Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress (42690 Views)

The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes / Update On The Lagos Light Rail, Eko Bridge Axis - Photos / The True State Of Lagos Light Rail Marina Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Rossikk(m): 3:22am On Oct 25, 2016

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by CLASSMAN: 3:24am On Oct 25, 2016
Eko oni baje

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:27am On Oct 25, 2016
cool

Lagos State remains the only reason why I find it so hard to insult all APC Governors cool

151 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 25, 2016
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Sibrah: 3:42am On Oct 25, 2016
Lol . . . How will naysayers sleep today?
This is one of the advantages of voting in a single party with a supervisory 'godfather' who picks the top candidates often. Tinubu maybe totally 'useless' . . . but not to 'everybody'

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by madridguy(m): 3:53am On Oct 25, 2016
Superb.

22 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Rossikk(m): 4:06am On Oct 25, 2016
The fact is that despite all her problems, Nigeria is developing, and gradually becoming a modern, 21st century nation. At the rate we're going, this country will look very different in the next 20 to 30 years.

109 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by kolaitan(m): 4:12am On Oct 25, 2016
Thank God for the leaders dat see beyond the present and continue where dia predecessors stop.
Ambode working, Lagos is moving.
Eko o ni bajé.

99 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by aresssa: 4:34am On Oct 25, 2016
*Igbos* APC propaganda, it's all lies *Igbos*

grin grin

39 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by LoveMachine(m): 4:45am On Oct 25, 2016
Rossikk:
The fact is that despite all her problems, Nigeria is developing, and gradually becoming a modern, 21st century nation. At the rate we're going, this country will look very different in the next 20 to 30 years.

Yessir!

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by RZArecta(m): 4:46am On Oct 25, 2016
Like I've always been advocating, states should push for a sort of regional high speed rail network. Finance won't be a problem ie states/world bank/AfDB and even private investors so its not much of an excuse. The only thing that stands in the way now is the railway corporation being under the FG but I believe legislation can be amended for the greater good of the country. Once again, great development

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Rossikk(m): 4:57am On Oct 25, 2016
RZArecta:
Like ice always been advocating, states should push for a sort of regional high speed rail network. Finance won't be a problem ie states/world bank/AfDB and even private investors so its not much of an excuse. The only thing that stands in the way now is the railway corporation being under the FG but I believe legislation can be amended for the greater good of the country. Once again, great development

I believe there is a national blueprint in place in which all states are connected by high speed rail. It's a long-term project which probably won't be completed till 2035 earliest.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 25, 2016
Yet some people compare our sophistication with other regions. God bless the yoruba's

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by RZArecta(m): 5:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Rossikk:

I believe there is a national blueprint in place in which all states are connected by high speed rail. It's a long-term project which probably won't be completed till 2035 earliest.
it's called the 25 yr railway master plan and has been in place for some years already though I don't know how far into the plan (yrs) we've gone but I know it entailed most of the development we saw in the rail sector these past few years but I believe things can be done much faster if there's sincerity of purpose

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by abdulskulboy(m): 5:06am On Oct 25, 2016
ebami ki governor ambode, the best governor i must confess, more power to ya elbow.
EKO ONI BAJE OO

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Kingsley1000(m): 5:08am On Oct 25, 2016
our south eastern governors are all criminals..........especially the man that always wear a clothe with his image on it

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Rossikk(m): 5:08am On Oct 25, 2016
RZArecta:
it's called the 25 yr railway master plan and has been in place for some years already though I don't know how far into the plan (yrs) we've gone but I know it entailed most of the development we saw in the rail sector these past few years but I believe things can be done much faster if there's sincerity of purpose

The recently commissioned Abuja-Kaduna high speed line is Phase 1 of the project.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Kingsley1000(m): 5:09am On Oct 25, 2016
this is replica of what i saw in hangzou,ghounzou and shanghai the last i visited China

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by aresssa: 5:30am On Oct 25, 2016
RZArecta:
Like I've always been advocating, states should push for a sort of regional high speed rail network. Finance won't be a problem ie states/world bank/AfDB and even private investors so its not much of an excuse. The only thing that stands in the way now is the railway corporation being under the FG but I believe legislation can be amended for the greater good of the country. Once again, great development

This single issue is a major impediment. Reminds me how GEJ played politics with the Lagos Metro Rail Red Line.

Investors were ready with over 1 billion dollars to invest for the construction of the Red Line from Lagos to Ogun state, but GEJ refused to approve the Iddo station right off way which frustrated the investors till they eventually gave up...

Funny enough, Lagos state started this Metro Rail dream over 30 years ago, they broke ground and stationed heavy equipment in Yaba and even paid millions of dollars which the state lost after the FG refused to guarantee the loan and forex for the projects and this was done by the same PMB as the head of state.

Same way OBJ frustrated Tinubu's 271MW IPP which was the 1st IPP in Nigeria. Imagine Lagos state today without FG's bad bele, lack of vision and foresight and crass tribalism. I see many more Metro rail and fully developed rail system in Lagos state without that shameful and anti progress intervention by the FG 30 years ago and even Lagos state with many more IPPs today if not for the same shortsighted FG bad bele and frustration.

The only silver lining is the fact that Lagos state did not give up on their Metro rail dream, they just picked the right time to dust off their plans and resume work on the same project 30 years later..

Lagos state is not short of good and visionary leaders, the problem is always the FG.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by stinggy(m): 5:36am On Oct 25, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
Yet some people compare our sophistication with other regions. God bless the yoruba's
Kingsley1000:
our south eastern governors are all criminals..........especially the man that always wear a clothe with his image on it
Must you type this so your day can be complete?
There's no competition here. Just commend the good effort and move on.

19 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by RZArecta(m): 5:37am On Oct 25, 2016
aresssa:

This single issue is a major impediment. Reminds me how GEJ played politics with the Lagos Metro Rail Red Line.

Investors were ready with over 1 billion dollars to invest for the construction of the Red Line from Lagos to Ogun state, but GEJ refused to approve the Iddo station right off way which frustrated the investors till they eventually gave up...

Funny enough, Lagos state started this Metro Rail dream over 30 years ago, they broke ground and stationed heavy equipment in Yaba and even paid millions of dollars which the state lost after the FG refused to guarantee the loan and forex for the projects and this was done by the same PMB as the head of state.

Same way OBJ frustrated Tinubu's 271MW IPP which was the 1st IPP in Nigeria. Imagine Lagos state today without FG's bad bele, lack of vision and foresight and crass tribalism. I see many more Metro rail and fully developed rail system in Lagos state without that shameful and anti progress intervention by the FG 30 years ago and even Lagos state with many more IPPs today if not for the same shortsighted FG bad bele and frustration.

The only silver lining is the fact that Lagos state did not give up on their Metro rail dream, they just picked the right time to dust off their plans and resume work on the same project 30 years later..

Lagos state is not short of good and visionary leaders, the problem is always the FG.

that's why we say the country should be restructured along regional lines and until we do that, Nigeria will continue hopping from one leg to another yet wondering why we're not moving forward but I still have hope for the country, it shall get better one day

22 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by morbeta(m): 5:39am On Oct 25, 2016
In as much as we are developing gradually, we must also build that maintenance culture mentality too. That is the major problem associated with infastructural development in Nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by RZArecta(m): 5:39am On Oct 25, 2016
Rossikk:

The recently commissioned Abuja-Kaduna high speed line is Phase 1 of the project.
still a long way to go but better late than never. We pray successive governments have a political will to continue with the projects

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by ba7man(m): 5:48am On Oct 25, 2016
Hmmmm...... @anonimi won't like this.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Aremu01(m): 5:49am On Oct 25, 2016
Beautiful
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Rossikk(m): 6:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Abuja-Kaduna Network (Status: Operational)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKhrkee_b50

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by omenka(m): 6:31am On Oct 25, 2016
Rossikk:
It will my brother. And when it does, whoever doesn't like to see such progress can relocate to Somalia with their families and permanently stay there.

Lucky people you are, Lagosians. smiley

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Fenzyflames: 6:38am On Oct 25, 2016
nice project
Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by 989900D: 7:21am On Oct 25, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
[s]Yet some people compare our sophistication with other regions. God bless the yoruba's [/s]

Change your username to 'unpatriotic'. You want to start trouble . . . oni 'jogbon nie.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by 989900D: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2016
aresssa:

That's the real money maker: projected to ferry over 2 million passengers (N200-N500m) or more, a day.

This country will never progress until we change all of them 1950/1960s laws; from power to rail, procurement, and e.t.c. -- phewww!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by Sweetguy25: 7:27am On Oct 25, 2016
Lagos needs this more than anyplace in the world.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress by ijustdey: 7:43am On Oct 25, 2016
I don't envy those foresight leaders that did govern Lagos State to have come up with such dreams

I guess if PDP was in government..... this won't have been visible

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fake Families Being Smuggled Into The UK / FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Woman Shares Injury Inflicted On Her By A Bolt Driver (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.