Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring (2425 Views)

My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her / After Dating For 7 Years, He Called Off Our Engagement / After Dating For 7 Years, He Called Off Our Engagement. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 7:55am On Oct 23, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, I need an urgent advice.

My fiancee will never wear her engagement ring. Each time I asked why she'd either say she forgot or could not find it.

This had lingered to an extent that I threatened to give it to another person, that was the only time she wore it consistently for some time and stopped again.

When I tried finding out why she always removes it from her finger for the first place, she said she doesn't want it to wear out. But this is a special ring I picked for her in an exclusive malasyian mall, diamond for that matter.

Just this morning, I was looking for something in my drawer and I saw the ring. When I asked her what the ring was doing there, she claimed that she's been looking for it for ages.

I don't know what to do right now!

Mind you, this lady loves me and would do anything for us to be together. And that's exactly what confuses me.

Though I bought the ring very costly, but that's not the issue. The issue is that I want to always see her wearing the ring everywhere and at all times, because in my opinion, it is the symbol of love.

Please advise me, ma good pipu?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by yeyeboi(m): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2016
Op go to church and stop blowing early morning lie undecided

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by dollyjoy(f): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2016
Your "Fiancee" for how many years now? Maybe she is tired of sticking with a man that isn't ready to seal the deal .undecided

why not try and ask her why,there should be a reason for that.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Profnedu(m): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2016
she dey use style tell say make una tie the knot sharp sharp
cos she no wan become lord of the rings

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by elderhimself(m): 8:08am On Oct 23, 2016
She doesn't wanna wear it. Let her be, let her go.... La simple !
You either stop wearing urs too or get someone else who is willing to wear it even while having a shiiiit !
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 8:09am On Oct 23, 2016
ucsparks:
Op go to church and stop blowing early morning lie undecided

My man, no be lie o.

This is a true story.

BTW, it's past 2pm here. I don't know why you're still telling me to go to church again. shocked
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 8:13am On Oct 23, 2016
dollyjoy:
Your "Fiancee" for how many years now? Maybe she is tired of sticking with a man that isn't ready to seal the deal .undecided

why not try and ask her why,there should be a reason for that.

Like I said earlier, she doesn't play with our relationship, I'm ready for anything right now.

For instance, I took her to malasyia for engagement because she said it's her dreams to visit Kuala Lumpur.
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by talktonase(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2016
Hope the engagement never pass 2years oh.Probably she is tired of waiting for you.BTW engagement is not marriage bro!may be she is still doing some soul searching or better still she is waiting for a bigger diamond ring from another guy with a fat bank account.Women can be unpredictable and spontaneous.Beware when you propose to some girls,from that moment till the wedding day is enough time for her to do her Last and final runs...watch and pray bro! cool
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by cassidy1996(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2016
(this lady loves me and would do anything for us to be together) she loves you and that's what matters. na by ring...
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Tolexander: 8:23am On Oct 23, 2016
Ok!

What kinda lady is your fiancée?
Is she that kinda girl that uses wrist watch, ear ring, necklace, etc?

If she doesn't use those listed up, she may not be accustomed to using the ring. Not intentionally, but by nature.

I suspect the OP is feeling insecure and feels the only way to show his fiancee's admirers, the sign of being "taken" is the frequent use of the engagement ring. Seeing the ring will keep them off.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 8:24am On Oct 23, 2016
Profnedu:
she dey use style tell say make una tie the knot sharp sharp

cos she no wan become lord of the rings

Hahahaha, I like that line.

But I think it may not be exactly what you said cos I had earlier proposed to "in your words" tie the knot this December, but she suggested that we wait until I complete my existing project back home.

Thanks for your contribution though undecided
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by favouriteYSF(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2016
If you really love her seal the deal, who engagement ring help
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2016
Tolexander:
Ok!

What kinda lady is your fiancée?
Is she that kinda girl that uses wrist watch, ear ring, necklace, etc?

If she doesn't use those listed up, she may not be accustomed to using the ring. Not intentionally, but by nature.

I suspect the OP is [b]feeling insecure[/] and feels the only way to show his fiancee's admirers, the sign of being "taken" is the frequent use of the engagement ring. Seeing the ring will keep them off.

Actually, she's not used to wearing jewelries. But I used to wonder what kind of a lady is still living in the past in, this century 21
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Tolexander: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2016
ezehisaac:

Actually, she's not used to wearing jewelries. I I used to wonder what kind of a lady is still living in the past in, this century 21
If she is not used to wearing jewelries. Don't impose it on her, teach her and let her understand your reasons.

You see lady who is not interested in wearing jewelries, u no dey happy?
What dignity has jewelries added to our ladies or waywardness reduced from them?

If na lady wey dey carry all your money buy jewelries na e you dey date naw, you go still dey complain.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2016
favouriteYSF:
If you really love her seal the deal, who engagement ring help

She wouldn't let me bro.

Not to boast, I'm equal to the task.
But she hides under the fact that I'm pursuing an MBA and at the same time carrying out a project back home.
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 8:52am On Oct 23, 2016
Tolexander:
If she is not used to wearing jewelries. Don't impose it on her, teach her and let her understand your reasons.

You see lady who is not interested in wearing jewelries, u no dey happy?
What dignity has jewelries added to our ladies or waywardness reduced from them?

If na lady wey dey carry all your money buy jewelries na e you dey date naw, you go still dey complain.

Thanks bro, you've really opened my eyes to see the other side of romance. I appreciate.

Just that it's kinda frustrating when you spend so much on some of these things and the person you're spending it for seems not to value it at all. Especially when her friends are posting theirs on Facebook.

And it would be like you're being too stingy and all that sad

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 23, 2016
ezehisaac:

Thanks bro, you've really opened my eyes to see the other side of romance. I appreciate.

Just that it's kinda frustrating when you spend so much on some of these things and the person you're spending it for seems not to value it at all. Especially when her friends are posting theirs on Facebook.

I don't get, did you buy the diamond for her friends on facebook or her

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Tolexander: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2016
ezehisaac:

Study your fiancée very well, seems you have not really understood her nature.

Stop trying to put her in the league of other ladies, cos you are expecting her to love and fancy what other ladies love. She is romantic in her own way.
You haven't really got what interests her or what she values and you kept on lavishing your bail on what she doesn't value or interest her.

If you really eventually got what interests her most, it may be something very cheap than all these expensive things you have been buying.

Mind you, "nothing can be so lovely and gladdening in gift than the person appreciating it, no matter the worth".

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 23, 2016
Your babe simply don't wanna be an awaiting trial prisoner. Secure a conviction bro. All these wedding pics Wey full nairaland headline, you no dey see am?

Think of it, if your sister wear engagement ring anyhow these days without hope of a wedding IV, how will you feel?

Who engagement ring epp?grin
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Richiy(f): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2016
I don't wear earrings.

Not because I hate them, or I attend a church I am not permitted to, but because I always lose it. I have about 10-15 single earrings in my "jewelry box".

Sometimes, these things are just individual inclinations. You love her and you are positive she loves you just as much. If it means that much, you can remind her to put it on anytime you want her to.

Don't take it personal okay? BTW, invite me for your wedding cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Richiy(f): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2016
talktonase:
Hope the engagement never pass 2years oh.Probably she is tired of waiting for you.BTW engagement is not marriage bro!may be she is still doing some soul searching or better still she is waiting for a bigger diamond ring from another guy with a fat bank account.Women can be unpredictable and spontaneous.Beware when you propose to some girls,from that moment till the wedding day is enough time for her to do her Last and final runs...watch and pray bro! cool

So, that is what you can say? undecided

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2016
If she's not wearing it, hide it or keep it.. It's better than she will juz lose it somewhere since she doesn't like wearing a piece of jewelry... Juz give it back to her whenever she's ready. grin

So u in malaysia eey? I travel often to KL for a seminars/meetings... cool
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by talktonase(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2016
Richiy:

So, that is what you can say? undecided
Talking from experience dear.I have had Ex's coming to collect last kpanshing before heading into their marital homes.Some even wanted to call off the wedding sef.I had to let them go...
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by iPrevail(m): 10:52am On Oct 23, 2016
Telltale signs. Don't ask me what I mean.
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2016
We only went to malasyia for a one month vacation, and that's just because of the engagement.
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by engrelvis(m): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2016
@op.yr fiancee is deceiving u.this is nt issue of nt liking jewelries.is symbolic.she is nt serious.except their r other issues.a woman DT loves u will put on yr ring.
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2016
Richiy:
I don't wear earrings.

Not because I hate them, or I attend a church I am not permitted to, but because I always lose it. I have about 10-15 single earrings in my "jewelry box".

Sometimes, these things are just individual inclinations. You love her and you are positive she loves you just as much. If it means that much, you can remind her to put it on anytime you want her to.

Don't take it personal okay? BTW, invite me for your wedding cheesy

I Think she's your kind of person, she sees her friends wearing them and shows them to me. But when I buy them for her, they would end up becoming inventories.

Women are just what they are. undecided
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 11:08am On Oct 23, 2016
engrelvis:
@op.yr fiancee is deceiving u.this is nt issue of nt liking jewelries.is symbolic.she is nt serious.except their r other issues. a woman DT loves u will put on yr ring.

Thanks man, that's exactly what confuses me.

But not to lie, she has shown me love in all ramifications. Except for this aspect.

But I'm compelled to take what my friend said "No woman is 100%".
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 11:11am On Oct 23, 2016
Richiy:
BTW, invite me for your wedding cheesy

Hahahaha, I will Jare. Just dey warm up. wink
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by ezehisaac(m): 11:15am On Oct 23, 2016
Tolexander

Thanks for your wonderful contributions.
I must confess, I'm inspired.
Re: Advice Needed, My Fiancee Removes Our Engagement Ring by chigoizie7(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2016
Op, some women are just not into jeweries,

I have a girl that can go days without it and when I ask her, "Babe, where is ur ear-ring"? She will be like "ha (while checking if it is on), Ee no dey ma ear"? Then she go look for am small, come talk say, Babe, abeg make we de go, I no see am. Even wrist watches, no matter how expensive it is, she will be like, " I want my hands to be free". So when such a girl refuses to put on my engagement ring, I will understand. OP abeg try to understand her.

Find out what she values most.

This my girl has necklaces, she doesn't wear them often too, but my only necklace( the only one I have) no de comot for her neck, even when she baths, the reason being that it belongs to me, I wanted to buy another for her, but she insists it is that very one or nothing, she is now ex, but once in a while, we chat, and she still has the necklace with her, maybe she doesn't wear them anymore.

The point here is, try to know what she values, it might be one stupid thing like that.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Boldest Thing You Did For Love / Ladies Flexible Than Man ? No Vaseline Crew Here. (photos ) / I'm Jealous Of My Rich Best Friend. Shes The Original Slay Queen With Real Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.