Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death (14333 Views)

Woman Sues Church After Failing 2receive Promised Money 4keeping Quiet After Sex / Orji Orizu Sues Reverend-Father Chilaka For N5bn Over Prophecy / Faith Academy Ruling Worries Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by lawrence83: 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2009
The so-called church-promoting, pastor-defending Christians in the bid to defend their "men of god" are exhibiting Un-Christlike behaviors through their insulting comments. You really wonder who is the ultimate is in their lives, the Christ the profess to believe in, or their "men of god"?[b][/b]

Thanks so much for this,

those pastors are now their God while God is now just anybody. angry sad shocked shocked shocked

shake my head.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2009
angry
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by mrperfect(m): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2009
Not a pleasant one
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by kajadman: 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
Alright this argument is getting nowhere, i am now comming in as a neutral person to mediate between Winners Chapel and Daystar. If Winner Chapel losses the name will be changed to Losers Chapel and also if Daystar Losses their name will be changed to Night Moon. So let me hear from both parties now. Good luck contestants. Your time starts now. cool
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by mjay(m): 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2009
kajad man:

Alright this argument is getting nowhere, i am now comming in as a neutral person to mediate between Winners Chapel and Daystar. If Winner Chapel losses the name will be changed to Losers Chapel and also if Daystar Losses their name will be changed to Night Moon. So let me hear from both parties now. Good luck contestants. Your time starts now. cool

as if ds d night of a thousand laff, u bera be serious
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2009
Having read previous post,i tink its time to leave frivolties.daystar or no daystar.winners or no winners.pastor or no pastor.afa or no afa is not d issue being discussed.some1 died a human being like us,d case is filed b4 d hon court to determine if there was negligence/not.Yet nothing has been proven.we've only heard a party&havent heard d other&d judge hasnt given a verdict,here we have pple trivializing issues.Nigerians.We are adults now lets behave ourselves&patiently wait 4d jurist decision
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Kunbee: 2:06am On Oct 23, 2009
FA and CU love sweeping things under the carpet
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by vislabraye(m): 2:42am On Oct 23, 2009
It's very pathetic to hear something like this. The lady in question would have spent millions in training that child, only to die like a chicken. I would very much like to hear the other side of the story,
As it is, there is so much controversy surrounding that institution. First, we heard that people who tested positive for HIV or pregnancy were not allowed to graduate. We also heard that the institution expelled 120 students for not coming to the assembly with their bible. Now, some one died.
i think it would be in the best interest of the school to clear their name
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by 9ja4eva: 4:48am On Oct 23, 2009
vislabraye:

It's very pathetic to hear something like this. The lady in question would have spent millions in training that child, only to die like a chicken. I would very much like to hear the other side of the story,
As it is, there is so much controversy surrounding that institution. First, we heard that people who tested positive for HIV or pregnancy were not allowed to graduate. We also heard that the institution expelled 120 students for not coming to the assembly with their bible. Now, some one died.
i think it would be in the best interest of the school to clear their name

This is sad but am not shocked.Its high time someone went after these churches and their excesses.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Tudor6(f): 8:42am On Oct 23, 2009
Common decency dictates the parents of the girl be compensated for their damages. . . In FA when you fall sick you're bundled to the school clinic which is manned by a nurse the consequence of which is a hefty bill that reflects in your next school fees. . .its even worse if your illness is severe enough to warrant a transfer to Gilead medical centre (The church hospital). . .the bill is enough to build you your own personal clinic. . . grin

For all oyedepos rant about divine health, healing and miracles, his wife came down with a stroke and he promptly flew her to the US to get top of the line Medcare. Worse still he could not even raise the dead Morenike killed by the negligence of his staff.

Infact all these men of dog whether Oyedepo, Adeboye, chris or Daystar are all IDIOTS.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by Gamine(f): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2009
Kunbee:

FA and CU love sweeping things under the carpet

True.

Soon, the court case of the guy who drowned in CU would be out.
Pure negligence and Hypocrisy
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by switch47(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2009
drlawng:

The so-called church-promoting, pastor-defending Christians in the bid to defend their "men of god" are exhibiting Un-Christlike behaviors through their insulting comments.  You really wonder who is the ultimate is in their lives, the Christ the profess to believe in, or their "men of god"?

@switch47, I can see you are really an intellectual, as your BTW comments pre-supposes that everyone else on the  forum is an idiot. Word of advice, that you don't agree with other peoples perspectives doesn't make you smarter than they are.
R.I.P Morenike.

In BTW
   So many posts-  but what is the intelligence level exhibited by the average user?       My question has nothing to do with people's different perspective or opinion           BASIC INTELLIGENCE    is vital is simple discussion .  a person may agree with my opinion yet- lack to basic intellectual exposure to convey same. the average user is either begging the question, or totally posting OFF TOPIC  most times attacking and showing personal hatred/sentiments which in most cases has nothing to do with the topic of discussion.  basic intelligence isn't cheap

@Topic
 This Topic is about the alleged Negligence of  The medical unit of the aforementioned school for which the management is Vicariously liable. the case is THE STATE Vs Faith Academy     NOT the State Vs The registered trustees of winners chapel.

The court has already condemned the defendants absence from court on the first sitting ,Which from the post is  the fault of their COUNSEL/LAWYER
According to the post the defendants were not present in court and the judge has given the school a chance to be duly represented in the next sitting.the case is still in court.(preliminary stage) time and actual facts of the case will tell if the school is guilty or not- any judgmental statement elsewhere is subjudice.

The issues raised here relates to the effectiveness of the health facilities of boarding schools whether it is up to the minimum standard  if not what is the way forward?  it should not be a chance to start attacking the church or the bishop of winners chapel or other clergy that has nothing to do with it .  it is totaly uncalled for and it is not good for the forum in the long run.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by sharpman1(m): 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2009
I am really trying to understand some points that have been raised.

Patients die in both Government and Private hospitals everyday. Students die in federal and state universities, right inside the campus.

The issue should not be where the death took place but how.

If it is proved that the organization was negligent, then whoever is involved should face the music but if the school can prove that it showed reasonable care, then they would not be held liable.

People have died even in their parents home, due to some form of negligence or the other.

I am wondering why we are making so much noise about the name of the school when we should focus on how she died.
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by switch47(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2009
@sharpman
Spot on!! God bless you- GOOD POINT!!
Re: Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death by 9ja4eva: 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2009
sharp man:

I am really trying to understand some points that have been raised.

Patients die in both Government and Private hospitals everyday. Students die in federal and state universities, right inside the campus.

The issue should not be where the death took place but how.

If it is proved that the organization was negligent, then whoever is involved should face the music but if the school can prove that it showed reasonable care, then they would not be held liable.

People have died even in their parents home, due to some form of negligence or the other.

I am wondering why we are making so much noise about the name of the school when we should focus on how she died.

Why not?The school is acting like they did nothing wrong.Besides its a different case because the kid died due to negligence on the part of the school and church.This is not the first time this is happening.All these kind of wayo wayo thing must STOP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? / Sign Fireman Explains How God Is A Game!!! / The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.