Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,382 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? (58423 Views)

Coronavirus: Men Develop A New And Safer Way Of Greeting / 7 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Ladies Lose Shape After Marriage / 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by tiswell(m): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:
Thank u for this thread Op.
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.
Sister,as i dey see you so,you go tey for house:p
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by enshi(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
Instead of mineral take friuts

Instead of fries take busicuits

Instead of sex do romance

Instead of more wines take water

Instead of cigarette take vitamine C

Instead of eba take flakes

Instead of beer take spirit

Instead of ignoring just try

Check my dp and give me that like

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ezechueze(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
OK
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by seguno2: 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
Because we all, men & women, are too focused on food, feast and Bleep.
We are less concerned about reflective relaxation and knowledge-enhancing excursions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by bettercreature(m): 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
gentlegenius:
1. Lack of exercise
2. Too much consumption of beer(Gulder).
3. Consuming too much food(carbohydrates).
4. Sedentary life style.
Eating heavy foods before bed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ladyF(f): 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
Don't mind them o... And they are the ones that will be looking for ladies with flat tummy.

Abeg Lady.F is still Team6Packs!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Inijesus(m): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
luminouz:

Really? U sure say Ur lips no dey bleed with d gravity of these Ur lies!
grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:
Yes, many Nigerian women develop a pot belly stomach too as soon as they start getting pregnant and giving birth. A good reason for that.

What i don't really understand is why you find many Nigerian men with protruding stomachs, the most annoying part is seeing young men who are just in their thirties and some not even yet married with such protruding bellies. Do you guys get pregnant and deliver babies too? I mean how hard is it to go to the gym regularly and ensure you keep fit?
Some stark lazy ones, once they just get married, they start ordering their wives to pound yam for them every night, eating and boozing carelessly without control.

I am not excusing our women on this too, all am saying is that women have good reasons why they loose their shape after marriage, but men have no goddamn excuse.
pls... giving birth is no excuse for a woman to have pot belly.... there is no excuse for anyone to grow a pottie... after all, Kaffy don born two, Tiwa don born one and we have seen alot of Nigerian women with a bunch of kids looking 16 n curvy...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Princy13: 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
Bad feeding system and alcoholism are famous reasons for large bowels.

Most poor people abuse alcohol intake.Some takes these without eating most times so the alcohol gets to attack them adversely leading to large bellies in the longrun

Also,long-term health issues can cause an individual a potruding belly
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Respect55(m): 10:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
Op, must you sound disrespectful to drive home ur point? I need not ask u if u r a feminist because ur write-up has cleared the air abt dat. It's obvious u have all the time on ur hand to start monitoring us like a monitoring spirit. But aldsame, ur point too are of less value. We men can't start wondering why some teenage girls grow big boobs at early age while others have to wait longer. Continue with ur self-assigned project and be hating on us for no just cause.

Na so ur type go sidon for dia mama haus until menopause starts calling because of mere childish attitude and judgement. Engage urslf little girl, but if u can't, get into THE OTHER ROOM.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:
Thank i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.
LIES grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Gkemz: 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
The reason is not far from Gulder and less body exercise as a result of worries and family pressure.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
I hope you the poster do not have a "drum" belly. The reason a person will have a pot belly is simple, calorie intake more than calorie expenditure. No exercising and poor eating habits. For correction, there is no excuse for a lady to have a "drum belly", forget about those pregnancy ish, most ladies are gluttons. They can eat for their generations, men inclusive. Alcohol is also one a major culprit here.
cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Josephamstrong1(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.

Oya, I dey ya way now... no potbelly.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:

Omo, take am easy, u no fit encourage am to get six packs?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Hades2016(m): 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
some will say its money, some will say its beer , some will say coz they just got married newly, some will say its happiness .. But i call it laziness, naija men of now adays are so lazy they don't hit the Gym at all all they know is to drink beer, chop food like nama and go to the other room angry sad

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by emeraldo56(m): 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
I have potbelly does not mean am not fit and healthy #Tkd

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Fact007(m): 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
My table don dey empty give am another round....cold chilling beer
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by agabaI23(m): 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:
Yes, many Nigerian women develop a pot belly stomach too as soon as they start getting pregnant and giving birth. A good reason for that.

What i don't really understand is why you find many Nigerian men with protruding stomachs, the most annoying part is seeing young men who are just in their thirties and some not even yet married with such protruding bellies. Do you guys get pregnant and deliver babies too? I mean how hard is it to go to the gym regularly and ensure you keep fit?
Some stark lazy ones, once they just get married, they start ordering their wives to pound yam for them every night, eating and boozing carelessly without control.

I am not excusing our women on this too, all am saying is that women have good reasons why they loose their shape after marriage, but men have no goddamn excuse.
Women do not have any good reason. Any woman who wants to be in shape will be shape. Any girl that exercises with healthy diet will regain her shape very fast after child birth. A dighi amu aka ekpe na nka.

No reason hun...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by adebayosun02: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
Its called " IFOKANBALE "

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by agabaI23(m): 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
emeraldo56:
I have potbelly does not mean am not fit and healthy #Tkd
You're not sure...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
ianSweet:

Why do young girls have so much stretch marks and cellulites?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by canalily(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
genieluv:
LoL, grin Op abeg take it easy on these our lazy ass men o.

But seriously this thing is really annoying. I think we the ladies might share some blame in this because we do not encourage or chastise them on these things. We act like it doesn't matter and before you know it, your hubby has developed a 'pregnancy', a baby he will never deliver.
Imagine u a pregnant wife hugging your own pregnant husband, grin The hands will not be able to reach each other due to the 'double pregancies obstacles'. grin
yet you people run after them like fly, whyundecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
i swear eh, mah own don dey make me sad already cry
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Dinobi77: 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
What we eat n drink contribute a to mrn having big belly, eating late at night is another contributing factor. Ad at June this yr, i had a big belly,waist at 38+, growing breast too. I had to stop the food i v been used to, rice , yam, processed, fried n junk food, no other drink except water, no whhite bread. Eating more of fruit, beans, wheat bread, vegies, water. excercise but not much, but i walk a lot, 5-6 km a day. Frm june to sept, the fat had gone, flat tummy, waist of 34+. Its amazing how i feel now, fit n agile.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by lordkhalifa(m): 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
below are the answers to your question

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Samadshe(m): 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
Is because one d Fuji Musicians Said Any body dat as tomy sud b given money
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Martinola(m): 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
genieluv:
LoL, grin Op abeg take it easy on these our lazy ass men o.

But seriously this thing is really annoying. I think we the ladies might share some blame in this because we do not encourage or chastise them on these things. We act like it doesn't matter and before you know it, your hubby has developed a 'pregnancy', a baby he will never deliver.
Imagine u a pregnant wife hugging your own pregnant husband, grin The hands will not be able to reach each other due to the 'double pregancies obstacles'. grin
and hw many of u folks care, ..as long as he brings home d moni
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by lordkhalifa(m): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
beer and junk foods at times genetic

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Sanchase: 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
Rochas Okorocha spotted somwia in Turkey with foreign Investors grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by pxjosh(m): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
tosyne2much:
OP, I've got pot belly yet ladies are disturbing me for relationship... Nobody should quote me cool
Please how do I quote somebody on Nairaland?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Josephamstrong1(m): 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
havennie:

U have a point, but hey i am not blind. A pot belly cannot just develop overnight, can it?
I don't think any man can stay close to me if he doesn't work out or maintain a good diet regularly. The kind of heat he will face from me ehn, he won't be able to take it.
As a certified physical and health instructor...eeh, Thr r more to wat u juz seeing.
it's all abt laziness. most guys r lazy, forget packaging. Sm wl feed u up wt sm flimsy xcuzes, like no time, hu 6packs and xcerciz epp and all dat. buh I tell u wat, its nt a choice buh responsibility.
Health wise.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Launching Of Obijackson Children Hospital In Anambra, Nigeria (Photos) / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown / Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.