Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old (57841 Views)

The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year / Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read / What Are The Top 5 Books One Must Read In Their Lifetime And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
tete7000:

Reading books overrated?
Yes.

I disagree.
Your opinion. It's the reason we humans are individuals.

Reading a summarised version is not the same as reading an entire book. A summary is subject to the whim of one doing the summary, he highlights what he considers important and de-emphasises what to him is not important.
If this is a problem don't forget to read four to five more summaries on the same book to view it from different viewpoints. Many books I've read were an exercise in pointlessness as they were rife with descriptions and nothing else. I've come across a few books watching movies based off them was a more productive activity.

By the way, even if it is just to improve vocabulary, that in itself is not a bad reason to read.
Not enough reason to spend hours and/or days on a book when I can pick a dictionary, word processor, type a word, find its meaning and locate synonyms.

How many of students of nowadays cannot construct correct sentences; maybe if they have been reading, they would have fared better.
I keep hearing this but feel it's an exaggerated situation. Majority of nairalanders who have spent more than a year here have improved drastically in both vocabulary and grammar. Keep an eye out and you'd notice this. A lot of them signed in with mediocre English skills. Why not improve grammar while having fun reading others' experiences? I followed the same thought when learning a few skills.

So in the long analysis, reading books is good and beneficial. My opinion.
Beneficial as watching movies and playing video games. The only problem is Nigerian parents see no problem with children wasting time reading books but always voice opinions seeing them perform other activities.
Books are not the only means to an end in developing healthy imaginations in children and young adults, other activities play the same role to a lesser and sometimes more extent.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by iaminspired: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
movmentish:
1) The prince
2) 48 laws of power
3) Art of war
4) Rich dad poor dad
5) Lord of the flies

With the books you read. You will be good at manipulating people to achieve your desire

Tiri gbosa 4 u
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
slurryeye:
Why before turning 25?

Does it mean if you read any of the book after turning 25, you'll run mad?

Very gud question!
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by calliope(f): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You read am finish still dey do MMM? Na wa oo.

Azin eh?! Lol
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by movmentish(m): 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2016
iaminspired:

With the books you read. You will be good at manipulating people to achieve your desire

Tiri gbosa 4 u
Isnt that the primary essence of knowledge?
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by iaminspired: 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
All these books are connected and they serve one purpose; New age. I would rather read my bible and get closer to God. The bible through the inspiration of the holy spirit, provides a lot more dan those books would.

Yes until you are renewed with the word of God, reading those books turns to waste.
When you create a man without the word of God, you have just created a monster

His word is spirit n life

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by iaminspired: 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
movmentish:

Isnt that the primary essence of knowledge?

To manipulate People

Am already seeing the effect of that book 48 laws of power and that art of war. It z well.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by tk4rd: 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
I would order and buy these books for myself and my future kids. **For the meantime, are they downloadable online??
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Tobycharles: 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
U don't av to read all these books before n after u are 25, cos life drama present itself as a movie which you learn from n can't watch till end.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by BossDanniee(m): 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
hopsydboi please provide link 2 download them
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Arsenalboi: 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
Power of positive thinking by Norman Vincent Pearle. Think big by Ben Carson. Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill . 48 Laws of power by Robert Greene . The Holy Bible KJV

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by movmentish(m): 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
iaminspired:

To manipulate People

Am already seeing the effect of that book 48 laws of power and that art of war. It z well.
Its not manipulative in the real sense of it, its just knowledge is for the betterment of he who posseses it. You dont agree?
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by NigPatriot(m): 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
This book is a must read !!!!! Real life changer

Mekulz:
PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE- RICK WARREN

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Stanbeto: 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
Good one Friends
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by kwynette(f): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
I've read four out of these 5 books and I'm still as clueless af

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Tamzblaze(m): 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
I'm reading all tonight,coz I'm turning "25" tomorrow grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by kayo80(m): 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

my brother God will bless you immensley for this post
I was discussing this with a friend of mine
The guy reads these stupid books, graduated with a 2.1 yet lacks wisdom.
Recently he was swindled off about 800k of his savings in one of those network marketing schemes. I tried to warn him. Im not a 2.1 nor do I touch those books but I could smell the scam a mile away. I warned him he was busy quoting 48laws of power and rich dad poor dad for me grin grin
I never heard Bill gates or Mark Zuckerberg or any successful man say he got successful reading those books. But I know lots of people who got successful writing and selling those books.
In fact shey the rich dad poor dad author recently filed for bankrupcy...

lol! That's true.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by shobam1410(m): 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
All these books are available with these guys for cheap and much more.
Check them out.

Charis Ebook Centre is the Largest digital bookstore in Nigeria.

ANY eBOOK by ANY AUTHOR in ANY AREA is AVAILABLE in our e-store. Contact us Via Whatsapp 07051505626 or Call 08189300870.

Charis Ebook Centre....Lighting the FIRE of KNOWLEDGE & SUPERNATURAL ENCOUNTERS.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Senorprinz(m): 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
awakeuche:
Read them all and more..... I personally thought kiyosaki's rich dad poor dad was a load of crap and totally overhyped, he kept blabbing about real estate
he was talking as if capital will fall down like manna from heaven.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by kayo80(m): 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
vodutive:
If your life ambition is to be a thug and you plan to end up in jail, you can read this book.

LMAO!
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Isaacmacdon(m): 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
iaminspired:

Yes until you are renewed with the word of God, reading those books turns to waste.
When you create a man without the word of God, you have just created a monster

His word is spirit n life
My point exactly. You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Tapalos: 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
All these books are available with these guys for cheap and much more.
Check them out.

Charis Ebook Centre is the Largest digital bookstore in Nigeria.

ANY eBOOK by ANY AUTHOR in ANY AREA is AVAILABLE in our e-store. Contact us Via Whatsapp 07051505626 or Call 08189300870.

Charis Ebook Centre....Lighting the FIRE of KNOWLEDGE & SUPERNATURAL ENCOUNTERS.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by DerrickzB: 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
slurryeye:

Better go Ghana, hope dey there small

Lolz.. no be me n u oh.... anyhow naija go better.. make u self go cotonuo
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Isaacmacdon(m): 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
jeezzy:
And I strongly agree with you
I'm elated. Its nice to know.
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by styless(f): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by mylove4God(f): 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
Reading is one part, putting it into practice is another. If you read without trying to practice, wetin you read no go work

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by dorox10: 9:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
Op abeg if u get any of these books for pdf abeg send them to me on WhatsApp on 07035838949 thanks
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by idesylvester(m): 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
what of those that r above 25, what do u think they should read... abi Na to reduce age
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Franky826: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
swann:
I've read no 1,2 and 5.

the rules of enterpreneurship by Rob yeung.
emotional intelligence by Daniel Coleman

That emotional intelligence nawaooo
It's kinda tiring for me I've been reading it for 3weeks now and still haven't finished. The write up just kept connecting and disconnecting for me. If not for kiyosaki that recommended it am long gone to another book.

Meanwhile it's Goleman not 'C' cheesy
Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by Franky826: 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
kwynette:
I've read four out of these 5 books and I'm still as clueless af

And they didn't tell you the village people doing you haff all join bad gang

undecided

Oya hanlele!!! Out of this thread

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old by tex25: 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
Highly Recommended! kiss

Bryan12:
Think and grow rich by napoloen hill

Also, Rich Mind Rich Man by Coert Coetzee

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Marital Vice / TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.