Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? (52844 Views)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) / 7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by ERONX(m): 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2016
Although I'm not a churchy type, I'm a christian, and I'm not trying to condemn any Nigerian pastor or pastors... Its a pity most Nigerian pastors live lavishly and majority of their members wallow in poverty.

I decided to go to church today Sunday after a long time, during service I discovered how simple the pastor was dressed, no flashy suits, no flashy gold rolex, no bodyguard's etc. He preached the word with utmost sincerity and I had a nice time in the presence of God. I was asked to step forward as a first timer, the pastor prayed for me and after service the members and pastors kept on welcoming me. The pastor even invited me to have lunch with his family after service which I generously turned down.

THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANITY IS ALL ABOUT BROTHERLY LOVE.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by TeGaTeGa1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
yeah... TB Joshua does

wait ooooo, NAIRALAND, SO I AM FIRST TO COMMENT, does it mean all nairalanders in nigeria and abroad are going to see this comment once they come on nairaland, this thread to the specific cheesy grin

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by mii4u(f): 12:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
I wouldn't even support any pastor to dress like that cos it doesn't look decent

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by FreshBoss007: 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
what's simple about that? I see that as plain childish.... can your dad dress like that to church?

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by ERONX(m): 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
FreshBoss007:
what's simple about that? I see that as plain childish.... can your dad dress like that to church?
Wearing a jean shorts and T-shirt is childish? dude grow up

189 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by eshietIntrepid(m): 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
ERONX:

if dressing this way to church and climbing the pulpit to preach is growing up, then I'll remain a baby.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
Catholic Priest are best known for this!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by francis247(m): 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
Yes. On JUDGEMENT DAY.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by wolesmile(m): 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
Who sai?

Wey be sey to dem, Na their fashion style dem want make congregation talk about after service.

"See the designer suit wey man of God where today"
"See im Italian shoe"
"The Diamond wristwatch Na bam"
"You no see the ring? 24 carat!!"

When are we going to stop being vain and realize that the vanities of the earth remains here on earth after we're gone. What remains of you is the number of impacts you are able to make while still on earth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by olu77(m): 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
Who brought this to front page angry

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by INTROVERT(f): 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
Not in my country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by petsey(m): 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
lol! how money wan take show if Nigeria pastor dress like Dis go weekdays programs sef not to talk of Sunday service. hahahahah

6 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
This is not decent

7 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by dunkem21(m): 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
My pastor dresses like that but without the shorts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by emeijeh(m): 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
Lai lai
They prefer this style below

columbus007:
I was almost leaving the church,okay let me go back and pray 4u so that u can recieve sense undecided
Epic!

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
All these people saying this is not decent, shey when its time for census now , they wee na count those ones as people abi undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by mployer(m): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
Indecent dressing angry
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Youngpo413: 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
Yes.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by columbus007(m): 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
FreshBoss007:
I was almost leaving the church,okay let me go back and pray 4u so that u can recieve sense undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
mii4u:
I wouldn't even support any pastor to dress like that cos it doesn't look decent
Whats Your definition of decent please?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Youngzedd(m): 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
Packaging is money.
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by samtee37(m): 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
It doesn't look ok at all....
Wait
Can you dress like that to an interview.. ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by TLAX: 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
ERONX:
Although I'm not a churchy type, I'm a christian, and I'm not trying to condemn any Nigerian pastor or pastors... Its a pity most Nigerian pastors live lavishly and majority of their members wallow in poverty.

I decided to go to church today Sunday after a long time, during service I discovered how simple the pastor was dressed, no flashy suits, no flashy gold rolex, no bodyguard's etc. He preached the word with utmost sincerity and I had a nice time in the presence of God. I was asked to step forward as a first timer, the pastor prayed for me and after service the members and pastors kept on welcoming me. The pastor even invited me to have lunch with his family after service which I generously turned down.

THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANITY IS ALL ABOUT BROTHERLY LOVE.

It depends on who and what you are targeting? If you dey target youth.....from corpers downward, this might work for you. If you are targetting the older established guys, then this is a no-no. It all depends on what/who the pastor is after.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by martineinstein(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
i wud rada attend a church service of a pastor who dresses like dis and doent xtort his members and he is a humanitarian than go to a mega church where d pastors dresses flashingly and xtort his gullible prey

27 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
Like seriously, the comments of some of us here exposes why the church continues to slide down into the depths of materialism, that is why pastors have turned the pulpit to their own fashion run way, show casing their latest acquisitions while many of their members languish in poverty.
I believe in being simple, even the Bible preaches moderation. Sadly many of us equate societal status and respect with dressing and ability to impress from the wardrobe.

26 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by oloriooko(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
Dressing that way does not make him humble neither does it make him a rascal
The dressing is descent and he's comfortable with it so it should not be used as a yardstick for pastorate dressing.
Definitely his church members will come to church in shorts and bum shorts.
Dressing to church is a personal decision but descency must be the watch word.
Anyway, I like his simplicity wink

4 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Ezenwa11(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
In Fela's voice "pastor's shoes na em dey fine pass" "pastor's cloth na em dey clean pass" "pastor's cars na em dey fine pass"

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by timilehing(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Money & talks of prosperity don turn their head

4 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by alezzy13: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
rather too casual.

decency would be more like Adeboye, Joseph Prince etc

my opinion tho

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by martineinstein(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
mii4u:
pls,what is a decent dressing?

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by wildchild1: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Sure they can and some of them do actually

Check my signature
Re: Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? by Donmichaelz(m): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
ERONX:

would you take anyone who dresses like that seriously,anything u see a white man do you feel it is always right,,Continue,its u who need to grow up,,,,

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Avoid These Sexual Pleasures In 2019 / Social Distancing In Akwa Ibom Church (Photo) / 'Jesus' Image' Appears Above Colombian City Where 17 People Died Of Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.