Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students (25858 Views)

FUTA Expels Six Students Who Attacked A Female Student / Examination Misconduct: BUK Expels 63 Students, Rusticates 13 Others / FUTO Expels 10 Students, Rusticates 103 Over Exam Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Islie: 7:36am On Oct 17, 2016
Authorities of the University of Lagos have expelled 125 students and rusticated 198 others for various offences, including examination malpractices during last academic session.

The lists of the affected students were published on the university’s website on Sunday.

The institution’s Deputy Registrar (Information), Mr Toyin Adebule, confirmed the expulsion and estimation to newsmen in Lagos on Sunday,
Adebule said that the university “will soon publish and display the names and photographs of the students in the media’’.

He said that the action was in line with the university’s zero tolerance on malpractices and other vices in campus.

“Yes we have published some names on our website and these students will be punished in various degrees, depending on the severity.

“Last session, a number of students were caught in various forms of malpractices during their examinations.

“Some were found cheating during the examination with “micro sheets” while others were hired as surrogates to write papers for others.

“Others were caught smoking weeds (Marijuana) right in their halls of residence by their colleagues and reported to the university authorities.

“For those who were caught impersonating, writing examinations for others, they will face outright expulsion,’’ Adebule said.

Adebule said the other categories of students, such as those caught with micro sheets and the smokers, would face suspension ranging from two to four semesters.

“In other to get the desired effect of their various punishments, we are planning to publish all their names as well as display their photographs all over the campus in the next one week.

“We shall carry out this measure in all the departments and faculties in the institution.

“This is to help the university ensure that the affected students will have nowhere to hibernate on campus.

“By doing this, the affected students would know that the university want to ensure total compliance to the sanction and would not want to be seen anywhere around the campus,’’ he said.

Adebule said that before every examination, the university normally make available the rules and regulations for the students to abide by.

He said that such rules and regulations were usually accompanied by various sanctions for defaulters.

According to him, the university will continue to do all it can to sustain set standards and best practices as obtained in other top universities around the world.

Adebule, however, clarified that the development had nothing to do with those involved in the recent students’ riot.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/unilag-expels-125-rusticates-198-students/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by HungerBAD: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2016
UNILAG.

I can understand the reason why most were expelled, but for some strange reason, those that got suspended for smoking WeeWee(Weed) got me laughing.

Father: Why them pursue you for School?

Son: I smoke Igbo papa

Father: Igbo?

Son: Yes

Father: Okay, go bedroom go bring the one i keep for bed side table make we smoke, no mind that yeye school.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by HQuadreal: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2016
Eyaaaaah.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by remi144(m): 7:42am On Oct 17, 2016
hungerBAD abeg wer my airtime? lemme beg d VC.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by ezechueze(m): 7:50am On Oct 17, 2016
Life is good with LG ELECTRONICS

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2016
HungerBAD:
UNILAG.

I can understand the reason why most were expelled, but for some strange reason, those that got suspended for smoking WeeWee(Weed) got me laughing.

Father: Okay, go bedroom go bring the one i keep for bed side table make we smoke, no mind that yeye school.

Lol

5 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by firstking01(m): 8:26am On Oct 17, 2016
A student that was sent to school to study went and started smoking weed, smh...i can't seem to understand how you will read, assimilate and understand what you are taught...atleast, for the sake of your grades suspend smoking for that 4-5years you'd be in school when you graduate you can continue with your smoking eventhough i detest smoking...

Say NO to malpractice.

Say NO to cultism

Say NO to lecturers molesting the female students on our campuses..

Wish other schools will follow suit so as to bring sanity to our schools and other government parastatals..

Together we can make a change but not buhari's kind of change sha.

23 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by qualityovenbake(m): 10:03am On Oct 17, 2016
Too bad, their parents will be dIsappointed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2016
Abeg someone shud help me differentiate Expel and Rusticate

17 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by johnwizey: 11:31am On Oct 17, 2016
Expel 125 rusticate 198 undecided Ayam nt understanding

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Others were caught smoking weeds (Marijuana) shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by CaptEColeJnr: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Dem go school go smoke weed?
Na weedology dem dey study?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by DozieInc(m): 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by veekid(m): 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
Iyanu change tin shele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by ultimate121: 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
-
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by amuokuko: 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
This Buhari Govt Na Waooooo...

Company dey sack workers
now, University sef don join the sack..

i no go surprise say soon churches go paste names of members wey them no want see for church again due to their lack of giving.....

NWANNE UWA EMEBIGO OOOOOO!!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by emperorchedda(m): 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
I wonder the rationale behind suspending students for smoking kpom. So long it doesn't affect their why disturb them? cheesy

On a lighter note smoking kpom gives inspiration

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by badaoyeyemi(f): 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
...Expel; to send away
Rusticate; to expel
Hmmmm am confused

17 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by HelenPaul688: 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
HungerBAD:
UNILAG.

You need help serious

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by MadCow1: 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
Probably ndi Benin.. angry

Trying to destroy the reputation of UNILAG. angry

They think UNILAG is UNIBEN. angry

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by SoftwareLord(m): 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
firstking01:
A student that was sent to school to study went and started smoking weed, smh...i can't seem to understandimilate and understand what you are taught...atleast, for the sake of your grades suspend smoking for that 4-5years you'd be in school when you graduate you can continue with your smoking eventhough i detest smoking...

Say NO to malpractice.

Say NO to cultism

Say NO to lecturers molesting the female students on our campuses..

Wish other schools will follow suit so as to bring sanity to our schools and other government parastatals..

Togethet we can make a change but not buhari's kind of change sha.

Nwokem shatap dia. If I smoke sapele weed, on the music tempo to low volunm tune. That's when the Reading rhyme will be flowing in my medula. Everyone is not the same.

7 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Memphis357(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
Na Wa.
A waste of some parents hard earned monies. All these undergraduates that won't behave. See how they wasted their fathers, mothers, sugar daddies monies.
What will they tell them Now?

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ok Next
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Jacko1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
If any guy caughy impersonating

Did so for any runz gal ehn

Dat person is the most stupid fellow in the world

Wonder if the school catch said runz gal

During my time at futo
Wen you impersonate and are caught
Seee window flying now
Ppl go just dey holla
Go forrest gump run hehe

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by dazzlingd(m): 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
The school of first choice and the nation's pride
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by firstking01(m): 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
SoftwareLord:

F
You get F for which course??

8 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by SoftwareLord(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
firstking01:
You get F for which course??

For not smoking weed. grin grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Odeyinigbin(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Dem go school go smoke weed?
Na weedology dem dey study?

Don't mind dem jare
Awon Omo amugbo

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by passionate88: 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
Na wa o
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by AuroraB(f): 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
MadCow1:
Probably ndi Benin.. angry

Trying to destroy the reputation of UNILAG. angry
cheesy cheesy *tears* cheesy cheesy
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by macuwon(m): 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Who school epp sef? I just wish I could go back and collect all the money I spent in school, return their 2.1 certificate.. And use the money to start business or even mmm or naijabet

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended / LAUTECH Students Booed Ajimobi (Video) / Easy Ways To Pass Your Courses... From A Bad Boy With A Good Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.