Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria (2776 Views)

Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2018 / Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by Zirah: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ernst & Young, one of the UK's biggest graduate recruiters, has announced it will be removing the degree classification from its entry criteria, saying there is "no evidence" success at university correlates with achievement in later life.

In an unprecendented move, the accountancy firm is scrapping its policy of requiring a 2:1 and the equivalent of three B grades at A-level in order to open opportunities for talented individuals "regardless of their background".

Maggie Stilwell, EY’s managing partner for talent, said the company would use online assessments to judge the potential of applicants.

"Academic qualifications will still be taken into account and indeed remain an important consideration when assessing candidates as a whole, but will no longer act as a barrier to getting a foot in the door," she said.

"Our own internal research of over 400 graduates found that screening students based on academic performance alone was too blunt an approach to recruitment.

"It found no evidence to conclude that previous success in higher education correlated with future success in subsequent professional qualifications undertaken."

The company offers 200 graduate-level jobs each year, making it the fifth largest recruiter of graduates in the UK. The changes will come into force in 2016.

Earlier this year, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) scrapped using UCAS points as entry criteria for its graduate scheme. The audit firm believes placing too much emphasis on the scores will mean employers may miss out on key talent from disadvantaged backgrounds, who can perform less well at school.

A report published last week revealed wealthy kids are 35% more likely to become high earners than clever, disadvantaged young people, even if they are not academically gifted.

http://m.huffingtonpost.in/entry/ernst-and-young-removes-degree-classification-entry-criteria_n_7932590

4 Likes

Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by goldiam(f): 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
Nice one,remaining age too.

2 Likes

Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by ademasta(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
After age, then skin colour and race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by ElDeeVee(m): 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
goldiam:

Calm down as we are working towards that too cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by GreenCap: 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
goldiam:
thank you Sister, age really deny me jobs
it pains when you see liars get employed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
GreenCap:

thank you Sister, age really deny me jobs
it pains when you see liars get employed

God bless yhu

1 Like

Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by sammy6(m): 11:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
I love Nairaland. The posts above mine are all priceless
Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by ednut1(m): 6:48am On Oct 24, 2016
stale. EY Nigeria wont try dat i guess
Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by shirgzy: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2016
when are we expecting recruitment?
Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by chumakk: 8:33am On Oct 24, 2016
They don get sense small small. Certificates do not build wealth it is natural sense. Look for people that have it.
Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by amicable09(f): 8:51am On Oct 24, 2016
Is it every year they remove degree classification from entry level criteria

I read this same news last year.
Reading it again this year.
Will read it again next year. grin

EY has something to say...
Listen! cheesy

EY REMOVES DEGREE CLASSIFICATION FROM ENTRY LEVEL RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENT - Year 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by Zirah: 8:55am On Oct 24, 2016
Lol. Hilarious.

amicable09:
Is it every year they remove degree criteria from entry level

Listen! cheesy
Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by amicable09(f): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2016
Zirah:
Lol. Hilarious.

Lol. Zirah the never changing headline has worn us out grin. They should say something new that we have not heard before.
Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by jejemanito: 10:34am On Oct 24, 2016
amicable09:
Is it every year they remove degree classification from entry level criteria

Listen! cheesy

EY REMOVES DEGREE CLASSIFICATION FROM ENTRY LEVEL RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENT - Year 2020

Of Course They Removed It Since Last Year. I Remember Coming Across Such Thread Sadly It Wasn't Pushed To FP

I Criticized Seun And His Mods For It And They Hid My Post grin

Pathetic.
Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by amicable09(f): 11:18am On Oct 24, 2016
jejemanito:

Of Course They Removed It Since Last Year. I Remember Coming Across Such Thread Sadly It Wasn't Pushed To FP

I Criticized Seun And His Mods For It And They Hid My Post grin

Pathetic.
Lol. Sorry but you were not to criticize any Mod for any reason na, you broke a rule cheesy. Were you sent to jail? I hope you've served your term? cheesy

Over to the matter at hand, EY said they have removed the degree classification last year and that last year I read the publication here on NL, whether it was moved to FP or not, I don't know. I read everything that catches my interest no matter where it is posted except I don't come across it.

So did they add it back after the removal or what?
Re: Ernst & Young Removes Degree Classification From Entry Criteria by Philomath1212: 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
grin grin
amicable09:

Lol. Sorry but you were not to criticize any Mod for any reason na, you broke a rule cheesy. Were you sent to jail? I hope you've served your term? cheesy

Over to the matter at hand, EY said they have removed the degree classification last year and that last year I read the publication here on NL, whether it was moved to FP or not, I don't know. I read everything that catches my interest no matter where it is posted except I don't come across it.

grin
amicable09:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

deleted / Ptdf Training / Standard Chartered Bank Teller Portharcourt Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.