Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship (4971 Views)

Standard Chartered Bank Internship Programme 2019 - Global Banking / African Development Bank Internship Programme 2017 / Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment March 2017 (9 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
I've just passed my numerical test and I was sent a link to take the online video interview.
pls, is there anyone here who had taken his own interview and what are the interview questions to be expecting....Thanks

Let this be a discussion thread for all candidates so we can share information... You are free to ask me questions concerning the previous stage.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Ifeshyne(f): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
lekan2rhyme:
I've just passed my numerical test and I was sent a link to take the online video interview.
pls, is there anyone here who had taken his own interview and what are the interview questions to be expecting....Thanks

Let this be a discussion thread for all candidates so we can share information... You are free to ask me questions concerning the previous stage.
Just want to confirm if you're a graduate or undergraduate, cuz the internship advert stated undergraduate. correct me if I'm mistaken though
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
I'm an undergraduate Precisely, a finalist.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Ifeshyne(f): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
lekan2rhyme:
I'm an undergraduate
Precisely, a finalist.
OK, all the best!
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by sgbenro21(m): 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pls is it ur phone that u used to write the first test after registration or not because they sent link to me also registration but I don't really know if Android phone ll work
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nevee: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Kasich(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hmmmm..... Didn't see this one on time, would have loved to be of help to you guys, done the numeric, logical and the video interview, waiting for their response, though mine was graduate trainee, but I am certain they pick the question from the same pool, so if you need any assistance as regards any of the stages, u can quote me, I'll be willing to help
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nevee: 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nevee: 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Kasich(m): 7:56am On Oct 29, 2016
Nevee:
Sadly, I didn't pass the SJT. So I didn't even get to write the logical and numerical tests To them, I'm not a good fit for their firm. Dreams way bigger...
Good morning Nevee
SJTs are meant to test your resolve when faced with a problem that has several solutions, they test your sense of judgement, how easy it is for you to understand a problem and find a way out quickly, and lastly how well h perform under pressure.

Every firm has her core values which they firmly believe in, and they feel if you want to join them, you should share their sentiments as well.

At Standard Chartered they believe you should be able to work efficiently with little or no supervision, their work environment is highly paced n as such people may not have time to babysit you through every storm you face. They need you to be up n doing once given the necessary training at the start of your programme, though once in a while your managers may rescue you out, but you must be willing to work independently And deliver results.

So here comes your answer, you failed the SJTs because your capabilities were tied to team work all the way, you were always too willing to render assistance to a co-worker even when you have serious work to do dat you haven't done, you were too cautious and not willing to take some risk... And maybe your test results showed them you are too emotional.

So next time you take their SJTs try as much as possible not to look too soft and dependent, make them understand you are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to deliver results (we know not everything is realistic, but just compromise)

And lastly I applied because I wanted to pass their aptitude test because I heard people say its really difficult, and yes it was the most intelligent test I've taken till date, both the logical n numeric were tough but I scaled through with 90% score for both... The secret is right in your front but we often neglect it, those practice questions is all you need to pass, practice till you no longer fail anyone within the given time, it's not a test you take in a haste... The video interview is another story on its own... But am not really expecting something from them, I studied engineering though and am still doing my nysc, they may only require guys with solid finance background which I obviously lack, but that doesn't mean am pessimistic o.

I hope next time you get it right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by JiggyFighter: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2016
Kasich:

Good morning Nevee
SJTs are meant to test your resolve when faced with a problem that has several solutions, they test your sense of judgement, how easy it is for you to understand a problem and find a way out quickly, and lastly how well h perform under pressure.

Every firm has her core values which they firmly believe in, and they feel if you want to join them, you should share their sentiments as well.

At Standard Chartered they believe you should be able to work efficiently with little or no supervision, their work environment is highly paced n as such people may not have time to babysit you through every storm you face. They need you to be up n doing once given the necessary training at the start of your programme, though once in a while your managers may rescue you out, but you must be willing to work independently And deliver results.

So here comes your answer, you failed the SJTs because your capabilities were tied to team work all the way, you were always too willing to render assistance to a co-worker even when you have serious work to do dat you haven't done, you were too cautious and not willing to take some risk... And maybe your test results showed them you are too emotional.

So next time you take their SJTs try as much as possible not to look too soft and dependent, make them understand you are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to deliver results (we know not everything is realistic, but just compromise)

And lastly I applied because I wanted to pass their aptitude test because I heard people say its really difficult, and yes it was the most intelligent test I've taken till date, both the logical n numeric were tough but I scaled through with 90% score for both... The secret is right in your front but we often neglect it, those practice questions is all you need to pass, practice till you no longer fail anyone within the given time, it's not a test you take in a haste... The video interview is another story on its own... But am not really expecting something from them, I studied engineering though and am still doing my nysc, they may only require guys with solid finance background which I obviously lack, but that doesn't mean am pessimistic o.

I hope next time you get it right

While you are largely right, I suspect it's a bit more complex. There are many questions in the test that have no clear right or wrong answer, even in terms of team work vs independence. The test is designed to reveal a combination of strengths on your end, and different streams require different strengths. So "failing" or "passing" the assessment is also a function of the stream you apply to. For example, the strengths you have might be perfect for, say, Wealth Management, but because you applied to Financial Markets which requires completely different strengths, you won't go through.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Kasich(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2016
JiggyFighter:

While you are largely right, I suspect it's a bit more complex. There are many questions in the test that have no clear right or wrong answer, even in terms of team work vs independence. The test is designed to reveal a combination of strengths on your end, and different streams require different strengths. So "failing" or "passing" the assessment is also a function of the stream you apply to. For example, the strengths you have might be perfect for, say, Wealth Management, but because you applied to Financial Markets which requires completely different strengths, you won't go through.

Anyways you've got really good points though, but from the little understudy I did, I found out that the SJT is generalistic and not necessarily focusing your answers on the areas you applied for. Because all trainees will undergo the same training schedule should they be taken and they are most likely to work under the same condition. This suffice to say that a right response is a right response irrespective of your chosen programme.

It's SJTs bro, not skill based test, besides they get to send you a mail that contains your superpowers, I applied for Financial markets yet two of my super powers tallied with someone who applied for retail, yet the two guys dat applied for retail didn't get any similar super powers, buy moved to the next stage
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
I did their video interview today, all questions ask was accordingly to all practice questions.
I hope they give feedback as soon as possible.....I'm anxious to commerce the internship.

Anyone in the thread that have also done their 2017 internship video interview?
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nevee: 12:07am On Oct 30, 2016
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nevee: 12:09am On Oct 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 26, 2016
Please what should I expect for the video interview? Thanks.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
missoreo:
You'll be asked 10 behavioural questions about you such as what motivates you, your last big mistake, what does working hard mean to you, e.t.c
Best of luck to everyone of us.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Kasich(m): 4:53am On Nov 27, 2016
lekan2rhyme:

You'll be asked 10 behavioural questions about you such as what motivates you, your last big mistake, what does working hard mean to you, e.t.c You can PM in case of any other assistance. or chat up on whatsapp on 07065796633. Best of luck to everyone of us.

Have you gotten any reply from them since you did your video interview

Did mine since early October I think n still haven't heard from them. Do u have any idea of when we'll get replies
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Kasich(m): 5:00am On Nov 27, 2016
missoreo:
Be ready for questions like these
A project you did in school that you are proud of
What does hard work mean to you.

How you feel when working with a large project.

How you would feel if someone ask for your help in carrying out a decision making process that is crucial.

Have you ever made a mistake that you regret.

How do you feel about helping other persons.

How you communicated to your managers to resolve a situation.

How u were able to work with people of diverse opinions.

If u were employed within your first month who would u like to have a relationship with and why.

Anything else u wanna share.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kasich:

Have you gotten any reply from them since you did your video interview

Did mine since early October I think n still haven't heard from them. Do u have any idea of when we'll get replies
I also did mine few days after the commencement of the recruitment in October but yet to hear from them.
Since the program will commence in 2017, I guess the interview invitation will be sent as from January as done in previous years recruitment. Perhaps, their recruitment usually take some months before been given offer letter.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by bzeey(m): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kasich:
Hmmmm..... Didn't see this one on time, would have loved to be of help to you guys, done the numeric, logical and the video interview, waiting for their response, though mine was graduate trainee, but I am certain they pick the question from the same pool, so if you need any assistance as regards any of the stages, u can quote me, I'll be willing to help

I prracticed the logical stage well with the practice link sent and I was getting above average as I tried it many times and even had to use other GMAT logical reasoning test. When I wrote the test I had 45%. Then, I was wondering what happened. I need help on how you were able to scale through this stage.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Kasich(m): 12:15am On Nov 28, 2016
bzeey:

I prracticed the logical stage well with the practice link sent and I was getting above average as I tried it many times and even had to use other GMAT logical reasoning test. When I wrote the test I had 45%. Then, I was wondering what happened. I need help on how you were able to scale through this stage.

Like I said initially practice till you no longer fail any question, you have like 2 or 3 days to take the test, so if you spend like 12 hours practicing both section you will get used to it, mind you I didn't say 12 hours straight o, I meant total practice time.

PS: you don't need to use GMAT to practice for this test, just focus on what you have in the practice questions, and lastly the score does not necessarily mean you got 45 over 100 o, what it means is that out of everyone that has taken the test within the time under review, your score falls within the 45th percentile, read the report they sent you for more clarification. Therefore 45th percentile is actually a good score still, you should get a video interview invite.

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by bzeey(m): 6:33am On Nov 28, 2016
Kasich:

Like I said initially practice till you no longer fail any question, you have like 2 or 3 days to take the test, so if you spend like 12 hours practicing both section you will get used to it, mind you I didn't say 12 hours straight o, I meant total practice time.

PS: you don't need to use GMAT to practice for this test, just focus on what you have in the practice questions, and lastly the score does not necessarily mean you got 45 over 100 o, what it means is that out of everyone that has taken the test within the time under review, your score falls within the 45th percentile, read the report they sent you for more clarification. Therefore 45th percentile is actually a good score still, you should get a video interview invite.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't get d video interview invite. I truly appreciate
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
lekan2rhyme:

I also did mine few days after the commencement of the recruitment in October but yet to hear from them.
Since the program will commence in 2017, I guess the interview invitation will be sent as from January as done in previous years recruitment. Perhaps, their recruitment usually take some months before been given offer letter.

Hi pls have u been called
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
Kasich:

Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by whytemon(m): 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
Kasich:

Hey can I have ur email address or number? I need help in one of the stages
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Kasich(m): 6:56am On Apr 02, 2017

No not yet bro... Even forgot about it sef
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Kasich(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2017
whytemon:

Hey can I have ur email address or number? I need help in one of the stages
How may I be of help
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Yosuregames: 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2017
Kasich:

No not yet bro... Even forgot about it sef
Hello bro. I couldn't help but see and notice how helpful and analytical you've been on this thread 'thumbs up'. I also have a test coming up and wouldn't mind getting tips from you on the way to go. Here is my email Olardothun @ gmail . com so you can send ur no or any contact sir. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by Kasich(m): 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
Yosuregames:

Hello bro. I couldn't help but see and notice how helpful and analytical you've been on this thread 'thumbs up'. I also have a test coming up and wouldn't mind getting tips from you on the way to go. Here is my email Olardothun @ gmail . com so you can send ur no or any contact sir. Thanks in anticipation.

Sorry for the late reply Bro, been very busy of recent, besides i barely check my mails these days, how may I be of help sir
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by BlackGoldBoy: 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
Kasich:
assistance needed, wat was the trick behind the logic test
Re: 2017 Standard Chartered Bank Internship by martobi: 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
Hey NL, past questions and answers for standard chartered bank aptitude test...
https://www.teststreams.com/studypack/standard-chartered-bank-aptitude-test-past-questions/

(1) (Reply)

Will You Accept This Nanny Job For £100K (n46m) A Year? / Online Testers Needed. / First Bank of Nigeria (FBN) OND/HND/Bsc (any field) Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.