Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) (22464 Views)

What Happens After We Die? Near-death-experiences & Reincarnation / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death / What Happens After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by ajanma2(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
I have been so confused for a while now about what happens to our souls after death...many people believe after death comes judgement.. meaning,those who are dead now are either in heaven or hell or purgatory. in reference to the scripture''its appointed unto man to die after that comes judgment''..so now the question is,why is Jesus coming on the last day to judge the living and the dead since we have already been judged immediately after death..is the judgment twice?. where are the souls that have died now?pls share ur suggestion

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Lisaflex(f): 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
I'm more concerned wt knwin if der's sm sort of self conciousness/awareness (of d spirit)after death...

18 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
spiritlessons.com

Yes after death is JUDGEMENT. Either heaven or hellfire. There is no purgatory. That is Catholic doctrine and has no biblical backup.

After death a sinner goes to hellfire. And a righteous man goes to heaven. They will remain there till the final Judgement. There are 2 Judgements. The judgement of the saints will be immediately after the Rapture and during the great tribulation happening on Earth. After the (Bema Seat of) judgement of the saints, comes the marriage union of The Lamb with his bride (The saints). Bible says 'Abraham.... shall sit'. This is the Judgement of the saints. And there is no remembrance of their sins because they have overcome.

The final judgement of sinners comes after the MILLENIAL REIGN OF CHRIST. (1000 years of peace and bliss on Earth). Satan will be loosed from prison to deceive the world for a season (note: not the saints) and will gather them like the sand of sea. But they will be destroyed by fire, and Satan will be cast into the lake of fire. Then the judgement of sinners will begin. It's called 'THE WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT'. Hellfire will give up its inhabitants. And they will be judged according to their works and be cast in the Lake of fire. And hellfire itself shall be cast in the Lake of fire. This is known as 'The second Death'.

The current heaven and earth shall pass away/disappear. Then there shall be a New Heaven and a New Earth.This is where the righteous will dwell for all eternity with God and the Lamb.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Ranchhoddas: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
MrPRevailer:
spiritlessons.com

Yes after death is JUDGEMENT. Either heaven or hellfire. There is no purgatory. That is Catholic doctrine and has no biblical backup.

After death a sinner goes to hellfire. And a righteous man goes to heaven. They will remain there till the final Judgement. There are 2 Judgements. The judgement of the saints will be immediately after the Rapture and during the great tribulation happening on Earth. After the (Bema Seat of) judgement of the saints, comes the marriage union of The Lamb with his bride (The saints). Bible says 'Abraham.... shall sit'. This is the Judgement of the saints. And there is no remembrance of their sins because they have overcome.

The final judgement of sinners comes after the MILLENIAL REIGN OF CHRIST. (1000 years of peace and bliss on Earth). Satan will be loosed from prison to deceive the world for a season (note: not the saints) and will gather them like the sand of sea. But they will be destroyed by fire, and Satan will be cast into the lake of fire. Then the judgement of sinners will begin. It's called 'THE WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT'. Hellfire will give up its inhabitants. And they will be judged according to their works and be cast in the Lake of fire. And hellfire itself shall be cast in the Lake of fire. This is known as 'The second Death'.

The current heaven and earth shall pass away/disappear. Then there shall be a New Heaven and a New Earth.This is where the righteous will dwell for all eternity with God and the Lamb.
Abeg who understand this thing make him explain am well.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by ookay(m): 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
The Bible makes it clear that there is personal judgement (Heb 9:27), judgement of cities or nations (Luke 10:14), judgement of the church (Rom 14:10), and judgement of those who reject Christ as their Lord and saviour (Jude 1:15, 1Pet 4:17).

The best thing anyone can do for himself while alive is to repent of his or her sinful ways, accept Jesus as Lord and saviour and obey God's commandments.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by ajanma2(m): 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
lalasticala..abeg FP...need more suggestions
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
i do not know what actually happens to the righteous after death... i don't know if they go to heaven or Sheol as well.. but the wicked and unrighteous go to Sheol... Sheol is translated as hell in the Bible at some point... so the idea of hell being on fire is not a biblical doctrine... the story of rich man and lazarus is a parable.. all will be judged at the end of the world and the wicked will be thrown into the lake of fire... this is the second death

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Abeg who understand this thing make him explain am well.

SUMMARY of what I wrote:

A dead sinner goes to HELL fire and awaits the Final Judgement of God to be cast in THE LAKE OF FIRE.

The Righteous goes to Heaven. When the world comes to an absolute end, he will be ushered to THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH.

That is the Judgement.
Heaven and Hell are just stationaries where it's inhabitants wait for the final Judgement.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:
i do not know what actually happens to the righteous after death... i don't know if they go to heaven or Sheol as well.. but the wicked and unrighteous go to Sheol... Sheol is translated as hell in the Bible at some point... so the idea of hell being on fire is not a biblical doctrine... the story of rich man and lazarus is a parable.. all will be judged at the end of the world and the wicked will be thrown into the lake of fire... this is the second death

'it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:46Where their worm dieth not,and the fire is not quenched' Mark 9:46

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Ranchhoddas: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

SUMMARY of what I wrote:

A dead sinner goes to HELL fire and awaits the Final Judgement of God to be cast in THE LAKE OF FIRE.

The Righteous goes to Heaven. When the world comes to an absolute end, he will be ushered to THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH.

That is the Judgement.
Heaven and Hell are just stationaries where it's inhabitants wait for the final Judgement.
Are the sinners in this hell currently conscious?

3 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

'it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:46Where their worm dieth not,and the fire is not quenched' Mark 9:46

that's talking about the lake of fire... not the popular fiery place unrighteous people go after death... also

2 Peter 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

eternal/everlasting fire turns to ash... that's the example of what eternal fire does... destroys completely for ever... this destruction occurs in the lake of fire... what other points do u have??

2 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are the sinners in this hell currently conscious?

Yes. They are very conscious and an indescribable pain of suffering.

Some scientists in the year 1980s where excavating very deep in the ground and reached a depth where they began to hear deafening and hellish cries of millions of people.

When it was published on Newpapers. it was apprehended. They must have been ruthlessly cautioned by the US government who was doing all it can to fight against religion especially christianity spread, prevent the truth and promote Evolution theory.

READ 21 Objectives of Illuminati.
http://www.thecontroversialfiles.net/2016/10/the-21-objectives-of-illuminati.html

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:

that's talking about the lake of fire... not the popular fiery place unrighteous people go after death... also

2 Peter 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

eternal/everlasting fire turns to ash... that's the example of what eternal fire does... destroys completely for ever... this destruction occurs in the lake of fire... what other points do u have??

All these your useless rantings.

Hell is mentioned in that verse and more than 5 times in Mathew 5:29-30 Matthew 18:9-10 Mark 9:
'....than to cast into HELL, where the fire is not quenched'

Also in Isaiah 5:14 'Therefore HELL hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: to receive the multitudes.'

Pls make a better lie for the devil.

5 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Ranchhoddas: 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Yes. They are very conscious and an indescribable pain of suffering.

Some scientists in the year 1980s where excavating very deep in the ground and reached a depth where they began to hear deafening and hellish cries of millions of people.

They must have been ruthlessly cautioned by the US government who was doing all it can to fight against religion especially christianity, prevent the truth and promote Evolution theory.
Such a place will not be physical and as such will not exist on this plane. So I don't think human instruments will be able to detect anything like that. Na those scientists know wetin dem hear.

25 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Such a place will not be physical and as such will not exist on this plane. So I don't think human instruments will be able to detect anything like that. Na those scientists know wetin dem hear.

And who told you it doesn't exist here? How do you know?

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Ranchhoddas: 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

And who told you it doesn't exist here? How do you know?
Deductive reasoning.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Deductive reasoning.

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Hell is mentioned in that verse and more than 5 times in Mathew 5:29-30 Matthew 18:9-10 Mark 9:

Also in Isaiah 5:14 'Therefore HELL hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: to receive the multitudes.'

cheesy
MrPRevailer:

depends on what u call hell.. there are three or four translations of the original hebrew Aramaic texts as hell

1. sheol
2.tarsus or something like that
3. genehha

sheol is what is translated as hell in the old testament... if u doubt me then do your research..
p.s .. there is no record of fire in sheol

ok... to the part where the fire is not quenched... u cannot quench God's fire.. just like sodom and Gomorrah... the fire cannot be quenched by anybody.. if u like run into a river or ocean.. it will still burn u until you've been totally destroyed (turned to ash) just like Sodom and Gomorrah

still the same thing... visit the links below for clarification

http://biblelight.net/hell.htm
http://www.hellhadesafterlife.com/hell/what-bible-says-about-hell

p.s.... I'm not a jw
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by EyeHateGod: 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:
cheesy

depends on what u call hell.. there are three or four translations of the original hebrew Aramaic texts as hell

1. sheol
3. genehha

sheol is what is translated as hell in the old testament... if u doubt me then do your research..

ok... to the part where the fire is not quenched... u cannot quench God's fire.. just like sodom and Gomorrah... the fire cannot be quenched by anybody.. if u like run into a river or ocean.. it will still burn u until you've been totally destroyed (turned to ash) just like Sodom and Gomorrah

Why is it that if you don't know anything you won't keep quiet or say i don't know? the word hell was never mentioned In The OT rather the word Sheol was used which means the Place of the dead both the evil and the good go there when they die!

The other Two you mentioned are Greek words and is never found in The OT

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by MrPRevailer(m): 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:
cheesy

1. sheol
3. genehha

http://biblelight.net/hell.htm
http://www.hellhadesafterlife.com/hell/what-bible-says-about-hell

p.s.... I'm not a jw

Any learned christian at this point can discern you are a deliberate false christian. WHY MY DEAR, WHY?

First you said Hell has no fire. I showed you with emphasis. And one can read other verses online mentioning HELLFIRE. Now you say hell has no fire because it means "Sheol" in the OT with your useless Hebrew interpretation gibberish. Is the Hell in Old testament different from the Hell in New testament? NO. Simply NO.

Now you bring another doctrine saying the person will be destroyed in the fire. Let me ask you what about "THE WORM THAT DOES NOT DIE"?
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Why is it that if you don't know anything you won't keep quiet or say i don't know? the word hell was never mentioned In The OT rather the word Sheol was used which means the Place of the dead both the evil and the good go there when they die!

The other Two you mentioned are Greek words and is never found in The OT

wtf :-/ .. that's what i said... read my post again
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by EyeHateGod: 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:

wtf :-/ .. that's what i said... read my post again
Wilgrea7:

You mean this And why did u Edit the post?
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Any learned christian at this point can discern you are a deliberate false christian. WHY MY DEAR, WHY?

First you said Hell has no fire. I showed you with emphasis. And one can read other verses online mentioning HELLFIRE. Now you say hell has no fire because it means "Sheol" in the OT with your useless Hebrew interpretation gibberish. Is the Hell in Old testament different from the Hell in New testament? NO. Simply NO.

Now you bring another doctrine saying the person will be destroyed in the fire. Let me ask you what about "THE WORM THAT DOES NOT DIE"?

you and eyehategod are misunderstanding what I'm saying... sheol is what was translated as hell in the old testament.

Jesus used Gehenna when referring to hell a number of times in the new testament.

you claim the hebrew interpretation is gibberish... yet it was from there that the bible you have now was translated... so who's now saying gibberish??

and concerning the hell of the old testament and new testament... depends on where they were used... Sheol is what is translated as hell in the old testament and it has no record of having fire... eyehategod was correct when he said all the dead went there.

concerning the worms dying not.. that is gehenna... the refuse dump outside Jerusalem.. its the word that was used in the original Hebrew scroll so pls stop misquoting me and stop deceiving yourself. Gehenna was a refuse dump where dead bodies of enemies were thrown and trash was burnt... and if u think the worm dieth not means eternal torment then take a look at this scripture

Isaiah 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the CARCASES of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

carcase means the body of a dead thing and not of something alive nd in eternal torment... unquenchable fire is a fire u cannot escape from... it will totally reduce to ash

more questions are welcomed

4 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
EyeHateGod:
You mean this And why did u Edit the post?

bro... i didn't edit the post i swear. it was like that before.. u probably just skipped it
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by EyeHateGod: 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:

bro... i didn't edit the post i swear. it was like that before.. u probably just skipped it
Hmm Jehovah witness
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Hmm Jehovah witness

grin grin .. I'm not a jw

i was actually a pentecostal dogma before i started reading stuffs on nairaland and doing some research which helped me reverse my brainwashing. I'm more of a free thinker now

4 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by EyeHateGod: 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:

grin grin .. I'm not a jw

i was actually a pentecostal dogma before i started reading stuffs on nairaland and doing some research which helped me reverse my brainwashing. I'm more of a free thinker now
Gombs Say Free thinking Christians Is Demonic
Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Weah96: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

When it was published on Newpapers. it was apprehended. They must have been ruthlessly cautioned by the US government who was doing all it can to fight against religion especially christianity spread, prevent the truth and promote Evolution theory.

So hell is really on earth, I mean, within the rock called earth? Zillions of planets in the universe and your god chooses to conduct all of his business here?

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by Wilgrea7(m): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Gombs Say Free thinking Christians Is Demonic

how is it demonic? most Christians are taught not to question what they have been told.. I'm not bound by those rules again.. I'm only bound by my conscience and the bible scriptures that are truly inspired.... nd also a few forbidden scrolls cool

3 Likes

Re: What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) by raphieMontella: 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
can it even exist? As presented by the bible?
''body going into hell''..matthew 10:28,,,gnashing of teeth. Etc...
How are they not physical?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood / As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.