Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,147 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Why Kanye West Is Threatening To Boycott The 2017 Grammys - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Kanye West Is Threatening To Boycott The 2017 Grammys (615 Views)

Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony / Eminem Disses Donald Trump At The 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards / Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Kanye West Is Threatening To Boycott The 2017 Grammys by hafees: 7:05am On Oct 25, 2016
Ocean’s two albums, Blonde and Endless, have been deemed ineligible for consideration at the 2017 Grammys, as neither was submitted before the Sept. 30 deadline. When West took the stage in Oakland, Calif., Saturday as part of his Saint Pablo Tour, the 39-year-old rapper argued that there’s a double standard at play—and he pointed to pop singer Lady Gaga as an example.
“So, I don’t know if any of y’all remember: I was supposed to go on a tour with Gaga, like about six, seven years ago—a while back,” West told concertgoers inside the Oracle Arena, referring to the scrapped Fame Kills tour planned for late 2009 and early 2010. “I remember, that it was something…She wasn’t nominated for Best New Artist, right? But they wanted her to perform at the show; they wanted her to open, right? So, the Grammys secretly changed something about the nominations in order to nominate her—in order for her to perform in the show.”
The audience booed in solidarity with West.

read the rest here https://whistle365./2016/10/25/why-kanye-west-is-threatening-to-boycott-the-2017-grammys/

(1) (Reply)

Latest Song: Olomi_by Mr. Jow / Biography Of Blessing Kelechi Opara Ceo Of Wonder Fingers Production / New Music: Teediva - FIGURE 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.