the Ooni offering sacrifice at ogun shrine.

No.

The crown belonged to Obatala & Osangangan Obamakin.

Oduduwa himself had a crown made from leaves from a tree in Oke Ora - this crown is presently in Idanre.

After Oduduwa passed, there was no crown to go with the throne until Osangangan Obamakin got on the throne with this Ade Are & succeeded by few guys from his clan - they left the crown after Oranmiyan came back to usurp power.

This is why only people from Ile-Olorisa at Iranje Ideta (Olorisa Compound) - Obatala's descendants in Ife know the secrets to propitiating & maintaning the Ade Are after a when a king is about to be enthroned & after he passes.

It has nothing to do with Ogun.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 16, 2016
shinarambo1:
The LOKOLOKOs are his body guards during the Olojo Festival. Time for the festival is indicated by the sun’s movement in about the month of October from the West to the East. Only the Olojo chief priest identifies the particular day to celebrate the festival.

There's no Olojo priest.

The main actors are:

Ooni
Osogun
Owa Eredunmi
The Otun Ife chiefs
The Osi Ife chiefs (who play a very minimal role)
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by gloryman91: 10:32am On Oct 16, 2016
shinarambo1:
Pretty girls were ushered in from benin to usher guest at the palace. Olori connections. cheesy

Are these ones part of the sacrifice? Lazy girls.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by dEastActivist: 10:38am On Oct 16, 2016
[s]
MrPresident1:
Oduduwa is the banner under which the ancient Israelites arrived Ile-Ife.

Oduduwa is an ancient Israelite.
[/s]

Stop that rubbish joke
Oduduwa fell from the sky.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by theGistsonline: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

So will you

The Islamic hell fire awaits you.

Calling Jesus an illiterate is a compliment considering he never existed
You see, islam is the cause of all the problems in the world today, isis, bokohariam, hezbollah, what's the name of that one in kenya again Islam is a disease that needs to be eradicated from earth, I truly don't wanna keep typing this but..that HELL FIRE PIT surely awaits you & your enTire religion & generation! Flee ye son of satan!!!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by theGistsonline: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

So will you

The Islamic hell fire awaits you.

Calling Jesus an illiterate is a compliment considering he never existed
You see, islam is the cause of all the problems in the world today, isis, bokohariam, hezbollah, what's the name of that one in kenya again Islam is a disease that needs to be eradicated from earth, I truly don't wanna keep typing this but..that HELL FIRE PIT surely awaits you & your enTire religion & generation! Flee ye son of satan!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Banyankole Tribe Where Bride's Aunt Has Sex With Groom To Test Sexual Prowess / Traditional Edo Attire In Pictures / Words From The Epie Language Of Yenagoa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.