Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? (4900 Views)

Programmers, How Can I Do This? / Programmers how much do you earn monthly? / This Recession Would Be Worse In 2017.. I.T Is Taking Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
How market nao?
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
dhtml18:
How market nao?

For me, it's not at all
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
Chai! some people just dey chop life. Recession dey chase but never catch me sha, in fact, him no fit catch me sef.

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
dhtml18:
Chai! some people just dey chop life. Recession dey chase but never catch me sha, in fact, him no fit catch me sef.

LOL I trust you na.

The only thing that affected me is the WhatsApp-BlackBerry issue..... It's really touching me had to completely start focusing on Android and getting a Macbook
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by bot101(m): 5:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
FincoApps:

LOL I trust you na.

The only thing that affected me is the WhatsApp-BlackBerry issue..... It's really touching me had to completely start focusing on Android and getting a Macbook

I feel you bro.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
Not a programmer or a freelance agent but I know both an online freelance writer and website developer caking off this recession. The only thing which suffers especially for the site developer is his generator and wallet in terms of buying fuel steady. My writer friend still depends fully on NEPA and hasn't complained.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
Meanwhile, there has been no NEPA where i dey for the past 6 weeks. Even this post sef is on generator.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Afam4eva(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
I bought the smallest hosting plan that Hostgator has for a client and was expecting the usuall exchange rate of 200 naira to a dollar as enforced by CBN only to see an alert of about 24k. Guys, it's just $50 freaking dollars. I don't think i'll be buying anything in dollars for a while.

2 Likes

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
I am telling you, the dollar thing dey kill our business like anything. My IOS developer account don expire, i refuse to renew until i get a big IOS job to do - we are talking $99 - before this was small money, but now, the thing be like N1,000,000 naira for my eye.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by toheebDOTcom(m): 7:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
^^^usually #200/$1? Na long tin be that oo. e don dey!
But 24k for $50 bad Abeg. that is above 450.

Recession affect me oo. dem dey slash down price joor
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Whytelyon(m): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
It's not only killing me, it's almost ending my career as a programmer.

This nation so far is the worst place to have this type of skill. No lite, no people to patronise you. You make a call to put forward a solution they slam the phone on you. Micro finance banks which cannot afford the big names, don't want you doing anything for them either.

Sometimes I wish to move to another nation where I would be king there, where do I go, Rwanda? This is why many people code malwares and use it... against their will.

6 Likes

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
The dude above me is going through similar frustrations as myself. I have been thinking seriously on the way forward. Many of small domains for startups and expiring sef, with all these dollar things ehn, i dont even know what to do again.

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Whytelyon(m): 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
dhtml18:
The dude above me is going through similar frustrations as myself. I have been thinking seriously on the way forward. Many of small domains for startups and expiring sef, with all these dollar things ehn, i dont even know what to do again.

I know

- Penetrative Testing
- Reverse Engineering
- Malware Analysis

I can code and I know security. I know how to detect sql injections and how to protect them. I know a lot, but imagine telling me, "I cannot pay you" oya shay na when I use this skill hack them now them go wan jail me ba? Helping to encourage lawlessness fully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
^^^I am sure you heard what happened to my NSEAPI on a thread i created like that. This our country is not favourable for programmers #fact
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Whytelyon(m): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^I am sure you heard what happened to my NSEAPI on a thread i created like that. This our country is not favourable for programmers #fact

You said so, Yea you told me. We just wasting skills here.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hahaha, but do not underestimate this TROLL at all - that is all I shall say.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Whytelyon(m): 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Make ppl no go do something bad. I'm tempted already
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
It is not that the temptation to do something bad does not occur to me sometimes, the question is - how long do you think you can hide before the bad-belle people them them CAST you.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Whytelyon(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
dhtml18:
It is not that the temptation to do something bad does not occur to me sometimes, the question is - how long do you think you can hide before the bad-belle people them them CAST you.

Hehehehhee abeg o. I don't intend to.. just tempted.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Afam4eva:
I bought the smallest hosting plan that Hostgator has for a client and was expecting the usuall exchange rate of 200 naira to a dollar as enforced by CBN only to see an alert of about 24k. Guys, it's just $50 freaking dollars. I don't think i'll be buying anything in dollars for a while.

hahahahahahaha, pele

This one is really really bad
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
Okay so I think I understand now..... I use PayPal to pay for hosting, Ads, Fiverr etc

So $5 is always $5

The last time someone paid me to use more than my PayPal funds, I didn't like the debit alert i got AT ALL so I'm sticking to PayPal
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
Whytelyon:

I know

- Penetrative Testing
- Reverse Engineering
- Malware Analysis

I can code and I know security. I know how to detect sql injections and how to protect them. I know a lot, but imagine telling me, "I cannot pay you" oya shay na when I use this skill hack them now them go wan jail me ba? Helping to encourage lawlessness fully.

LOL I totally understand. An hacker was also telling me that Nigerians don't like to pay... If you tell them you found a vulnerability, they'll ignore you. And if you bring them down, they'll start threatening you.... Left for me, #BRINGTHEMALLDOWN

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Whytelyon(m): 6:12am On Oct 19, 2016
FincoApps:

LOL I totally understand. An hacker was also telling me that Nigerians don't like to pay... If you tell them you found a vulnerability, they'll ignore you. And if you bring them down, they'll start threatening you.... Left for me, #BRINGTHEMALLDOWN

I swear o
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by guru01(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2016
That's why we need to buy in naira to grow the economy.
We need lots of start ups in this country.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by FincoApps(m): 11:48am On Oct 19, 2016
guru01:
That's why we need to buy in naira to grow the economy.
We need lots of start ups in this country.

LOL are you still trying to be the meziah of nigeria ?

Left for me, the country can crumble.... I'm out

2 Likes

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by guru01(m): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2016
FincoApps:

LOL are you still trying to be the meziah of nigeria ?

Left for me, the country can crumble.... I'm out
Yes I still believe in Nigeria.
As long as am in this country, I will continue to give my best.

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ehn? who are those swearing for this country? I shall just deport them to Afghanistan.
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by guru01(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
Let them go to Rwanda. grin
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by sisqology(m): 10:19am On Oct 23, 2016
I am typing this post from Uzbekistan currently grin grin grin grin
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by haggai247: 12:15am On Nov 03, 2016
dhtml18:
I can hide like forever still Jesus come lol get a secure VPN from the dark web like tor and the rest you are covered and make sure you don't use true credentials on anything
Re: Programmers, How Is This Recession Affecting Your Work? by haggai247: 12:21am On Nov 03, 2016
advice for all would be and advanced programmers find a community with 247 electricity like me and you won't complain
and you get inspiration for the good or the bad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central / How Do Io Create Ribbon Ui In Java / Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.