Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Importing From China - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Importing From China (37431 Views)

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Importing From China / Importing From China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importing From China by dogzymallo: 10:21am On Oct 24, 2009
i have 500000 naira and i want to travel to china to import things but i dont know how to begin people pls can u help me tackle this problem . i need to know what to import so that i can make profit and go into the business fully thanks

1 Like

Re: Importing From China by vividgate: 9:40am On Oct 25, 2009
I think the 1st thing you need to do is to know what you want to import.
Re: Importing From China by cvibe: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2009
@ Poster, no one can tell you what to import until you get to China as you will be like a kid in a candy store. So many things to choose from.

1 Like

Re: Importing From China by chase4(m): 10:24am On Oct 26, 2009
@ dogzymallo and dog4sure,

I started with less than 200k and can confidently tell you that it is profitable. Your 500k will not be enough to travel to China and make your purchase so what you need is partner/associate/broker who is either a resident or an importer from China through whom you can transact your business until you raise enough money for ticket, goods, duties etc. At this stage i guess you do not have an outlet since you are yet to make up your mind on what to deal on so i suggest you do some research on what goes and what doesn't before you proceed.

Note. If/when you start, do your best to get an office/shop/warehouse to operate from. Do not supply on credit but if you must, do it cautiously to avoid DISASTER!

If you need more from me on likely things to import this season and make reasonable profit call 08062187803, 08166269994 or 08184104373. All the best guys.

2 Likes

Re: Importing From China by Chalyoti: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2009
please don't waste your money on air ticket,what you need is to collaborate with a registered logistics/trading company who is already in business.The company will introduce you to the right biz and you'll get your profit share after execution.

contact me here for more information: Charles@frontwaveltd.com
Re: Importing From China by duzz: 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2009
first go to http://www.alibaba.com to search for product to buy and do not ever pay with western union or direct bank wire to Chinese, because 90% of all Chinese on alibaba.com are thieves, if the supplier do not accept, L/C or paypal do not buy from him because he is a scammers, and believe me, I am talking from experience, I have a house in china and my company have two factory in china employing over 1200 workers, and I can testify that Chinese are the greatest scammers you can ever come across, another option is to look for a Nigerian that is based in China that can help you source your products.

3 Likes

Re: Importing From China by gguozhi(f): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2009
Most Chinese are good, you have prejudice from your experience.
Re: Importing From China by kg(f): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2009
Go to major markets and find out what they are willing to buy and for how much.

Don't buy first then try to sell rather discover a ready market you can sell to first, see a clear profit possibility and then act.

I speak from experience.
Re: Importing From China by dogzymallo: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2009
thanks people pls keep on adviceing me am grateful for all ure concern it will make me a better buisness person. well i will be starting next year and looking forward to working with some of u .
Re: Importing From China by mirabell: 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2009
Go to major markets and find out what they are willing to buy and for how much.

Don't buy first then try to sell rather discover a ready market you can sell to first, see a clear profit possibility and then act.

I speak from experience

KG,

I want to import somethigs from China this season and I am getting positive responses from
the market dont really know how to go about it. Pls can u help? I intend to import ladies wares.
Any body in the house with useful info. pls get in touch.

my contact is 08083652956, 018537792. worldstar2020@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Importing From China by hedgesfun(m): 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2009
The simple truth of the matter is just that chinese are the greatest scammers you can ever come across in the world that is a known fact I lost several money to alibaba.com members though there are some of them that are real but if anyone wanna import from china I suggest you visit www.chinavasion.com or www.lightinthebox.com these are rge two site I use often and I had never had any regret doing business with them but like I always say please and please do your own due diligent research before you jump into anything at all.
God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Importing From China by babasho: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2009
Thanks all for your advise. I have a terrible experience with the chiness as well. I sent for for laptops and Flash drives only for me to recieve 2 brandless laptops. Please be careful. Again I equally need advise from whoever had recovered his/her money from scammers in china and how the person went about it. thanks
Re: Importing From China by Kinikini: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2009
dogzymallo,

Can we share experience on these chinese import business. You can reach me on amby_jib@yahoo.com
Re: Importing From China by hua: 4:09am On Nov 18, 2009
hello! all my friend!
We are one of China socks factory, before one years ago, our factory have office in lagos geart nigeria house selling socks, Our company socks mainly export socks to lagos, our factory sabi nigeria socks very well, no wahala, my friend if your want to import socks from china, our factory can help you, pls E-mail us cmykbook@hotmail.com we send you more infromation about socks and nigeria clearing agent infromation. thank you. take care!
Re: Importing From China by stillfly(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2009
starting with N500000, i don't think it will be a wise choice to travel to china for the goods. maybe you can start to import from an agent or buy from a wholesaler in Nigeria. after you make N5M, i think maybe you might travel to China.
Re: Importing From China by adamcn(m): 9:39am On Jan 22, 2010
stillfly:

starting with N500000, i don't think it will be a wise choice to travel to china for the goods. maybe you can start to import from an agent or buy from a wholesaler in Nigeria. after you make N5M, i think maybe you might travel to China.

It's correct, N500000 = USD 3300, the flight tickets will sack half of your money.
Re: Importing From China by lindazhu: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2010
the majiority of chinese are very kind.please don't take one typical bad sample to think that chinese is bad business man.

when you choose cooperator from china just consider their all conditions and check carefully.I think you can find good suppliers.

we can offer cold room,freezer car!

if you need any help regarding china business please feel free to contact me.I will help you if I can.

good luck to all of you!
Re: Importing From China by naijacutee(f): 7:56am On Aug 18, 2010
Personally, I think that you are starting this the wrong way. Without a definite product in mind, you will tempted to go and bring anything you "think" will sell.The last thing you want when starting business is to be stuck with goods which cannot sell, or which don't have enough profit margin for you to remain in business. I think that the best place to start will be with your market - The problem with us is that because laptops are popular, everyone wants to go and import laptops from China. I think it would be far more profitable to look for a gap in the market. Is there something that would make life easier for people in one way or the other, and which people can afford? You don't even have to target the general public - You can look into businesses, hospitals, companies, What things can help their business flow smoother? A factory which allocates their cutting/drilling time to when NEPA brings light. Maybe rechargeable power tools could help their business flow smoother? I don't know, I think there is a big market out there with lots of opportunities, I think it's far more profitable to look for the gap in the market and start from there, rather than the product and where you can get it from.

3 Likes

Re: Importing From China by BOMANY: 5:22am On Aug 19, 2010
Let me collect all sincere advices to you, one for all.

vivid gate:

The 1st thing you need to do is to know what you want to import.

You must be fully aware about what you are buying / selling otherwise you mostly will lose your money, God forbid

naijacutee:

You are starting this the wrong way. Without a definite product in mind, you will tempted to go and bring anything you "think" will sell.

the best place to start will be with your market

Definitely yes, look around you, friends or relatives to get engaged to any type of business that is available to you, or you feel that you like it, but without using your money or showing it up.

If you do not know about any type of business, keep away.

chase4:

Your 500k will not be enough to travel to China and make your purchase

i suggest you do some research on what goes and what doesn't before you proceed.

Do not supply on credit but if you must, do it cautiously to avoid DISASTER!

Your capital is not up to bring innovational goods.
Re: Importing From China by Okaypan(m): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2010
hi, I am Pan from Zhejiang Medicines and Health Products Import and Export Co., Ltd in China, we are doing more than that. If you have any interest or any questions, please contact me by mail: okaypan@gmail.com. I will help you.
smiley
Re: Importing From China by folafola(m): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2010
i have over 500,000 directories of chinese company you can make business with. are you wise enough
Re: Importing From China by sleekdot(m): 5:58am On Aug 28, 2010
duzz:

first go to http://www.alibaba.com to search for product to buy and do not ever pay with western union or direct bank wire to Chinese, because 90% of all Chinese on alibaba.com are thieves, if the supplier do not accept, L/C or paypal do not buy from him because he is a scammers, and believe me, I am talking from experience, I have a house in china and my company have two factory in china employing over 1200 workers, and I can testify that Chinese are the greatest scammers you can ever come across, another option is to look for a Nigerian that is based in China that can help you source your products.

Even those that have been verified by alibaba.com,tru pass profile, what are the chances that they are scammers

A&V Checked Suppliers are suppliers who have passed authentication and verification inspection by Alibaba.com as well as a third-party verification service provider. All legal business licenses and contact persons are verified for those who have been A&V Checked. Suppliers must be A&V Checked before becoming a Gold Supplier. ACP A&V Liability Disclaimer.
Re: Importing From China by Davedavy: 10:43am On Aug 28, 2010
Be careful with alibaba,even those verified sellers are all bleeping scammers,verification on alibaba only means paying a token of $$.
I am also into importation business from China,though i sell my stuffs in Europe and not in Nigeria(at least for now),i am into consumer electronics,computer accesories,phone accesories,etc.My advice for you will be to find someone trustworthy in China,that can help you out to buy your stuffs and send them to you as your money is not enough for you to travell to China and do that yourself,those Chinko guys need serious close marking or else they will scam the hell out of you and send you grade F products.
But yes,the goods are cheap and very profitable  grin.
All the best.
Re: Importing From China by sleekdot(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2010
duzz:

[/quot
Davedavy link=topic=342306.msg6654668#msg6654668 date=1282988603:

Be careful with alibaba,even those verified sellers are all bleeping scammers,verification on alibaba only means paying a token of $$.
I am also into importation business from China,though i sell my stuffs in Europe and not in Nigeria(at least for now),i am into consumer electronics,computer accesories,phone accesories,etc.My advice for you will be to find someone trustworthy in China,that can help you out to buy your stuffs and send them to you as your money is not enough for you to travell to China and do that yourself,those Chinko guys need serious close marking or else they will scam the hell out of you and send you grade F products.
All the best.
e]

Whats the advantage of using paypal? Any help?
Re: Importing From China by sleekdot(m): 7:20am On Aug 30, 2010
duzz:

Davedavy:

All the best.

Whats the advantage of using paypal? Any help?
Re: Importing From China by AFROASIA(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hey, with the kind of money you have at hand and your situation in general I will advice you to:

1. Avoid travelling to China to buy the items b'cus your venture capital can't support  such trip

2. Buy the chosen items via a trusted sourcer/agent/trader b'cus you're not there to ensure quality, standards and safety

3. Do a proper market survey to determine the kind of goods you should be aiming at and the profitability before making a proper order.
4. If you are unfamiliar with the terrain, always begin with a trial orders ( samples)

5. You can also partner with A TRUSTWORTHY NIGERIAN living  in China ( Order sample through him, pay him after you see the samples, if the samples meet you standards make a proper order, buy it off him once the items land your hands in 9ja.
This is just  an advice . If you need further advice from me,  try to contact me  or leave me a msg,  I live and work in China.
Re: Importing From China by Onyeara: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
Afroasia, can you connect me with some reliable agents, i need to import computer and phone accessories from china to Nigeria. many thanks
Re: Importing From China by AFROASIA(m): 5:33am On Aug 31, 2010
I do outsourcing and insourcing too. We could cooperate on clearly defined WINWIN terms on various kinds of items you need from China.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga Loses $300 Million / Invest And Earn Big In Haulage (truck) Business / How I Recycled Wasted Disposable Cups To Chandelier Lights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.