Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,990 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:00 AM

Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. (6005 Views)

Fuel Shortages To Hit Nigeria In Three Weeks – Seplat CEO / Economy May Rebound From June, Says Bank Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2009
Sanusi is going nuts. He is talking of hanging and shooting bank CEO's for giving out loans.
What kind of CBN Governor is this??
The is a boko haram mindset in action. This guy is taking this thing too far.

Guardian's Headline today reads: Indicted Bank Chiefs Deserve Death, Says Sanusi

Quote Sanusi :
"Those found culpable in this dastardly act are not vulnerable people that need our sympathy.If not for the rule of law, some of them should be tied to the stake and shot."[/color]

This is the link http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=241009&ptitle=Indicted%20Bank%20Chiefs%20Deserve%20Death,%20Says%20Sanusi
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by SapeleGuy: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2009
I'm sure his sycophantic defenders will just ignore this. The law of karma will soon catch up with him. He is on borrowed time.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 24, 2009
No such thing as karma. But peoples time do come to an end.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by DeepSoul(f): 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2009
Boko Haram in action indeed. Lol

But really, I doubt he meant it literally.

He's probably just trying to paint a picture of how much disdain he feels.

Atleast I'd like to believe that
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by ikeyman00(m): 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2009
@@@@@@@@@

yes he is f uk in right
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by dove24u(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2009
Not all the debtors except those who intentionally refuse to service their loans(Shareholder's money) e.g Peter Ololo ,because those business moguls use bank loan to finance projects sad
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2009
Deep Soul:

Boko Haram in action indeed. Lol

But really, I doubt he meant it literally.

He's probably just trying to paint a picture of how much disdain he feels.

Atleast I'd like to believe that

How much disdain can justify such inflammatory incitements??
Don't forget that their only accusation is issuing of legitimate albeit non-performing loans to clients.
Lets remember also that no court has found any of these CEO'S guilty.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2009
dove24u:

Not all the debtors except those who intentionally refuse to service their loans(Shareholder's money) e.g Peter Ololo ,because those business moguls use bank loan to finance projects sad
The Tribune article says debtors. The Guardian article says Bank CEO's. I think Sanusi is refering to the CEO's not the debtors.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by back2back(f): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2009
The Tribune article says debtors. The Guardian article says Bank CEO's. I think Sanusi is refering to the CEO's not the debtors.

Either debtors or Bank CEO, for that statement, SANUSI needs to be sacked with IMMEDIATE EFFECT.

The statement shows that Sanusi is not neutral and therefore cannot carry out any meaningful task that we represent NIGERIANS.

Who is he to determine who should be shot and who should stay alive??

Even Bush with his madness never said that 'Bin Laden' deserves to be shot: 'We will smoke him dead or alive out from his caves!
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by nduchucks: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2009
Those found culpable in this dastardly act are not vulnerable people that need our sympathy. If not for the rule of law, some of them should be tied to the stake and shot

sanusi don come again with rascality! e be like say dem catch am with carelessness dis time.

truth be told, de money wey these bank executives don mismanage (or steal) don pass de total combined amount wey people accuse ibb, obj, ibori, and others of stealing. de amount dey unbelievable. people no really fit process N1 trillion. 

i know say many of una here don express say, ibb, obj, or ibori, needs to be shot for various atrocities. na with de same emotion wey sanusi take make dat statement.  make una no forget say nigerian journalists don turn to sensationalism as their modus operandus.

de man just express his opinion and make una note say, his comment contained the following "If not for the rule of law"

frankly, most nigerians would agree with sanusi and most of dem sef go gree say, anyone wey court convict of stealing  billions of naira wey belong to nigerians, should be indeed shot, be they bankers, governors, ex-presidents, or others.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Beaf: 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2009
[size=14pt]CBN governor don crase o![/size] shocked shocked shocked
I pity the Nigerian financial landscape. Boko Haram in charge. . .
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by rethink: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2009
Insert Quote
CBN governor don crase o!

Yes Bokom Haram

The Chinese that build stuff for us and we run to for all kinds of things, kill people that steal money in their country Sanusi said if not for rule of Law. I dont subscribe to capital punishment.

The leader is a microcosm of we the people. So many people wish those people dead for their sins but are the sins equal to the crime?
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by PapaBrowne(m): 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2009
rethink:

Yes Bokom Haram

The Chinese that build stuff for us and we run to for all kinds of things, kill people that steal money in their country Sanusi said if not for rule of Law. I dont subscribe to capital punishment.

The leader is a microcosm of we the people. So many people wish those people dead for their sins but are the sins equal to the crime?

Not even Sanusi the accuser has claimed that these CEO's stole money.
Hear me: The accusation is that they gave out loans and the loans failed to perform because of the global crises.

Now please tell me how on earth someone would prescribe to hang and shoot people for giving out loans.
You can only have a Boko Haram mentality to think like that.

With a guy like Sanusi, Children would be jailed for failing to do their school assignments.

I don't know anyone that wishes anybody dead for giving out loans.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by nduchucks: 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2009
Beaf:

[size=14pt]CBN governor don crase o![/size] shocked shocked shocked

oh boy, de one wey worse pass boko haram, na una leaders wey dey make policies and de policies dey lead to the deaths of 100's of nigerians daily. imagine how many lives will be saved if una leaders use funding for road construction responsibly.

banker wey fit give loan of N45billion with only N5billion collateral, worse pass any boko haram criminal activity. de statement wey dem attribute to sanusi, if true, na simply a reflection of the thoughts of most nigerians.

if one sergeant doe rise up and kill most of these people, most nigerians go jump for joy, with de exception of de ones wey dey diaspora, expectedly.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by PapaBrowne(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2009
ndu_chucks:

oh boy, de one wey worse pass boko haram, na una leaders wey dey make policies and de policies dey lead to the deaths of 100's of nigerians daily. imagine how many lives will be saved if una leaders use funding for road construction responsibly.

banker wey fit give loan of N45billion with only N5billion collateral, worse pass any boko haram criminal activity. de statement wey dem attribute to sanusi, if true, na simply a reflection of the thoughts of most nigerians.

if one sergeant doe rise up and kill most of these people, most nigerians go jump for joy, with de exception of de ones wey dey diaspora, expectedly.

That na why most Nigerians dey suffer poverty because dem too they wish for person downfall.
If to say na Government people wey dey thief the money na im we dey wish badluck, e for better.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by nduchucks: 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2009
PapaBrowne:

de ting wey dem accuse these ceo's of, is 1000% worse than stealing. if you buy shares from some of de banks for N6million and because of de irresponsible loans, your N6million is now worth N600,000, you go sabi say, dem don do you more harm than stealing ya money!

person wey give out loan of N45billion with N5billion collateral, don break every rule wey banks must operate under. dem don criminally put deposits at great risk. by de time wey efcc finish with dem, true picture go emerge.

PapaBrowne:

That na why most Nigerians dey suffer poverty because dem too they wish for person downfall.
If to say na Government people wey dey thief the money na im we dey wish badluck, e for better.

oh boy, government people and these bankers na birds of a feather, dem all need to pay for any crimes wey dem commit.  tief na tief, whether na banker or government official, dey irrelevant. court go determing who go go prison, soon enough.

na de bankers wey give irresponsible loan wish for his or her own downfall.  when dem carry money of depositors, share am, willy nilly, and tink say nobody go catch dem, they only have themselves to blame.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2009
I hope he did not say that.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by PapaBrowne(m): 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2009
ndu_chucks:

de ting wey dem accuse these ceo's of, is 1000% worse than stealing. if you buy shares from some of de banks for N6million and because of de irresponsible loans, your N6million is now worth N600,000, [/b]you go sabi say, dem don do you more harm than stealing ya money!

[b]person wey give out loan of N45billion with N5billion collateral
, don break every rule wey banks must operate under. dem don criminally put deposits at great risk. by de time wey efcc finish with dem, true picture go emerge.

But na global thing. The whole world has suffered the downturn. It was the extremities of  capitalist system that is responsible for the downturn and not the bank CEO's.

Nothing wrong in giving out loans without physical collateral. Sometimes reputation or credit worthiness is enough collateral.
Also, most advanced countries give capital to businesses without "what we call collateral in Nigeria".
If someone has a project to execute and that projects is worth billions of dollars, how does one come up with a collateral for such a project?
Sanusi is just trying to deceive those that aren't in the know.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by PapaBrowne(m): 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2009
tpia.:

He said it. I have the paper right here with me.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by DisGuy: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Hear me: The accusation is that they gave out loans and the loans failed to perform because of the global crises.

Now please tell me how on earth someone would prescribe to hang and shoot people for giving out loans.

With a guy like Sanusi, Children would be jailed for failing to do their school assignments.

please let us see this accusation or should i say the court papers

The accusation [b]as I [/b]understand; is that they are giving out loans to companies they CEOs have interest in
they are giving out loans to companies that did not pass their credit risk checks

Secondly they are not making any attempt to recover the loans, you'll notice it's only this year companies start suing or writing to the president about companies refusing to pay back after defaulting

Some loans have absolutely nothing to do with recession! and if it has something to do with recession, why are they not prepossessing the properties or taking controlling shares in these companies to recover their loss?
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by lawrence83: 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2009
E don reach that level.

that's suppose to be the joke of the millenium.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by PapaBrowne(m): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2009
Dis Guy:

please let us see this accusation or should i say the court papers

The accusation [b]as I [/b]understand; is that they are giving out loans to companies they CEOs have interest in
they are giving out loans to companies that did not pass their credit risk checks

Secondly they are not making any attempt to recover the loans, you'll notice it's only this year companies start suing or writing to the president about companies refusing to pay back after defaulting

Some loans have absolutely nothing to do with recession! and if it has something to do with recession, why are they not prepossessing the properties or taking controlling shares in these companies to recover their loss?

It is fair to say that you are not well informed on Sanusi's banking palaver.
Sanusi's has repeated a million and one times that the problem is that these banks over exposed themselves to Oil and Gas as well as Margin traded loans. He asserts that they didn't follow proper risk assessment practices before giving out these loans.

Now I do not disagree with him on that point. There was some recklessness across the world financial sector. Not only here in Nigeria.
The whole world went crazy with applying capital to risky trades.

Now what I don't understand is why a CBN Governor would make a comment like that towards folks that haven't been found guilty of any crime whatsoever.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by citizenY(m): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2009
What is the differnce between one naira and one hundred kobo, one na paper, the other one na coins.

It Sanusi call naira and you call am one hundred kobo, everybodi correct.

Playing with words does not solve the problem.

Was there an offence- yes

Is there any accused - yes

Any accomplices - yes

Any aggrieved- yes

Sanusi should choose his words as people will find fault with this in the absence of any other questions.

Let us wait for the courts.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by yeswecan(m): 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2009
Imagine his choice of words "shot dead". Thats coming from a Governor of central bank, sound frustrated. The Northern agenda has been uncovered
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Nchara: 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2009
I support that these guys be shot; not just them but anyone involved in helping them launder our money. Here we are working our arses out and sending money home to be invested and some idiot bank MDs take our money and want to keep living? It is either death or life jail.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by wirinet(m): 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Papa, why are you trying to defend the indefensible. Snausi is just restraining himself from declaring the former CEO's as ROGUES. He has said so in so many ways. It is just that he had acted within his powers to sanction them, it is left for the courts to try them.

If you insist that the former CEO's are not criminals, then you have no basis for calling IBB, ABACHA, IBORI, and other politicians, thieves.

Until we learn to call a spade a spade, we will be moving back into the stone age.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by PapaBrowne(m): 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2009
wirinet:

Papa, why are you trying to defend the indefensible. Snausi is just restraining himself from declaring the former CEO's as ROGUES. He has said so in so many ways. It is just that he had acted within his powers to sanction them, it is left for the courts to try them.

If you insist that the former CEO's are not criminals, then you have no basis for calling IBB, ABACHA, IBORI, and other politicians, thieves.

Until we learn to call a spade a spade, we will be moving back into the stone age.

Can you please explain to me point by point what crimes they have committed, Please I would like to know.

FYI,Issuing loans to companies without collateral is not a criminal offence. Rather, it is a breach of proper risk management practices.
Giving out loans to buy shares has never been a criminal offence, Rather, it is a bad business practice.

Now if you want to start killing people(Sanusi's wish) for practicing business unprofessionally, then about 99% percent of the world's business people would be dead by now.

There is a huge difference between government officials pilfering public funds and private officials(the bank CEO's) making poor investment decisions.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by puskin: 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Sanusi is going nuts. He is talking of hanging and shooting bank CEO's for giving out loans.
What kind of CBN Governor is this??
The is a boko haram mindset in action. This guy is taking this thing too far.

Guardian's Headline today reads: Indicted Bank Chiefs Deserve Death, Says Sanusi

Quote Sanusi :
This is the link[url=http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=241009&ptitle=Indicted%20Bank%20Chiefs%20Deserve%20Death,%20Says%20Sanusi] http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=241009&ptitle=Indicted%20Bank%20Chiefs%20Deserve%20Death,%20Says%20Sanusi[/url]

So, a top [b]public servant [/b]can open his mouth to the press and utter such nonsense. This country, where the fuckin chrissake are we heading to.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by naijaking1: 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2009
tpia.:

My dear, I sadly regret to tell you, but he sure did. The messiah has spoken.

I already know the man is not equipped to be the CBN governor, what's still baffling me is why everybody tends to let him get away with all these stupidity. From the President, to the Finance minister, to the minister of national planning, the senate president, to the speaker of the house of reps, to anybody that has ever bought a share in Nigeria, and to anybody that will ever buy a share ina Nigeria company.

We need a banker for the CBN governor's job, not a self-proclaimed religious extremist.
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 25, 2009
Yes. . shoot them and invite Adenuga for a cup of tea. shocked
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 25, 2009
abegi - a lot of investors in the us today would personally hang bernie madoff

any ethical person who works in the corporate sector and is privy to the sort of underhand deals these so called stewards get up to would feel the same - the differnce is that he would not do it the 'boko haram' way saying they should be shot - he would instead pray to God to thunder and fire them
Re: Sanusi Says: Bank CEO's Should Be Tied To Stake And Shot Dead. by Kobojunkie: 6:52am On Oct 25, 2009
oyb:

any ethical person who works in the corporate sector and is privy to the sort of underhand deals these so called stewards get up to would feel the same - the differnce is that he would not do it the 'boko haram' way saying they should be shot - he would instead pray to God to thunder and fire them

Bernie Madoff has been incarcerated for life, and he is probably someone's bitch in jail already. As for those who we have been praying for thunder and fire them, has any of them even slowed down their looting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Am Having Problem With Payoneer Verification / Starting A Mutual Fund In Nigeria / Top 10 Youngest Internet Millionnaires Under 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.