Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Osinbajo: ‘someone Somewhere’ Recommended Me To Be VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: ‘someone Somewhere’ Recommended Me To Be VP (426 Views)

PRESIDENCY: El-rufai Prepares To Be VP To Osinbajo, Wants To Replace Deputy / Fayose On AIT: 'I Will Be VP Or President Of Nigeria', Shades Ali Modu Sheriff / 2015: Tinubu Wanted To Be VP, Opposed Osinbajo As VP - Buhari's Authorized Bio (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Osinbajo: ‘someone Somewhere’ Recommended Me To Be VP by themomentng: 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Vice-president Yemi Osinbajo has given a hint of how he became President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate, saying “somebody somewhere” recommended him for the position.
In his book, ‘Muhammadu Buhari: Challenges of Leadership,’ John Paden, Buhari’s authorised biographer, claimed that the president chose Osinbajo as his partner in the 2015 presidential election despite pressure from Bola Tinubu, who wanted the position.
Tunji Bello, secretary to the Lagos state government, who served in Tinubu’s government, had described Paden’s account as half-truth, saying he was in the know of how Osinbajo emerged as Buhari’s running mate.
At a presidential dinner in honour of the beneficiaries of the amnesty programme on Wednesday night in Abuja, Osinbajo, for the first time, spoke subtly on the matter.
“I was in a group of young men and women and one of them asked the question how did I become vice president; I was never a politician or anything like that,” he said.
“So, I tried to explain it is quite simply that someone somewhere has to recommend you. Somebody somewhere has to give you a helping hand.
“Whether to be a vice president or to be an aircraft pilot or to be an engineer, somebody somewhere has to give you an opportunity and I think that all of you that are here today are the beneficiaries of the opportunities that you have somehow received.
“And this is why this event is so important. I think that it is one way we have to remind ourselves that we are bound as individuals to give opportunities to everyone.”
Osinbajo urged Niger Delta militants to lay down their arms and embrace peace, saying the region was also losing in the bombing of oil installations.
“The fact that you did so well was a tremendous opportunity for other people,” he said.
“We all have the responsibility to ensure that the future of the country is one that is secure. That cannot happen under the atmosphere of conflict.
“There is no point blowing up pipelines. If they are blown, who are the losers at the end of the day? All of us, even the up-and-coming ones.”

Re: Osinbajo: ‘someone Somewhere’ Recommended Me To Be VP by Mynd44: 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2016

(1)

Buhari Seeks NASS Approval For N180bn Virement To Fund Shortfalls In 2016 Budget / Thugs Destroyin Properties In Akure / Nigeria Troops Rescue 19 Women & 19 Children Along Nigeria-niger Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.