Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

The River - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The River (38009 Views)

Romance On The River - Book Review / Cries From The River “nun” Poem, Dedicated To Gabriel Imomotimi Okara / Murica: My River Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The River by ROYH(m): 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hehehe.

jagugu88li:
Good now......I need to give you directions to The Auction.

Buy whatever you want but, I trust you will enjoy one particular sale.....it comes glitttering and the side gifts are awesome.

From here take you left towards the corner shop. Walk on your right otherwise the street gangs might think you disrespect them. Walk towards the bridge past the https://www.nairaland.com/3425030/club-story-nlwriters/28#58622490 On your left after passing the mall, you will see a board written "PRIVATE MARKET" and walk direclty under it.... You will see one Adesina12 like that. He is the gateman. He will direct you to the door leading to https://www.nairaland.com/3447082/auction-top-story-week.

Where is my till guy ROYH sef. Anyway mayne he will be sold too.

Thank me later
I can't be sold nah, nobody can sell the Devil and wait for change ( not apc slogan ooo). ....
MA go read this story Jawe as jagugu88li mentioned that it's horrific and irresistible...

Hadampson, I dey come Oooo..
Theblessedman, tgold1, smartestpopqueen and mrlemuel, this is ROHY of team hero Oooo.
I be busy with net stuff this days, I think Tgold can relate....
Beside, I miss you guys, I swear, darousmart Emmanuel aka theblessedman, I dey greet ooo
Re: The River by Adesina12: 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
jagugu88li:
Good now......I need to give you directions to The Auction.

Buy whatever you want but, I trust you will enjoy one particular sale.....it comes glitttering and the side gifts are awesome.

From here take you left towards the corner shop. Walk on your right otherwise the street gangs might think you disrespect them. Walk towards the bridge past the https://www.nairaland.com/3425030/club-story-nlwriters/28#58622490 On your left after passing the mall, you will see a board written "PRIVATE MARKET" and walk direclty under it.... You will see one Adesina12 like that. He is the gateman. He will direct you to the door leading to https://www.nairaland.com/3447082/auction-top-story-week.

Where is my till guy ROYH sef. Anyway mayne he will be sold too.

Thank me later

Chaiiii jagugu I am afraid of you these days olohungbo

Why nah, but u know na popcorn I dey sell...heee

Lleigh is it true I am a gateman to your queendom?

What kind wahala be this jagugu88li
Re: The River by Adesina12: 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2017
jagugu88li:
Hmmmmm

Hadampson have you see this?

This author sef..........she needs a head surgery ha ah. Too much brain is worrying you

I can't agree less...honestly

Maybe she studied history in schools
Re: The River by herosakin777(m): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hadampson:
EvaJael, kimberlywest, herosakin777, alamiendagash.. horror story for you guys. Just a first warning for the last timegrin

DON'T READ IT AT NIGHTcheesy
boss why not night.... Na night u dey enjoy story pass
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Adesina12:

Chaiiii jagugu I am afraid of you these days olohungbo

Why nah, but u know na popcorn I dey sell...heee

Lleigh is it true I am a gateman to your queendom?

What kind wahala be this jagugu88li

Yes now Adesina12 you and jagugu88li are you both back? as the kingdom has been missing the two of you.

Adesina12 I have had to shift to wine when there was not popcorn and Guinness sad.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
Adesina12:

I can't agree less...honestly

Maybe she studied history in schools

haha the two of you self...

I studied science at school...

I am supposed to be rational and down to earth grin

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
herosakin777:

I will leave that for you to find out.

I get goosebumps reading this at night........
Re: The River by herosakin777(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lleigh:

I will leave that for you to find out.

I get goosebumps reading this at night........
wow coming from u I think I have to take the advice...., even though have not started reading I know this will be a great story since my boss Hadampson called me to this story more grace to u ma'am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Adesina12: 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lleigh:

Yes now Adesina12 you and jagugu88li are you both back? as the kingdom has been missing the two of you.

Adesina12 I have had to shift to wine when there was not popcorn and Guinness sad.

Let me see your face

I want to confirm whether you are capable of your statement

Wine......!!!! I doubt you

You are too soft to taste it but jagugu88li.....chaiii that babe dey leave in the bottle grin
Re: The River by Hadampson(m): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
herosakin777:
Fear may catch you if you read it at night buh if you are up to the task, you can read anytime you want
Re: The River by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
Adesina12:

Let me see your face

I want to confirm whether you are capable of your statement

Wine......!!!! I doubt you

You are too soft to taste it but jagugu88li.....chaiii that babe dey leave in the bottle grin
Heheheheehehe. Chai, u haff kill me. Drunken mistress na me these days? U haff kill me. Is fine ooo.

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
Audrinakane:
I finally caught up with the last update. Thank you Lleigh for coming back to this story. I missed it so much. Time to unravel more mysteries. More grease to your elbow

Thank you Aidrinakane for your patience and not deserting the river.
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hadampson:
Wow.. You have an unlimited bundle of talent i must say.
God, can't believe this story kept me glued to my phone since morning. You are one of the great writers on this great section, if not the best.
Please don't keep us waiting, expecting and salivating for the next installment of your fantastic story. Lest i forget, i love horror storiescheesy i'm kinda creep, isn't it?

P.S - Find a way to harness that talent Lleigh, cos you have it in you like PEAKgringringrin

Jagugu88li, If not for you, i would have miss this great story, merci pour la mentiongrin

Thank you Hadampson i will find a way.
I won't keep you waiting to long. Writing it up at the moment.
But thank you for coming to the River

1 Like

Re: The River by Hadampson(m): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lleigh:

Thank you Hadampson i will find a way. I won't keep you waiting to long. Writing it up at the moment. But thank you for coming to the River
Okay I will be here waiting for the update
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 10:26am On Jul 26, 2017
PBeni, Nathblessing, MhizDherbee, jagugu88li, Sonamjs, Audrinakane, Hadampson, EROCK247, Ayoshewa12, Adesina12.

Chapter 21

John, the pathologist, Devine and Commander James.

She hadn’t seen the Commander in ages, this must be serious, she thought.

She did a mental double take, there was also someone else in the room. He was quiet and was watching the drama that was about to unfold with keen interest, for once he was not glaring.

She looked towards her handler confused.

‘What is going on here?’ Eliora asked, as she looked at Ken Parker her handler.

‘Please take a seat Eliora.’ Ken said.

He looked away from her and turned to Commander James.

Commander James had always been one of her keenest supporters, his demeanour was not as friendly as it usually was, it was off.
John and Devine were also looking at her in a very strange way.

What was going on?

She did not need more shocks, she had received enough in the last 24 hours to last her a lifetime.

Meanwhile, the boy for once was all eyes and ears, there was rapt attention on his face; looking at him one would have thought he was about to learn how Father Christmas got through chimneys. Although, she was very sure he had lost all illusions about the magic of Father Christmas a long time ago.

She took a seat, the four men had dotted themselves around the table in a semi-circle, the last chair had been left for her.

It was interrogating techniques 101; that alone signalled to Eliora that something was amiss.

Well, the fact that the boy had also joined the semi-circle made it a very strange tableau, she thought wryly.

Eliora turned her face and attention to the Commander.

‘So is anyone going to tell me what is going on here?’ Eliora asked, with an arched eyebrow.

‘Eliora, was there any reason why you asked John to widen the parameters on the DNA search for Child Peter?’ Devine asked her.

‘No Sir, I just thought that with the body we found at Sheerness and the similarities between the murders, I thought we might have a connection.’ She responded.

‘I know I did ask John to tap into any database he had access to and to also run a mitochondrial test.’
‘He did tap into the ones he had access to?’ she asked, as she looked over at John. The obvious emphasis on ‘the ones’ was not lost on anyone in the room.

John’s face went red, that answered her question and made her look at him with interest.

How had he accessed those databases he had no rights accessing? She left that question for another day, after she found out why she had been hauled in front of the Met inquisition committee.

‘Eliora, do you have any children?’ Commander James asked.

‘Excuse me?’

‘What?’ Eliora responded.

The question was very off centre, very similar to the techniques she had used she to question people.

‘Do you have any children?’ He repeated the question.

‘I don’t have children Sir.’

‘My first shot at motherhood was snatched away from me by that explosion.’ Eliora said.

‘Are you sure?’ The Commander asked again.

Eliora was now getting p!ssed off. What was going on?

She decided to calm down, the fact that the boy was here told her this was no ordinary meeting.
Something was amiss.

‘Sure about what Sir’? She asked.

The questioning was riling her, she could go straight to the source of the questions, but she never invaded people’s thoughts if she did not have to.

Sometimes knowing what people thought about you wasn’t all what is was cracked up to be. It could be a huge source of disappointment.

She took a deep breath.

‘Sir, do you mind telling me what is going on?’ Eliora said as she looked at the men in the room.

John chimed in ‘The DNA results you requested came back with a hit.’ he said.

‘I widened the parameters as you said and I looked at mitochondria DNA.’ John continued.

‘That was a stroke, of genius. I don’t know why we never thought about it before.’ He said, as he stared at Devine.

The accusation obvious, Devine had been found wanting in his handling of the cold case.

John turned his face back towards Eliora, ‘according to the lab results we have found the Mother of Child Peter.’ He looked at her as he dropped the bombshell.

‘It was a 95% match.’ He said, the excitement in his voice obvious for all to see.

Her eyes moved slightly to the sixth person in the room, there was real surprise on his face.

‘So why are you here questioning me?’ Eliora asked. ‘Shouldn’t you be questioning the owner of the dna?’

‘We are.’ said Commander James.

The room went silent.

Eliora stared at the Commander, he couldn’t not stare back as the black obsidian eyes stared at him.

Eliora was silent.

‘Eliora how old is your son?’ Devine asked the question.

Eliora stared at him vacantly.

Son?

‘I don’t have a son. I had a miscarriage and I did not ask for the sex of my child.’ She turned to Commander James, as she delivered the sentence.

He couldn’t return her gaze, he looked away.

The three men in the room looked at one another, real confusion was on their faces.

Eliora asked, ‘I still don’t understand what is going on?’

‘The cold case we call Child Peter, the results have come back.’ John said.
‘We got a hit,’ John stared at her.

‘I matched the results back to a sealed file.’

‘That sealed file belongs to you Eliora.’

What databases had this guy accessed Eliora thought as she stared at John.

‘Eliora, the DNA test results came back to you, can you explain.’

Eliora looked at him blankly, but she could tell he was serious.

‘I don’t have kids John, you must be mistaken or the DNA sample has been compromised.’

She turned her eye to the boy standing behind the Commander, had he been up to mischief?

‘I can prove that I don’t have a son. Check my personnel file. Plus child Peter’s age could not be accurately dated but we made him between five and six right?’

‘I was in Manchester and London at the time, someone would have noticed that I was pregnant.’

She could tell a light bulb was going off in Commander James head.

‘What was the result of the sample?’ she asked.

‘It was a 95% probability.’ John replied.

‘Interesting,’ Eliora murmured.

‘Well we will have to do the test again, somewhere along the line some kind of contamination must have taken place.’
‘That can be the only feasible answer, John.’ Eliora said, as relief washed over her temporarily.

There was no way a woman could be pregnant for 40 weeks have a child and not know. Even in the realm of her strangeness that would be hard to pull off.

Eliora’s problem solving skills and leadership skills came to the fore; this was nothing more than a mistake.

She noticed Commander James relax his stance a bit.

She turned to John, ‘we need to take another sample, actually take two, so that we don’t have any more confusion.’

‘I don’t have a son, I don’t what you guys are trying to do.’ She said vehemently.

‘Whoa Dee please don’t jump to conclusions,’ Commander James said.

‘No one is after you for anything Dee’, the softness he placed on her name not lost on her.

‘I am sure re-running the samples will settle the confusion.’ The Commander said.

Three samples were taken from her.

John bagged them in front of everyone and got another police officer to come and take them to the lab for testing.

‘Please can you ask them to put a rush on it.’ John told the police officer as he walked out of the door.

Sometime later an email came into John’s inbox.

John stared at the results in front of him he could not understand the results he had just received.

The DNA results had come back and they were not what he expected.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The River by Nathblessing(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2017
Hehehehe...... complications everywhere....... This story is just unpredictable......The suspense sef no b here o...... Kudos to you Madam Lleigh..... Patiently waiting for more updates.......

1 Like

Re: The River by Audrinakane(f): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2017
Llweigh you are so good. More complications and suspense. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: The River by Adesina12: 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
What?
Re: The River by Hadampson(m): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
This is getting more interesting ohcheesy Keep it coming Lleigh

1 Like

Re: The River by eROCK247(m): 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
Unbelievable!!! U finally updated and it had to be this short? cry
Re: The River by MhizDherbee(f): 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks Lleigh
Re: The River by AlamienDagash(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hadampson:
EvaJael, kimberlywest, herosakin777, alamiendagash.. horror story for you guys. Just a first warning for the last timegrin

DON'T READ IT AT NIGHTcheesy
Okay ōo✴
As a vampire I make the horror feels horrible even though the horrible feels horrific when am around. Never mind
Re: The River by prettyrose: 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
Liegh From The Auction To The River, You Are Awesome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lleigh!!!!! What were the results??

Chai dis geh nd suspense sef.

1 Like

Re: The River by queenitee(f): 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lleigh, I have missed you and these wonderful updates. Kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: The River by Adesina12: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2017
jagugu88li:
Lleigh!!!!! What were the results??

Chai dis geh nd suspense sef.

What result?

Elora came first from the examination conducted for her...period

Abi Lleigh? grin

1 Like

Re: The River by greatface(m): 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2017
Aah so you don't want me to read the story ee? thats why you didn't mention me abi? your plans have failed. go and tell them you didn't see me. for your information, i follow the story and you too so all your plans to keep me locked out has failed.gringrin

nice update lleigh, i will always come around even if it is once in a while.

keep the dream alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:47am On Jul 29, 2017
Nathblessing:
Hehehehe...... complications everywhere....... This story is just unpredictable......The suspense sef no b here o...... Kudos to you Madam Lleigh..... Patiently waiting for more updates.......

Hi Nathblessing life is always full of complications...

update coming by Monday...
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:47am On Jul 29, 2017
Audrinakane:
Llweigh you are so good. More complications and suspense. Keep it up

thank you Audrinakane
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:48am On Jul 29, 2017
eROCK247:
Unbelievable!!! U finally updated and it had to be this short? cry

eROCK247 pity me a bit I beg.

Will make the next update longer.
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:50am On Jul 29, 2017
greatface:
Aah so you don't want me to read the story ee? thats why you didn't mention me abi? your plans have failed. go and tell them you didn't see me. for your information, i follow the story and you too so all your plans to keep me locked out has failed.gringrin

nice update lleigh, i will always come around even if it is once in a while.

keep the dream alive.

hi greatface i will ensure i mention in my updates smiley

thank you for reading
Re: The River by eROCK247(m): 10:54am On Jul 29, 2017
Lleigh:

eROCK247 pity me a bit I beg.

Will make the next update longer.

Sorry ma'am. Guess I was a bit too 'attached'. Thanks for that update. I'll patiently wait for d next. Kudos

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tears Of A Soldier............ A Military War Story / Love Cycle [pre-destiny] / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.