Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman (1092 Views)

The Origin Of Urhobo People / White Woman Speaks Urhobo Language Fluently / Okere-urhobo Festival Of Unity, Warri 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by mcfynest(m): 5:06am On Oct 20, 2016
Hi everyone, good morning.

I am a Yoruba guy dating my long time love. A relationship of many years and we are deeply into each other.

Now i am planning to step up the game. I want to propose to her. But i don't know much about her tribe's view on marriage.

What should i expect, what is the usual brideprice and any other information would be helpful.

P.S- We are both Christians.

Please help a bro.

Thanks family
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 20, 2016
bros ask her nah

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by xendra: 5:48am On Oct 20, 2016
wow! so its not about her its about her tribes view on marriage and their bride price? if you get any info that you don't like now you are going to keep your ring cheesy
I'm just wondering why you have to come ask this question first, I mean there are a lot of real men who have married even Ibo girls without first seeking approval or asking about how the bride price is.
I hope you aren't scared cos if you are you are not ready. if anything its her you should ask, she knows her family and tribe, she should be able to tell you what to expect from them.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Cutehector(m): 6:05am On Oct 20, 2016
Xendra how much is your bride price?
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by xendra: 6:46am On Oct 20, 2016
Cutehector:
oh please don't ask me stupid questions, this things vary, you can't go asking random people for brideprice before you marry a girl. I wasn't talking about bride price, I meant if he was feeling scared or anxious about meeting her people which to an extent is normal.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:53am On Oct 20, 2016
xendra:
oh please don't ask me stupid questions, this things vary, you can't go asking random people for pride price before you marry a girl. I wasn't talking about bride price, I meant if he was feeling scared or anxious about meeting her people which to an extent is normal.

Have they changed it to pride price??

lol... #justkidding..
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Cutehector(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2016
xendra:
oh please don't ask me stupid questions, this things vary, you can't go asking random people for pride price before you marry a girl. I wasn't talking about bride price, I meant if he was feeling scared or anxious about meeting her people which to an extent is normal.
shutup! U have no clue. Now get lost
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by xendra: 7:40am On Oct 20, 2016
Cutehector:
shutup! U have no clue. Now get lost
Mr "have a clue" hector, how come I don't see you answering his question? woman wrapper woke up this early morning, open a thread, can't offer any useful info and chooses to mention me instead.
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by mcfynest(m): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2016
smithsydny:
bros ask her nah

She doesn't know. We have talked about it. Plus i want it to surprisr her so i am not asking too much
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by mcfynest(m): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2016
xendra:
wow! so its not about her its about her tribes view on marriage and their bride price? if you get any info that you don't like now you are going to keep your ring cheesy
I'm just wondering why you have to come ask this question first, I mean there are a lot of real men who have married even Ibo girls without first seeking approval or asking about how the bride price is.
I hope you aren't scared cos if you are you are not ready. if anything its her you should ask, she knows her family and tribe, she should be able to tell you what to expect from them.

I sincerely understand your point. Pls note that i didn't ask for brideprice only.

What makes you a real man is when you take calculated risk. You don't just jump into something with both legs, or do you?

Nothing bad here. Thanks anyway
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 20, 2016
mcfynest:

She doesn't know. We have talked about it. Plus i want it to surprisr her so i am not asking too much
u must know someone that knows someone that knows another person whose from there.. just plot your runz well.. u can googlize it.. everthing is digital now.. goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by TheRealGEJ: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cutehector:

Initially it was #70 but now #120
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Cutehector(m): 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheRealGEJ:

lol hw am I not sure it's just 20kobo
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by xendra: 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheRealGEJ:

Lawd please help me not to insult this nosy- parker
Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by TheRealGEJ: 11:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cutehector:
lol hw am I not sure it's just 20kobo

That's the money you'll pay but that exclude wrapper for parents, drinks and other stuff but trust me it's not as stressful as those from the other side. We got a wife from Afiesere in Ughelli north earlier this year.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Propose To My Urhobo Woman by Cutehector(m): 6:08am On Oct 21, 2016
TheRealGEJ:

That's the money you'll pay but that exclude wrapper for parents, drinks and other stuff but trust me it's not as stressful as those from the other side. We got a wife from Afiesere in Ughelli north earlier this year.
Will never marry from delta

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Igbo Man Nigeria 2018 / cultural similarity / PHOTOS: 2016 Christmas Festival/calabar Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.