Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:05 PM

Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn (14553 Views)

El-zakzaky: Falana Writes Buhari, Threatens To Sue AGF, DSS Boss / Buhari, AGF Meet Over Probe Of Govt Officials / Arrested Judges: Court Summons Buhari, DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by akindele91(m): 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
ABUJA – A legal practitioner, Mr. Olukoya Ogungbeje has dragged President Muhammadu Buhari to court, accusing him of violating rights of judges whose houses were raided by operatives of the Department of State Service, DSS.

In an N50billion suit he entered before the Federal High Court in Abuja, the Lagos based lawyer, cited the DSS and its Director-General, Mr. Lawal Daura, as defendants.

Ngwuta, Okoroand Ademola Other defendants in the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/809/16, were the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, and the National Judicial Council, NJC. The plaintiff contended that the arrest and detention of the judges without recourse to the NJC, was not only unconstitutional, but also aimed at ridiculing the judiciary arm of government.

According to him, the action of the DSS was in gross violation of rights of the judges as enshrined in sections 33, 34, 35, 36, and 41 of the 1999 Constitution, as amended. Consequently, Ogungbeje who Instituted the action on behalf of five out of the seven judges whose homes were “invaded” between October 8 and 9, sought ten separate reliefs from the court, including award of N50billion as general and exemplary damages against the defendants, as well as another N2million as cost of the suit.

Besides, the plaintiff prayed the court for an order compelling the DSS to return to the judges, money that were seized from their homes. As well as to make an order of perpetual injunction restraining the defendants from arresting, inviting, intimidating, or harassing any of the judges pertaining to the case.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/arrest-judges-lawyer-files-n50bn-suit-buhari-agf-dss-igp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Decibel: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Way to go my learned colleagues. We can't just stand akimbo and watch the illiterates and dullards disgracing our senior colleagues on the bench. Daura and his attack dogs from Napolean must be dealt with.
I wonder what will be going through the mind of the ambulance-chaser Falana grin

@akindele91 add a reputable source and see yourself on front page smiley

43 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by ever811(m): 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
they have started again.. distract people's attention then settle the case within your selves and some useless youth will come here to defend them...

9 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Tolexander: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
Na wahala be this o!

Who will now be on the bench as Judge at the Federal High Court in Abuja on the suite?
The same Judicial council the Federal government has been victimizing on alleged corruption or what?

9 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by duro4chang(m): 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Abuse of court process.Shame on corruption!

16 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Mentcee(m): 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
Buhari is deaf

7 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by SalomonKane: 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
Honestly, I think most of these lawyers should be flogged. The rights of ordinary Nigerians are being violated every blessed day, but you won't see them sue the FG on behalf of this Nigerians, but when it's someone who's 'reputable' you see them suing everything sueable.

This set of lawyers need to get their priorities in place.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by SalomonKane: 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
Tolexander:
Na wahala be this o!
Which kain yeye wahala? Abi that poor 14 year old girl who was married to an emir's aid doesn't have rights abi?

Why didn't they go gun blazing and sue the emir and his aids? They're here suing the FG!

Nonsense!!!.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by uchelvlink(f): 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
these are amazing times to be a 5%ter! it's actually fun.

Pls this seasonal film must not end ooo

6 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by akindele91(m): 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Barrister Olukoya Ogungbeje, must be one of those corrupt-lawyers who are benefiting hugely from looting,stealing and embezzlement of our national commonwealth by displaying an audacity to sue president M.Buhari and his Attorney General,N50b naira on behalf of those corrupt-ridden suspected judges/justices whose raid on their residences produced bribery evidence;of USA- dollars,Euro-currencies and British pound - currencies.Or were those judges bureau-de- change-speculators?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Qmerit(m): 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Effort in futility!
Who would judge judges then!
Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by marv1: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
See them. See them. Oju ole re. When ordinary men are languishing in jail they are nowhere to be found but because these people are jurges they are sueing and quoting a useless law that is not meant for the poor. SHAME

6 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by tit(f): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
what is his locus standi?
wont he be termed an interloper except he git a brief from one of the kidnapped judges or members of their household?
this ambulance-shaser should better go and get a brief from the boy that was beaten up in one of the judges' house.

ehrnnn!
he said "they should return the money!".
how much?
inquiring minds wanna know.

3 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
I would like to see the judge who will grant this silly prayer angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by freeze001(f): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
Thus is the kind of catch 22 situation the FG and its agents should have envisaged before attempting their highly distasteful and illegal raids. Unless the courts will no longer be regarded and rulings respected, they should have known that they would appear before the courts over loads of issues in the course of the infamous fight against corruption.

Now what happens next? Will they allege bias every step of the way? Even Auta the CJ of the FHC was not spared their idiocy. Up till now, with all their hot air and media posturing, the DSS has still been unable bring any action against the judges

3 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by freeze001(f): 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
And what will you do? Will u be able to prove that the judge has acted outside the law in granting the prayers? Or u and ur kind will start baying like wolves hungry for blood because ur favourite meal was snatched? I'm sure you will even support any intimidation of the judge this case is assigned to just to favour ur lord and master and his puppeteers that pull his strings.

kropotkin2:
I would like to see the judge who will grant this silly prayer angry

1 Like

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Progressive01(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Wait, can someone explain to me in clear terms what "rights of the judges were violated"?? Do the judges have more rights than the average joe on the streets?

Hell, these people bore me with their inanity.

5 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by newheart2(m): 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
50bn did the dss killed the judges

4 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
I love this news cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Trut(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
I love the drama

2 Likes

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by jumobi1(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
Too lazy to read in detail but how does homeboy have standing to bring this suit?
Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by gfullmoon(m): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
Like Idi Amin will say , " Freedom of speech I will guarantee, but freedom after speech I can't. I hate orders of Perpetual Injunction, it makes me think Seekers have something to hide. I thought most of them denied the money allegedly found in their apartment ? There are really some bad eggs in Nigerian Judiciary, who are called MTN ie "pay as you go". Or cash and carry Judges . Even the NJC and their colleagues know them. The Judiciary is the last hope of the common man, but when the innocents are sent to prison or lost cases , he ought to have win as a result of corruption, it will spell doom to the society in the long run. Every discerning Nigerian know that most of the 2015 Governorship election ruling were faulty. Even the Injunctions flying up and down over PDP's Chairmanship and authentic Governorship Ticket Primary Election tussle in some states.

1 Like

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by jamace(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
Waste of time and energy. Nothing go happen.

All these charge and bail lawyers making noise should read the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 again.

The following areas of the ACJA support the actions of the President, DSS and all other ingredients necessary for dealing with the judges:
1. Sections 12(2) & 13
2. Section 43 (1)
3. Section 23
4. Section 44
5. Section 47 (1)
6. Section 147
7. Section 148

Enough of criminals in wigs feeling big despite operating in unprofessional manner.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Yeye de truly smell.
Tell me how lawyer go take make heaven if them continue dis way

1 Like

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by zurine(f): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
hmm
Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Yannny: 8:51am On Oct 17, 2016
[b]
gocac:
''corruption will always find a way of fighting back'', it is a shame that our judiciary is the most corrupt arm of government. little or no attention was paid to the judiciary over the years, rather we were after the legislature and executive arms of government. forgetting that if judges don't sell perpetual injunctions to politicians from all forms of prosecution, politicians wont steal with so much impunity,
i pity the common masses that would support corrupt judges just because they hate buhari...... ''if i hear say Buhari's led FG go pay you and your criminals called judges N50b'' he should have asked for $50b,as N50b will be too small for those thieves, because they sell judgments in dollars. no wonder james ibori was discharged and acquitted by a nigerian court,but the same james ibori went to a london court and pleaded guilty and was asking for leniency, on the same charges a nigerian court squashed. shame...shame....shame to all of you that would support corrupt judges. i pity you because by the special grace of God you will be their victim one day. keep supporting evil just because you hate buhari!
[/b]

[size=14pt]BUHARI VS CORRUPTION[/size]
The battle line has been drawn...

1 Like

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by Dotwillis1(m): 8:52am On Oct 17, 2016
which judge go wan preside over this case .....dem go dey fear bn arrest na
Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by kings09(m): 8:54am On Oct 17, 2016
And anoda episode starts....
Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by MadCow1: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2016
Afonja Lawyers too dey make noise.. grin

He has no basis for his lawsuit.

1 Like

Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by MadCow1: 8:56am On Oct 17, 2016
tit:
what is his locus standi?
wont he be termed an interloper except he git a brief from one of the kidnapped judges or members of their household?
this ambulance-shaser should better go and get a brief from the boy that was beaten up in one of the judges' house.

ehrnnn!
he said "they should return the money!".
how much?
inquiring minds wanna know.

I was about to ask the same question..

Na only am waka come.. No Princpa.. grin
Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by MrKrap(m): 8:57am On Oct 17, 2016
remaking of gani fawenmi vs abacha govt loading...
Re: Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn by don4real18(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2016
Will the money come from the FG's pocket?
Nope.... it is the taxpayers money.
This is an example of a foolish literate... better go and face your charge and bail

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Executive And Legislative Members Play Football (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Decries Hunger, Poverty / 35 State Governors Invite Godwin Emefiele Over Naira Redesign, Withdrawal Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.