Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone (23010 Views)

All Of Xiaomi’s 2020 Phones Over N103,000 (CNY2,000) To Support 5G / Apple May Face Criminal Charges In France Over Iphone Slowdown / Why Do You Prefer Other Phones Over Tecno? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Gsmbasics: 6:51am On Oct 17, 2016
Before beginning this post I want to tell you that this article does not suggest that iPhone has less functions than Android, or Apple phones are not good, I am writing this post to inform you how Android is better than IOS or the contrast in between the both OS.

If you notice in Nigeria, you will see that everyone is looking at their mobile phone this obviously suggests that users are addicted to smartphones.Everyone wants to purchase a mobile phone with more functions in less cost and what's much better than Android phones. One thing I like about Android is that you will get a mobile phone at the most affordable price.
As you know that Google is frequently launching their latest OS KitKat, lollipop, Marshmallow, etc

Here I am discussing why Nigerians are going for Android over Apple iPhones and this post also covers some features of both OS.

1. Cost

This is the main reason why Nigerians are moving to Android devices.If you notice the cost of Android phone starts from N15,000. As compared to this if you choose the iPhone you need N150,000+, and you will get fewer features compared with android mobile. Forget about the brand people wants more features in less cost.

2. Removable gadgets

The android mobiles have enough internal memory as much as 16 GB even you can add external sd cards if you need additional space. In case of iPhone, you will get only an inbuilt memory approximately 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB you cannot increase the memory due to the fact that there is no external memory card slot readily available in Apple gadgets.
As lots of people want to watch movies, videos on their smartphone they need enough space, for such people iPhone is not for them. Clearly, Nigerians will find another phone which will meet their requirement.

3. Bluetooth.

If you want to transfer information from one mobile to another you can use Bluetooth technology.In past, some Nigerians used to buy phones on the basis of accessibility of Bluetooth functionality.
In iPhone, you can move data from one mobile to another but within iPhone devices, it implies that there is limitation of transferring information within iPhone.

4. Easy to use, weight, screen size

The interface of Android is clearer that anybody can comprehend, no need for extra manual once you get mobile you will get to understand it.In the case of iPhone, there are a lot of complex features like Apple ID, app store, Siri, and so on. which ordinary people do not know about. The other factor is weight.
The Android mobile weight is less than iPhone.Some people do not like more weight to carry in their pocket.
The iPhone screen size is fixed and I would state that it is extremely small as compared with android mobile.People will like to watch movies on big screen devices which iPhone will not offer.Maybe we need to give iPhone 6+ thumbs up for 5.5 inches.

5. Phone availability

There are thousands of android phones readily available in the market with different screen size, different brand names, replaceable battery etc. however if you take a look at iPhone, there are few phones available in the market with the expensive price compared to Android. If you want to buy an iPhone, then you have just a few choices.

6. App store vs Play-store

In google store you will get countless of apps at free of charge however in iPhone app store there is a minimal application that you have to pay cash. In Android, you can take a backup of that application, and you can move it to another gadget all such features means a lot to people.

Final words:
After checking all the features of both OS, I will pick Android because of pricing aspect of it. Otherwise, Apple is a good brand, and it constantly produces good quality product.The style of iPhone has no competition as they are on the top of all smartphones.Though I have actually used android devices before now, I have actually purchased iPhone 6 to see how it works and why people likes Apple.
Which do you prefer Android or iPhone? Do comment

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/610/6-reasons-why-nigerians-choose-android-phones-over-iphone.html

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by cassidy1996(m): 6:52am On Oct 17, 2016
Andriod rocks......Iphone is overated. Niger mentality, they believe expensive things are the best...

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by barnas1(m): 7:05am On Oct 17, 2016
Android rocks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Tallesty1(m): 7:23am On Oct 17, 2016
Tweaking

8 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Whizpeter(m): 9:40am On Oct 17, 2016
I would be back...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Opistorincos(m): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by tahoe(m): 10:24am On Oct 17, 2016
I think it is because of only one reason which is the price.
if you get money you no go buy

8 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by tahoe(m): 10:25am On Oct 17, 2016

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by tahoe(m): 10:25am On Oct 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2016
Maybe ur reasons,,,,my reason of not using be say I no get money

12 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by donshady(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
We all know the main reason is the cost of the phone..

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by BlindAngel: 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
tahoe:

Bring new iPhone 6 or 7, sell am for me 30k if I buy am make thunder strike me and my family dead. Make I sleep ma nor wake up.
Android ti take over...
LAST BULLET

THUNDER FIRE IPHONE.

24 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by jimi4us: 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
BlindAngel:

Bring new iPhone 6 or 7, sell am for me 30k if I buy am make thunder strike me and my family dead. Make I sleep ma nor wake up.
Android ti take over...
LAST BULLET

THUNDER FIRE IPHONE.
haba Oga are you that angry with iPhone?

6 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
I think your topic should be changed to why most Nigerians buy android instead iPhone. Why because some persons still like iPhone inspite of the listed features you highlighted.
it will be suicidal for you to generalize the whole thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Freelancerx: 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
Apart from all these listed stuffs, you can't enjoy all the features of the iPhone well in naija

11 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by J4parry(m): 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
Freelancerx:
Apart from all these listed stuffs, you can't enjoy all the features of the iPhone well in naija

This is a #fact and also, Androids can be tweaked beyond an imaginable extent. I think this is the number one reason.

14 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by jimi4us: 6:08am On Oct 18, 2016
J4parry:

This is a #fact and also, Androids can be tweaked beyond an imaginable extent. I think this is the number one reason.
that's true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 18, 2016
One reason...Poverty.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by recievesense: 6:58am On Oct 18, 2016
Wingback:
One reason...Poverty.

Gbam

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by orlarbissy(f): 6:59am On Oct 18, 2016
IPhone KO GPhone ni , still rocking my android phone.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by dsmooth1(m): 6:59am On Oct 18, 2016
IPhone undecided
....wen rice is still dancing shoki, beans dancing kukere,and d economy is in d Other Room, guess andriod phones is d best companion for most pple nw
But fact still remains dat sum pple cnt even afford dis android phones n still stick to java with touch light a.k.a tan ina sobe,or oko oloyun, hmmm mak GoD help us for dis county

13 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by SenatorTobijah(m): 7:01am On Oct 18, 2016
I still prefer BlackBerry from q10 to classic and now passport. I don't like phones without keypads

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by wildchild1: 7:02am On Oct 18, 2016
Samsung s series over apple all day

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by MrCasper: 7:02am On Oct 18, 2016
undecided
Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:04am On Oct 18, 2016
if you prefer;

iPhone click like

Android click share

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Yeyegist(f): 7:04am On Oct 18, 2016
Iphone over anything... rocking my Iphone7s

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by kstix(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2016
There is only one logical reason ppl use iPhones.. brand and class.. Nigerians use it to show off though. but aside that, there is absolutely nothing the iPhone can do that a very good Samsung android can't. and at a much lower price.

12 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by YtivitissuP: 7:05am On Oct 18, 2016
Always a fan of Android

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by henryobinna(m): 7:07am On Oct 18, 2016
true list but not all android have removable battery.

But there are still crappy Android phones in the market that's why if you're choosing check out the most Competitive Guide To Buy Your Next Smartphone http://www.droidpost.com/2015/11/features-to-watchout-for-when-buying-smartphone.html

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 18, 2016
Its all about cost, cost and cost.

A large percentage of android users go with tecno and other affordable ones. If not for phone from chinese manufactures, alot of Nigerians would have still been using java phones.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone by passionate88: 7:10am On Oct 18, 2016

No 1 is everything.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware / 8 Horrifying Moments Smartphones Have Caused The Death Of People / Tips To Save On Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.