Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:50 PM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? (58469 Views)

Coronavirus: Men Develop A New And Safer Way Of Greeting / 7 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Ladies Lose Shape After Marriage / 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:

As much as i wanna get back at u, i want to admit that this comment of yours is hillarious. grin
What if i tell u that i am engaged to a handsome six-packs and financially stable guy? Likes attract themselves. I am not a lazy gluttonic pot belly lady, so i couldn't have settled for less. So Bleep off my mentions and get your lazy pot belly ass to the gym.

Ok. Let him marry you na. Lies fom pit of hell. Handsome six packs ko
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:

From your moniker, we can tell one of the reasons for your pot belly. Stop drinking too much, get ur lazy ass up and hit the gym. Health is wealth.

And women shouldn't exercise? You lazy girls need to do something about these horrible stretch marks aand cellulites that is common with naija babes.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 20, 2016
diva90:
Too much beer, bad diet, lack of exercise

Do you exercise? I mean running for more than 25 mins or some HIIT training. It's so difficult to see a naija babe working out.

They come to the gym to pass time or to check out the guys. You girls need the gym more than the guys. Almost all the girls are out of shape or with oversized buttocks, loose laps and love handles. Abeg, make una see una mates for south Africa,kenya or even Ghana.

You lots want the best but you aren't even manageable.

I was in a pool recently and I noticed that all the girls with stretch marks and cellulites were Nigerians. Haba.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 3:00am On Oct 20, 2016
ianSweet:

Plzzzz, not all of us are gold diggers. Not all ladies believe in a man's wealth. What happened to my own brain and hands?
I cannot marry a rich man with a pot belly. Are there no rich men who are physically fit? Why should i settle for less when i myself go on so much dieting to stay fit?
Physically fit men will also perform their 'manly duty' (u know what i mean) better. So why marry a rich man who cannot satisfy u?

Surprisingly,its so hard to see a fit naija girl. I mean a girl who works out to have firm body with no stretch marks , cellulites etc.

You girls should check yourselves out first and thank us for ever dating you.

In my 7 years of visiting the gym, I have not seen a fit naija girl . Abi fitness Na for men only. I'm surprised a naija girl will ever open a thread about fitness.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by africanusvu(m): 3:09am On Oct 20, 2016
OP.ar u d one in d photo? ok its lalastica
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by aimworldsalome(f): 3:36am On Oct 20, 2016

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 3:40am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:
Thank u for this thread Op.
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.

foolish gal...even if he is ur God ordained hubby?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by diva90: 3:44am On Oct 20, 2016
Avalon316:

Do you exercise? I mean running for more than 25 mins or some HIIT training. It's so difficult to see a naija babe working out.

They come to the gym to pass time or to check out the guys. You girls need the gym more than the guys. Almost all the girls are out of shape or with oversized buttocks, loose laps and love handles. Abeg, make una see una mates for south Africa,kenya or even Ghana.

You lots want the best but you aren't even manageable.

I was in a pool recently and I noticed that all the girls with stretch marks and cellulites were Nigerians. Haba.

The question clearly asks " why do most Nigerian MEN develop a pot belly"
Major key word : MEN!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.
u ain't dating pot belly u are dating the guy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:11am On Oct 20, 2016
Phi001:

Pele
How do you reach 100? I struggle to get to 50
it depends on how I wanna count it, at times I do it 40-30-30 or 35-35-30(count down) My aim is to peg it 100

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by iWise(m): 4:17am On Oct 20, 2016
ianSweet:
Yes, many Nigerian women develop a pot belly stomach too as soon as they start getting pregnant and giving birth. A good reason for that.

"In Donald's voice" Wrong! A majority of Nigerian women have pot bellies before getting married.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Ambber(f): 4:19am On Oct 20, 2016
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by vincent64(m): 4:30am On Oct 20, 2016
UNLOCK YOUR ICLOUD AND CARRIER LOCK AT ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD JUST WITH YOUR PHONE IMEI. AT AFFORDABLE PRICE. WHATSAPP NOW @08169476382
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by mecussey(m): 4:37am On Oct 20, 2016
Papikush:
Beer

Yea...beer plus heavy breakfast plus constant driving and late supper. Nigerian food is contributing to this and the fact you have to goto work every morning and come back late night. Solution, drop the car and trek anywhere trekable, but make them no sack u for work for coming late. Recession no dey smile
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by wolexy2020(m): 4:48am On Oct 20, 2016
Everyone has a freewill in expressing how they feel. The major contributing factor is malnutrition right from childhood. Majority of parents feed their kids with too much carbohydrates when they were little... Garri , rice , Eba with absence of macro nutrients. Lifestyle , illiteracy, poverty are all contributing factors to this predicament. Even the time we eat.A large percentage of Americans are obese with potbelly and you won't be surprise to see XXL underwear for men labeled as L. In your observation, you forgot to consider that people has different lifestyles. For example a man from a poor gets a job in Ikeja, but lives in Ogun state. Sleeps late and for fewer hours too, eats late and no time for proper digestion. He rarely sees his parents talk more of having time for the gym. He will develop pot belly in rapid time. So you see, this is the world we all agree to live in ....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Iamwrath: 4:59am On Oct 20, 2016
Lalasticlalai:

Sometimes it's nature

I agree

Seun what do you think?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by sonnie10: 5:06am On Oct 20, 2016
Depression
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by femi4: 5:07am On Oct 20, 2016
ianSweet:

Well u are wrong. It's not possible for pot belly to be hereditary. No scientific or medical reason or condition like that.
says who?

Pot bellies have, for generations, been associated with excessive intake of beer and other alcoholic drinks. However, experts have shed light on this, saying that pot belly is a hereditary problem which, when given the right environment, manifests in a man.

Studies have shown that a pot belly surfaces due to four reasons — genetics, food, stress and hormones.

http://nuturecure..co.ke/2009/08/pot-belly-more-hereditary-than.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by femi4: 5:08am On Oct 20, 2016
Lalasticlalai:

Sometimes it's nature
Thank you...its hereditary
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ogawisdom(m): 5:44am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:

Forget dt, it depends on hw rich d man is oooo, u might find d pot belly sexy self if na dangote lol
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by patola080(m): 5:47am On Oct 20, 2016
ianSweet:
Yes, many Nigerian women develop a pot belly stomach too as soon as they start getting pregnant and giving birth. A good reason for that.

What i don't really understand is why you find many Nigerian men with protruding stomachs, the most annoying part is seeing young men who are just in their thirties and some not even yet married with such protruding bellies. Do you guys get pregnant and deliver babies too? I mean how hard is it to go to the gym regularly and ensure you keep fit?
Some stark lazy ones, once they just get married, they start ordering their wives to pound yam for them every night, eating and boozing carelessly without control.

I am not excusing our women on this too, all am saying is that women have good reasons why they loose their shape after marriage, but men have no goddamn excuse.
wot of u gals too
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by patola080(m): 5:48am On Oct 20, 2016
ogawisdom:

Forget dt, it depends on hw rich d man is oooo, u might find d pot belly sexy self if na dangote lol
some gals and lies hmmmmm
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Crixie(m): 5:48am On Oct 20, 2016
ianSweet:

Well u are wrong. It's not possible for pot belly to be hereditary. No scientific or medical reason or condition like that.
Actually some medical conditions can give someone 'pot belly'. For example, some people with sickle cell anaemia with have naturally protruding abdomen
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by deebrain(m): 5:49am On Oct 20, 2016
rawpadgin:
some lazy fools will say ' who six pack epp'

team6pack

Seconded
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 20, 2016
Avalon316:

Surprisingly,its so hard to see a fit naija girl. I mean a girl who works out to have firm body with no stretch marks , cellulites etc.

You girls should check yourselves out first and thank us for ever dating you.

In my 7 years of visiting the gym, I have not seen a fit naija girl . Abi fitness Na for men only. I'm surprised a naija girl will ever open a thread about fitness.

Oh plssssssss just hit the gym and stop being lazy!

You can find a fit girl without stretchmarks as well as you can find a fit girl WITH stretchmarks. Stretchmarks occur when the skin stretches! This happens when you lose weight or gain weight suddenly. Most girls develop it during puberty around their breast, ass and thighs because their skin stretches and MEN can also get it. Stretchmarks isn't an attribute for women only but for MEN and WOMEN, so stop shouting women and Stretchmarks blablabla, like seriously
Men can develop stretchmarks too. This has nothing to being fit undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:55am On Oct 20, 2016
embarassedSuffer make my own flat like lizard belle
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:00am On Oct 20, 2016
lovelygurl:

Oh plssssssss just hit the gym and stop being lazy!

You can find a fit girl without stretchmarks as well as you can find a fit girl WITH stretchmarks. Stretchmarks occur when the skin stretches! This happens when you lose weight or gain weight suddenly. Most girls develop it during puberty around their breast, ass and thighs because their skin stretches and MEN can also get it. Stretchmarks isn't an attribute for women only but for MEN and WOMEN, so stop shouting women and Stretchmarks blablabla, like seriously
Men can develop stretchmarks too. This has nothing to being fit undecided
but still then women have d worst stretch marks; like a young lady I revealed her boobs.. omg. D stretches killed my ginger and she tot I'm weak
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by mrkel(m): 6:01am On Oct 20, 2016
Billyonaire:
I will try it tomorrow, as hard as I can. I need this waistline to normalize oh. I no wan old before my time.

Have you tried doing Planking? Is very efficacious if you are desirous of burning ballooning stomach.

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 20, 2016
soberdrunk:

There is nothing any brother with six packs can do that i cannot do better", i once had a swimming competition with my "six packs guys" and i won with my potbelly and since then they nicknamed me "human submarine", so you see sweetheart, the fact that a guy looks like "robocop' doesnt make me healthier than the chubby guy angry angry

Don't let your swimming capabilities confuse you. Whales are covered in fat yet they swim very fast.

I can assure you it'd be a different story when you try jogging/running. I don't mean your normal threadmill exercise.

If you want to test yourself, try running round a standard stadium track 6 times. Try achieving that within 11 mins. That will expose your lack of core strength and stamina. A guy with flat tummy or six packs and without potbelly will fare better any day,that includes those hungry looking types.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Junior66(m): 6:18am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:

U have a point, but hey i am not blind. A pot belly cannot just develop overnight, can it?
I don't think any man can stay close to me if he doesn't work out or maintain a good diet regularly. The kind of heat he will face from me ehn, he won't be able to take it.
Developed one within 4 months. And i dnt drink!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 20, 2016
Shout out to all d big belly brothers. All d fly fat niggas. Na broke girls dey find six pack. Ur seniors in Abuja(d real classy girls) dnt care if those senators av a drum in der tummy. They just want to ball

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Hand Sanitizers Are Made In Lagos Market, Ojota - Video / Girl Spotted With Symptoms Of Monkeypox In Kaduna (Photos) / Meron Benti: This 'White Woman' Is Actually An Ethiopian Albino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.