Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? (58417 Views)

Coronavirus: Men Develop A New And Safer Way Of Greeting / 7 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Ladies Lose Shape After Marriage / 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ianSweet(f): 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
Yes, many Nigerian women develop a pot belly stomach too as soon as they start getting pregnant and giving birth. A good reason for that.

What i don't really understand is why you find many Nigerian men with protruding stomachs, the most annoying part is seeing young men who are just in their thirties and some not even yet married with such protruding bellies. Do you guys get pregnant and deliver babies too? I mean how hard is it to go to the gym regularly and ensure you keep fit?
Some stark lazy ones, once they just get married, they start ordering their wives to pound yam for them every night, eating and boozing carelessly without control.

I am not excusing our women on this too, all am saying is that women have good reasons why they loose their shape after marriage, but men have no goddamn excuse.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
Beer

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Cutehector(m): 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
Papikush please beer is and will never be the sole reason why some men grow pot bellies!!!!

You have improper diet

You have abuse of alcohol

You have less exercise

Some might be due to tumor growth

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by gentlegenius(m): 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
1. Lack of exercise
2. Too much consumption of beer(Gulder).
3. Consuming too much food(carbohydrates).
4. Sedentary life style.

124 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by genieluv(f): 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
LoL, grin Op abeg take it easy on these our lazy ass men o.

But seriously this thing is really annoying. I think we the ladies might share some blame in this because we do not encourage or chastise them on these things. We act like it doesn't matter and before you know it, your hubby has developed a 'pregnancy', a baby he will never deliver.
Imagine u a pregnant wife hugging your own pregnant husband, grin The hands will not be able to reach each other due to the 'double pregancies obstacles'. grin

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ianSweet(f): 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
Cutehector:
Papikush please beer is and will never be the sole reason why some men grow pot bellies!!!!
You have improper diet
You have less exercise

@ last reason, TUMOR GROWTH? Thats hillarious.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
Cutehector:

You have improper diet

You have less exercise

Beer. 90%

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Cutehector(m): 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

@ last reason, TUMOR GROWTH? Thats hillarious.
ehen na. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by havennie(f): 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
Thank u for this thread Op.
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ILoveToFuCcK: 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
They develop pot belly because they no dey fυck well angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by soberdrunk(m): 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
On behalf of all my APBL(association of pot belly lords) brothers and as the president of APBL(unmarried chapter) i will like to inform you that "pot belly" is not a 'condition' or an ailment but a "choice", we cannot all have the bodies like bricklayers or bouncers, some of us are made to be chubby and we like it like that. Variety is the spice of life and "body shaming" is a crime against humanity!! angry angry

284 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ianSweet(f): 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
genieluv:

But seriously this thing is really annoying. I think we the ladies might share some blame in this because we do not encourage or chastise them on these things. We act like it doesn't matter and before you know it, your hubby has developed a 'pregnancy', a baby he will never deliver.
Imagine u a pregnant wife hugging your own pregnant husband, grin The hands will not be able to reach each other due to the pregancy obstacle. grin

What do u mean by we ladies are the cause? I don't accept that. People should be responsible for their individual health

26 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by rawpadgin(m): 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
some lazy fools will say ' who six pack epp'

team6pack

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ianSweet(f): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.

LoL, me too o. I can't imagine getting married to a man with a pot belly. Jeez, i can't withstand it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Cutehector(m): 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
genieluv:

Imagine u a pregnant wife hugging your own pregnant husband, grin The hands will not be able to reach each other due to the pregancy obstacle. grin
lol a girl once turned me down because of my pot belly.. she said, I can't date guys who are pregnant.

One month later, my stomach is as flat as anythn..

Point is, hitting the nail on d head abt someone's predicament will make dem change sharply..

I don't hide my feelings when I notice a girl is fat, will tell it to her wholeheartedly, babe, u Don fat ooo..

42 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nateben(m): 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nna, see quession........... undecided

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by genieluv(f): 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

What do u mean by we ladies are the cause? I don't accept that. People should be responsible for their individual health

See what i mean. U made mention of married men ordering their wives to pound yam for them to eat at night ba?
Which kind of woman will be serving her husband swallow food at night before bed? Pounded yam for that matter. Only an illiterate or ignorant wife who has no sense of proper nutrition and diet will do such.
For me i think improper meals lead to pot belly stomachs more than beer or lack of going 2d gym (i may be wrong though)

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Cutehector(m): 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:
it's not possible for the human body to remain constant from birth to death.. just as I was slim before, at some point I became fat, also I had a potruding stomach, one year later I now have a flat stomach and i'm slim.

So even if u get married to a slim dude, chances are that he will still develop a potruding stomach if any of the conditions triggering it are set in.

I'd use Desmond Elliot as a live example. wink cool

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by genieluv(f): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
The mods should help us push this topic to frontpage cos this is a serious issue affecting many. lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by robosky02(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
life is beautiful

16 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by NoMoreTrolling: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
i say chop, i chop

why u to dey like to chop alone yo

i say chop, i chop

embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by havennie(f): 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
soberdrunk:
On behalf of all my APBL(association of pot belly lords) brothers and as the president of APBL(unmarried chapter) i will like to inform you that "pot belly" is not a 'condition' or an ailment but a "choice", we cannot all have the bodies like bricklayers or bouncers, some of us are made to be chubby and we like it like that. Variety is the spice of life and "body shaming" is a crime against humanity!! angry angry

From your moniker, we can tell one of the reasons for your pot belly. Stop drinking too much, get ur lazy ass up and hit the gym. Health is wealth.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by havennie(f): 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Cutehector:
it's not possible for the human body to remain constant from birth to death.. just as I was slim before, at some point I became fat, also I had a potruding stomach, one year later I now have a flat stomach and i'm slim.

So even if u get married to a slim dude, chances are that he will still develop a potruding stomach if any of the conditions triggering it are set in.

I'd use Desmond Elliot as a live example. wink cool

U have a point, but hey i am not blind. A pot belly cannot just develop overnight, can it?
I don't think any man can stay close to me if he doesn't work out or maintain a good diet regularly. The kind of heat he will face from me ehn, he won't be able to take it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by luminouz(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:
Really? U sure say Ur lips no dey bleed with d gravity of these Ur lies!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Cutehector(m): 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:

U have a point, but hey i am not blind. A pot belly cannot just develop overnight, can it?
I don't think any man can stay close to me if he doesn't work out or maintain a good diet regularly. The kind of heat he will face from me ehn, he won't be able to take it.
cool so as long as u don't get fat should u get married. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by luminouz(m): 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:

Picture of a super fit U or ahdonbilivit!

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by luminouz(m): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
Cutehector:
lol a girl once turned me down because of my pot belly.. she said, I can't date guys who are pregnant.

One month later, my stomach is as flat as anythn..

Point is, hitting the nail on d head abt someone's predicament will make dem change sharply..

I don't hide my feelings when I notice a girl is fat, will tell it to her wholeheartedly, babe, u Don fat ooo..
Pot belly to flat in a month? Pishure or ahdonbilivit!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
I hope you the poster do not have a "drum" belly. The reason a person will have a pot belly is simple, calorie intake more than calorie expenditure. No exercising and poor eating habits. For correction, there is no excuse for a lady to have a "drum belly", forget about those pregnancy ish, most ladies are gluttons. They can eat for their generations, men inclusive. Alcohol is also one a major culprit here.

16 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by luminouz(m): 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

LoL, me too o. I can't imagine getting married to a man with a pot belly. Jeez, i can't withstand it.
Really? Shuu! So a super rich dude will be turned down for a super fit dude? U can lie o! Are u related to Lai Mohammed?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by uboma(m): 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
maintaining a sedentary lifestyle,
eating junk foods.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
That's carelessness & laziness on the men's part, because as a man when your stomach starts protruding you ought to know that your body is getting outta shape but, instead of hitting the gym nor exercise regularly we men will resort to hit more bottles of beer & plates of isi ewu or ugba at beer palour. As a man, I can't tell my wife to look like Beyonce nor Genevieve for me while I look like her father nor carry 6months undeliverable pregnancy about. it's uncalled for. As a matter of fact, I don't joke with exercise at all, whenever I wake up in the morning before going to work I do my 100 press-ups(count down), 50 push-ups & 50 sit-ups and whenever I look at the mirror I love who I see there.

I promised myself that I can't watch beer impregnate me or other wise.

28 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by soberdrunk(m): 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:

From your moniker, we can tell one of the reasons for your pot belly. Stop drinking too much, get ur lazy ass up and hit the gym. Health is wealth.

There is nothing any brother with six packs can do that i cannot do better", i once had a swimming competition with my "six packs guys" and i won with my potbelly and since then they nicknamed me "human submarine", so you see sweetheart, the fact that a guy looks like "robocop' doesnt make him healthier than the chubby guy angry angry

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Launching Of Obijackson Children Hospital In Anambra, Nigeria (Photos) / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown / Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.