Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:05 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? (58418 Views)

Coronavirus: Men Develop A New And Safer Way Of Greeting / 7 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Ladies Lose Shape After Marriage / 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 20, 2016
diva90:

The question clearly asks " why do most Nigerian MEN develop a pot belly"
Major key word : MEN!!!

Btw, what did you do to shymmex the other day? The guy pummeled so tey I come dey feel sorry for you.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by jidxin(m): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2016
Cutehector:
who knows me?
lmaooo d albino ben wit d small tin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by toprealman: 9:41am On Oct 20, 2016
That must be your bae's belly.....poor lad!
The size of your belly determines the size of your portfolio. Ask him, you probably won't understand.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Cutehector(m): 9:41am On Oct 20, 2016
jidxin:
lmaooo d albino ben wit d small tin
undecided who send u abeg...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 20, 2016
Very lazy pregnant men association all around; just fews early hours a day with sit up would sort a lot of things out. I don't blame them, most ladies here complaining are the types who massage and service them for money, tell me why PMEN would be worried to keep fit when young ladies keep satisfying them?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by winj3: 9:51am On Oct 20, 2016
Because many Nigerians still believe it is a sign of wealth, success and good living!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by jidxin(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2016
Cutehector:
undecided who send u abeg...
ben u wan make I upload your pix abi
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:
Thank u for this thread Op.
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.

what about dangote size of pot belly.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by obontami: 10:19am On Oct 20, 2016
ILoveToFuCcK:
They develop pot belly because they no dey fυck well angry
hahaha grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by temisukanmi(f): 10:19am On Oct 20, 2016
genieluv:
LoL, grin Op abeg take it easy on these our lazy ass men o.

But seriously this thing is really annoying. I think we the ladies might share some blame in this because we do not encourage or chastise them on these things. We act like it doesn't matter and before you know it, your hubby has developed a 'pregnancy', a baby he will never deliver.
Imagine u a pregnant wife hugging your own pregnant husband, grin The hands will not be able to reach each other due to the 'double pregancies obstacles'. grin

grin grin grin the imagination of this statement is out of this world. * Teletubies is all I see*

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by bigerboy200: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2016
ModestGal:
This is true,having a pot belly is detrimental to ones health.But the truth is moderate poverty is one cause of being overweigh,in Nigeria,ita not evrywhr that gyms are acesible,even the one that is availabl is costly,even tell me where is the time to be going to the gym,stress is a number one factor that makes one stores unecesary fat in the body,imagine aftr going to the work frm 7:00,coming back by 6pm,whn is d time to gym pls?Aftr the days stress,all one will do is overeat,nd then sleep.nd mayb d job is the one one wil need to stay in one place, nd even if thier are gyms,is it in this time of recesion one wil b gyming?Pls dont blame Nigerians with pot bellies esp those that doesnt drink alcohol,blame genetic instead
valid excuses but can be circumvented if one is determined. why would one need to pay to use a thread mill when he can jog for free? why would one also pay to use or buy the "sit up chair" when u can lay your back on the floor and do some helpful stomach muscle exercise. coming back by 6pm isn't much of an excuse also. An exercise session for 45 mins daily isn't too much. It could even be in the morning before going out to work(which is what i do).Nobody with pot belly should blame "lack of money as the reason". I am not rich. i can't even afford gym sessions + i come back from work very late,like yesterday, i came back close to 11pm, and i decided to skip dinner cos i want my six packs to stay intact. It's all about discipline and determination.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:
For me, any guy with a protruding stomach that comes my way in the name of toasting me, i turn him down immediately, i dont want to know about his money or family name. I just get irritated at the sight of it seriously.

E be like say hunger Neva kpansh u ba

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2016
soberdrunk:
On behalf of all my APBL(association of pot belly lords) brothers and as the president of APBL(unmarried chapter) i will like to inform you that "pot belly" is not a 'condition' or an ailment but a "choice", we cannot all have the bodies like bricklayers or bouncers, some of us are made to be chubby and we like it like that. Variety is the spice of life and "body shaming" is a crime against humanity!! angry angry

Well said!!!!!!

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by LoveJesus87(m): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2016
genieluv:

But seriously this thing is really annoying. I think we the ladies might share some blame in this because we do not encourage or chastise them on these things. We act like it doesn't matter and before you know it, your hubby has developed a 'pregnancy', a baby he will never deliver.
Imagine u a pregnant wife hugging your own pregnant husband, grin The hands will not be able to reach each other due to the 'double pregancies obstacles'. grin
Lmao grin I reject it in Jesus name grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
That's carelessness & laziness on the men's part, because as a man when your stomach starts protruding you ought to know that your body is getting outta shape but, instead of hitting the gym nor exercise regularly we men will resort to hit more bottles of beer & plates of isi ewu or ugba at beer palour. As a man, I can't tell my wife to look like Beyonce nor Genevieve for me while I look like her father nor carry 6months undeliverable pregnancy about. it's uncalled for. As a matter of fact, I don't joke with exercise at all, whenever I wake up in the morning before going to work I do my 100 press-ups(count down), 50 push-ups & 50 sit-ups and whenever I look at the mirror I love who I see there.

I promised myself that I can't watch beer impregnate me or other wise.

Please what is/are the difference(s) between push up and press up??!!!!!!!

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:

Lai Mohammad relative spotted!!!!!!

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2016
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

Please what is/are the difference(s) between push up and press up??!!!!!!!
I don't have the pics, i would have used it for a better clarification.

Push-ups/pull-ups is like or when you sit in a pavement, then place your hands on the pavement & move your butt and your upper body off the pavement remaining only your hands, then stretch your legs forward & begin pulling up & down movement.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by marv1: 11:10am On Oct 20, 2016
Pictures or I dont believe. Lol ......
genieluv:

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Uzch89(m): 11:21am On Oct 20, 2016
Does a chubby guy with a flat stomach still fall into that category?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by checkout50: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:
i'm rolling on the ground, laughing out loud.some babes no fit just change.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by freeedosa(m): 11:32am On Oct 20, 2016
Hi Friends,
Searching for Information, Ideas, Arts, Creativity, Technology, Photography, World Politics.......

https://medium.com/frictional-autobiography/too-much-konkobility-in-my-village-e2e7941bb647?source=linkShare-871f9cf7fe55-1476955681
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by baum1: 11:48am On Oct 20, 2016
Avalon316:

Ok. Let him marry you na. Lies fom pit of hell. Handsome six packs ko

Bros, I'm just curious, how did you know she was lying? How you take reach that conclusion? Wow, perhaps you know this lady more than on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by montero4Dladies(m): 11:58am On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:
I guess u ll instantly fall in love with me wen I take off my shirt like Inyanya 2 show u my six pack...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by wizard007(m): 12:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:

Lies
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by baum1: 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
ModestGal:
This is true,having a pot belly is detrimental to ones health.But the truth is moderate poverty is one cause of being overweigh,in Nigeria,ita not evrywhr that gyms are acesible,even the one that is availabl is costly,even tell me where is the time to be going to the gym,stress is a number one factor that makes one stores unecesary fat in the body,imagine aftr going to the work frm 7:00,coming back by 6pm,whn is d time to gym pls?Aftr the days stress,all one will do is overeat,nd then sleep.nd mayb d job is the one one wil need to stay in one place, nd even if thier are gyms,is it in this time of recesion one wil b gyming?Pls dont blame Nigerians with pot bellies esp those that doesnt drink alcohol,blame genetic instead

Madam, as other people don talk am, people don't need pay huge sums to join a gym. It can be done at home and on the streets if the will to do it is there.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ModestGal(f): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
[quote author=baum1 post=50359852]

Madam, as other people don talk am, people don't need pay huge sums to join a gym. It can be done at home and on the streets if the will to do it is there.[/
yea,i know this bt trust,i knw what i am saying,am not going against exercising,bt u cant blame them at all,thats my point,You need to know that the mental health part of obesity,is somthing highly serious
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by rawpadgin(m): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
vectoh:
I foh 4 u o...liquor i doff ma cap.,brewery,i hail thee...21bottles in a week,84bottles in a month..
guy, offshore i dey work

there are always guys that are ever ready to buzz me if i want
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by ModestGal(f): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
bigerboy200:

valid excuses but can be circumvented if one is determined. why would one need to pay to use a thread mill when he can jog for free? why would one also pay to use or buy the "sit up chair" when u can lay your back on the floor and do some helpful stomach muscle exercise. coming back by 6pm isn't much of an excuse also. An exercise session for 45 mins daily isn't too much. It could even be in the morning before going out to work(which is what i do).Nobody with pot belly should blame "lack of money as the reason". I am not rich. i can't even afford gym sessions + i come back from work very late,like yesterday, i came back close to 11pm, and i decided to skip dinner cos i want my six packs to stay intact. It's all about discipline and determination.
You wanna knw why?This is why
Ur wife is mad at you that for like past two month,they only eat rice once a week,u think you can jog,u did dat twice and you stopped whn all you were thinking is why the hell the rice is this costly?so because you need som motivation,You wil start seeing the reason why theres a need for threadmill. I hate it when people judge others with thier own evaluation of life,or things happening around them.You need to read more on the psychological reason for obesity,do you even knw that some people wont just loose weight even though they are jogging,do u knw how hard loosing bellyfat is for some people,even though they are exercising?Am a fitness preacher as well,was once overweigh,nd i know alot about Physical fitnes and mental fitness,bt i preach my own fitness in a calming manner,alot is going on with people inside of them,we jst cant see it.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
My boo often tells me that my pot belly turns her on cool
Huh?.. that's so weird..anyways..it's different strokes for diff folks. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by rawpadgin(m): 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
longerthroat:

abi HUNGER pack?
i can feed u for a year
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Nateben(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
ibolomo:
Abeg, where do you people get these mems from naw. Loop me in

I got them from BBM stickers
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? by Trybes(m): 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
havennie:

As much as i wanna get back at u, i want to admit that this comment of yours is hillarious. grin
What if i tell u that i am engaged to a handsome six-packs and financially stable guy? Likes attract themselves. I am not a lazy gluttonic pot belly lady, so i couldn't have settled for less. So Bleep off my mentions and get your lazy pot belly ass to the gym.

Both of you are children

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Launching Of Obijackson Children Hospital In Anambra, Nigeria (Photos) / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown / Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.