Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism (13227 Views)

Islam Doesn't Teach Terrorism, Clarification Of The Quoted Qur'an Verses / Why Muslims Should Never Have To Apologize For Terrorism - By Omar Alnatour / Wahhabism/Salafism, Terrorism, Takfiri Killings,Suicide Bombing And Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by BeansAndBread(m): 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
The word “Wahhabism” has become a boogeyman in the West, deemed responsible for the radicalization of Muslims around the world. And since Wahhabism is a strain of Islam that has its origins in the Arabian Peninsula and is the dominant religious doctrine of Saudi Arabia, that country is often viewed as the prime culprit in the propagation of violent extremism.

But blaming Wahhabism and Saudi Arabia for Islamist radicalism is a dangerous red herring. This single-cause explanation distracts from the complex political, economic and psychological reasons people join terrorist groups. In doing so, it impedes our ability to effectively fight terrorism.

Wahhabism is, in fact, a loaded, anti-Saudi synonym for Salafism, a puritanical strain of Islam that encourages emulating the “salaf,” or predecessors, the first followers of the Prophet Muhammad. Salafism has historically been apolitical and the overwhelming majority of Salafis are not violent.

Most Islamist militants have nothing to do with Saudi Wahhabism. The Taliban, for example, are Deobandis, a revivalist, anti-imperialist strain of Islam that emerged as a reaction to British colonialism in South Asia.Most members of Al Qaeda follow a radical current that emerged from the Muslim Brotherhood, a movement that defined itself largely in relation and opposition to the West and its values. While some terrorists do identify as Salafi, Islamic sects that are ideologically opposed to Salafism — Naqshbandi Sufis and Shiites, among others — have engaged in violent jihad in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria.

And yet much of the Western news media and far too many pundits put forward a different picture entirely, pinning the blame for terrorism on Wahhabi ideology emanating from Saudi Arabia. These arguments lead one to imagine that European terrorists end up joining the Islamic State by wandering the streets of Paris or Brussels and stumbling upon a Saudi-funded mosque. In this mosque, they read a single book, “The Book of Monotheism,” by Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhab, the 18th-century sheikh who founded Wahhabism. A week later, the book’s fundamentalist message inspires them to travel to Syria’s front lines or to plot terrorist attacks in Europe.

The reality is much more complex. Most of the perpetrators of terrorist attacks in Europe have been petty criminals who were known to drink alcohol and take drugs. Their radicalization has little to do with theology. Some European Muslims reportedly purchased books like “Islam for Dummies” before embarking on journeys to take part in jihad in Syria. What they all have in common is a belief that the Muslim world and the West are locked in an irreconcilable clash of civilizations.

It is similarly inaccurate to condemn Wahhabism or Saudi Salafism for the jihadist groups that have emerged in the Arab world in recent years. Tunisians account for the largest foreign population in the Islamic State. The group’s top ranks emerged from Iraq. Syria, of course, is a hotbed of jihadists of all stripes. And yet, these countries until recently were ruled by secular dictators, who banned Saudi missionary activities and, in the case of Iraq and Syria, viewed Saudi Arabia as an adversary.

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia has been engaged in missionary activities in India, building mosques, schools and social service centers. And yet barely any jihadists have emerged from among India’s population of more than 170 million Muslims.

The revival of a politicized form of radical Islam, which has been taking place in the Arab world since the 1970s, is not driven just by ideology, but by the failure of Arab governments to meet the expectations of their own populations and the brutal reprisals they have employed to quell demands for better, more transparent governance. Like the social and psychological alienation that drives some European Muslims to join extremist groups, this root cause must be addressed in order to truly fight terrorism.

There is no doubt that while certain strains of Salafism are intolerant, intolerance does not necessarily lead to terrorism. Ideological intolerance is a problem in its own right, one that carries risks and dangers and requires its own treatments. But conflating its dangers with the causes of violent extremism can diminish the effectiveness of serious counterterrorism efforts.

It is Saudi Arabia — the country accused of promoting ideas that lead to violent extremism — that has effectively harnessed religion to fight radicalism. Saudi Arabia has fought Al Qaeda not only operationally, but also by countering its ideology with religious arguments. Scholars have been mobilized to condemn both terrorist acts and rhetoric. Salafi scholars have been instrumental in the success of the rehabilitation programs for those convicted of aiding and abetting terrorism.

In the 1990s, Saudi Arabia’s grand mufti, Abdul Aziz ibn Baz, issued a fatwa condemning suicide operations. The current grand mufti, Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah al-Sheikh, is also on record advocating against Saudis’ joining groups fighting overseas and, in keeping with traditional Salafi teachings, has called on all Muslims to remain obedient to the legitimate leader’s dictates and avoid any form of organized political activism.

Blaming Wahhabism or Salafism for violent radicalism is not merely an intellectual slip or an injustice to Salafis, it is a distortion that stands to obstruct fighting violent radicalism and understanding its causes. Any religious ideology adopted by radicals is often a mask for other issues. Blaming or even destroying an ideology like Salafism will not end radicalism.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/20/opinion/dont-blame-wahhabism-for-terrorism.html?_r=1

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2016
jazakAllaah brother!
I love your signature, might have to adopt it!

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by BeansAndBread(m): 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
lexiconkabir:
jazakAllaah brother!

I love your signature, might have to adopt it!
No problem!
Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Nadheer15: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
angry grin
Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Demmzy15(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2016
I think this is a front page worthy material, it clears alot of misconceptions.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Empiree: 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
All they need is cut the ties with the West and the rest is solved. The problem is not Saudi Shuyuk but the Royals. Very important to distinguish btw the two. But unfortunately, it is hard thing to do. The royal family has a very strong alliance with the West (British) bcus they created them to begin with. Hence, there will always be "unbreakable" alliance btw the two. It is the same powerful force which created the state of Israel. So there is a common alliance btw British, US, Saudi and Israel. Saudi Shyuk however do not always agree with them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by BeansAndBread(m): 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
Empiree:
All they need is cut the ties with the West and the rest is solved. The problem is not Saudi Shuyuk but the Royals. Very important to distinguish btw the two. But unfortunately, it is hard thing to do. The royal family has a very strong alliance with the West (British) bcus they created them to begin with. Hence, there will always be "unbreakable" alliance btw the two. It is the same powerful force which created the state of Israel. So there is a common alliance btw British, US, Saudi and Israel. Saudi Shyuk however do not always agree with them.
Salam Aleikom, please can you explain what you mean as per the underlined? And please, don't base what you say on conspiracy theories but on facts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Empiree: 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
BeansAndBread:
Salam Aleikom, please can you explain what you mean as per the underlined? And please, don't base what you say on conspiracy theories but on facts.
Walaikum Sallam. Please i don't have time for this. Dont tell me you have eyes but cant see. There are conspiracies. YES. And there are obvious facts. You either admit what i posted or if you want to dig, you will see lots of dirty stuff which i am not interested at this point Why pretending like there is no alliance btw West and Royal family?. You disappointed me really. I just read another one today.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by BeansAndBread(m): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
Empiree:
Walaikum Sallam. Please i don't have time for this. Dont tell me you have eyes but cant see. There are conspiracies. YES. And there are obvious facts. You either admit what i posted or if you want to dig, you will see lots of dirty stuff which i am not interested at this point Why pretending like there is no alliance btw West and Royal family?. You disappointed me really. I just read another one today.
I'm sorry if my question annoyed you, I never meant it that way. Saudi Arabia as a country has dealings with Britain, France, Germany, US just as every other Muslim country out there does. So I don't understand what you mean by that statement.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Empiree: 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
BeansAndBread:
I'm sorry if my question annoyed you, I never meant it that way. Saudi Arabia as a country has dealings with Britain, France, Germany, US just as every other Muslim country out there does. So I don't understand what you mean by that statement.
No, this is not what I am talking about. Islam does not in anyway forbids mutual and friendly trades with non-muslims. That's not the point here. Yes, every country has friendly ties somehow. But in this context we are talking about ALLIANCE. This is different. This is what Islam forbids. This is what i derived from your op unless you did not mean it that way. There is difference between alliance and common friendship and trade. Majority Sunni countries (not the people) have entered "unholy alliance" which Allah forbids.

Again, unless you did not mean it this way in your op, then, am sorry. But your op suggests this. Let me give you example. Alliance is a formidable relationship btw two parties.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by BeansAndBread(m): 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
Empiree:
No, this is not what I am talking about. Islam does not in anyway forbids mutual and friendly trades with non-muslims. That's not the point here. Yes, every country has friendly ties somehow. But in this context we are talking about ALLIANCE. This is different. This is what Islam forbids. This is what i derived from your op unless you did not mean it that way. There is difference between alliance and common friendship and trade. Majority Sunni countries (not the people) have entered "unholy alliance" which Allah forbids.

Again, unless you did not mean it this way in your op, then, am sorry. But your op suggests this. Let me give you example. Alliance is a formidable relationship btw two parties.
This statement of yours is what is disturbing, "The royal family has a very strong alliance with the West (British) bcus they created them to begin with. Hence, there will always be "unbreakable" alliance btw the two. It is the same powerful force which created the state of Israel. So there is a common alliance btw British, US, Saudi and Israel." to me it makes absolutely no sense.

I want you to be clear, you might be surprised that I don't fully grasp what you're trying to say here.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Empiree: 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
BeansAndBread:

This statement of yours is what is disturbing, "The royal family has a very strong alliance with the West (British) bcus they created them to begin with. Hence, there will always be "unbreakable" alliance btw the two. It is the same powerful force which created the state of Israel. So there is a common alliance btw British, US, Saudi and Israel." to me it makes absolutely no sense.

I want you to be clear, you might be surprised that I don't fully grasp what you're trying to say here.
See highlighted part?, that's the problem. I rather keep mute cus keep talking about this is like talking to the wall. You can not understand what you dont know. I wanted to post highlights from article that was posted yesterday by Yahoo, but since you dont seem to understand what I am saying it is pointless to do so now. It wont make sense to you as you rightly said. Let's just leave it. There are those who understand me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by usmanktg2(m): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2016
OP is blind to Islamic History. Wahhabism is the fundamental base of all terrorists attack since the advent of the 20th century.

The most peaceful Islam is the Traditional Sufism which came together with our Islam here in Nigeria prominently by Shaykh Uthman Bn Fodio (Qadiriyya) and Shaykh Umar Futi (Tijjaniyya)

Wahhabism got rid of the Spiritual dimension of Islam for selfish interest to denounce the Ottoman Caliphate, leaving Islam with nothing but mere theories.

Read up فتنة الوهابية and الصواعق الإلهية.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by MakeWeTalk: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2016
A muslim tells you where violence comes from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_K0BWC8xYo

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by HAH: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2016
If you want to have a clear view about the history of wahabism and it spread read below, personally I see them as genesis of Terrorism in islam

Wahhabism (Arabic: الوهابية‎‎, al-Wahhābiya(h)) or Wahhabi mission[1] (/wəˈhɑːbi, wɑː-/;[2] Arabic: الدعوة الوهابية‎‎, ad-Da'wa al-Wahhābiya(h) ) is a religious movement or branch of Sunni Islam.[3][4][5][6] It has been variously described as "ultraconservative",[7] "austere",[3] "fundamentalist",[8] or "puritan(ical)"[9][10] and as an Islamic "tore "pure monotheistic worship" (tawhid) by scholars and advocates,[11] and as a distortion of Islam by its opponents.[3][12] The term Wahhabi(ism) is often used polemically and adherents commonly reject its use, preferring to be called Salafi or muwahhid.[13][14][15] The movement emphasises the principle of tawhid[16] (the "uniqueness" and "unity" of God).[17] Its principal influences include Ahmad ibn Hanbal (780–855) and Ibn Taymiyyah (1263–1328).[18]

Wahhabism is named after an eighteenth-century preacher and scholar, Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (1703–1792).[19] He started a revivalist movement in the remote, sparsely populated region of Najd,[20] advocating a purging of practices such as the popular "cult of saints", and shrine and tomb visitation, widespread among Muslims, but which he considered idolatry (shirk), impurities and innovations in Islam (Bid'ah).[5][17] Eventually he formed a pact with a local leader Muhammad bin Saud offering political obedience and promising that protection and propagation of the Wahhabi movement mean "power and glory" and rule of "lands and men."[21]

The alliance between followers of ibn Abd al-Wahhab and Muhammad bin Saud's successors (the House of Saud) proved to be a durable one. The House of Saud continued to maintain its politico-religious alliance with the Wahhabi sect through the waxing and waning of its own political fortunes over the next 150 years, through to its eventual proclamation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1932, and then afterwards, on into modern times. Today Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab's teachings are the official, state-sponsored form of Sunni Islam[3][22] in Saudi Arabia.[23] With the help of funding from Saudi petroleum exports[24] (and other factors[25]), the movement underwent "explosive growth" beginning in the 1970s and now has worldwide influence.[3]

The "boundaries" of Wahhabism have been called "difficult to pinpoint",[26] but in contemporary usage, the terms Wahhabi and Salafi are often used interchangeably, and they are considered to be movements with different roots that have merged since the 1960s.[27][28][29] However, Wahhabism has also been called "a particular orientation within Salafism",[30] or an ultra-conservative, Saudi brand of Salafism.[31][32] Estimates of the number of adherents to Wahhabism vary, with one source (Mehrdad Izady) giving a figure of fewer than 5 million Wahhabis in the Persian Gulf region (compared to 28.5 million Sunnis and 89 million Shia).[23][33]

Many Sunni and Shia Muslims disagree with the Wahhabi movement, and a widely circulated conspiracy theory holds it to have been a product of British secret service efforts for causing the demise of the Ottoman empire.[34] Ulema, including Al-Azhar ma, including Al-Azhar scholars, regularly denounce Wahhabism in terms such as "Satanic faith".[34] Wahhabism has been accused of being "a source of global terrorism",[35][36] inspiring the ideology of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL),[37] and for causing disunity in Muslim communities by labelling Muslims who disagreed with the Wahhabi definition of monotheism as apostates[38] (takfir) and justifying their killing.[39][40][41] It has also been criticized for the destruction of historic mazaars, mausoleums, and other Muslim and non-Muslim buildings and artifacts.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by IBROHIM: 11:57am On Oct 28, 2016
Empiree:
See highlighted part?, that's the problem. I rather keep mute cus keep talking about this is like talking to the wall. You can not understand what you dont know. I wanted to post highlights from article that was posted yesterday by Yahoo, but since you dont seem to understand what I am saying it is pointless to do so now. It wont make sense to you as you rightly said. Let's just leave it. There are those who understand me.
please don't be upset with the way he put it! Kindly enlighten us about the unholy alliance! Thanks
Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by usmanktg2(m): 11:58am On Oct 28, 2016
I wonder how will an educated Muslim use all his effort to defend a dangerous movement like Wahhabism as if all his life defend on them. Wahhabist don't bother about you nor your religion.

Read, read and read.
Don't politicise everything. Practice your Islam clean and pure, life is too short.

Islam is simple, Please wahhabist don't make it complicated.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Ahmadabd(m): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
usmanktg2:
OP is blind to Islamic History. Wahhabism is the fundamental base of all terrorists attack since the advent of the 20th century.

The most peaceful Islam is the Traditional Sufism which came together with our Islam here in Nigeria prominently by Shaykh Uthman Bn Fodio (Qadiriyya) and Shaykh Umar Futi (Tijjaniyya)

Wahhabism got rid of the Spiritual dimension of Islam for selfish interest to denounce the Ottoman Caliphate, leaving Islam with nothing but mere theories.

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Ahmadabd(m): 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
usmanktg2:

you are a joker

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by ArcIbrahim38(m): 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
Empiree:

What do you mean by British created Saudi Arabia, go and check your history please. S A has nothing in common with the way Israel was created.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
HAH:

Wahhabism (Arabic: الوهابية‎‎, al-Wahhābiya(h)) or Wahhabi mission[1] (/wəˈhɑːbi, wɑː-/;[2] Arabic: الدعوة الوهابية‎‎, ad-Da'wa al-Wahhābiya(h) ) is a religious movement or branch of Sunni Islam.[3][4][5][6] It has been variously described as "ultraconservative",[7] "austere",[3] "fundamentalist",[8] or "puritan(ical)"[9][10] and as an Islamic "tore "pure monotheistic worship" (tawhid) by scholars and advocates,[11] and as a distortion of Islam by its opponents.[3][12] The term Wahhabi(ism) is often used polemically and adherents commonly reject its use, preferring to be called Salafi or muwahhid.[13][14][15] The movement emphasises the principle of tawhid[16] (the "uniqueness" and "unity" of God).[17] Its principal influences include Ahmad ibn Hanbal (780–855) and Ibn Taymiyyah (1263–1328).[18]

Wahhabism is named after an eighteenth-century preacher and scholar, Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (1703–1792).[19] He started a revivalist movement in the remote, sparsely populated region of Najd,[20] advocating a purging of practices such as the popular "cult of saints", and shrine and tomb visitation, widespread among Muslims, but which he considered idolatry (shirk), impurities and innovations in Islam (Bid'ah).[5][17] Eventually he formed a pact with a local leader Muhammad bin Saud offering political obedience and promising that protection and propagation of the Wahhabi movement mean "power and glory" and rule of "lands and men."[21]

The alliance between followers of ibn Abd al-Wahhab and Muhammad bin Saud's successors (the House of Saud) proved to be a durable one. The House of Saud continued to maintain its politico-religious alliance with the Wahhabi sect through the waxing and waning of its own political fortunes over the next 150 years, through to its eventual proclamation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1932, and then afterwards, on into modern times. Today Ibn Abd Al-Wahhab's teachings are the official, state-sponsored form of Sunni Islam[3][22] in Saudi Arabia.[23] With the help of funding from Saudi petroleum exports[24] (and other factors[25]), the movement underwent "explosive growth" beginning in the 1970s and now has worldwide influence.[3]

The "boundaries" of Wahhabism have been called "difficult to pinpoint",[26] but in contemporary usage, the terms Wahhabi and Salafi are often used interchangeably, and they are considered to be movements with different roots that have merged since the 1960s.[27][28][29] However, Wahhabism has also been called "a particular orientation within Salafism",[30] or an ultra-conservative, Saudi brand of Salafism.[31][32] Estimates of the number of adherents to Wahhabism vary, with one source (Mehrdad Izady) giving a figure of fewer than 5 million Wahhabis in the Persian Gulf region (compared to 28.5 million Sunnis and 89 million Shia).[23][33]

Many Sunni and Shia Muslims disagree with the Wahhabi movement, and a widely circulated conspiracy theory holds it to have been a product of British secret service efforts for causing the demise of the Ottoman empire.[34] Ulema, including Al-Azhar ma, including Al-Azhar scholars, regularly denounce Wahhabism in terms such as "Satanic faith".[34] Wahhabism has been accused of being "a source of global terrorism",[35][36] inspiring the ideology of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL),[37] and for causing disunity in Muslim communities by labelling Muslims who disagreed with the Wahhabi definition of monotheism as apostates[38] (takfir) and justifying their killing.[39][40][41] It has also been criticized for the destruction of historic mazaars, mausoleums, and other Muslim and non-Muslim buildings and artifacts.

Seriously? Wikipedia?
Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
usmanktg2:
I wonder how will an educated Muslim use all his effort to defend a dangerous movement like Wahhabism as if all his life defend on them. Wahhabist don't bother about you nor your religion.

Read, read and read.
Don't politicise everything. Practice your Islam clean and pure, life is too short.

Islam is simple, Please wahhabist don't make it complicated.

Who are the "wahhabists"?
Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by HAH: 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
I can see the Wahabist on this thread are seriously trying to distance their sect with terrorism.

Ask anyone, ISIS, Alqaeda, Alshabab, Boko Haram etc are all wahabist.

So any adherent to wahabism is a potential terrorist.

Beware of them

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Kamikaze42: 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
A very little knowledge of Islam from the right sources would help you clear your misconceptions about 'Wahabbism'.

Wahabbism is just a name coined by academists to describe classical Islam ie the real Islam that has been forgotten and it had absolutely nothing to do with terrorism and violence seen today.

Talking about Saudi Arabia being at the fore front of Terrorism via their Wahabbism ideology is also being ignorant and taking information from Western sources hook line and sinker.

Learn Islam from Islamic scholars and not from Wikipedia.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
[size=21]THE "WAHHABI" MYTH[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgVvsIjWI3g

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
HAH:
I can see the Wahabist on this thread are seriously trying to distance their sect with terrorism.

Ask anyone, ISIS, Alqaeda, Alshabab, Boko Haram etc are all wahabist.

So any adherent to wahabism is a potential terrorist.

Beware of them

Ittaqullaah! Fear Allaah!

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
DOWNLOAD THE WAHHABI MYTH BY JAMES OLIVER

THE BOOK IS FOR ANY TRUTH SEEKER ABOUT "WAHHABISM"

All i can tell those brothers trying to paint "wahhabists" as bad people forgetting that one of Allaah names is Al-WAHHAB is to fear Allaah! Fear Allaah!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by HAH: 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Ittaqullaah! Fear Allaah!

My brother I fear Allah, and I love islam but pain is the bad name wahabist|salafist have brought this lovely religion through their terrorist activities, sadly non Muslim cannot distinguish us.

If the way the wahabis are professing islam is the way usman bin fodio followed it won't have spread to our land.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
HAH:

My brother I fear Allah, and I love islam but pain is the bad name wahabist|salafist have brought this lovely religion through their terrorist activities, sadly non Muslim cannot distinguish us.

If the way the wahabis are professing islam is the way usman bin fodio followed is won't have spread to our land.

Kindly read this book if you really love islam as you claim WAHHABI MYTH BY JAMES OLIVER
Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by HAH: 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
lexiconkabir:
DOWNLOAD THE WAHHABI MYTH BY JAMES OLIVER

THE BOOK IS FOR ANY TRUTH SEEKER ABOUT "WAHHABISM"

All i can tell those brothers trying to paint "wahhabists" as bad people forgetting that one of Allaah names is Al-WAHHAB is to fear Allaah! Fear Allaah!

My brother don't miss educate people, the term WAHABISM came because of its founder Mohammad abdulwahab.

Saudi adopted his doctrine of extremism when he had agreement with founder of saudi Mohammad bin Saud that he will help in giving him political power but religious authority will be with him and his followers and that is why up till today they follow the wahabism

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by usmanktg2(m): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ahmadabd:
you are a joker

Surah Al-Maeda, Verse 58:
وَإِذَا نَادَيْتُمْ إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ اتَّخَذُوهَا هُزُوًا وَلَعِبًا ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَوْمٌ لَّا يَعْقِلُونَ

And when you call to prayer they make it a mockery and a joke; this is because they are a people who do not understand.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
HAH:

My brother don't miss educate people, the term WAHABISM came because of its founder Mohammad abdulwahab.

Saudi adopted his doctrine of extremism when he had agreement with founder of saudi Mohammad bin Saud that he will help in giving him political power but religious authority will be with him and his followers and that is why up till today they follow the wahabism

The people you call wahhabist, do they call themselves wahhabists?

If you seek truth read that book, its not up to 170pgs

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Don't Really Like Eating Sahur / Tahajjud / The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.