Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! (983 Views)

Solutions For Sleep Mode Missing On Windows 10 / My System Does Nt Boot Anymore / How To Use Your Laptop In Sleep Mode As Power Bank(to Charge Your Mobile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! by lytone(m): 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2009
hi guys, who can help me out on this, it use to hibernate before until i did a disk cleaneup and deleted the hibernation memory which was a staggering 4.5GB, i tried to restore it but its not possible and it not in my recycle bin either, HELP!
Re: My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2009
Which 1 is hibernation file? Wateva dt is, it cant be a gud tin so let it be. Hav u checked if hibernation has bin disabled in power options?

If its not dt then u hav 2 run a registry tweak. Check 1st b4 we start grammer. The thing has bin posted many times by oyb
Re: My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! by lytone(m): 11:48am On Oct 24, 2009
its not even givin hibernation option in the power options, pls tell me wat to do, wats tweak?, am not much of the hardware guy,am more of software.tank u
Re: My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! by deji2009(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2009
its not even givin hibernation option in the power options, pls tell me wat to do, wats tweak?, am not much of the hardware guy,am more of software.tank u

This can happen if disk clean up was used and as a result this has caused hibernation option to dissapear

Well, next time please try and sepecify if XP or vista hold the windows logo down on your keyabord + R you should get a Run box

Type in there cmd you should get a black box pop up type in there Powercfg /hibernate on press enter if it says you are not allow

Then try running cmd as an adminstrator by right clicking and run as adminstrator. or you can use system restore to take back to how it was

before you use disk clean up start, all programmes, accessories, system tools and system restore Good luck
Re: My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! by lytone(m): 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2009
This can happen if disk clean up was used and as a result this has caused hibernation option to dissapear

Well, next time please try and sepecify if XP or vista hold the windows logo down on your keyabord + R you should get a Run box

Type in there cmd you should get a black box pop up type in there Powercfg /hibernate on press enter if it says you are not allow

Then try running cmd as an adminstrator by right clicking and run as adminstrator. or you can use system restore to take back to how it was

before you use disk clean up start, all programmes, accessories, system tools and system restore Good luck.
thank u deji, the restore was option dint give me an option before my cleanup and i tried ur manual help but it dint work, it an HP Dv6000 and win VISTA.tanx man
Re: My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! by deji2009(m): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2009
before you use disk clean up start, all programmes, accessories, system tools and system restore Good luck.
thank u deji, the restore was option dint give me an option before my cleanup and i tried your manual help but it dint work, it an HP Dv6000 and win VISTA.tanx man

What I mean is to click start, all progarmmes, accessories, system tools and system restore and follow on screen instruction. you said you try my

manul option and didnt work. well it should be proabably there something you aint doing right here what try this mate

Just go to accessories-> right button on command prompt-> run as admin-> type powercfg /hibernate on and you are done or
* Go to the command prompt icon in the Start menu under Accessories and right click the icon: click “Run as administrator”.
* Paste: “powercfg.exe /hibernate on” and hit Enter and also paste “powercfg -h on” and hit enter just to be safe.
* Open Control Panel and type in “Hibernate” in the Search.
* Click “Turn hibernation on or off”
* Click “Change advance power settings”
* Scroll to and expand the “Sleep” option.
* Select “Off” to the “Allow hybrid sleep” option.
* Scroll to and expand the “Power buttons and lid” option.
* Select “Hibernate” for the “Sleep button action” option. 10. Select “Hibernate” for the “Start menu power button” option.

Hopefully one of these methods will solve your problem!

You need to restatt the systsem for changes to take effect. Good luck
Re: My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! by lytone(m): 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2009
YES!!!! i eally dont know the one that worked but one did.i guess it was the command prompt thing dat did d magic.Tank u so much deji, the system which am using now is half fixed, apart from the fact dat i dont have a trusted anti-virus even if i av alot of thier setups, and my system was once bitten by the rain and since den, wen ever the ligth is taken and brougth bak, the tsystem will ust enter sleep mode and without sleepin, it will just go off violently. and until it fully charged before it come on wen power is plugged in. so wen ligth is taken, i av to wait until is full before it comes on.wat u tink bro?
Re: My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! by deji2009(m): 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2009
YES!!!! i eally dont know the one that worked but one did.i guess it was the command prompt thing dat did d magic.Tank u so much deji, the system which am using now is half fixed, apart from the fact dat i dont have a trusted anti-virus even if i av alot of thier setups, and my system was once bitten by the rain and since den, wen ever the ligth is taken and brougth bak, the tsystem will ust enter sleep mode and without sleepin, it will just go off violently. and until it fully charged before it come on wen power is plugged in. so wen ligth is taken, i av to wait until is full before it comes on.wat u tink bro?

Glad is working. in other to me and other tecs to give accurate advice. you need to explain this very cleary as i dont fully understand what you mean
Re: My System Does Not Go Into Hibernation Or Sleep Mode! by lytone(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2009
ok thanks brother, i posted anew topic, maybe u could check that out on the list page, thanx a bunch.

(1) (Reply)

Where Do I Get Idirect Or Hughes Net Ku In Lagos? / Spinglo: Free Win Ipad, Iphone, Ipod By Inviting Friends / I Want To Know Where I Can Be Trianed On How To Repair And Install Atm Machine/p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.