Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? (25855 Views)

Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... / Why Do Legally Married Women Who Have Sex Not Considered Worthy By God? / Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by evansjeff(m): 8:33am On Oct 23, 2016
I know this is not allowed in Christianity, and it has always been a cause of worry to me, any hopes of making heaven? both having kids for me already, fellow nairalanders and Christians...help a wondering heart.

help move this to Front page please
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by yeyeboi(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2016
Just do right between them. There are men in the Bible that had more than two wives. Just be a good husband and a father, sending one packing in the name of restitution will only cause hate and the kids? Do you really want them to grow up without a father figure just because their daddy have chosen the other wife over their mother

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by JackBizzle: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2016
There is nothing that can be done.

You just have to take care of your wives and provide for your children.

Divorcing anyone at this stage will only cause you more problems.

There is always hope- at least you can advice your children or siblings on the issues with polygamy

24 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by tempex88(m): 8:48am On Oct 23, 2016
Based on doctrines preached by churches today, they will advice u to divorce the other wives and stick to the first one. However, based on my own understanding and interpretation, number of wife's married shouldn't stop u from entering God's kingdom. However, it will limit the role u can play in the church as u can not lead

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Tallesty1(m): 8:58am On Oct 23, 2016
tempex88:
Based on doctrines preached by churches today, they will advice u to divorce the other wives and stick to the first one. However, based on my own understanding and interpretation, number of wife's married shouldn't stop u from entering God's kingdom. However, it will limit the role u can play in the church as u can not lead
A good Christian follows Bible principles not churches doctrine.

But what does the Bible say here?

@OP, I'M yet to come across a chapter in bible that says you "you must not marry more than one wife".

The only place I have seen so far that seems to be completely against it is Deutronomy 17:17 and the verse is for Kings not a common man.

Polygamy as far as I am concerned was not God’s original plan for mankind but it was also something He allowed in the Bible so if I have two wives like you do, I am keeping two of them because I am sure I didn't break any scripture.

The reason we condemn polygamy is because we rarely find the system doing any good. Everything that is said about it in the past shows it causes troubles. That has not changed. Today polygamy still causes many marriage problems for those who practice it.

But if you can handle it then stick to it, though you will never become a leader in the church but it is inhumane and selfish to reject someone you have vowed to love till eternity because of a leadership position in the church.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 23, 2016
Wife no.1 is the original wife, you will have to let the second go.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Tallesty1(m): 9:13am On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
What made her the original wife??

32 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by JackBizzle: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

A woman is saying this?

See why Nigeria is a useless country? undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by tempex88(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

A woman is saying this?

What wrong With her comment and how does her comment affect Nigeria ? She simply shared her opinion which is what churches preach. U should have just educated her based on ur understanding

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by JackBizzle: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2016
tempex88:

What wrong With her comment and how does her comment affect Nigeria ? She simply shared her opinion which is what churches preach. U should have just educated her based on ur understanding

When a church preaches nonsense does that mean that one should lock up his/her brain and regurgitate the nonsense? undecided

Her comment is a symptom of the disease that Nigerians suffer from- over-religiousity; a refusal to reason when it comes to religion

Jesus said that the law was made for man and not the man made for laws. There is always a time that the laws will not suffice for justice and peace to reign. This is why one has to temper justice with mercy.

Does divorcing the second wife show mercy to her? Does the church's preaching show her mercy?

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by HARDDON: 10:03am On Oct 23, 2016
What a dicey one!

If we send the younger one with her kids away like Abraham did( tru restitution), we might hv another form of ISIS n the likes. Even if we rent another apartment for them, care for them, how do we divorce her?
If we cant divorce her, how do we keep caring for all her needs (both emotionally n sexually?). We cant n unfortunately, another cant. What a limbo.

If we decide to maintain statues quo n just live like one big happy family, heaven might elude us.

Solution:

Explain to the younger one why u need to do this: dissolve the spiritually illegal marriage but make sure they lack nothing. Rent a nice apartment for them. That way, u wudnt owe her any sexual responsibility nor wud u bind her down from meeting n marrying another.
Even after that, care for ur kids

10 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Topgainer: 10:25am On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Usual creed of 'Holier than thou' assemblies. They give more laws, rules and regulations than God. The world would have been a disaster if these assemblies were allowed to write their own Bibles and pass it across as God's laws.
Op, there is nothing like restitution that says you should send your second wife and her children away.
2.There is nowhere in the Bible that says because you have a second wife you are disqualified from making Heaven.
3. There is no place that Jesus has said he doesn't love you and has condemned you to Hell just because you have a second wife.
However, you can't serve God as Bishop or Pastor in a Church because leading a polygamous family is enough headache on its own as to afford you the time to lead a Church. It will mock the church as much as a drunk preacher will do
But then
If you ensure that righteousness, peace, justice and godliness rules in your home; that any conflicts that may arise are resolved amicably, you are not seen to always favour one over the other, that the younger wife respects the older, you home will be enjoyed by all the inhabitants and you will make Heaven before many of the holier than thou family men.
Also, Please and Please, If you are in a Church that insists that you send your second wife and children away before they will accept you and stopped calling you a sinner, Leave that place.
There are Churches who will appreciate your repentance and good qualities on its present merit. Christianity doesn't continue to input your past mistakes or make unnecessary demands upon you.
In Acts of Apostles, some holier than thou brethren came up with law that Gentiles must be circumcised (according to Jewish laws and traditions) to be accepted as brethren but thankgod for the Apostles who used wisdom to resolve the matter eventually. Such that Adults were not forced to do circumcision but children born subsequently to the gentiles were circumcised.
PMail me, I will recommend some Churches for you that will not go on condeming you or demanding some foolish man made restitutions

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by veekid(m): 10:31am On Oct 23, 2016
Kill yourself
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by notoriousbabe: 10:32am On Oct 23, 2016
Move on with your life with them. The shiiit happened before you knew Christ

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Don't be silly. Y worry yourself about a useless religion invented in Rome?

If I were you, I would marry 2 more concubines & curse any1 who dare challenges me. Let them expunge the marital life of king solomon from their useless holy book and then I'll take them seriously. grin

Abraham married 2 wives, Jacob married 2 wives, David married 2 wives & even commandeered Bathsheba from Uriah the hittite, Solomon married 300 wives + 700 concubines - and these were purportedly the men after Yahweh's heart - Pathetic! grin

Now, Gboromidelerus of Yahweh our Heavenly Father - you already know the deal. grin Flaming javelin of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale straight to your heart. Thank Obatala, I just poured 1-litre of palm-oil on my Ogun this early MoMo. grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 23, 2016
He should stick with his two wives and move on with his life smiley

5 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by d33types: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2016
@ evansjeff, Who said it's not allowed? Give clear scriptures to back up your point.

Don't even give the excuse of "a man and his wife becomes one"
Monogamy is simply cultural and not religious, besides the bible never condemned any polygamist either directly or indirectly

So if a man drops his second wife who is eg 25yrs, she will remarry or stay single for life? So her sexual live will be doomed for eternity cos of one foolish mans mistake?

HARDDON, Hagar fled from Abraham's wife. Abraham didn't send her away.get your facts right.

7 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 23, 2016
simply stick to his two wives

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by lonelydora: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2016
You have done nothing wrong. You will make heaven. Continue doing what is right. Divorce itself is not allowed except on adultery which you must seek the consent of your pastor and other people too.

Solomon = 300 wives + 700 concubines

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by ibroh22(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2016
ok o
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by nmreports: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2016
Tough...
I love harddon response.

Dissolve the marriage but be responsible for everything.
Very important.
This may have to be the woman's cross for marrying someone else's husband.

I think.

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by notoriousbabe: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
says who? And you call yourself a woman. Thank God you are not god

7 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Coolgent(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

A woman is saying this?

Thats raw hypocrisy cry

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by uboma(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

You are right but what happens if he loves the second wife more

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by evansjeff(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2016
Lalasticlala, ishilove and co, what do you think about this?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by uboma(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

A woman is saying this?

Like it or not, she spoke well...
Learn to respect the opinion of others.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by joinnow: 10:37am On Oct 23, 2016
Retain the first one and leave the second but u have to settle the second heavily and also be responsible for the second children upkeep.
cool

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by realmindz: 10:37am On Oct 23, 2016
Tell him the famous people in the bible Yaweh loved.
1. Solomon
2. Jacob
3. David
4. Abraham

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by 86bee(f): 10:38am On Oct 23, 2016
Does this mean great men in the bible that married more than 1 wife are going to hell.

5 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Coolgent(m): 10:39am On Oct 23, 2016
Oga dont tear your family apart!
But in case you choose to... let me know when u divorce any one of them, cos am reading to marry her as my second wife.
NB: help me with her phone number too.

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Malakh: 10:39am On Oct 23, 2016
Scriptures allows as many wives as you can marry as long you can take care of them, if something was wrong with it then king David a man after God's heart would have had problems with God, we Hebrews can marry as many women as we like, as a matter of fact seven women awaits us in that day and I know that day, but you are right from a xtian doctrine/perspective which is not Hebrews you can stick to one wife seeing that women make decisions for you and you are supposed to kneel before them if you want to marry then lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okpaleke: Rejected As Bishop In Imo, Accepted By The Pope As Cardinal (Video) / Service Of Songs For Eunice Olawale In Abuja / Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.