Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos (774 Views)

Panic As Train Derails In Agege Area Of Lagos. See Photos / Train Derails In A Forest In Kwara, Passengers Stranded (Photos) / Kano Bound Train Derails In Osogbo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos by 004gist: 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2016
At least three people were killed and others were injured when a packed passenger train traveling between Cameroon's capital, Yaounde, and the port city of Douala derailed and overturned on Friday, witnesses said.
"There are many injured. We are still in the phase of evaluating the situation. We cannot give even a provisional toll," said an official for national rail company Camrail, who asked not to be named.
"There was a loud noise. I looked back and the wagons behind us left the rails and started rolling over and over. There was a lot of smoke," said a Reuters journalist travelling in a wagon near the front of the train.
Camrail, which is operated by France's Bollore Railways , confirmed via its official Facebook page that an incident had occurred near the train station in the town of Eseka, around 120 km west of Yaounde.
The company said it had sent teams to the site.

http://www.fastdatashare.com/2016/10/at-least-3-dead-after-packed-passenger.html

Re: At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos by 004gist: 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2016

Re: At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos by HQuadreal: 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
God have mercy.
Re: At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos by ademasta(m): 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
Jesu shocked
Re: At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos by Qmerit(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
Chiso...
May their soul RIP.
Re: At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos by AsassinMc(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2016
I'm Cameroonian. actually its 55 dead and counting....and over 600 seriously injured . its was a Black Friday over here.
Also, the highway linking Douala and Yaounde suddenly developed a mysterious hole of several meters thereby halting transport and unfortunately stealing some precious Cameroonian lives in the process. God help Cameroon
I wish we could blame Boko Haram for this.!! angry
Re: At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos by ifyalways(f): 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
AsassinMc:
I'm Cameroonian. actually its 55 dead and counting....and over 600 seriously injured . its was a Black Friday over here.
Also, the highway linking Douala and Yaounde suddenly developed a mysterious hole of several meters thereby halting transport and unfortunately stealing some precious Cameroonian lives in the process. God help Cameroon
I wish we could blame Boko Haram for this.!! angry

Very unfortunate. What could be the cause of the derail?
Re: At Least 3 Dead After Packed Passenger Train Derails In Cameroon. Photos by AsassinMc(m): 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
the train wagons were old and outdated and were not properly maintained. the train route itself was a mess.
Above all the train was terribly overloaded
. It was normally supposed to carry a maximum of 600 passengers but there were more than 1300 passengers on board
.Right now casualties are reaching an alarming figure. some sources are putting the number of dead at .300 .
I spoke to a friend who was fortunate to survive. he thinks the casualties may even be more. #terrible

(1) (Reply)

Final Year Student Of Uni Ogun Crushed To Death By Truck, Graphic / Pls Help If You Are In Benin City, Edo State........ / Inside The World’s Largest Star-rated Flying Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.