Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS (21266 Views)

Justices Dimgba And Ademola Back To Their Seats. Preside Over Cases Against Dss / Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable / Justice Nnamdi Dimgba: "SSS’ Conduct Disgrace To Democracy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
A judge of the Federal High Court, Abuja division, Justice Nnamdi Dimgba has said the invasion of his residence by men of the Department of State Service (DSS) was to intimidate him.

Justice Dimgba, who gave details of his ordeals in the hands of the DSS, said the security personnel subjected him to harassment and intimidation because of the rulings he had delivered against the DSS.

The judge was one of those arrested in Abuja last weekend by the DSS.

Justice Dimgba spoke in a letter to the chairman of the National Judicial Council (NJC), Justice Mahmud Mohammed (who is also the Chief Justice of Nigeria), a copy of which The Nation sighted in Abuja.

He stated that on September 16, 2016, the DSS invited and detained the Registrar attached to his court at its office in Abuja.

The judge added that the Registrar was not only detained but her were also phones seized while operatives of the DSS “threatened her to provide them with testimonies that can implicate me in the performance of my official duties.

Justice Dimgba, who lives next to Justice Adeniyi Ademola (also of the Federal High Court), added that the same registrar was re-invited on September 26, 2016.

The judge, who expressed disappointment with the conduct of the DSS, has sought the permission of NJC to sue the security agency for allegedly violating his rights.

”When the DSS did not succeed in their above goal of implicating me through the court registrars on Friday, 7 October 2016 by 8pm, they invaded my residence.

When I asked, they first presented me with a search warrant for a No 19 Ogbemudia Crescent, Apo Legislative Quarters, Zone E and which had a John Inyang Okoro as defendant.

“When I explained that my house address was not 19 Ogbemudia Crescent, Apo Legislative Quarters, Zone E and that my name was certainly not John Inyang Okoro on the search warrant, the DSS team leader explained that there was a mix-up.

“He then presented me with another search warrant for 30 Ogbemudia Crescent, Apo Legislative Quarters, Zone E but which had A.F.A Ademola as the defendant.

“When I also explained that I was not A.F.A Ademola but that my name was Justice Dimgba, the DSS team leader stated that whatever was the case, they said the DSS were under instructions from above to search Justice Nnamdi Dimgba’s house,” he said.

The judge said he tried to resist the search on the grounds that the activities of the DSS men was not backed by search warrant and later managed to “seek refuge in the garden” in an adjacent premises.

“I endured the whole ordeal in this open garden as the neighbour was away.

Thereafter, the DSS operatives turned on my nephew who resides with me and my driver.

They beat them to pulp with guns and forced their way into, ransacked the entire house in the course of execution of a non-existent search warrant.

“They went away with my bag containing a number of case files which I had planned to work on for the weekend in relation to judgments adjourned, my power cable of my laptop and also my own copy of the reply dated September 4, 2016 which I had sent to the NJC to the DSS’ petition against me,” Justice Dimgba said.

He added: “I pray, my Lord, for your intervention to: (1) stop these acts of harassment and intimidation against me by theDSS; and ensure the immediate return of these seized case files and my answer to their petition to me.

“Not returning the case files make it almost impossible for me to proceed with the completion of the judgements.

I also wish to state that I intend to commence legal proceedings in court against the DSS for the above brazen violations of my rights, unless my Lord otherwise advises.

http://thenationonlineng.net/story-justice-dimgba/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Let the fireworks begin.

The judges are quite refined, they are registering their disgust with the rudderless and clueless admin through the right channels instead of the aimless media trials that leads to no where.

I don't see the DSS and her silly superiors doing well when the case cracks open for factual debates among learned fellows in the court of law

Lalasticlala, kindly consider this thread for the FP. This impunity must be exposed and denounced unless for the cursed zombies among us.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Opinedecandid(m): 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Isn't enough enough with Buhari's nephew impunity?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by yeyeboi(m): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ok
Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Good comeback...by d time diz whole drama is over, DSS n Judges go dey avoid themselves like two like poles of a magnet undecided

8 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by sholatech(m): 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
The Judges are not smiling..and I pray The LORD allows them to sue the DSS. The Judgement that will be delivered on the case ennnn...

47 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by sammychimex(m): 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
These judges arrests and the circumstances surrounding it is already confusing me. I don't know who believe. Anyways let the Dss charge them to court if they have evidence. We go deal with the rights of the judges later.

3 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
sholatech:
The Judges are not smiling..and I pray The LORD allows them to sue the DSS. The Judgement that will be delivered on the case ennnn...

The comeback from the judiciary will be brutal. You don't go in for the kill, only to end up exposing yourself to a fatal angle due to rash planning.

18 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by cy4cent(f): 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
DSS has turned into Nigerian police that arrest people and frame charges on them.

Where is the money found in their houses?

The dust raised last week is gradually settling, in due course we shall know if we are to still take DSS arrests serious.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
cy4cent:
DSS has turned into Nigerian police that arrest people and frame charges on them.

Where is the money found in their houses?

The dust raised last week is gradually settling, in due course we shall know if we are to still take DSS arrests serious.

Ask the zombies and they will tell you it is on an A4 paper . Hahaha !! grin

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Fedayeen02: 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
The thing that will bankrupt this government is legal damages they will incur from their unlawful arrests of citizens

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by femimailbox(m): 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
DSS vs JUDGES
(Daura vs malami)

What am I typing sef! Abeg make I go make my money before Buhari kill person jare.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by todayboy: 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pathetic

4 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Pavarottii(m): 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
"The judge said he tried to resist the search on the grounds that the activities of the DSS men. was not backed by search warrant and later managed to “seek refuge in the garden” in an adjacent premises."

So no valid search warrant??

28 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Pavarottii:
"The judge said he tried to resist the search on the grounds that the activities of the DSS men. was not backed by search warrant and later managed to “seek refuge in the garden” in an adjacent premises."

So no valid search warrant??

I expect their zombie worshipers to say otherwise

24 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
Haba Lalasticlala !! Arrange this thread go permanent site na sad
Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by genearts(m): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
I was expecting him to fault the DSS on what was allegedly found in his house during the search but he didn't. Why do they (judges) always skip that part?

8 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
genearts:
I was expecting him to fault the DSS on what was allegedly found in his house during the search but he didn't. Why do they (judges) always skip that part?

What was found in Justice Dimgba house ? Didn't you read about his work files the silly DSS confiscated from him ?

“They went away with my bag containing a number of case files which I had planned to work on for the weekend in relation to judgments adjourned, my power cable of my laptop and also my own copy of the reply dated September 4, 2016 which I had sent to the NJC to the DSS’ petition against me,” Justice Dimgba said.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by genearts(m): 8:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
Kabashin:

What was found in Justice Dimgba house ? Didn't you read about his work files the silly DSS confiscated from him ?

No money was found?

4 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
genearts:

No money was found?

Yes, if you know otherwise show me. And there is nothing wrong in someone keeping his money at home. No be by force to keep money for bank.

27 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by fineboynl(m): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
haha, this administration has be know for media try. the corruption fight and recovery lot is only taking place on the media.

3 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by genearts(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
Kabashin:

Yes, if you know otherwise show me. And there is nothing wrong in someone keeping his money at home. No be by force to keep money for bank.
Then why didn't the judge mention it in this his epistle if he is truly a saint as he wants to make us believe?

7 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
genearts:

Then why didn't the judge mention it in this his epistle if he is truly a saint as he wants to make us believe?

Mention what ? Are you just here to troll ? I repeat show me what the DSS discovered in Justice Dimgba house in their useless typed paper.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Trut(m): 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
Dimgba should sue the hell out of the Daura Secret Service, at least N100 Billion damages will be OK.

10 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
Na wa oooh
Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by zurine(f): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
hmm
Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
Kabashin:
Haba Lalasticlala !! Arrange this thread go permanent site na sad
Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by Kabashin: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
Lalasticlala. Abeg attend to this.
Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by RentALodge: 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
Stories like this will always be subjective. I weep for Nigeria, NBA is worried about due process (rightly) but fails to condemn the apparent corrupt act of the disgraced judges. Nigeria is in a deep mess. On the other hand, due process must be followed at all times. Buhari is a product of the rule of law in this dispensation. Due process was followed. DSS had valid search warrants. Now tell me what due process the so called Judges followed when they collected bribes to pervert the cause of justice or how else can they explain the huge sums found in their bedrooms?

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by sammyj: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Shameless bunch of people/cabal. Judicial corruption is worse than ARM RUBBERY and any other kind of corruption. I only pity this generation !!! angry shocked

8 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by TimeManager(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
I.m loving this like kilode. No peace for corrupt asses. Igbos can go chop ogbete all i care.
Kiss the truth!
PS; I think whoever mod it is that tampers with my posts & bans me is hereby declared unfit & must lose his paid job with immediate effect for gross incompetence. I used the word "flat.ties" & not igbos. I was recently banned for calling some stupid idiots "children of clifford orji". Be careful or i"ll make you chop ogbete food.
The truth has spoken!

6 Likes

Re: My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS by kokosin: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
oya DSS go after dis man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obaseki: APC Importing Thugs Into Edo / Bandits Convert Classrooms To Hideout In Zamfara / 2023: Why I Turned Down Offers To Be Vice-president - Zulum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.