Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

How To Start An Amazon Affiliate Blog In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start An Amazon Affiliate Blog In Nigeria (1448 Views)

How To Start An Online Store With No Money And Make Profit / Own An Affiliate Blog And Make Cash With It / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do Before You Start An Online Home Based Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start An Amazon Affiliate Blog In Nigeria by skillforce: 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
Good Day Reader,

While Google is busy banning adsense accounts, many people in Nigeria still think
and believe that Adsense is the best and only way to monetize a blog. Think again.
Here is a guide on how to start an amazon affiliate blog in Nigeria. Perhaps, if Adsense
just kicked you out, that is not the end of blogging. But somehow, you only need to learn, start
persist until growth begins to happen.
So here we go -

Amazon is becoming a bigger part of my online income with my biggest month in August
bringing in over $1600 so it is a topic I am very much interested in!

There are many ways to earn income from the Amazon affiliate program, but the method I use most is to select a niche with:

Low keyword competition (with buying intent)

High profit margin

Large number of reviews for the products

Many blogs have already discussed strategies on how to do this, but few people talk about how to optimize a site to maximize their amazon income from the traffic they are receiving. This is what I will be discussing today.

Why Should I Optimize My Site for Conversion?
You may think this is a silly question, but did you know that 95% of the built for amazon sites that I find online are throwing money away for having poorly optimized designs. What is the point of bringing traffic to your site if you can’t convert them?

By utilizing the strategies I’ll share below, I have been able to double and even triple my conversions and income.

If you have decided to be successful online, brace yourselves for the practical information provided in this step-by-step guide to building the perfect Amazon affiliate niche site, and making money from Amazon affiliate program.
What is an Amazon Affiliate Niche Site?
Unlike many other websites online, niche sites focus on a handful of specific products or topics.

For example, any site that offers reviews and performance analysis for a single product, or a lot of a very few similar products, can be considered a niche website.

To put it in simple words, “When making a niche website to help promote a particular type of Amazon products, you are creating an Amazon niche website.”

According to Wikipedia,

Niche blogging is the act of creating a blog with the intent of using it to market to a particular niche market. While it could be argued that every blog is, in some form, a niche blog, the term as it applies to marketing refers to a particular kind of blog.

For affiliate marketers, we consider niche site a website having around 30 to 50 contents for a particular type of products.

Step1: Find A Lucrative Niche

The first step of building a niche site and making money from Amazon affiliate program is, select a niche or specific product that you want to promote and build a site around.

Paying attention to what is purchased in high volumes from Amazon (huge number of reviews) is the first step to finding the most profitable products to build Amazon niche site around.

Step 2: Keyword Research And Competition Analysis

Researching keywords and competition analysis is needed after building a list of niches you want to work with.

The keywords you use will make or break your ability to run a successful Amazon niche site.

Knowing how to properly research the keywords that will lead you to success. To ensure further success, knowing how to analyze the competition you will be facing is the key.

I use Google AdWords Keyword Planner to research keywords and Long Tail Pro to analyze the competition.
When people start their searches online with generic term like ‘Camera’, its’ more for basic information.

As they figure out which one to buy, they get more specific on what exactly they are looking for. So they search specific search terms like ‘Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera Review’.

Generic terms don’t bring sells, specific terms do.

Step 3: Buy A Domain/Hosting

After finding the right niche and set of keywords, you will need a domain name. You should register a domain name that will be easily identifiable what your site about.

Exact Match or Brandable Domain?
Finding a name that is catchy and relevant to your product niche is important. I personally recommend going for brandable names, rather going for heavy keyword rich or exact match domains.

Exact match domain is not as powerful as it was to be in the past.

If your keyword is ‘best kitchen knife’, for example, a site named “bestkitchenknife.com” will be a poor choice, while something catchier such as “KnifeGuide.com” will likely be better choice.

There are several things to consider before buying niche site hosting.

Site loading issue comes first.

Load times are extremely important to the success of your Amazon niche site, as without the ability to load quickly, people will likely leave your site before they consume your content and click on your affiliate link.

Step 4: Building The Site
Once you are done with registering your domain name and hosting, Setting up website comes in the next step.

We need to install a Content Management System(CMS) to get the website functional.

WordPress is considered one of the best choices for those looking for highly functional, fast, and highly customizable CMS.

Almost 25% of the entire web is powered by WordPress.

For Amazon niche site, we should never choose any other platform over WordPress. It is a dynamic CMS with most of the themes, plugins and add-ons for a successful website is available for that platform.

When creating your Amazon niche website using WordPress, the themes and plug-ins you choose to utilize are of critical importance.

Thankfully, this process is very simple for niche site owners, and won’t take a big time investment to see big results.
See this link if you need Thrive Themes discount - http:///2dgFRpt

Essential Plugins

Yoast SEO
Jetpack by
Akismet
EasyAzon
WordPress Backup to Dropbox
W3 Total Cache
Social Locker
Q2W3 Fixed Widget
Click To Tweet

Free Tools to grow your Email List, Social Sharing and Analytics by SumoMe

Pinterest Pin It Button On Image Hover and Post
Outbound Link Manager
Floating Social Bar
Contact Form 7
TablePress
Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Leads

Step 5: Mandatory Pages

There are some mandatory pages you need to create before making your Amazon affiliate niche site live.

About
Contact
Privacy Policy
Affiliate Disclosure
These are the pages I create before opening my niche site for Google to index. Not only these make the site legitimate to visitors, this helps Google to understand about your websites’ credibility.

I keep all the pages mentioned above with a top menu. I also put a short ‘Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer’ in the footer and link it to the page.

Step 6: Quality Blog Content Creation

When creating content, you must follow certain guidelines to ensure you receive high search engine rankings, and that you have pages’ customers will actually interact with.I have written a detailed content on writing contents for Amazon affiliate niche site that converts.

I try to publish multiple types of contents on a niche site.

Publishing multiple types of contents besides product reviews is necessary. In fact, to appease Google, you will want to make sure the search giant doesn’t take you as a shady affiliate site trying to trick them, send visitors away (affiliate site) and make money with some product review articles.

In addition to reviews, you will want to have buying guides, resource and how to articles, lists of products by types and more.

Write Exactly What The Audience Is Searching For
Articles should be straightforward, and their titles should make it immediately clear what their use is to your audience.

Step 7: Social Media Promotion

Remember when I said the customer centric and valuable content would be useful during future promotion of your Amazon niche website?
Well, one of the best platforms out there for the promotion of this content is social media. With social media, you get an extremely cheap, and sometimes free way to promote the niche product you are trying to sell to your audience.

Driving traffic to your site via social media platforms will help boost your organic search engine rankings and make your brand more visible across the internet.

Facebook and Twitter are the best platforms for promoting your niche site, but different social media platforms have various advantages, and if you have the time to invest, the more places you promote your niche site the better.
Just keep in mind that, the more people share your link, the more visible you will become on both social media and in search rankings, so always post consistently and focus on sharing high quality, engaging material.

As search engine traffic is my number one focus, I don’t spend much time with social media marketing for niche site. But if you have bigger goal with a single site, you can try to build some large loyal followers.

For small niche sites, working this much on social media promotion will be over killing your effort.

For me, I work a couple of days to get a decent number of followers and consistently post new contents on the channels. That’s just it, I do nothing more for a niche site.

Step 8: Link Building

Having quality links in and out of your content has been a consistently effective way to get big search engines like Google to rank your site.
The more links to your website, the more likely you are to be seen when someone searches the keywords you are targeting for your niche.
As the images shows, Google’s 66.46% of ranking factors are related to backlinks. So building high quality backlink is really important to get a niche site ranked.

Knowing how to build high quality links is the first step to ensuring you are on the right track.

Basically, when other sites link to yours, Google and other search engines will see you as an authority, and give your higher rankings in search engine results. As a niche site owner, you want to look for places where you can build links to your site that are low effort and low cost.

Step 9: Conversion Rate Optimization

If you have visitors on your site.
But they won’t make you money unless you can make them purchase products from Amazon.

You need to initiate some efforts to get them click on your affiliate link and buy products from Amazon.
If you don’t do the conversion rate optimization in proper way, you won’t see much profit from a niche site.
If you want to see your site generate big commissions, you need to think about optimizing your conversion rates.

The more qualified your leads are, the more likely you are able to convert them to paying customers that will gain you commission.
That’s why targeting keywords that are associated with buying is such a good tool, thought your conversion rate optimization can’t stop there.

Now You Have It.

NOTE: Having good information is good.
But if you do nothing with it, it means the time you spent getting that information will be lost. Use or lose it.
Ask questions if you have some. Have you heard about or tried building a blog profitable blog without Adsense monetization?
Re: How To Start An Amazon Affiliate Blog In Nigeria by paulsir: 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
nice write up, in fact I'm bookmarking it right away. NY question is, how do you know what people are buying because market force will determine the profit margin.Also, what hosting are you using?

Kindly given the best 3 niches one can dabble into.
Re: How To Start An Amazon Affiliate Blog In Nigeria by skillforce: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
Fitness, solar, baby niches.
I have a list of 500 top selling products in each of these niche markets
Regarding your questions, there is a method for finding top selling products
paulsir:
nice write up, in fact I'm bookmarking it right away. NY question is, how do you know what people are buying because market force will determine the profit margin.Also, what hosting are you using?

Kindly given the best 3 niches one can dabble into.
Re: How To Start An Amazon Affiliate Blog In Nigeria by paulsir: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
skillforce:
Fitness, solar, baby niches.
I have a list of 500 top selling products in each of these niche markets
Regarding your questions, there is a method for finding top selling products
and what's the method..

(1) (Reply)

Joke Of The Day From Genesis!!! / Do You Know Billionaire Stephen Schwarzman - Watch His Inspiring Video / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.