Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) (22383 Views)

Documentation Thread: Construction Process Of A Biodegradable Septic Tank System / Construction Process Of A 32 Family Block Of 1 Bedroom Flat / Construction Process Of 6 Bedroom Duplex At Anambra State By Domaro-pio Const. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 5:59am On Dec 03, 2016
decking wood could be seen even from the outside........

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Dec 03, 2016
We have now bought the iron reinforcements for this decking and moved it to the site.......

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
And we took the rods up and did the decking reinforcement.....

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2016
More reinforcement........

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ready to cast.........

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
Decking cast completed here, more pictures of the slab later today.
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2016
We completed the cast of this decking slab yesterday.......

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
The works on the upper floors are set to start by next week..........

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by PHILipu1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2016
spyder880:
We have now bought the iron reinforcements for this decking and moved it to the site.......

Please sir,what size of rod was used for the decking reinforcement?

And when you are casting the liten level,do you allow concrete to fill the whole blocks below?
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
PHILipu1:

Please sir,what size of rod was used for the decking reinforcement?

And when you are casting the liten level,do you allow concrete to fill the whole blocks below?

Reinforcement rods we used for this house was the specified Y16 rods used for the beams, Y12 rods used for the floor mat and Y8 used as rings.

It is recommended that excess concrete not fill the blocks below the lintel as this will just add unnecessary weight to the structure. Blocks are good as they are, they don't need any concrete filling. The concrete that pass down into blocks are wasted.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by PHILipu1(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
spyder880:

Reinforcement rods we used for this house was the specified Y16 rods used for the beams, Y12 rods used for the floor mat and Y8 used as rings.

It is recommended that excess concrete not fill the blocks below the lintel as this will just add unnecessary weight to the structure. Blocks are good as they are, they don't need any concrete filling. The concrete that pass down into blocks are wasted.

Please sir,what do you normally use in blocking the block holes?

Is it ok to use 9 inches block down and 6 inches blocks up in a building?
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by ceelog(m): 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2016
Greetings spyder...
Any cost saving or quality assurance tip when buying rods?
Is it better i.e. cheaper to tell the seller to add load/offload bill on the rods or better to handle that urself?

spyder880:
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
PHILipu1:

Please sir,what do you normally use in blocking the block holes?

Is it ok to use 9 inches block down and 6 inches blocks up in a building?

We normally use broken pieces of blocks, I have also seen empty cement bag being used to block holes. Anything wood and other bio degradable materials are not good for blocking holes as this may decay with time and might negatively affect the wall in the long run.

You can use 6" blocks up. But male sure a trained professional inspects the work and make his recommendations so as to ensure that good building practice is adhered to.

There are situations where the use of 6" blocks upstairs can cause problems, let the engineer ensure that the design of the building is not such that excess load will be placed on the 150 x 150 mm columns which you get by using 6" blocks. The parapet, wood and roofing materials must be planned to rest on the columns you have upstairs .

2 Likes

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
ceelog:
Greetings spyder...
Any cost saving or quality assurance tip when buying rods?
Is it better i.e. cheaper to tell the seller to add load/offload bill on the rods or better to handle that urself?

Lots of tips.

1. Make sure you count your rods at the point of loading. If you fail to do so, under loading might occur with fraudulent sellers.

2. Make sure a trusted person accompany them to the site.

3. Allow the seller to bargain for the cost of loading BEFORE paying for rods. As he is keen to make a sale, he will not like the loaders to spoil his sales. Sometimes I allow them haggle for trucks too. But that must be before I pay or allow them to bring the truck.

4. Payment must be the last thing in the transaction. Get loaded first, count your materials and then pay the seller if all else is as agreed.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by ceelog(m): 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
God bless you richly.
spyder880:

Lots of tips.

1. Make sure you count your rods at the point of loading. If you fail to do so, under loading might occur with fraudulent sellers.

2. Make sure a trusted person accompany them to the site.

3. Allow the seller to bargain for the cost of loading BEFORE paying for rods. As he is keen to make a sale, he will not like the loaders to spoil his sales. Sometimes I allow them haggle for trucks too. But that must be before I pay or allow them to bring the truck.

4. Payment must be the last thing in the transaction. Get loaded first, count your materials and then pay the seller if all else is as agreed.

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by Amos1980(m): 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
Waooooo
Serious men at work........ More progress.
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by Amos1980(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
More progress....... cool cool cool
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by Amos1980(m): 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
spyder880:
The works on the upper floors are set to start by next week..........
We are looking onto your eye..... For your best pop interior and exterior decoration design.......

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Dec 25, 2016
For all my readers, I wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. May all your dreams come true. Your support and encouragement has kept us going all year long, GOD bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by Badgers14: 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
)
spyder880:
We marked out the building space, more clearing to be done to remove the remaining grass before we start the foundation of this house today.

Sir do you mind uploading the picture of the floor plan and the 3d plan so we could complete the building in our mind.

Thanks.
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by Badgers14: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
spyder880:
Decking cast completed here, more pictures of the slab later today.

My oga, is this project still on?
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 5:15am On Jan 29, 2017
Badgers14:

My oga, is this project still on?

We are on break here.
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by Badgers14: 7:22am On Jan 29, 2017
spyder880:

We are on break here.

Ok no worries..

I was following this project bumper to bumper because i am planning pn undertaking similar project soon.

Could you tell me, what's your opinion on my project..

Total of 6 flats, Two - 3 bedroom on each floor all ensuite but with a stand up shower and not bath tub.

Land side is 50 x 100.

Your opinion is highly regarded.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by zagadat1: 9:53am On Jan 29, 2017
Please can anyone give me a rough estimate or quotation for a roofing of a four bedroom bungalow... sorry to derail this thread
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 11:43am On Jan 29, 2017
zagadat1:
Please can anyone give me a rough estimate or quotation for a roofing of a four bedroom bungalow... sorry to derail this thread

Depends on the type and quality of roofing sheets you choose and size and location of your house.
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by Badgers14: 1:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
spyder880:

We are on break here.

I want to know if my proposal would fit on my land 50 X 100.

I am looking at 3 balcony per flat too.. Because since the land is 50 x 100. The 50 part is at the front of the house and i want my tenant to enjoy the front view.

I often read about prospective landlords that don't want to spend on their house because they want to rent it out.

I was a tenant before and i had a landlord like that, not a good experience i must add.. I want to make sure my tenants enjoy their flat.

1 Like

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by BilginMarble(m): 7:57am On Apr 04, 2017
Dear Sir,

We are marble, onyx, travertine, granite manufacturer and exporter company from Turkey from our own quarries and factory.
Our abilities are supplying natural stones marble, Onyx and Granite as slabs, cut to size, custom dimensions and shapes as kitchen top, bathroom tops, bar designs etc. Other way is that: if you have any project, we may join with designing, application; especially villas, hotel and restaurants, office buildings etc. Depends on your position in market. My whatsapp is +905327607234 for more information and pictures.
And you may see our selections from following link:
https://www.facebook.com/exportmarble/?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/bilgin.muhendislik/photos_albums

Best Regards,
Eng Kayhan
www.bilginmuhendisliktr.com
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by igsafety: 4:42am On Apr 29, 2017
I greet every one
Please can some one tell me the price of building materials like rod cement granite stone per ton and other materials needed for building a 4 three bedroom flat and what can be the cost for decking a 2 three bedroom flat in aba abia state

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by igsafety: 4:54am On Apr 29, 2017
I greet every one
Please can some one tell me the price of building materials like rod cement granite stone per ton and other materials needed for building a 4 flat three bedroom flat and what can be the cost for decking a 2 three bedroom flat in aba abia state
And also I will like to know if theirs any problem as the foundation is being made with 6 inches block solid and after the dpc we use 6 inches but hole please I will like to know if this may have effect on the building now or in the future
Thanks

Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by Mojola001: 12:38pm On May 26, 2017
spyder880:
Ladies and gentlemen, we have embarked on yet another building project for a Nairalander . We have been contracted to build a new block of 6 flats of 3 bedrooms. The details of the project are as follows;

Project : Construction of a 6 flats of 3 bedrooms each
Client: A Nairalander
Contractor : Tigerkenn Homes Ltd
Project duration : 150 days

You are welcome as we turn this piece of land into living quarters for some families, we always try to improve the housing sector, by delivering affordable housing to the ever increasing population, while making profit for our clients, the landlords.

what is the estimated cost of build for this project ?
Re: Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
This was a house we worked on in 2017. We might be restarting the construction of this building soon. My clients here just contacted me for the continuation.

More pictures when we start.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island / How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You / KARCHER High Pressure Car Washer PROMO PRICE N50,000-wash Ur Car/house In 2mins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.