Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,184 members, 7,780,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:31 AM

Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List (4041 Views)

Students In Harvard University Vs Those In Uniport And Unical / A Big Mistake In My JAMB Exam / Pls What Is The Cut Off Mark For Science Laboratory Technology In Uniport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by chuckwizzy(m): 5:45am On Oct 24, 2016
hello guys I'm a little worried.. although I just got admission into my course and every detail is correct, except for the spelling of one of my names as ckukwuebuka instead of chukwuebuka... I just noticed that the mistake originated from my jamb result, so the misspelling in my jamb result affected the spelling in my name on the admission list, please what should I do
Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by Olabodedennis(m): 6:03am On Oct 24, 2016
Go nd get an affidavit of correction of name in a nearby court
Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2016
Olabodedennis:

U just got the solution to ur problem.

1 Like

Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by chuckwizzy(m): 10:52am On Oct 24, 2016
Olabodedennis:
Pls how do I go about the affidavit process
Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by Olabodedennis(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2016
Go 2 a court that is closer 2 u nd meet with any of dere workers nd tell dem u wnt 2 do an affidavit, u will b told wat 2 do
Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by onuwaje(m): 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
I had same problem in 2010 when i gained admission in uniport here are the steps i took..

1. Get an affidavit
2. Go to admissions office with the affidavit and write an application which will be forwarded by d admissions office to ICT to effect corrections..

This usually takes a week..

Well now i am a graduate with my correct names on my school certificate

But here is what they wont tell you...

Once the name correction has been effected they wont tell you it will affect you during the course of ur nysc...

So here are the steps i can prescribe to reduce the stress durin ur mobilization

1. Visit jamb office in ph (head office) or abj to effect correction..because it is the jamb details that will be used by nysc
2. Or u can also do ur nysc reg with d wrong name and den correct it in camp.

Today i can proudly tell u all my cert (nysc and bsc ) carries d right name

1 Like

Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by chuckwizzy(m): 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
onuwaje:
I had same problem in 2010 when i gained admission in uniport here are the steps i took..

1. Get an affidavit
2. Go to admissions office with the affidavit and write an application which will be forwarded by d admissions office to ICT to effect corrections..

This usually takes a week..

Well now i am a graduate with my correct names on my school certificate

But here is what they wont tell you...

Once the name correction has been effected they wont tell you it will affect you during the course of ur nysc...

So here are the steps i can prescribe to reduce the stress durin ur mobilization

1. Visit jamb office in ph (head office) or abj to effect correction..because it is the jamb details that will be used by nysc
2. Or u can also do ur nysc reg with d wrong name and den correct it in camp.

Today i can proudly tell u all my cert (nysc and bsc ) carries d right name
so after getting my correction of name affidavit ,I should head over to uniports admission office where I will explain what happened and they will forward it to ictc? in your time they also misspellt your name aswell?
Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by onuwaje(m): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
chuckwizzy:
so after getting my correction of name affidavit ,I should head over to uniports admission office where I will explain what happened and they will forward it to ictc? in your time they also misspellt your name aswell?

The problem was from d person who registered my jamb

The first step is to carry ur affidavit to admissiins office
Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by chuckwizzy(m): 9:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
onuwaje:

The problem was from d person who registered my jamb

The first step is to carry ur affidavit to admissiins office
Pls in what manner should I tell them my situation. I'm just scared they'll chase me out of admission office
Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by onuwaje(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
chuckwizzy:
Pls in what manner should I tell them my situation. I'm just scared they'll chase me out of admission office

They wont
Just tell dem what d problem is
Re: Mistake In Jamb Name Affects My Name In Uniport Merit List by chuckwizzy(m): 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
onuwaje:

They wont
Just tell dem what d problem is
hey guys about my admission name issue.. my sister contacted her friend who is a Uniport senior lecturer and he said I don't need an affidavit, but all I need to do is wait for clearance to start and just tell them there that it's a mistake on my name and they'll just Correct it for me that it's not a big issue

(1) (Reply)

A Friend Asked Me This Confused Question, Wanted To Be Smart But Eye Clear / Any Part Time Form For Sale Now? / UNILORIN Graduating List 2012/2013 Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.