Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) (28189 Views)

Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) / Six Suspected Drug Peddlers Arrested Over Codeine Truck Intercepted In Katsina / Two Drug Traffickers Arrested At The Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by IamPatriotic(m): 9:01am On Oct 20, 2016
#FreetheEdos
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 20, 2016
misleading headline
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by henryobinna(m): 9:04am On Oct 20, 2016
bettercreature:
It's a way of stealing the money,they sure know the case will be serious if they call them drug traffickers
you might be right,

even looking at how the money were packaged suggests they're from different sources(I might be wrong on this though)
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2016
xreal:
What nonsense!

Why arresting them now?
No drug was found on them and u are tagging them as drug peddlers.

This is just 1% of what our politicians launder on a regular basis.

meanwhile the Name Checker s group will be dumbfounded as these guys bear English names aside 'Edos' .

I agree with you 100%, but this guys should have done themselves good service by declaring the cash at the point of entry instead of hiding it
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by ChukwuIbrahim: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2016
soberdrunk:
See bread!!! If this kain money fall on my lap now now, i will just wait till my meeting this afternoon and when my oga starts speaking big grammar i will just jump on the table and start dancing "alingo", then switch to moonwalk, spank my MD on her big ass and walk out the office like a boss to my "early retirement"! grin grin grin
eh eh, naxo! grin
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by omonnakoda: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2016
They have taken a big risk. That money is liable to be seized simply because they did not declare it that is the law. I remember a Nigerian had his money seized in the US for similar reasons and on that occasion he was even travelling with the Presidential entourage of Obasanjo.. If they have nothing to hide they should have declared it. These days it is very easy to transfer money to a domiciliary account in Nigeria and this costs next to nothing.
This is a combination of lack of exposure and ignorance and probable criminality. Still Nigeria should have a very fast track for investigating and concluding such matters with regards to drug trafficking and so on. But mere failure to declare is already an offence that is taken seriously every where

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:08am On Oct 20, 2016
Sensie:
This people don't just want any money to enter Nigeriaundecided and the small one that is in the Nigeria it circulates just in one corner... Diaris God o

What happen to money transfer? Traveling with that huge money is regarded as money laundering world wide.. Maybe you need to go read more about Money Laundering.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by idu1(m): 9:13am On Oct 20, 2016
Make person no get money again?
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 20, 2016
What is it with these flatrons? They lie without wincing, they steal, carry drugs, even kidnap and kill all in the name of money. I think their mission is to see the country destroyed
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Iprofit: 9:14am On Oct 20, 2016
What nonsense Fvck the NDLEA Not even money laundering but drug trafficking Where is the drug
This guys are just unfortunate
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Nusaf: 9:15am On Oct 20, 2016
Just look at their heads, as flat as frying pan.
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by nsogbuMod(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2016
I CAME TO CHECK NAMES BUT AM DISSATISFIED
BTW

THEIR HEAD IS LIKE CORNES SO WE CAN ASSUME THEY ARE AFONJAS
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Sensie(f): 9:21am On Oct 20, 2016
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

What happen to money transfer? Traveling with that huge money is regarded as money laundering world wide.. Maybe you need to go read more about Money Laundering.

Ok... Bye
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 20, 2016
How did they pass through European airports and wasn't found?

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 20, 2016
omonnakoda:
They have taken a big risk. That money is liable to be seized simply because they did not declare it that is the law. I remember a Nigerian had his money seized in the US for similar reasons and on that occasion he was even travelling with the Presidential entourage of Obasanjo.. If they have nothing to hide they should have declared it. These days it is very easy to transfer money to a domiciliary account in Nigeria and this costs next to nothing.
This is a combination of lack of exposure and ignorance and probable criminality. Still Nigeria should have a very fast track for investigating and concluding such matters with regards to drug trafficking and so on. But mere failure to declare is already an offence that is taken seriously every where
My thoughts exactly. They night be criminals, and they might as well just be ignorant.
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by omonnakoda: 9:24am On Oct 20, 2016
There is no limit to the money you can bring into the country BUT you must declare it and failure to do so makes the money liable to seizure PLUS possible jail time.No story!

There is a very good reason for this law.
Who has forgotten the story of Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cristiano-ronaldos-mother-45000-seized-5844031

but people are stubborn and when caught they start introducing silly sentiments
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by 222Martins(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2016
With the huge discrepancy between the official bank rate and the black market, only fools still send money to Nigeria via transfer. I am not exonerating these guys but trust me, a lot of dollars and other hard currencies are coming to Nigeria in envelopes. There are a lot of Nigerians abroad with legitimate cash to send home, but they are just looking for someone trustworthy travelling back to Nigeria to move the cash for them. undecided undecided undecided
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by donbrowser(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2016
Coolgent:
Though they have english names but theit Flat heads are unmistakable!
We knew who they are grin

NCAN South East
Flat head or Round head, Ncan South East or West, what have you gained with this comment?
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by yeyeboi(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2016
Sensie:
This people don't just want any money to enter Nigeriaundecided and the small one that is in the Nigeria it circulates just in one corner... Diaris God o

Sensie my love I will follow u anywhr grin
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by omonnakoda: 9:28am On Oct 20, 2016
AnonyNymous:

My thoughts exactly. They night be criminals, and they might as well just be ignorant.
It is the ignorant rat that ends up in the belly of a snake
I find it hard to accept the ignorance because in most aiirports or boarding you have to complete a declaration on money. That was happening at Lagos ,i don't know if it stopped.

remember this?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cristiano-ronaldos-mother-45000-seized-5844031

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2016
But i didnt see any where drugs were found on them. How did they become suspected drug traffickers then?
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by musicwriter(m): 9:30am On Oct 20, 2016
These people did not commit any crime according to the report. The government should know that with the favourable exchange rate at the blackmarket comes the influx of such cash into the country. Nobody wants to pass through the banks anymore, cause that would mean losing a good chunk of monies in the official conversion rate.

May be their offense was not declaring the money upon entrance, but that shouldn't lead to confiscation. How many Nigerian politicians have declared their loots? Buhari promised he and his ministers would be declaring their assets, but 2 years in his tenure no public declaration of assets.

The duo should look for a good lawyer to sue the NDLEA, cause publishing their pictures online without proof of criminal origin of funds is an offense itself by the NDLEA.
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by fm7070: 9:30am On Oct 20, 2016
Randyhot:
Nonsense.. enemies of progress in khaki

no be small thing ooooo
they are foreign investors.
they want to invest 175m in the economy
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by omonnakoda: 9:31am On Oct 20, 2016
222Martins:
With the huge discrepancy between the official bank rate and the black market, only fools still send money to Nigeria via transfer. I am not exonerating these guys but trust me, a lot of dollars and other hard currencies are coming to Nigeria in envelopes. There are a lot of Nigerians abroad with legitimate cash to send home, but they are just looking for someone trustworthy travelling back to Nigeria to move the cash for them. undecided undecided undecided
You can send money to a domiciliary account . For the entire money they had they would not have paid 100 Euros and many banks do not charge at all.
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 20, 2016
this is a clear case of money laundering because they failed to declare it at the port of entry, and obviously it's a case for the efcc, smh, what a misleading headline, to think some ignorant people just jumped to spew rubbish for the bottom of their tribalistic hearts without even reading, smh
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by IghoCentric(m): 9:32am On Oct 20, 2016
soberdrunk:
See bread!!! If this kain money fall on my lap now now, i will just wait till my meeting this afternoon and when my oga starts speaking big grammar i will just jump on the table and start dancing "alingo", then switch to moonwalk, spank my MD on her big ass and walk out the office like a boss to my "early retirement"! grin grin grin

After u don display finish you now find out say na fake currencies fall for your lap wetin u go do
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by xreal: 9:37am On Oct 20, 2016
divinecode101:

I agree with you 100%, but this guys should have done themselves good service by declaring the cash at the point of entry instead of hiding it

Well, you are very right, especially the hiding part.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by IghoCentric(m): 9:37am On Oct 20, 2016
Lilimax:
Abeg, wetin be their crime?

Money laundering.. Its illegal to carry huge amounts of money across borders... because if its for purchase of guns, drugs, or kidnap ransom... It can't be traced. When u use the right transfer channels the money can always be traced so most illegal men that don't want to leave a paper trail launder their money
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by 400billionman: 9:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Sensie:

His wife is permitted to wear wrist watches and handbags worth N40m each, but Nigerians cannot carry their life savings of $30,000.

Una go hear am..
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by modsRbastard: 9:45am On Oct 20, 2016
brunofarad:
Hmmmn

And since when did lack of evidence became EVIDENCE

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Comedy naija

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of of absence
Re: NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) by Pylony(m): 9:47am On Oct 20, 2016
Eyaaaaaa! Una see wetin recession don dey cause? See how people don dey smuggle foreign currencies into the country boycoting bank transfers so their family and friends would be walking the streets like kings and queens once they change those dollars and pounds with Mallam. Chaiiii there is god oo, sha make i check the "Other Rooms" grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Florence Enwerim Onyegbu, Convicted Nigerian Woman, Extradited To U.S / Ambrose Alli University Graduate Stabbed To Death By Phone Snatchers (Photos) / Illicit Drug Supplier To Bandits Arrested With Dangerous Injections In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.