Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity (26059 Views)

Nigeria Is World’s Largest Producer Of Yam In FAO Ranking ― FG / Fresh Prawns Available In Large Quantity / Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 9:56am On Mar 30, 2017
akindlesfarm:
pls I'll love to be sure on how much yam seed cost.

Do you mean seedling! If it seedling I don't deal in seedling.
But if you mean tuber! Tubers of yam are being sold per kwarai. A kwarai consist of 100 tubers
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by gabsoft: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2017
classicTutor:

Thanks for ur interest bro! Im sorry I have done that before and was disappointed. We both agreed on number of kwarais and price but on getting down to her location I met shock of my life.

Now buyers send money and I buy for them. Or better still we do it 50/50 you send 50% of agreed price while balance on delivery. If you r not OK by this you can come around and buy your tubers!

Ok thanks 4 d honest response. U said i can come around. Where is ur location?
Pls i know some sell kwarai from N7, N8, N10, N12, thousand naira etc depending on d size... How do u sell your own? Address of your location in Lagos. Phone number. Kindly PM me your response so i can see it on time.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 11:53am On Apr 01, 2017
gabsoft:

Pls i know some sell kwarai from N7, N8, N10, N12, thousand naira etc depending on d size... How do u sell your own? Address of your location in Lagos. Phone number. Kindly PM me your response so i can see it on time.

Bro! You cant see yam with those prices of urs! We r in off-season, yam is very cost! I'm in Nasarawa State! 2016 batchA corps member passing out this coming Friday.
Presently, price of yam per kwarai goes for N20k, N25k, N30k, N35k even N40k depending on type and size of yam. And don't forget these prices are not stable. I help my buyers to buy their stock and send its down to them. I asked you to come to north and buy ur stock if you cannot send your money.
You can't believe very big tubers of paper yam goes for N38k per kwarai here in the market.

TIMBERS AND PALM OIL Available For Pick up. We can supply you anywhere
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by NoToPile: 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hello classictutors is there a way I can get about 35 tubers in Lagos at wholesale price It's for personal use.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by goonsmi: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
gabsoft:

I am also interested in this business and I stay in Abeokuta Ogun state.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by classicTutor(m): 2:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
You can join me on my thread or chat me on WhatsApp if you r interested or you want me to buy yam for you!

https://www.nairaland.com/3720497/yam-supply#55224343
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by olusteph: 9:17pm On May 27, 2017
Telegram Group : This is an international group created to facilitate buying and selling of divers raw and processed agriculture farm produce - Cassava,Yam,Grains,Poultry,Piggery,Oil,Fish,Cash crops, seeds and more

Group link:
https:///agricproductsbuyandsell
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by wasuka14(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2017
U don't knw anythin abt yam price. Those prices u qoute is fake! The lease yam u can see now is 35k-40k per hands. Medium size is abt 45k-60k while big size is like 70k-110k. Its my mum biz. U can come to mile12 for market survey by urself. Yam farmers are making hell of cash now! They are building houses and marrying new wifes like never b4.
NickUwaifo:
Hello,
I must say this is a very good and profitable business that some people don't know about. They feel it's just a business for those mallam people but trust me those men are raking in serious money and some people have also taken advantage of this opportunity.

Now I am just about to venture into the business and I have been putting everything in place. My first order will be taking place this week.

I have made good contacts with farmers in Benue State where they have the biggest yam market in West Africa. The yams are sold in kwarai which is per 100tubers. This means one kwarai is 100 tubers of yams.

The price varies depending on size. A kwarai of small yams go for about N8,000. Medium size yams is sold at about N12,000 per kwarai and then the very large yams go for around N18,000 per kwarai.
Transport from the market there to Lagos mile 12 is N2500 per kwarai.

I will keep you updated on how it goes because I will be happy to assist other people who can't go to Benue State get their yams as well.

This is a very good business and I am very confident with the profit to be made.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by wasuka14(m): 7:54am On May 28, 2017
See for this period, if you are not buying like half or full lorry, don't go to Benue or Niger. because d expenses will chop all ur profit. If u need yam like 10 hands come to mile12 i will assist u. Contact me.
NickUwaifo:
Hello,
I must say this is a very good and profitable business that some people don't know about. They feel it's just a business for those mallam people but trust me those men are raking in serious money and some people have also taken advantage of this opportunity.

Now I am just about to venture into the business and I have been putting everything in place. My first order will be taking place this week.

I have made good contacts with farmers in Benue State where they have the biggest yam market in West Africa. The yams are sold in kwarai which is per 100tubers. This means one kwarai is 100 tubers of yams.

The price varies depending on size. A kwarai of small yams go for about N8,000. Medium size yams is sold at about N12,000 per kwarai and then the very large yams go for around N18,000 per kwarai.
Transport from the market there to Lagos mile 12 is N2500 per kwarai.

I will keep you updated on how it goes because I will be happy to assist other people who can't go to Benue State get their yams as well.

This is a very good business and I am very confident with the profit to be made.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by bamboke(f): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2017
Hello. Please what's the latest price on yam from Benue and cost to send all the way to Lagos. Profit after sales in Lagos too.

I am a new entrant. I want good palm oil to sell too. Cost?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 21, 2017
bamboke:
Hello. Please what's the latest price on yam from Benue and cost to send all the way to Lagos. Profit after sales in Lagos too.

Avoid yam for now.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by HomeTutor1(f): 3:50am On Jan 09, 2018
bamboke:

100 tubers of Yam from Niger state is 20,000 for medium size, transport is #3500 to Lagos

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by HomeTutor1(f): 3:52am On Jan 09, 2018
Goodcare:
Please I also need info ask a am also interested in this business please kindly contact ne via goodcare2008@gmail.com

Am starting with a minimum of 50k

thanks
100 tubers of yam from Niger state for 20,000, tfare to Lagos is 3500

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by HomeTutor1(f): 3:53am On Jan 09, 2018
gabsoft:
Hello friends,
I want buy tubers of yam in large quantity. I buy to resell. If you are a farmer and you can arrange for vehicle to carry the yams to the customers pls drop your number and how much you sell. For now how many tubers of yam can N10, N20k buy from your farm..pls add transport cost. Thanks and waiting for your response.
100 tubers of Yam for 20k from Niger state. tfare is #3500
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Amoto94(m): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2018
HomeTutor1:
100 tubers of Yam for 20k from Niger state. tfare is #3500
What's the selling price in Lagos and how quickly can one get buyers without involving middlemen. I seem interested
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by HomeTutor1(f): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2018
Amoto94:
What's the selling price in Lagos and how quickly can one get buyers without involving middlemen. I seem interested
Lagos state is the jack of all business. Most people are selling it at mile 12 with more profit. I dnt really know the cost of yam in lagos for now. I am only supplying from Niger state
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by amerengues(m): 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
Do u still supply? Let's talk
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Andama: 1:02pm On May 16, 2018
Please can you still supply yams to me at this price this month (May 2018)?
HomeTutor1:
100 tubers of Yam from Niger state is 20,000 for medium size, transport is #3500 to Lagos
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Andama: 1:10pm On May 16, 2018
Hello, please how can I contact you? I want to buy about 2 - 3 kwarai of big tubers from the north? I am in Lagos. I need them by end of May 2018
wasuka14:
U don't knw anythin abt yam price. Those prices u qoute is fake! The lease yam u can see now is 35k-40k per hands. Medium size is abt 45k-60k while big size is like 70k-110k. Its my mum biz. U can come to mile12 for market survey by urself. Yam farmers are making hell of cash now! They are building houses and marrying new wifes like never b4.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by kunleweb: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2018
wasuka14:

Do you supply yams?
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by mmb(m): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
i want to buy white yam seets from benue. who has?
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by timsucess(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2018
Am not much experienced in this but are there people who can buy this yam in large quantities in Lagos?
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Echbee: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello, what is the current price of the yams plus transport to lagos.?
classicTutor:

Thanks for ur interest bro! Im sorry I have done that before and was disappointed. We both agreed on number of kwarais and price but on getting down to her location I met shock of my life.

Now buyers send money and I buy for them. Or better still we do it 50/50 you send 50% of agreed price while balance on delivery. If you r not OK by this you can come around and buy your tubers!
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by kunleweb: 8:11am On Dec 12, 2018
Ok
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Amiano(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
Who is in Benue that is into yam business here please?
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Realwvn(m): 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
hello all, my friend need buyers for her tuber of yams, she currently cannot transport them to Lagos because the price hike due to the festive period, she is currently at Benue, kindly leave a message if you are interested, I will share her contact on request.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by mmb(m): 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2018
Realwvn:
hello all, my friend need buyers for her tuber of yams, she currently cannot transport them to Lagos because the price hike due to the festive period, she is currently at Benue, kindly leave a message if you are interested, I will share her contact on request.
I need about 9000 white yam/ onitsha yam seeds? I can come down to Benue.
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Federation123: 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2018
Please her contact ...want to make enquiries
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Federation123: 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
mmb:

Please her contact...is she still in benue? does she still have yams?
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Realwvn(m): 9:41am On Jan 07, 2019
Okay
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Realwvn(m): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2019
Here is her contact
+234 806 324 9445

mmb:
Re: I Want To Buy Yam In Large Quantity by Realwvn(m): 9:43am On Jan 07, 2019
+234 806 324 9445

Federation123:
Please her contact ...want to make enquiries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commercial Mushroom Farming in the Tropics; Low Capital Agribusiness / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting / My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.