Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Abuja High Court Stops Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja High Court Stops Soludo (3162 Views)

Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial / Breaking News..abuja High Court Removes Adamu Muazu As PDP National Chairman / Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by franctony(m): 4:43am On Oct 24, 2009
An Abuja High yesterday set aside the nomination of Professor Charles Soludo and Senator Emmanuel Anosike as the Peoples Democratic Party's flag-bearer and running mate respectively for the February 10 Anambra State gubernatorial election.

Mr. Valentine Ozigbo, one of the candidates in the botched PDP primaries had approached the court to complain that the selection of Soludo and Anosike was an abuse of an Anambra State High order, which had earlier placed an injunction on the selection process.

But in a swift reaction, the counsel representing Soludo, Mr Patrick Ikwueto (SAN) dismissed the propriety of Mr. Ozigbo to go to court, stating that under the PDP constitution, the National Executive Commi-ttee of the party has the final say on the selection of candidates.

He stated that the power and rights of the PDP to select a candidate are unquestionable and that the court has been misled into thinking that Soludo and Anosike emerged from a congressional meeting of the party.

“That wasn't the case. The party obeyed the court order barring it from holding a congress. But that does not stop the party from selecting a candidate through other means,” Ikwueto explained.

In his suit at the Abuja High Court, Ozigbo argued that the Ikulobia High Court (Anambra) injunction was not vacated before Soludo and Anosike were selected by the PDP leadership.

In his judgement, Justice Danlami Senchai set aside Soludo and Anosike's selection and ordered that they should not be recognised by INEC.
Reacting, the National Legal Adviser of the PDP, Olusola Oke said the party was caught unawares by the ruling because it was not joined as a party in the suit.

Oke said the party will do everything possible to vacate the order or have it over-turned in a higher court.

Similarly, Ikwueto added that his client was never served and is uncertain if an ex-parte motion was granted by the Abuja High Court or not.
“All efforts when we heard this evening to get some clarity from the court proved abortive.

“But I suspect that a motion was granted, and as early as Monday, we will file an order before the court asking the court to vacate the motion over which it has no jurisdiction.”

Source: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=157891
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by olafolarin(m): 6:08am On Oct 24, 2009
Soludo should just step aside and allow a normal and legal primaries to take place.he will never win the guber election as the incumbent (Obi) and the former Governor(Ngige) stand a better chance.
Soludo will be more productive in a national office.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by biggjoe(m): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2009
olafolarin:

Soludo should just step aside and allow a normal and legal primaries to take place.he will never win the guber election as the incumbent (Obi) and the former Governor(Ngige) stand a better chance.
Soludo will be more productive in a national office.

When you are talking of better chance, remove Peter Obi out of your equation unless you are talking about [b]un[/b]free and [b]un[/b]fair elections.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by IGWEUSA(m): 7:22am On Oct 24, 2009
The Uba puppets are just wasting their time . . . . . . Prof Soludo is already the governor of Anambra state come 2010.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by chosen04(f): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2009
Good reason to start celebrating NGIGE's second missonary entry/journey.

Good goverance in Anambra state Here comes NGIGE 2010

Goverment house next occupant is here!!! NGIGE
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by sandee575(f): 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2009
the judiciary in not uncorrupt.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by koolchicco: 1:25pm On Oct 24, 2009
chosen04:

Good reason to start celebrating NGIGE's second missonary entry/journey.

Good goverance in Anambra state Here comes NGIGE 2010

Goverment house next occupant is here!!! NGIGE

Co-Signed! kiss cheesy
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by MUNEER2(m): 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2009
I knew this would happen at inception, not a person like him, grin
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by bibiking1(m): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2009
The PDP has the right to select its candidate, so i do not think all these hubris generated by all these failed aspirants would yield an otherwise effect. I detest the PDP, but i scorn hypocrites more. All these ranting failed aspirants are trying to come across as saints and oppressed masses which i condemn!
You dine with the devil, you should be prepared to share the bill!
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by citizenY(m): 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2009
My opinion is that all the other candidates are just making the right noises

to enable them juggle for the windfall , now or when a new dispensation is in place.

Na just NOTICE ME, as Papa Fryo will say. When posts and contracts start flowing now,

those millions they paid na gate pass. PDP will be PDP even if you douse it in a keg of palm oil.

Na today?
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2009
Soludo,is my mentor,i thought he wil go 4 higher position than dis,but since he's out,i wish him success,no matter all odds from opposite.less i 4get,mr obi is still d best governor ever produced in anambra state,well letz wait till then but im just happy 4 wat is going on in d state(in terms of candidates dat r coming up in 4 election),atleast d regime of touts is coming 2 an end since we changed 4rm  so called "Home for all" to wonderful "light of the Nation" [color=][/color][color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by 55gal(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2009
The genesis of another political drama/saga in Anambra state.
PDP una no dey tire?hiss angry
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by DisGuy: 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2009
Nigerian Law grin

You get an injunction from a court to stop a primary election for no apparent reason

You can get an injunction from the court that allows you to be free from prosecution-odili style
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by GoldCircle: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2009
Dog eat dog! grin grin
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by EmmaGSM(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2009
I wonder weather all these guys against Obi have even television 4 news , hears with their ears or sees with their eyes may be they hvnt come around the state 4 these years,
Obi is far better, Ngige is good,
reason they hate Obi is b/c he doesnt make noise.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by Digriz(m): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2009
@biggjoe wat do u knw abt anambra politics?stop talking rubbish because u dnt knw wat peter obi is doing in anambra state. U only knw of anambra frm wat u read on newspaper which is mainly negative information been spread by d enemies of d state.
Ur base in awka bt ur nt familiar wt ur terain or may be ur a passenger in d state who's stil on hs journey.so beta kip quiet and listen cos ur a novice.
Anybody dat knws anambra wel wl attest dat peter obi stands d greatest chance of winning d nxt election if conducted free and fair. Ngige is completely out of it cos anambrarians has known dat he didnt do much 4 d state only roads and many of them has deteroriated nw. I wl say dat soludo wl b d closest to peter obi bt obi wl swept hm completely.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by MUZBO(m): 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2009
Let them fight jare. Who gives a rat's a$s.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by chidichris(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2009
The Uba puppets are just wasting their time . . . . . . Prof Soludo is already the governor of Anambra state come 2010.

@igwe usa,
from your point of view, i would want you to look back at that same scenaro that brought andy uba on board as the gov of anambra state and the circustances that saw him out.
ur irresponsible prof.soludo is not a normal person.
sometimes i on my own have reasons to believe that the whole world have got good reasons to have little or no respect for nigerian education and their degrees.
it is time like this one begins to ask, what kind of professor is this? prof mourice iwu and prof soludo all obj boys are perfect disgrace to the word and honour of proffessorship.
how can a proffessor boycott the laws of the land in his inordinate ambition to rule the people even against their wishes?
shame to nigerian professors, whame to obj, shame to pdp and shame to nigerian political system.
no wonder none of them is ready to compete outside nigeria with people who are surposed to be their mates.
prof soludo is just an idiot for accepting that otah animal to use him as a tool against his own people.
the kind of shame prof soludo will incur for himself and that of his family will not be quantifiable.
very soon, obj will tell him to go and context for his ward councellorship.
if anyone here knows this soludo of an idiot, he shld advise him to go and commit suicide.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by EmmaGSM(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2009
Mr Peter Obi is doing the best humanly posible for Anambra state, he will be v good 2 be the next governor of the state,

Dr Ngige will serve best as commissione for works.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by 3kay945(m): 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2009
it going 2b do or die, dat interestn
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by mrperfect(m): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2009
God and his people have already know who is their next Governor.
Please stop insulting fellows it does not prove your point nor make you a good writer.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by Afam(m): 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2009
chidichris:

@igwe usa,
from your point of view, i would want you to look back at that same scenaro that brought andy uba on board as the gov of anambra state and the circustances that saw him out.
your irresponsible prof.soludo is not a normal person.
sometimes i on my own have reasons to believe that the whole world have got good reasons to have little or no respect for nigerian education and their degrees.
it is time like this one begins to ask, what kind of professor is this? prof mourice iwu and prof soludo all obj boys are perfect disgrace to the word and honour of proffessorship.
how can a proffessor boycott the laws of the land in his inordinate ambition to rule the people even against their wishes?
shame to nigerian professors, whame to obj, shame to pdp and shame to nigerian political system.
no wonder none of them is ready to compete outside nigeria with people who are surposed to be their mates.
prof soludo is just an idiot for accepting that otah animal to use him as a tool against his own people.
the kind of shame prof soludo will incur for himself and that of his family will not be quantifiable.
very soon, obj will tell him to go and context for his ward councellorship.
if anyone here knows this soludo of an idiot, he shld advise him to go and commit suicide.

I actually placed a bet with myself that the writer cannot finish his post without making reference to OBJ at least twice.

In the end he did not disappoint!
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by Obinoscopy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2009
This just the beginning of the numerous hurdles Soludo will face. Will he survive them? Only time will tell.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by biggjoe(m): 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2009
Digriz:

@biggjoe wat do u knw abt anambra politics?stop talking rubbish because u dnt knw wat peter obi is doing in anambra state. U only knw of anambra frm wat u read on newspaper which is mainly negative information been spread by d enemies of d state.
your base in awka bt your nt familiar wt your terain or may be your a passenger in d state who's stil on hs journey.so beta kip quiet and listen cos your a novice.
Anybody dat knws anambra wel wl attest dat peter obi stands d greatest chance of winning d nxt election if conducted free and fair. Ngige is completely out of it cos anambrarians has known dat he didnt do much 4 d state only roads and many of them has deteroriated nw. I wl say dat soludo wl b d closest to peter obi bt obi wl swept hm completely.

I dont know whether to view your post as an attack or a view but I will take it its just your point of view.
Everything you said abt me and anambra is just vague and I will not go into that because im too much of an anambra person and to bother.

Now about Obi, I will love Obi the more if I have been reading newspapers and listening to news because he patronizes the media more than any governor in nigeria and thats why people like you love him.

Ngige is the best governor that anambra has ever produced and neither you nor your rantings can change it. Theres a poll currently going on on this nairaland abt obi, soludo and ngige, go there and take a look.

Again, if Ngiges road constructed by RCC has deteriorated in 3 years, imagine what will happen to Obis's constructed with hoax companies like Paul B and others. . . .

Think Mr. Man.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by slimes(m): 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2009
Winning Election is now a do or die affair.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by clomn(m): 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2009
there has never been any election in anambara state so let them die.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by kosovo(m): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2009
Soludo would still be their governor, just an initial show off!
trust me cheesy
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by meerkat(m): 9:47pm On Oct 24, 2009
Nigerian Politics TO HELL!!!
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 25, 2009
Initially soludo denied coming into politics,later pdp selected&he accepted wholehrtedly.The funny thing is why he engaged a lawyer to defend his purported selection pdp in d court.So the guy actually loves to be a gov for d 2nd time(1st was being CBN GOV).Naija pple like power.Im sure he'll appeal the court verdict
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by msb247(m): 3:44am On Oct 25, 2009
Ok.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by nellaluv(f): 9:50am On Oct 25, 2009
With all dis drama and shenanigans going on with PDP. I don't think a governor would emerge. Even if an aspirant wins, he's gonna be disqualified like Uba.
Re: Abuja High Court Stops Soludo by Obinoscopy(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2009
Fellow Anambrarians, if you are looking for another reason why you should not vote for Soludo this is it:
If you vote for him and he eventually wins, the court might order him to vacate the office for another PDP holder who might not be the right candidate.
Lets vote for someone from a stable and progressive polital party, Peter, did I hear you say Obi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Streetlights Are A Disgrace!!! / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Senate Releases Stella Oduah's CV (PICS Attached) / American Bancorp Bank Writes To Buhari, Plans To Return Amaechi’s Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.