Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) (5783 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / 13 Scriptures That Will Change Ladies From Entering Hell... By Watchman Peter / A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by ValentineMary(m): 7:21am On Oct 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

My brother, this is the same argument religious people present; just with the terms changed viz: You cannot see GOD but you can tell whether or not He is present in a life by observing what fruits the person yields.

You accuse religious people of having faith in an unseen GOD? You are guilty of having faith in an unseen phenomenon too.

I would tell you to rather sift everything you hear from "scientists" and reason with your own head. A lot faith is exercised today even in the camp of those who label themselves as empiricists.
But these manifestations are also seen in the lives of unbelievers. They are not exclusively for believers.
And my dear am a scientist. I don't need faith to interpret my findings.

1 Like

Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by ValentineMary(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2016
akintom:

Don't get your question
Should we believe in this watchman based on religious doctrins alone?
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by akintom(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2016
ValentineMary:

Should we believe in this watchman based on religious doctrins alone?

The religious folks have the right to so believe.

Personally, as humanist, since i don't subscribe to religious beliefs, and because there is no iota of scientific evidential basis for the the believe in watchman, i entertain no such belief.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by raphieMontella: 11:34am On Oct 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:
ValentineMary,

A whole lot is wrong with modern science. The whole idea of dark matter exists because it is assumed that the spacetime is a geniune proposition. Please follow this link to find out that the idea of spacetime is a hoax that not only needs to be immediately retired, but also raises questions about the veracity of what most people hold as "truth" today, supposedly from the stables of science.
lol..conspiracy theories have really gotten to you bruh...
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by DoctorAlien(m): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol..conspiracy theories have really gotten to you bruh...

A little--I mean, a little research will just expose the many illogical and reason-contradicting deceptions and lies in modern Physics.

Just a little.

You owe it to yourself to make sure that in trying to find out the "truth", you don't get lied to.

Let me give you a tip: with little/minimal Math/Physics skill, you can quickly decipher that any type of motion whatsoever is not possible in 4D spacetime, which has time as a fourth dimension. Yet, "scientists" keep propagating the lie that the universe is most correctly viewed as spacetime.

Pathetic.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by ValentineMary(m): 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
akintom:

The religious folks have the right to so believe.

Personally, as humanist, since i don't subscribe to religious beliefs, and because there is no iota of scientific evidential basis for the the believe in watchman, i entertain no such belief.
Is absence of evidence the evidence of absence ?
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by akintom(m): 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
ValentineMary:

Scientifically speaking, YES.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by EyeHateGod: 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

A little--I mean, a little research will just expose the many illogical and reason-contradicting deceptions and lies in modern Physics.

like?
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
ValentineMary:

But we know it takes place by the increase in volume per unit volume of each rise intemperature. By God matter do u mean gravity or dark matter because these have proven to be the binding force.
No the "god matter" is a cosmical constituent, the said particle responsible for the cosmos. it is quite smaller than any sub-atomic particle that is said to arise from a vacuum.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by EyeHateGod: 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
lordnicklaus:

No the "god matter" is a cosmical constituent, the said particle responsible for the cosmos. it is quite smaller than any sub-atomic particle that is said to arise from a vacuum.
There is no such thing as The God Matter Rather what we have is The God particle
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

There is no such thing as The God Matter Rather what we have is The God particle
Yes, it is also referred to as the god particle. Thanks for notifying anyways.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
ValentineMary:

Not entirely. The presence or existence of a conceptual piece is not necessarily verified
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by DoctorAlien(m): 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:
like?
Look up the impossibility of motion in spacetime.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by EyeHateGod: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Look up the impossibility of motion in spacetime.
What do u mean by space time? or do u mean space?

If that's what you mean then how do Meteors And asteroid and planets Move in space?
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

If that's what you mean then how do Meteors And asteroid and planets Move in space?
spacetime determines "cause and effect"
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by DoctorAlien(m): 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

grin grin grin

Can you see that you'd have been better off reading and educating yourself, rather than frantically searching this board and opening meaningless topics here and there about a Being you insist does not exist?

Let me help you: Follow this link.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by EyeHateGod: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin grin grin

Can you see that you'd have been better off reading and educating yourself, rather than frantically searching this board and opening meaningless topics here and there about a Being you insist does not exist?

Let me help you: Follow www.rebelscience.org/Crackpots/notorious.htm]this link.
Rebelscience. org are u kidding me? and why are u Ashamed to put the link on the open? And besides why are u changing the topic?
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by EyeHateGod: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
lordnicklaus:
spacetime determines "cause and effect"
Time na illusion to me i don't put too much reference on it
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by DoctorAlien(m): 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Rebelscience. org are u kidding me? and why are u Ashamed to put the link on the open? And besides why are u changing the topic?

Can you read the article and forget the web address? Are you allergic to reason?

I didn't want to derail the thread. That was why I diverted you to a link.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Time na illusion to me i don't put too much reference on it
But planetary oscillations determine time. Time is just a reference to such dimensions.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by EyeHateGod: 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
lordnicklaus:

But planetary oscillations determine time. Time is just a reference to such dimensions.
Time is not A dimension
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by EyeHateGod: 2:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Can you read the article and forget the web address? Are you allergic to reason?

I didn't want to derail the thread. That was why I diverted you to a link.
Why did u put the link out so people would know where you get your source from? are u Ashamed?
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by DoctorAlien(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Why did u put the link out so people would know where you get your source from? are u Ashamed?

Can someone tell me exactly what is wrong with this boy's brain? sad

Please don't mention me again.

Thank you.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by EyeHateGod: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Can someone tell me exactly what is wrong with this boy's brain? sad

Please don't mention me again.

Thank you.
Simple Question Are u Or where u Ashamed of the Link that you hid it winner01 style?
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by raphieMontella: 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Just a little.

You owe it to yourself to make sure that in trying to find out the "truth" , you don't get lied to.

Let me give you a tip: with little/minimal Math/Physics skill, you can quickly decipher that any type of motion whatsoever is not possible in 4D spacetime, which has time as a fourth dimension. Yet, "scientists" keep propagating the lie that the universe is most correctly viewed as spacetime.

Pathetic
@the first bolded-----lol...i laughed hard bro

@the second bolded---another laugh bro

@the third bolded---all im just saying is simple---slow down on the conspiracy theories you ''go'' into...
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by DoctorAlien(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

@the first bolded-----lol...i laughed hard bro

@the second bolded---another laugh bro

@the third bolded---all im just saying is simple---slow down on the conspiracy theories you ''go'' into...

You can continue laughing.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by EyeHateGod: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You can continue laughing.
OLODO
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by ValentineMary(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Oh!!! u mean the "God particle" also known as Higgs Boson? u are right. It is responsible for the formation of mass but it is not God (unless u adopt the pantheist view). It only interact with all forms of matter unlike other particles thus creating mass.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by johnydon22(m): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Reality is experience in the making. It would sound weird to assume that since we cannot physically deduce the cubic expansivity of a liquid, that its fractional increase is abstract. Likewise we might not see God but would it still be logical to assume that God is merely the binding energy of the cosmos? Likewise, the "god matter" is extremely puny to the naked eye, but theoretically, it has been confirmed to be there and to be the supplementing intricate universal constituent. Most scientific facets have not been witnessed in reality but can we deem science as wrong? Likewise the existence of God is not a conceptual piece we should entirely doubt. CC ValentineMary donnffd johnydon22 shadeyinka butterfly88 raphiemontella.

Good thoughts brother, love it - i have been terribly busy lately brother.. My grandma's burial is coming up next week plus work, i barely have time to discuss.

I'd have loved to take part in this intellectual squabble - maybe after everything i'll be back to discuss extensively once more
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 22, 2016
johnydon22:

Good thoughts brother, love it - i have been terribly busy lately brother.. My grandma's burial is coming up next week plus work, i barely have time to discuss.

I'd have loved to take part in this intellectual squabble - maybe after everything i'll be back to discuss extensively once more
Thanks. Sorry about your grandma.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2016
ValentineMary:

Oh!!! u mean the "God particle" also known as Higgs Boson? u are right. It is responsible for the formation of mass but it is not God (unless u adopt the pantheist view). It only interact with all forms of matter unlike other particles thus creating mass.
Exactly. I was just trying to point out the fact that since the god particle is relatively minute, we cannot dispute its presence because we cannot see it and this should apply to the existence of God.
Re: The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) by ValentineMary(m): 8:46pm On Oct 22, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Exactly. I was just trying to point out the fact that since the god particle is relatively minute, we cannot dispute its presence because we cannot see it and this should apply to the existence of God.
But there are procedures in detecting it especially at the LHC. Can we say likewise for this God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The True Story Of Ayelala; The Historic Woman Of Courage / If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? / IN WHOSE/WHAT'S IMAGE ARE THESE CHILDREN CREATED? MAN FIXING GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.