Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). (14701 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Emergency Medical Service To Be Established In 2018 / Kaduna Inland Dry Port To Be Commissioned By President Buhari On Thursday / Lagos State Emergency Management Agency-lasema In Focus. PICS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by naptu2: 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
There was a massive traffic jam on the Lekki Express around 12pm on Thursday. I tried to find out the cause of the traffic and I was told that there was a petrol tanker on fire at the Admiralty Toll Plaza. I was shocked. I quickly made some calls and discovered that it was a actually a drill (an inter-agency simulation to test response time). The drill was overseen by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) Response Unit (LRU).

Here are pictures and a video of the drill (courtesy of Lagos Townhall and Seyi Charles George).

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/789828666503073792/pu/img/1dRNBKZu367h77iA.jpg:small[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_X8cjqPF74

https://mobile.twitter.com/LagosTownHall/status/789132889883541504?p=v

https://mobile.twitter.com/AkinwunmiAmbode/status/789126671404244993?p=v

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by hahn(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
APC just performing wonders in Lagos. They should try and extend this to the FG. Seems like Bubu is not going along with the program undecided

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by wristbangle: 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kudos to Lagos government. The massive development ongoing in the state is mind blowing.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by An0nimus: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
See as e dey like American film grin

40 Likes

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by megawax8: 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
Was wondering what caused the traffic too on Friday.

Boss naptu2 topic says Thursday or am I mixing something up?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by naptu2: 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
megawax8:
Was wondering what caused the traffic too on Friday.

Boss naptu2 topic says Thursday or am I mixing something up?

I don't know if there was another drill on Friday (it's possible), but this one was on Thursday (around 11:30am).

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by dfrost: 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
Nice one naptu2. I'm only wondering if this will work with the crazy gridlock we experience sometimes in Lagos. But I'll be optimistic whatever happens.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by KINGwax007(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2016
dfrost:
Nice one naptu2. I'm only wondering if this will work with the crazy gridlock we experience sometimes in Lagos. But I'll be optimistic whatever happens.
there is a helicopter bro

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by dfrost: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
KINGwax007:

Yes. I saw that albeit how many helipads do we have around in Eko?
Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by dfrost: 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
KINGwax007:

Yes. I saw that albeit how many helipads do we have around in Eko unless helos can land on all types of tarmac?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by naptu2: 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
dfrost:

dfrost:

Yes. I saw that albeit how many helipads do we have around in Eko unless helos can land on all types of tarmac?

That shouldn't be a problem at all. There are many strategies that can be used to overcome that problem. You just have to figure out what can get stuck in traffic and remove it from the equation.

1) Ambulance: As someone has said, a helicopter is being used to evacuate injured people. That helicopter is not on a proper helipad. It's on the road in front of the toll plaza. The helicopter can land anywhere that there is flat land and open space (eg road, grass field, etc).

2) Fire truck: The Federal Government bought BMW K100 motorcycles for the fire service in the mid-1980s. These motorcycles can carry hoses and small water pumps. Combine that with a fire hydrant (which the Lagos State Government is installing all over Lagos), then you can easily start fighting a fire before the big water trucks get to the scene.

3) Police vehicles: Policemen can also be dropped on the scene by helicopter.

4) Boats: As you can see from the picture and video, there was an RRS boat on the creek near the road.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by dfrost: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
naptu2:

Okay naptu2. I've been seeing those fire hydrants around. Like I said I'll be optimistic.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by ImperialYoruba: 8:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
naptu2:

That shouldn't be a problem at all. There are many strategies that can be used to overcome that problem. You just have to figure out what can get stuck in traffic and remove it from the equation.

1) Ambulance: As someone has said, a helicopter is being used to evacuate injured people. That helicopter is not on a proper helipad. It's on the road in front of the toll plaza. The helicopter can land anywhere that there is flat land and open space (eg road, grass field, etc).

2) Fire truck: The Federal Government bought BMW K100 motorcycles for the fire service in the mid-1980s. These motorcycles can carry hoses and small water pumps. Combine that with a fire hydrant (which the Lagos State Government is installing all over Lagos), then you can easily start fighting a fire before the big water trucks get to the scene.

3) Police vehicles: Policemen can also be dropped on the scene by helicopter.

4) Boats: As you can see from the picture and video, there was an RRS boat on the creek near the road.

Each of those units have a discernible color (yellow, blue, red, green) so there is no mix up between roles and functions. The first line of response in fire is fire fighter to clear the scene for for EMTs to evacuate victims, next is police to assess if laws were broken, followed by tow crew to remove the vehicles, followed by maintenance crew to clean up any bio and environmental hazards like body fluid, chemicals and carbon deposits from the charred remains.

Naptu, nice job! Kudos to Lagos State!

I have one issue with their nomenclature for agencies. LAWMA, LASERMA, LAWSEMA....please! We already know its Lagos State,no need to put LA. The state logo speaks for itself.

People are now following their example and forming names. LACASERA, LALASTICA... grin

Lala, dont ban me o. grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by naptu2: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
[size=14pt]With Helicopters, Trucks And Drones, Lagos Emergency Agency Holds Emergency Response Simulation[/size]

By Monte OZ -

October 21, 2016

One of the air ambulances used in the exercise

The Akinwunmi Ambode led government in Lagos State is taking its quest to make the state safe for its citizens very serious.

The LASEMA (Lagos State Emergency Management Agency) Response Unit staged an emergency response simulation exercise at the Lekki toll gate.

And for a minute, passers-by were scared as they drove past the LASEMA team along the Lekki-Toll gate only to realise it was a simulation exercise.

The simulation exercise was carried out to improve response times and evaluate the agency’s ability to execute its response plans in case of emergency.

The exercise simulated an accident between a tanker and a single vehicle with two casualties trapped inside the vehicle. The casualties were extracted and conveyed from the scene within five minutes with the help of an RRS air ambulance and an LRU mobile intensive care ambulance (MICA).

https://www.monteoz360.com/2016/10/with-helicopters-trucks-and-drones-lagos-emergency-agency-holds-emergency-response-simulation-nigerian-entertainment-today/

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by naptu2: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

I have one issue with their nomenclature for agencies. LAWMA, LASERMA, LAWSEMA....please! We already know its Lagos State,no need to put LA. The state logo speaks for itself.

People are now following their example and forming names. LACASERA, LALASTICA... grin

Lala, dont ban me o. grin

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by PaulIdu: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2016
hahn:
APC just performing wonders in Lagos. They should try and extend this to the FG. Seems like Bubu is not going along with the program undecided

Ambode is a performer while Buhari is a clown

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by hahn(m): 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
PaulIdu:

Please, this is a compliment. angry

And do not say he is clueless. It would be an insult to GEJ tongue

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by megawax8: 10:55am On Oct 23, 2016
naptu2:
There was a massive traffic jam on the Lekki Express around 12pm on Friday. I tried to find out the cause of the traffic and I was told that there was a petrol tanker on fire at the Admiralty Toll Plaza. I was shocked. I quickly made some calls and discovered that it was a actually a drill (an inter-agency simulation to test response time). The drill was overseen by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) Response Unit (LRU).
naptu2:

I don't know if there was another drill on Friday (it's possible), but this one was on Thursday (around 11:30am).

Oh.....Alright. Then, guess you made a mistake in the content of the original post. (see bold text)
Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by naptu2: 11:12am On Oct 23, 2016
megawax8:

Oh.....Alright. Then, guess you made a mistake in the content of the original post. (see bold text)

Thanks. Yes I did. It was on Thursday not Friday.
Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by wolesmile(m): 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
Wow!!!

See the new face of Lagos!
Air ambulance! Hope they do something about mounting CCTV cameras in strategic places to combat the increasing crime rate.

Keep it up AMBO!
Eko Sese bere ni...

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by wildchild1: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Thank God for their lives
Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by petsey(m): 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
sad new
Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by grafikii: 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2016
This just amazing
Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by Pavore9: 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2016
lmpressive.
Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by zurine(f): 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
hmm
Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
E remain Nigeria Police Force and Joint Task Force!
Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
hahn:
It's federalism we practise here, not unitarianism.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by hahn(m): 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Replicating success is not a bad thing, no?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by anonimi: 2:29pm On Oct 23, 2016
hahn:

Wonders of bad governance whereby ordinary tap water is not available all over the state of excellence despite 17 years plus of progreTHIEF administration by Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode.
Even Kenya people dey yab us anyhow over the matter. angry embarassed

MtuMsuper:
Dear Nigerians,
You don't go to somebody's house, eat his ugali, insult his wife, mess up his living room and crap on his floor and think there won't be any consequences. You guys come here courtesy of Kenya Airways running daily flights to Lagos ( Kenya is a major continental and global aviation hub after all), you come to hustle, walk in and act like you own the place, live in seclusion, harass local women, practice unwholesome social ungraces, and think you won't be the cynosure of all eyes? We are very very aware you take advantage of things like steadier than 9ja electricity supply, municipal water in your taps, the fastest and cheapest internet in Africa, crime rates lower than you could imagine in your country, monthly rent payments. etc etc, to come and do yahoo here. Then you think no one will notice. I mean WTF!!!

Get your paper work in order, we are a country of LAWS.

See correct yabis.

Abeg na who curse us if nor be ourselves
Yet we go dey swagger sey na we smart pass!
We too foolish nor be lie.

bukifemi1:
by Owolabi Oluwasegun

The metropolitan city of Lagos has been described as the world’s third worst city to live in.

According to a report released by The Economist Intelligence Unit, the city ranked 138th out of the 140 cities in the liveability survey which was carried out.

Falling ahead of Tripoli and Damascus, Lagos which boasts of population of about 22 million would in the next few years become the 4th mega city in the world with about 30 million people living in it.

The report said: “Of the poorer-scoring cities, 13 continue to occupy the very bottom tier of liveability, where ratings fall below 50 percent and most aspects of living are severely restricted.

“Continued threats from groups like Boko Haram acts as a constraint to improving stability in Lagos.”

The survey which assesses locations around the world that would provide the best or worsrt living condition factoring in five categories which are: stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure noted that the hostile situation in Libya resulted in the declined in liveability in Tripoli.

The top five best countries to live in, according to the report are: Melbourne, Australian Vienna, Austria’s Vancouver, Canada’s Toronto, Canada’s and Calgary also in Canada.

With Lagos scoring high points in Culture and environment, the scoreboard declined in the areas of infrastructure, healthcare and stability.

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/lagos-is-the-worlds-third-worst-city-to-live-in-report/#dKEsBgQMHjtTEsgh.99

[img]http://yemitom.files./2012/12/mai-ruwa.png?w=546[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3928528_screenshot20160702074507_jpegb6ef54648b853c62b9f490825c47c180

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by hahn(m): 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2016
anonimi:

Wonders of bad governance whereby ordinary tap water is not available all over the state of excellence despite 17 years plus of progreTHIEF administration by Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode.
Even Kenya people dey yab us anyhow over the matter. angry embarassed

See correct yabis.

Abeg na who curse us if nor be ourselves
Yet we go dey swagger sey na we smart pass!
We too foolish nor be lie.

I concur sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by anonimi: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
PaulIdu:

Do you know if the performer has fixed the school below and how far he is to ensure 100% enrolment of all children in Lagos in primary and secondary schools
Thanks.

[img]http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/overview/intro/presentation/Slide1.jpg[/img]

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Emergency Rescue Simulation On Thursday (Photos, Video). by anonimi: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

What do you mean by this your response to his post since the Association of ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC is the party in charge at the Lagos state and federal levels

hahn:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Former Ogun Speaker Dumps ADC, Joins Dapo Abiodun / How Kidnappers, Zealots & Rebels Are Making Nigeria Ungovernable - Economist UK / As President, Tinubu Will Make War Against Corruption Top Priority – Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.