Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,108 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review (22525 Views)

Does Tecno Camon CX Support Glo 4G? / Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2016
ColeworldMD:
makes sense. Looking forward to that. Any news on airtel 4G?
I haven't heard anything from airtel concerning 4G
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 9:58am On Oct 24, 2016
Dam5reey:

Yeah
Currently using the MTN 4G MIFI unlocked...

It supports.... MTN 4G, Smile 4G, NTEL 4G, Etisalat 4G.... All these network are readily available..

Then any another 3G network......
still waiting for Etisalat in Abuja undecided
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by olurotimi1: 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
Dam5reey:

Yeah
Currently using the MTN 4G MIFI unlocked...

It supports.... MTN 4G, Smile 4G, NTEL 4G, Etisalat 4G.... All these network are readily available..

Then any another 3G network......
whats the brand and model of mtn 4g mifi, can it be unlocked?i think I should go for it.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by lexrichy(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
oboy this glo 4g rocks mehnn.... just too fast.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
lexrichy:
badt guy cheesy w/in 3 minutes of activating plan you don start dey download walking shocked
But seriously to think the max I ever got on glo was 2.50 Mbps. I'm rocking glo for now. What's ur Speedtest and location?

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by lexrichy(m): 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
ColeworldMD:
badt guy cheesy w/in 3 minutes of activating plan you don start dey download walking shocked
But seriously to think the max I ever got on glo was 2.50 Mbps. I'm rocking glo for now. What's ur Speedtest and location?
omo guy my blood dey hot since to test run this thing ooo grin. i got 44mbps location is Benin. is there any way we can use uchandler cheat with this glo 4g i need to tap small na.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Dam5reey(m): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
olurotimi1:
whats the brand and model of mtn 4g mifi, can it be unlocked?i think I should go for it.

Huawei E5573s -320.... Unlocked at Ikeja 2k...

1 Share

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
lexrichy:
omo guy my blood dey hot since to test run this thing ooo grin. i got 44mbps location is Benin. is there any way we can use uchandler cheat with this glo 4g i need to tap small na.
haba now. Glo get the cheapest rates make we free dem. Na MTN n airtel we suppose dey target. Haha
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
dustmalik:

I haven't heard anything from airtel concerning 4G
any luck getting the modem?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
ColeworldMD:
any luck getting the modem?
I went to gsm village earlier in the day, but i couldn't find the guy, and a few people i know over there told me no one sells mifi there. And i couldn't locate him using the description you gave me. I wish you had his number.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
dustmalik:

I went to gsm village earlier in the day, but i couldn't find the guy, and a few people i know over there told me no one sells mifi there. And i couldn't locate him using the description you gave me. I wish you had his number.
my description must have been terrible, my bad. Next option is  OLX. Lemme see if I can get a contact for u.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
ColeworldMD:
my description must have been terrible, my bad. Next option is  OLX. Lemme see if I can get a contact for u.
Alright, thanks.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Akamo5(m): 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
pls guys let someone confirm for me if d mtn mifi supports band 28.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 12:38am On Oct 25, 2016
Akamo5:
pls guys let someone confirm for me if d mtn mifi supports band 28.
No, it doesn't.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 7:33am On Oct 25, 2016
Dam5reey:

Huawei E5573s -320.... Unlocked at Ikeja 2k...
So, i bought two mtn MiFis yesterday. I didn't get to use them yesterday, but this morning when i tried to check the data balance on both of them, i saw only 10gb. To be precise, 10240mb.

I plan on taking them to their office this morning, and demand that they add the remaining 10gb. Did you experience this?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Youngpo413: 8:06am On Oct 25, 2016
lexrichy:
my samsung A8 2015 doesn't support band 28,so I can't use glo, I'm planning to opt for the mifi since it's cheaper compared to another phone.. Please what is the model of your smartphone?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 11:30am On Oct 25, 2016
dustmalik:

So, i bought two mtn MiFis yesterday. I didn't get to use them yesterday, but this morning when i tried to check the data balance on both of them, i saw only 10gb. To be precise, 10240mb.

I plan on taking them to their office this morning, and demand that they add the remaining 10gb. Did you experience this?
u finally got the modem. Does it support glo 4G ?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by lexrichy(m): 11:46am On Oct 25, 2016
Youngpo413:
my samsung A8 2015 doesn't support band 28,so I can't use glo, I'm planning to opt for the mifi since it's cheaper compared to another phone.. Please what is the model of your smartphone?
pop 4 plus.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by LaconicINC: 12:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Smartlife:

What's the device name and for how much
here

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
ColeworldMD:
u finally got the modem. Does it support glo 4G ?
No, that's for mtn. I still want the E5573-606 which is compatible with Glo. MTN issues E5573-320, which isn't compatible with GLO. If i get the E5573s-606 today, i will buy it. I might check a few other places for it today.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Dam5reey(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
dustmalik:

I did not buy from MTN... I bought the unlocked one then purchased the LTE sim from MTN....

Seem your data was activated before you insert and put on the sim... In this case you get 10GB

You must activate the line then you get the double data offer.. then activate the 10GB double offer
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
dustmalik:

No, that's for mtn. I still want the E5573-606 which is compatible with Glo. MTN issues E5573-320, which isn't compatible with GLO. If i get the E5573s-606 today, i will buy it. I might check a few other places for it today.
if u can meet me in jabi I'll take you to the guy that sells them.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by duwdu: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
Dam5reey:

I did not buy from MTN... I bought the unlocked one then purchased the LTE sim from MTN....

Seem your data was activated before you insert and put on the sim... In this case you get 10GB

You must activate the line then you get the double data offer.. then activate the 10GB double offer

Hmm... This doesn't add up, in my view. The double data offer is for new (or older but tweaked - *wink* ) devices only, and for six months max. MTN advertises the MiFi + 20 GB data for a total of N10k, and no mention of some double data activation ish whatsoever. [I got the invite text from MTN for the MiFi bundle offer myself.]

Bottom line: dustmalik has a solid, direct case, and will probably succeed getting MTN to keep their word. MTN's known to mix up issues when it comes to offers, anyways, and have had to be pushed to fully redeem some of their offers, especially of recent. Good luck redeeming the rest of the data, dustmalik - for the sake of the rest of us.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by duwdu: 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
Dam5reey:

How much did the unlocked MiFi cost you, please, and which specific model is it?

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by duwdu: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Dear All; Which specific model(s) of MiFi is Glo offering, please? I'd like to be able to check out the full list of the LTE Bands any of the MiFi's supports. TIA.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Dam5reey(m): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
duwdu:

Hmm... This doesn't add up, in my view. The double data offer is for new (or older but tweaked - *wink* ) devices only, and for six months max. MTN advertises the MiFi + 20 GB data for a total of N10k, and no mention of some double data activation ish whatsoever. [I got the invite text from MTN for the MiFi bundle offer myself.]

Bottom line: dustmalik has a solid, direct case, and will probably succeed getting MTN to keep their word. MTN's known to mix up issues when it comes to offers, anyways, and have had to be pushed to fully redeem some of their offers, especially of recent. Good luck redeeming the rest of the data, dustmalik - for the sake of the rest of us.

P34c3

I just explained my Own experience...
He need to open the sim insert at the spot then he will receive double data sms then the rep will then activate the 10GB... That's the process MTN does not have 20 GB plan
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
ColeworldMD:
I'm at work now. As soon as I'm free, I'll contact you. Thank you very much.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
Dam5reey:

I went back to their office to make a complaint. They said that they would escalate the issue and that it would be resolved within 24hrs.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Dam5reey(m): 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
dustmalik:

I went back to their office to make a complaint. They said that they would escalate the issue and that it would be resolved within 24hrs.

Good, then they can add manually..
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by dustmalik: 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
duwdu:

P34c3
You are very correct. I made a complaint at the office where I bought it, and they said they would resolve it within 24hrs.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by EnterPRO: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
dustmalik:

Yes, the Huawei E5573s-606 from Spectranet does.

ColeworldMD:

Any idea of its old or new price?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Umunri: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
Only the spectrnet Wi-Fi (E5573s-606)can work with glo.l bought the one of mtn yesterday search available network can't find glo 4G when I try the one of spectrnet it was there so look for E5573s-606 unlocked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Samsung Phone Can I Get With A Budget Of 100k? / 10 Common Smartphone Mistakes That Expose You To Security Risks / How To You Remove The Tempar Mod On Phcn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.