Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (808128 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dzamaka: 10:14am On Mar 21, 2019
Tifalf14:
I did.

Please what was your score and where did you write the test?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 21, 2019
I scored 66% and wrote on the 25th of January.

dzamaka:

Please what was your score and where did you write the test?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by alexogbebor(f): 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2019
I just got call from HCP for the AC invite, pls anyone with an idea of what the AC would look like.

Further to your performance in the Aptitude Test for the 2019 FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme, we are pleased to inform you that you have been short-listed for the next phase of the selection process.

The exercise is scheduled to run in various locations over the next 2 weeks.

You will receive a phone call confirming your attendance, and thereafter, a text message and an e-mail, containing the details of your specific schedule (venue, date and time). Please check your e-mail (Inbox, Spam and Junk folders) regularly.

We wish you the best in your preparations.

Best regards,

FirstBank/HCP Graduate Recruitment team
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
alexogbebor:
I just got call from HCP for the AC invite, pls anyone with an idea of what the AC would look like.

Further to your performance in the Aptitude Test for the 2019 FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme, we are pleased to inform you that you have been short-listed for the next phase of the selection process.

The exercise is scheduled to run in various locations over the next 2 weeks.

You will receive a phone call confirming your attendance, and thereafter, a text message and an e-mail, containing the details of your specific schedule (venue, date and time). Please check your e-mail (Inbox, Spam and Junk folders) regularly.

We wish you the best in your preparations.

Best regards,

FirstBank/HCP Graduate Recruitment team

Follow this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5088929/first-bank-2019-graduate-trainee/3
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 22, 2019
kchris007:
I did mine on the 22nd of July... And went for documentation yesterday.

As said in earlier posts, just get all your document ready... And pls, pls take along with you a valid means of identification to avoid unnecessary issues and delays.

Cheers to all that did theirs yesterday and those that will do theirs today.

Good morning bro.

Was WAEC-GCE considered in lieu of May/June WAEC?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 23, 2019
Iamabraham:
Good afternoon, everybody. I hope our day has been good. Let me use this medium to appreciate the frequent contributors on this thread, you guys are doing a great job. Let me also congratulate all those that have done their documentation and medicals. I also greet those awaiting mail for documentation and AC, the mail will certainly come I believe. Don't lose hope, you've been strong thus far, you only need to be stronger. I believe you will be called in due season. Please, don't pause your life because of this; march on and forge ahead.

To those awaiting invitation for TS, I have been contacting some persons who have passed through the academy, and here is what one them sent me.

I also asked him to lend his advice to ezzo09 on his missed documentation.

" Trust you had a nice sallah break.
I just hope I will be able to attand to all your questions.

I was part of the last set of graduate Trainees, in fact, I was one of the set Governors. TS is one of the best experiences you will experience. Of course, you will be drilled, so get ready for the stress and all.

There are no weekend lectures except on Saturdays if need be. You don't need any materials, everything will be provided for you. You just need to come with your personal belongings. Regardless of your discipline, be rest assured you will catch up. So don't panic, even if you studied theatre art.
There are a lot of activities lined up for you guys during the course of your stay at TS.
Hop
Unfornutalely, accommodation considerations is been given priority to up country Trainees, that's this outside Lagos.

Please, inform your colleague that missed out on the documentation to call/send a mail and s/he will be rescheduled. First Bank is very considerate when it comes to issues  asuch.

About the pay, I would suggest you guys don't pur your mind about money alone. Career growth and development is also key. The opportunities and experience I have as a First banker can not be compared to most organizations. Mind you, you will be working with a multinational organisation here, so weigh your options. 
There are no restrictions at the TS per say, except if you want to travel. Then you will need to officially take permission.

The courses offered ranges from Financial accounting, Customer sentric courses, Treasury, presentations, role play, Basic credit for beginners, among others. The facilitators are the best hands, so trust me you need not panic. You will be assessed periodically, cut off mark is 75% in every course! No jokes here!!!
Other side attractions like sports, swimming, BBQ..are also included to make your stay memorable. So feel free and enjoy  yourselves while offer last.
"

To those awaiting mails for AC and Documentation, I say: Don't lose heart, stay hopeful and 'alive'.

To those awaiting mails for TS, I say: Don't relent, the journey is just starting.

God bless us all.

Good morning.

Does FBN consider WAEC-GCE in lieu of May/June WAEC?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Mikelo93: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2019
ALKARULEZZ:

Good morning.

Does FBN consider WAEC-GCE in lieu of May/June WAEC?

pls is NECO result allowed cos thats what i have o
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
Stop being foolish , ur statement reflects your foolishness and small mindedness u must be willing to help others succeed even at your own expense because on the long run u all never loose....i dislike hearing people like you
prettysassygirl:
Hmmmmmm,preachers,let me be,because I stated the truth most people can't state I am now the bad person,don't blame me ,I am working on instructions
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by prettysassygirl(f): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2019
Wilston:
Stop being foolish , ur statement reflects your foolishness and small mindedness u must be willing to help others succeed even at your own expense because on the long run u all never loose....i dislike hearing people like you
I don't know what to say to you, as I can really see that u have a very lightbrain, see u studying an old post and instead of you picking one or two things to learn in this recruitment journey, u are castigating and calling someone foolish, the foolish and small mindedness person is in and you are trying to get in, I don't see the correlation dear. Focus on your own journey and stop displaying your judgemental skills
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by bluskyee: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
damilee:
Are we going to be paid the exact salary from training school or after the training school
damilee sup, it has really been a long time since I perched...we were on standard chartered thread that year, though I was a ghost cool...are you with Fbn, or you went somewhere else? I am asking because I got in...if you are with Fbn kindly respond or send a mail, I will really like a chat...
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Svelte98(f): 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2019
bluskyee:
damilee sup, it has really been a long time since I perched...we were on standard chartered thread that year, though I was a ghost cool...are you with Fbn, or you went somewhere else? I am asking because I got in...if you are with Fbn kindly respond or send a mail, I will really like a chat...
I think he got into pwc saw somewhere where he said it on the thread
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by bluskyee: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
Svelte98:
I think he got into pwc saw somewhere where he said it on the thread
Ohhh...thank you

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pussyAvenger: 11:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
l slightly
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by SamadLagos2016: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2019
Please was anybody invited for the 6th of April @ Beni Hotel Victoria Island, adjacent to Citi Bank
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Qualcoms(m): 10:28am On Mar 27, 2019
SamadLagos2016:
Please was anybody invited for the 6th of April @ Beni Hotel Victoria Island, adjacent to Citi Bank

Yeah...Time?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Wise1one: 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2019
please are we gonna b allowed to browse about the given topic of discussion so as to get insight

and please is it OK to go to an interview with a clean and well shaved side beards?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by SamadLagos2016: 9:49am On Mar 28, 2019
Qualcoms:

Yeah...Time?
7:30am
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Qualcoms(m): 11:08am On Mar 28, 2019
SamadLagos2016:

I am for 2pm...and I have found just 1 colleague
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Qualcoms(m): 11:08am On Mar 28, 2019
SamadLagos2016:

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Qualcoms(m): 11:09am On Mar 28, 2019
SamadLagos2016:

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TOSINIFE(m): 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2019
pussyAvenger:
l slightly altered my age during application... l'm scared.

l have been invited but l don't know what to do

Was it an error or you intentionally misstated it to beat the age requirement?
If it's an error, you should explain things to them at your AC.
If you did it to beat the system,just forget it.

My Opinion
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pussyAvenger: 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
TOSINIFE:

Was it an error or you intentionally misstated it to beat the age requirement?
If it's an error, you should explain things to them at your AC.
If you did it to beat the system,just forget it.

My Opinion
s
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pussyAvenger: 10:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
mayorchelsea:
I was there for hours only because more people arrived before me.Documentation took long not because there was any big deal in the process rather the number of people and the number of staff attending to people. I spent less than ten minutes during the process mainly because I didn't have issues with my credentials, I presume.I wasn't asked any question about any thing on my credentials after which I was given my medical form.For those going there tomorrow, try go with a valid ID card.International passport,voter's card,drivers license,national ID if available.National ID slip only as means of ID was initially frowned at.
h
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Phumbie007: 10:37am On Apr 05, 2019
hello please, i want to ask a question, i really don't have their listed valid means of ID, i just applied for national passport and it won't be available till next week 11th, i have only Lagos LASSRA
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Qualcoms(m): 11:03am On Apr 05, 2019
Phumbie007:
hello please, i want to ask a question, i really don't have their listed valid means of ID, i just applied for national passport and it won't be available till next week 11th, i have only Lagos LASSRA

Which ID did u present at your exam centre?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Phumbie007: 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
Qualcoms:

Which ID did u present at your exam centre?

the same LASSRA
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Qualcoms(m): 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
Phumbie007:

the same LASSRA
Then use it. But ensure u get the listed for later purpose
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pussyAvenger: 1:26am On Apr 08, 2019
mayorchelsea:
I made it!I also got my documentation mail today.It was too good to be real,God surely does answer prayers.Congratulations to everyone who made it and all the best to those still expectant.
Helo..

please l'd love us to have a chat
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pussyAvenger: 1:30am On Apr 08, 2019
Nchabuomo:
Got the documentation mail.....God is great. Good luck to all still waiting!
pls can we have a chat?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pussyAvenger: 10:19am On Apr 08, 2019
Timony007:
Documentation mail just came in for me o. Praise God.
hi ....l'd love us to talk
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pussyAvenger: 10:21am On Apr 08, 2019
cheks123:
For the candidates that will doing their AC this week, let me just my experience with you as much as I can remember.

1. Like it was said before, prepare for numerical reasoning (20 min for 20 questions majorly SHL)

2. Prepare for logical reasoning (20 minutes for 15 question)

I could not cope the above 1 and 2, so I did tom boku tom boku. I pray God will help me to scale through.

3. There will be group discussion where each group will be given the same topic to work on. For my set, we were as to discuss on HOW FG, CBN AND COMMERCIAL BANKS CAN HELP TO SOLVE THE CHALLENGES FACED BY THE LOCAL MANUFACTURERS.

4. You will also be required to make PowerPoint slides (25 minutes) based on the group discussion. You will also do the presentation of the slide for 10 minutes.

5. Not only that, you will do an essay in not more than 600 words based on the group discussion.

6. You will be interviewed. Some of the questions are:
Can we know you? Or tell us about yourself.
How can the course you studied be applied in first bank?
What do you know about first bank?
Tell us first bank products and services you know.
Have you been in a situation where by you have to stand for something you think was right even though others did not agree with you? If yes, tell us your experience?
Have you been give a task with no enough time to meet up? If yes, relate your experience. How did you deliver the task within the little time?
That is all I can remember for the interview aspect.

8. You be give personality test to fill. That one was not timed.

On a general note, AC was very very organised. You too have to be very organised and composed to succeed.
AC was very fast and swift. You how to develop the speed of flash.
Remember to adhere strictly to all their instructions. Failure to do so you could be disqualified.
helo can we talk?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pussyAvenger: 10:22am On Apr 08, 2019
Psittacus:
The assessment was indeed well organised. I was scheduled for last Friday, 1:30 pm.
I got there early because it's my first time in Lagos. Got to the venue at 10am, the academy is behind first Bank along Eric Moore road. I had a lot of time to chill out at the cafeteria.

Everyone has said a lot already, just let me chip in a few observations.

The point of accreditation was the first point of call, there I overheard the organizer saying dressing is very important, he specifically said that it's 5point.

The topic of discussion is also very important, keep it some where safe. You will need it for your presentation and essay, by then you might not have time consult the points you jotted.

Presentation is power point not power word, also know that whatever topic you are giving, the bank must play a role. You might like to input the bank role as well.

Time is always of the essence, I lost my lunch pack in the midst of the whole thing, we were giving about 5mins for that sumptuous lunch. Just keep it somewhere and you can always go back for it.

You might also want to to look into the banking services offered by first Bank.
Numerical reasoning, just study all sorts of charts(distance,commission,discount etc.)
Logical reasoning is similar to the analytical reasoning in dragnet. All the best

help.. can we talk?

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.