Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Pressing Issue! Kogi Poly On Fire Over Result Mismanagement. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressing Issue! Kogi Poly On Fire Over Result Mismanagement. (511 Views)

Oau Aspirants Lament Over Result / Kogi Poly students riot over death of colleague killed by Dangote truck(Photos) / NOUN Students Tackle Management Over Result Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pressing Issue! Kogi Poly On Fire Over Result Mismanagement. by DamsGold(m): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
I don't have the intention to pick a pen against any organisation/institution but the dilatory tactics and mismanagement attitude of Kogi poly inclined me to pick my pen. This particular case has caused set back to many of us and i'm convinced that if we don't cry out now or if we keep reticent the school will continue raping, robbing and depriving her students their right without feeling guilty.
When we finished our ND2 second semester exam on 29th September, 2015 we were all jubilating and celebrating not because we didn't know the current economic situation of our dear country but we were gleeful because we thought the pressure cook was going to be over for a while.
In Nigeria, after every national diploma programs there comes result and industrial training but our own case was different. KOGI STATE POLYTECHNIC, SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY department has refused to issued our result to us without any explanation, some department were lucky to received theirs at the right time, though.
When i wanted to purchase Jamb direct entry form, i personally went to the school for not less than 10 times before one of the lecturer could pity my frustrated face and whispered my result unto my ear. I used "whispered" because then, they keep saying the result has not been approved.
On 22th September, 2016 one of my colleagues sent me a photo of secular on whats app which was signed by Kogi state polytechnic registrar and it was stated on the secular that the submission of clearance and collection of result Shall commence 27th & 28th September, 2016 respectively. We were all happy when we saw this notice thinking we are going to sign out of Kogi poly *wahala* at last.
We all walked to the school on the stated date hoping to get our result & IT letter. *here, something silly spilled up*. The exam officer showed us our result and told us to move to the record office for the collections.
We went to the record office only for them to chased us away. Saying “the result was approved yesterday and we have not prepare it for issuing. Go away, come back later!" *note! dey no give us date o o*
Could you believe that some of my colleagues came all the way from lagos because of this result. Fare from lagos to Kogi state is #3500. To and fro is #7000 in this economic recession. Wait, ain't this gibberish? Many of my colleagues spent four days at the school squatting with students and hoping for positive response from the record office but all effort proved to be abortive.
I'm so disappointed, none of the staff members could come to advice us formally. Wait, Is this not Absurd?
We left the school with no clue on when to receive our statement of result...
To cap it all, Some of us who obtained HND form either from the school or other institutions need this statement of result to complete our registration process, and here we are left unshackled to proceed further.
I'm tired of this bunch of crap, I'm tired of Kogi poly wahala.
I then ask, why do we have to pay for their mismanagement?
Why is the school denying us our property?
What's the work of the examination board?
What really happened to our result.
I'm not sure if NBTE do inspects the activities of this school!
Enough is Enough
kogi poly give me my result or else prepare to face justice.
#I'mpleading4justice

Re: Pressing Issue! Kogi Poly On Fire Over Result Mismanagement. by Oyiboman69: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
I laugh in Cotonou.
Re: Pressing Issue! Kogi Poly On Fire Over Result Mismanagement. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
Hmm
Re: Pressing Issue! Kogi Poly On Fire Over Result Mismanagement. by DamsGold(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
Yeah, It's annoying

(1) (Reply)

Poor Facilities Spark Bitter Row At FGC, Ilorin / ASUU Vows To Ground All Varsities As Labour Minister, Ngige Appeals / Any hope for Polytechnic Students Seeking Scholarships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.