Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler (4388 Views)

"Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert / 6 Ways Of Rebuilding Trust In Your Marriage After It's Been Broken / My Wife Is Stubborn. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by sisisioge: 9:49am On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
My energy level is alarming too.

OK...I year u.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2016
Seal7:

Then oga Solo must have been a very stubborn pikin. grin I was also "abused" when I was in primary school. Tho the teacher was later dealt with, I still wont support flogging a child to the extent of causing serious injuries, black or white.
Oga solo was a stubborn boy. There's no day I don't go on suspension in a term.

There should be a limit. Flogging a child to that extent is wrong though and I don't support it, not in the least bit.

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2016
Mimzyy:

I beg to disagree with you, the fact that a child is from a home where things are not going on well between the parents does not automatically mean that they will not be open to correction.

Yes, dialogue works. I know this because i have tried it many a time, it might not work all of the time but you will get desired result if you are persistent enough. If i can tell a child that is barely two years old that "if you throw that water bottle, no cheeseballs for you" (of course with a very stern look) and she automatically hands over the water bottle to me, then yes!! dialogue works no matter how young the child is. I will not be a party to child abuse under the pretext of reprimanding. When you catch them young, whatever you imbibe in them will stick with them.
That's one child. The parental care that child received is different from that others receive.

I tell you, next time that child do(es) something right, he or she will be waiting for cheezeball, and if that cheeseball doesn't come, then you won't like it.

Like I said, I work with kids, and heck, they take people for granted, especially when you show them you can be taken for granted.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Dyt(f): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:

Like I said, I work with kids, and heck, they take people for granted, especially when you show them you can be taken for granted.

Are you a Tisha?
Tisha solomon
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2016
Dyt:

Are you a Tisha?
Tisha solomon
I teach part-time. Teaching is something I love doing.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2016
sisisioge:

OK...I year u.
Oya come and whisper it in my ear.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Dyt(f): 10:07am On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
I teach part-time. Teaching is something I love doing.

Tell me about it
smiley
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2016
Dyt:

Tell me about it
smiley
I've stopped telling tales about myself here, where any and every foolish degenerate and delinquent eye can read but never understand.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Mimzyy(f): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2016
Who are those playing love on my thread angry angry angry
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Dyt(f): 10:16am On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
where any and every foolish degenerate and delinquent eye can read but never understand.

Now this is dope

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

I am keeping this
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Dyt(f): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2016
Mimzyy:
Who are those playing love on my thread angry angry angry

I thought I have stopped derailing threads
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Mimzyy(f): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
That's one child. The parental care that child received is different from that others receive.

I tell you, next time that child do(es) something right,[s] he or she will be waiting for cheezeball, and if that cheeseball doesn't come, then you won't like it. [/s]

Like i stated earlier, reward good behaviour (does not even have to be something edible, a big hug goes a long way, "good girl, clap for yourself", i could go on and on) and deprive them of something they cherish for bad behaviour.

Maybe you just happen to have very spoilt children to work with.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Mimzyy(f): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2016
Elo get a room jawe, you and salamonkane abi na solomon grundy grin

Dyt:

I thought I have stopped derailing threads
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mimzyy:

Like i stated earlier, reward good behaviour (does not even have to be something edible, a big hug goes a long way, "good girl, clap for yourself", i could go on and on) and deprive them of something they cherish for bad behaviour.

Maybe you just happen to have very spoilt children to work with.
Basing your assumption on the basis of one kid isn't much to go for, I tell you.

I work with different kids. Spoilt, good, bad, nice and whatever. Like I said, the carrot and stick method works well.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
Dyt:

Now this is dope

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

I am keeping this
Wouldn't it be nicer if you keep the 'head' it came from? wink
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Dyt(f): 12:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
Wouldn't it be nicer if you keep the 'head' it came from? wink

Can you cook and clean?
Are you level headed?
Can you bath and change baby?
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Dyt:

Can you cook and clean?
Are you level headed?
Can you bath and change baby?
The only thing I can't do is birth a baby and breast feed a baby. Heck, why you ask all this, hope you ain't looking for a house boy?
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Dyt(f): 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
The only thing I can't do is birth a baby and breast feed a baby. Heck, why you ask all this, hope you ain't looking for a house boy?
Just looking for a partner in all crimes

Do you have an unimaginable sense of humor?

Btw are you tall, Slim, bald, left handed, tattoos?
undecided undecided
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Dyt:

Just looking for a partner in all crimes

Do you have an unimaginable sense of humor?

Btw are you tall, Slim, bald, left handed, tattoos?
undecided undecided
I don't like tattoos. Like I said before, I don't wanna spill stuff about myself here.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Mimzyy(f): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:

I laugh in Swahili grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Mimzyy(f): 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
Basing your assumption on the basis of one kid isn't much to go for, I tell you.

I work with different kids. Spoilt, good, bad, nice and whatever. Like I said, the carrot and stick method works well.

Ok Mr Carrot n Stick smiley
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mimzyy:

I laugh in Swahili grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Why didn't you laugh in Israeli? grin hehehe

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mimzyy:

Ok Mr Carrot n Stick smiley
Madam Cheeseballs. grin care for some balls? Lol.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Mimzyy(f): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
Madam Cheeseballs. grin care for some balls? Lol.

Akara balls? undecided

If you don't stop putting you phone(s) in your pocket, you'll have your balls fried pretty soon. Don't say i didn't tell you o.
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Dyt(f): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2016
SalomonKane:
I don't like tattoos. Like I said before, I don't wanna spill stuff about myself here.

OK then
Meet me at the other room
wink

2 Likes

Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Dyt(f): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mimzyy:

Akara balls? undecided

If you don't stop putting you phone(s) in your pocket, you'll have your balls fried pretty soon. Don't say i didn't tell you o.

You gon fry those balls?
It will be so melty and jelly
*chewing mouth*
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Mimzyy(f): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
His phone(s) will fry them, not me . lol

Dyt:

You gon fry those balls?
It will be so melty and jelly
*chewing mouth*

[b]In one of our training sessions,my mentor collected a Nokia torch hand set with fully charged battery. He brought a fresh egg. Then he puts the egg and the handset together and place them into a polythene bag. He tied the bag and told us to call the phone number..... Calling....calling.. ..busy.. busy.
When the battery is drained down, he gave the phone to the owner and cracked the egg.
Behold the egg was cooked!!.. done!!!. We were surprised and asked for the explanation. He told us that every handset emits electromagnetic rays. That it was the rays that was responsible for cooking of that egg. He also said that for device to be named " hand set " by international bodies is not by accident.
He said that it is never a pocket set. He went on to say that males (men) have egg resemblance in between their legs...scrotum. He admonished men to stop putting their hand set in their pockets, but to hold on hand. If you continue to put set in your pocket, the radiation from it will denature your spermatozoa and cook your scrotum . That is why our men will marry 2 to 3 years no Issues. They begin to blame their wife. They will visit men of God for fasting and prayers. God will answer them and reverse the condition, but coming out of the church, they put back the handset in their pockets and continued to denature their sperm and cook their scrotum again.
Before a communication mast is mounted in your property, you will be paid between 10 to 20 million naira as long as you sign a document the network provider gives you. People don't even read the document. Only sign and collect the pay. The document reads in part within the middle ( we are giving you this money to buy land in another place and relocate, because what we are about to mount here is dangerous to your health ) . If you continue to stay there in about 10 to 15 years period, you and others living there will be suffering from one cancer case to the other.

Please guys, don't be putting handset in your pockets. Inform your friends and relatives about the dangers. Ladies inform your brothers, male friends and relatives the same.

By putting sets in your pocket or inside bra Can cause prostrate and breast cancer respectively.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discuss a little on one of the burning health issues.
#copied[/b]

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
Dyt:

OK then
Meet me at the other room
wink
I'm on my way. Hope the bed is made, and you'll be lying there with your transparent nightie on? grin
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by SalomonKane: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mimzyy:

Akara balls? undecided

If after putting my phone for more than 13 years haven't fried my balls, I doubt it ever will.

Beside, my balls gat a lot to offer. wink
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by MidasTouche01(m): 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mimzyy:

Welcome back ma'am

I missed you
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by hahn(m): 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mimzyy:
His phone(s) will fry them, not me . lol

[b]In one of our training sessions,my mentor collected a Nokia torch hand set with fully charged battery. He brought a fresh egg. Then he puts the egg and the handset together and place them into a polythene bag. He tied the bag and told us to call the phone number..... Calling....calling.. ..busy.. busy.
When the battery is drained down, he gave the phone to the owner and cracked the egg.
Behold the egg was cooked!!.. done!!!. We were surprised and asked for the explanation. He told us that every handset emits electromagnetic rays. That it was the rays that was responsible for cooking of that egg. He also said that for device to be named " hand set " by international bodies is not by accident.
He said that it is never a pocket set. He went on to say that males (men) have egg resemblance in between their legs...scrotum. He admonished men to stop putting their hand set in their pockets, but to hold on hand. If you continue to put set in your pocket, the radiation from it will denature your spermatozoa and cook your scrotum . That is why our men will marry 2 to 3 years no Issues. They begin to blame their wife. They will visit men of God for fasting and prayers. God will answer them and reverse the condition, but coming out of the church, they put back the handset in their pockets and continued to denature their sperm and cook their scrotum again.
Before a communication mast is mounted in your property, you will be paid between 10 to 20 million naira as long as you sign a document the network provider gives you. People don't even read the document. Only sign and collect the pay. The document reads in part within the middle ( we are giving you this money to buy land in another place and relocate, because what we are about to mount here is dangerous to your health ) . If you continue to stay there in about 10 to 15 years period, you and others living there will be suffering from one cancer case to the other.

Please guys, don't be putting handset in your pockets. Inform your friends and relatives about the dangers. Ladies inform your brothers, male friends and relatives the same.

By putting sets in your pocket or inside bra Can cause prostrate and breast cancer respectively.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discuss a little on one of the burning health issues.
#copied[/b]

This myth has been debuked.

Ask google
Re: Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler by Mimzyy(f): 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=MidasTouche01 post=50496307][/quote]

Missed you too wink. Can we ditch the "ma'am" please. Thank you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need An Advice / Help Me As I Am Losing It Right Now / Uhrobo Wa Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.