Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. (4433 Views)

PETETION TO SEUN: Please Create For Us A Christianity Section / Seun Please Create A Thread For Christians / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 20, 2016
dsrghd

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by blessedvisky(m): 3:01am On Oct 20, 2016
Hmm. Let's see if you can take the heat.

Cc hahn plaetton k.evoh raphieMontella hopefullandlord jackbizzle.

Goodluck wink

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by plaetton: 3:27am On Oct 20, 2016
Lol.

I have said before, many many times, there is a strong correlation between religious faith and mental illness.

In fact, I once posted a thread showing that the founders of the worlds major religions suffered one form of mental disturbance or another, especially Temporal Lobe Epilepsy ( TLE), a mental disturbance that amplify and exaggerates the " religious experience ".
It is not surprising that Chinua Achebe wrote of the newly minted Christians in the heartland of pre-colonial Niger , " there is something akin to Madness(insanity) in their overwhelming method ".

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by MaziOmenuko: 6:25am On Oct 20, 2016
Seun dem don write love letter for you.

Op, change your gender to (f) else you may be spending more than 14yrs in Nairaland jail.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2016
Meaningless tirade. The OP is clearly threatened by the rising atheism in Nigeria and the world. Why should God and religion not be treated the same way as other topics or subject. Why should we not question God?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by ValentineMary(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2016
I just read the first 3 lines and am asking myself why do psychologically deranged people use religion as an excuse to display madness?
OP stop embarrassing urself.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by taurus25(m): 8:30am On Oct 20, 2016
lol grin
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 20, 2016
Lennycool:
Meaningless tirade. The OP is clearly threatened by the rising atheism in Nigeria and the world. Why should God and religion not be treated the same way as other topics or subject. Why should we not question God?
Did you say, threatened? I'm a bit scared a lot of folks parading themselves as atheist are mentally ill
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2016
blessedvisky:

Goodluck wink
I can assist you

CBC johnnydon22, logicboy01, Ranchoddas, aaronsson pls fill in the blank
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2016
rev14vs11:

I can assist you

Cc johnnydon22, logicboy01, Ranchoddas, aaronsson. You can as well fill in the blank
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 20, 2016
Lennycool:
Meaningless Why should God and religion not be treated the same way as other topics or subject. Why should we not question God?
Why should we not question God? Oh, really? for the same reasons that your Pet has no reason to question you. But we are not pets? Sorry we're less than that!

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 20, 2016
rev14vs11:

Did you say, threatened? I'm a bit scared a lot of folks parading themselves as atheist are mentally ill
Mentally ill really? But it is Christian post that I see with titles and premises like
*My grandmother is a witch how can I kill her
* Eyelash is gotten from Satan's armpit
* rubbing sliced lemon on your armpit, since its ungodly to use artificial deodorant.
And so much more.

And yet we atheist are the mentally I'll?
When one man believes in an imaginary being he is mad. When many people believe in the same imaginary being it is religion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 20, 2016
rev14vs11:

Why should we not question God? Oh, really? for the same reasons that your Pet has no reason to question you. But we are not pets? Sorry we're less than that!
Correction you are less than that. Do not subscribe me to your religious folly. God is the imagination of primitive men, trying to make sense of the world around them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by raphieMontella: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2016
funny enough...i Got mentioned!
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 9:43am On Oct 20, 2016
blessedvisky:

Goodluck wink

certain threads are not even worth gracing, this is one such thread

I'm gonna be a bit picky about threads from now on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2016
Is this one guy opening multiple accounts or it's a group of people? Who cares? Let me sign here before this thread catches a deletion.

I was here OP, give me your best insult.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by ifenes(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2016
Like I have said many times...the human psychic is responsible for everything we put out. Abuse a child psychologically,then you have ruined the child and his possible 5 generations. Africa were purposely brainwashed with reverse-knowledge,the missionaries did a bit of good deeds to convince our poor ancestors that that indeed was an ideal way of life and the people's mind were joyfully opened to lengthy brainwash. This was a psychological warfare to keep AFricans behind. Look at nigeria today and the evidence is clear.

Change a man's mindset the right way,then you won't expect him to spit out these words of the OP. The state of the Human Mind is the key to him experiencing heaven or hell. It is not the OPs fault, it is clearly a bad job done on him physiologically. Africans look for God in the sky while the average European knows his Mind is God. And they are tapping into it to create a better world

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 20, 2016
Nice rhymes, op.
A bit wordy and more spacing should be done but nice long lines.

However;
If we follow your line of thought; 'God' gave us our brain; our imaginations to conquer and dominate the world and all those shii...

Therefore, when our reason is showing us some logical inconsistences in this God concept; should be back down Abandon our 'god-given' faculties Do we run away and pretend like all is rosy and well

Some will. Some do.

Infact, most notable christian philosophers cannot reconcile facts with the concept and settle for "faith" instead.

And some of us.....simply do not.

Since God gave us our brains, I don't think he'll angry at us using it, now would he

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 11:54am On Oct 20, 2016
rev14vs11:

I can assist you

CBC johnnydon22, logicboy01, Ranchoddas, aaronsson pls fill in the blank
Wetin happen?
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
I have taken the time to read through your rather long write-up and I think I agree with you to a great degree, especially the part you talked about the love of sin as a reason for many people turning to atheism and wishing the inevitable away. The standards set by Christ are incredibly high- they border on ridiculous at first glance and at face value. This explains why skeptics appear to be lenient on other belief systems compared to Christianity. This leads me to the rational suspicion that Christianity is the real deal. Add supernatural occurences to the mix and we have a winner.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by PastorAIO: 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The standards set by Christ are incredibly high- they border on ridiculous at first glance and at face value. This explains why skeptics appear to be lenient on other belief systems compared to Christianity. This leads me to the rational suspicion that Christianity is the real deal. Add supernatural occurences to the mix and we have a winner.

So christianity is hard therefore it is true. Is that your reasoning?

Then what do you want to call Jainism. Super Real Deal?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
PastorAIO:

So christianity is hard therefore it is true. Is that your reasoning?

Then what do you want to call Jainism. Super Real Deal?

Jainism basically preaches non-violence and ascetism. I cannot think of anything apart from eating animals that Jainists proscribe which Christians do not. I also do not think that instant miracles (however one may try to explain them away) take place in Jainism.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by raphieMontella: 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I have taken the time to read through your rather long write-up and I think I agree with you to a great degree, especially the part you talked about the love of sin
funny enough..its actually christians that want to sin...
Why---you have a ''buy-back clause''..so you want to sin and whenever you do...you ask the all-merciful God for forgiveness...
And its forgiven..and you repeat the funny cycle over and over..

P.s buy-back clause is used with my full awareness of the words meaning.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

funny enough..its actually christians that want to sin...
Why---you have a ''buy-back clause''..so you want to sin and whenever you do...you ask the all-merciful God for forgiveness...
And its forgiven..and you repeat the funny cycle over and over..

P.s buy-back clause is used with my full awareness of the words meaning.
Even if SOME Christians do this, most do not and you also know that the Bible is clearly against this. (Romans 6:1). So you have to look at what the faith teaches and not what some people are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by plaetton: 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
ifenes:
Africans look for God in the sky while the average European knows his Mind is God.

This is a very very interesting way to look at it.

We atheists always insist that God is a product of the mind.
But in this line of thought , god can Also be said to reside in the mind.
So, what better way to tune in to God, tap into God, than through the mind, the you in you( borrowing from Deepsight) ?

Therefore, beseeching the sky is a futile exercise for those too lazy to think, to explore the inexhaustible resources of the mind, the birthplace and residence of God, the almighty.

Some misinformed and deluded fellows would come here to tell us that God resides in the outskirts of space and time.
How ridiculous! undecided

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by PastorAIO: 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Jainism basically preaches non-violence and ascetism. I cannot think of anything apart from eating animals that Jainists proscribe which Christians do not. I also do not think that instant miracles (however one may try to explain them away) take place in Jainism.

There are miracles in Jainism too. You'll be very hard pressed to find a religion without miracles.

What do Christians proscribe that Jains do not.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Seun(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The standards set by Christ are incredibly high- they border on ridiculous at first glance and at face value. This explains why skeptics appear to be lenient on other belief systems compared to Christianity. This leads me to the rational suspicion that Christianity is the real deal. Add supernatural occurrences to the mix and we have a winner.
Are you required to pray elaborately five times a day with your head on the floor and your ass in the air while facing a particular direction? Are you required to cover your body from head to toe even on a hot afternoon in the desert? Could you be stoned to death for being raped, or have your hands amputated for petty theft? Are you forbidden from tasting wine or pork or listening to any music that uses instruments? If none of the above is true, then maybe the standards of your religion aren't that high?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
PastorAIO:

There are miracles in Jainism too. You'll be very hard pressed to find a religion without miracles.

What do Christians proscribe that Jains do not.
The miracles are not on the same scale as those in Christianity. I don't know all the dos and donts so Jainism so I can't answer the second question.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I have taken the time to read through your rather long write-up and I think I agree with you to a great degree, especially the part you talked about the love of sin as a reason for many people turning to atheism and wishing the inevitable away.

wrong!!!

Click here and digest
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

wrong!!!

Click here and digest
You don the catch the Ebuka syndrome abi? Referring me to your old threads.
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by hopefulLandlord: 7:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You don the catch the Ebuka syndrome abi? Referring me to your old threads.

nah, don't compare me with him

the threads I refer people to are not "debunked" unlike the threads he refers people to

that thread explains "atheism and sin" in as clear terms as possible
Re: Seun, Please Come In! I've Gist For You. by Ranchhoddas: 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
Seun:
Are you required to pray elaborately five times a day with your head on the floor and your ass in the air while facing a particular direction? Are you required to cover your body from head to toe even on a hot afternoon in the desert? Could you be stoned to death for being raped, or have your hands amputated for petty theft? Are you forbidden from tasting wine or pork or listening to music? If none of the above is true, then maybe the standards of your religion aren't that high?
These are rituals. I mean that your moral conduct, down to what you think is regulated. Islam has got nothing on Christianity abeg, and I have not heard that Muslims are forbidden from listening to music.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question / Who Can Answer This? / Prayer Against Self-servicing, Lust and Se.xual Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.