Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,514 members, 7,770,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:57 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? (58420 Views)

Coronavirus: Men Develop A New And Safer Way Of Greeting / 7 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Ladies Lose Shape After Marriage / 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ianSweet(f): 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
genieluv:

See what i mean. U made mention of married men ordering their wives to pound yam for them to eat at night ba?
Which kind of woman will be serving her husband swallow food at night before bed? Pounded yam for that matter. Only an illiterate or ignorant wife who has no sense of proper nutrition and diet will do such.
For me i think improper meals lead to pot belly stomachs more than beer or lack of going 2d gym (i may be wrong though)

And what if the lazy man insists that he must eat pounded yam or swallow every night? You know how some men can take littlr issues like this to the extreme.
You cannot force someone to stay fit my sister.
I also think i will disagree with u, i believe that no matter the drink you take or improper diet, if you work out extremely hard, it can supplement for all these.
There is no way a man that hits the gym regularly can develop a pot belly even though he drinks a lot or does not have a proper diet.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ianSweet(f): 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
luminouz:

Really? Shuu! So a super rich dude will be turned down for a super fit dude? U can lie o! Are u related to Lai Mohammed?

Plzzzz, not all of us are gold diggers. Not all ladies believe in a man's wealth. What happened to my own brain and hands?
I cannot marry a rich man with a pot belly. Are there no rich men who are physically fit? Why should i settle for less when i myself go on so much dieting to stay fit?
Physically fit men will also perform their 'manly duty' (u know what i mean) better. So why marry a rich man who cannot satisfy u?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by rawpadgin(m): 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:

From your moniker, we can tell one of the reasons for your pot belly. Stop drinking too much, get ur lazy ass up and hit the gym. Health is wealth.
drinking beer is not always the cause of protruded belle

there is hardly a day i don't take 2-3 bottles of Goldberg

but my packs are still very much intact

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by havennie(f): 8:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
That's carelessness & laziness on the men's part, because as a man when your stomach starts protruding you ought to know that your body is getting outta shape but, instead of hitting the gym nor exercise regularly they we will resort to hit more bottles of beer & plates of isi ewu or ugba at beer palour. As a man, I can't tell my wife to look like Beyonce nor Genevieve for me while I look like her father nor carry 6months undeliverable pregnancy about. it's uncalled for. As a matter of fact, I don't joke with exercise at all, whenever I wake up in the morning I do my 100 press-ups(count down), 50 push-ups & 50 sit-ups and whenever I look at the mirror I love who I see there.

I promised myself that I can't watch beer impregnate me or other wise.

Oh my, this is nice. Nothing but the absolute truth. We need more men like you. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by luminouz(m): 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

Plzzzz, not all of us are gold diggers. Not all ladies believe in a man's wealth. What happened to my own brain and hands?
I cannot marry a rich man with a pot belly. Are there no rich men who are physically fit? Why should i settle for less when i myself go on so much dieting to stay fit?
Physically fit men will also perform their 'manly duty' (u know what i mean) better. So why marry a rich man who cannot satisfy u?
Loollllz! OK....since Ur not a gold digger n am physically fit for my manly duty( u do know what I mean babe)...PM me! grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ianSweet(f): 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
That's carelessness & laziness on the men's part, because as a man when your stomach starts protruding you ought to know that your body is getting outta shape but, instead of hitting the gym nor exercise regularly they we will resort to hit more bottles of beer & plates of isi ewu or ugba at beer palour. As a man, I can't tell my wife to look like Beyonce nor Genevieve for me while I look like her father nor carry 6months undeliverable pregnancy about. it's uncalled for. As a matter of fact, I don't joke with exercise at all, whenever I wake up in the morning I do my 100 press-ups(count down), 50 push-ups & 50 sit-ups and whenever I look at the mirror I love who I see there.

I promised myself that I can't watch beer impregnate me or other wise.

100 press ups? shocked dats cool. U must be superfit. I wish i could do so much. Am really tripping. kiss
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

100 press ups? shocked dats cool. U must be superfit. I wish i could do so much. Am really tripping. kiss
lols....i don't like hyping myself but, the truth is that it has been part of me for long now & I'm really enjoying the benefits. I minimized my press-ups to 100 recently because whenever I go to market to get some shirts, bae u go see fine sexy shirt but whenever I test it d thing go come jump, e no go reach my wrist & to button up na wahala. And if you price giant size shirt your pocket go tell you. Believe me dear, if you make exercise a habit, you will enjoy it.

Before, I count down my press-ups from 45-40-35-30-25-20-15. E no easy oh I dey tell u cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:

Oh my, this is nice. Nothing but the absolute truth. We need more men like you. wink
Bae, u making my head spin I swear. *palms face, shying*

Exercise Is Sweet

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by potbelly(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
preach brother preach!! cool
soberdrunk:

There is nothing any brother with six packs can do that i cannot do better", i once had a swimming competition with my "six packs guys" and i won with my potbelly and since then they nicknamed me "human submarine", so you see sweetheart, the fact that a guy looks like "robocop' doesnt make me healthier than the chubby guy angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by biadaba: 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
Papikush:
Beer

Uve said it all
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Phi001(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:
Thank u for this thread Op.
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.
I don't have pot belly, can I come?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Phi001(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
lols....i don't like hyping myself but, the truth is that it has been part of me for long now & I'm really enjoying the benefits. I minimized my press-ups to 100 recently because whenever I go to market to get some shirts, bae u go see fine sexy shirt but whenever I test it d thing go come jump, e no go reach my wrist & to button up na wahala. And if you price giant size shirt your pocket go tell you. Believe me dear, if you make exercise a habit, you will enjoy it.

Before, I count down my press-ups from 45-40-35-30-25-20-15. E no easy oh I dey tell u cool
Pele
How do you reach 100? I struggle to get to 50
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Hdz4luv: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
Papikush:
Beer
I concur
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by kokomilala(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
The reason isn't farfetched.They switch off! They veer off from working out, and those who never ever worked out, they very quickly lose their muscles, including muscles in the midsection.Once one loses one's muscles, the stage is set for the reign of fat.What follows is a republic of potbellied men.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ladej(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
LACK OF DISCIPLINE

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by buffalowings: 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Be careful what you wish for

Hunger can make u develop six pack

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Chiderad(m): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
One of the major causes of protruding belly is INFLATION.[b][/b]
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by FrankLampard: 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:
Thank u for this thread Op.
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.

Super Story
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by martineinstein(m): 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
its laziness...czech republic consume more beer than any country in da world,yet they dont have pot belly like ours.

Nigerian men and women are too lazy at excercising.they tend to escape the easiest form of excercise,trekking,by boarding 'okada' dat will drop dem at their doorsteps.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by femi4: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pot belly and proud!

if its hereditary.....you can't stop it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by joystickextend1(m): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
To much beer I guess
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by savictory2(m): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
U too much!!! grin grin sad
genieluv:
LoL, grin Op abeg take it easy on these our lazy ass men o.

But seriously this thing is really annoying. I think we the ladies might share some blame in this because we do not encourage or chastise them on these things. We act like it doesn't matter and before you know it, your hubby has developed a 'pregnancy', a baby he will never deliver.
Imagine u a pregnant wife hugging your own pregnant husband, grin The hands will not be able to reach each other due to the 'double pregancies obstacles'. grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
Another topic which has graced frontpage more than six times since my three year stay. I think my welcome on this forum wore out a long time ago.
Men gain weight easily from age 29 upwards. It's a natural phenomenon. Add to it most of the modern world encourages the least amount of work from human beings and walking or sports of any sort is discouraged after a certain age. I'm yet to see a 40 year old man whose schedule allows him the time to play soccer with friends every saturday morning. I'm also yet to see where he can get friends his age to play soccer with.
People can't stay in shape all through their lives. Those who manage to still gain significant weight sometime in their older years.
An amount of people exist who manage to stay slim all their lives but they are exceptions and never the norm.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Exponental(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
Man shall not live by bread (food) alone but by .......
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Geeweeny(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
i am just goin tru dx topic and i am really laughin hard,first of all gyming is not by force,secondly coz u dnt like pot belle guys dsnt mean someone else wnt like them,so stop trying to force what u like on other ppl,thirdly i am laughin so hard on all the single gals that are claimin dy cant marry a pot belle man,no be naija we dy?.....the truth z dt sic packs will dspear one day and muscle ask arnold....health is wealth,so try to burn off that fat in d belle,bt if e no gree u do,no kill urslf buy starving and end up having ulcer a an ailment associated to starvation,i don talk my own fnsh

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=ianSweet post=50341840]Yes, many Nigerian women develop a pot belly stomach too as soon as they start getting pregnant and giving birth. A good reason for that.

What i don't really understand is why you find many Nigerian men with protruding stomachs, the most annoying part is seeing young men who are just in their thirties and some not even yet married with such protruding bellies. Do you guys get pregnant and deliver babies too? I mean how hard is it to go to the gym regularly and ensure you keep fit?
Some stark lazy ones, once they just get married, they start ordering their wives to pound yam for them every night, eating and boozing carelessly without control.

I am not excusing our women on this too, all am saying is that women have good reasons why they loose their shape after marriage, but men have no goddamn excuse.[/quote]

When madam makes an awesome killing meal that makes a grown man close early and cancel late meetings and you ask why men develop pot belly, it's the wive's fault for being too awesome, if they were bad cooks am sure the guy's stomach would be as flat as my chances of hitting it with Nicki Minaj

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Eibams60(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
op shey no b blood dey men body na. yeye talk
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Eibams60(m): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
gentlegenius:
1. Lack of exercise
2. Too much consumption of beer(Gulder).
3. Consuming too much food(carbohydrates).
4. Sedentary life style.
my pastor no dey drink bt em belle pass your papa own if u no no
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Some of you need to go to the US and see really fat people.

That being said Naija guus and pot belly

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by tosyne2much(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
OP, I've got pot belly yet ladies are disturbing me for relationship... Nobody should quote me cool
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by awakeuche(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
I thought you women loved big bellied men like your lives depended on it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by lifestyle1(m): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
It's still better for a man to have a pot belly than ladies having grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Launching Of Obijackson Children Hospital In Anambra, Nigeria (Photos) / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown / Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.