Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

The Blame Game By Rebecca Amaechi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Blame Game By Rebecca Amaechi (462 Views)

Rebecca Anderson: My First Love, Her Sunset And My First Heart Break / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel / Rebecca's Diary (boy's Palava!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blame Game By Rebecca Amaechi by Pseudonymous: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Many a time we find implausible reasons to shift blames on siblings, parents, teachers, media houses, pastors e.t.c. No one wants to be chided or scolded for going wrong.

Let me be a brief case study:

I couldn't tell if it was pleasure I derived or a way of life I developed to apportion blames to whoever. There was always someone responsible for something that didn't happen or why something that went wrong wasn't my fault. When i was younger, my siblings were always to blame for the dirty dishes and y mum was to blame for my lateness to any occasion. What were my reasons? "She didn't force me to sleep early or failed to wake me up on time". Are you kidding me?

My pastor was to blame for my assignment left unattended to with claims that the sermon was lengthy so I wasn't able to do it when I came home from the evening service.

The bulk of the blame for the first rudiment of music exam I sat for fell on my music instructor who painstakenly taught from cover to cover of the syllabus. What excuses? "All of his explanations were really concise and brief".

Very flimsy excuses did I tender, I was that worse. Well, that's by the way.

I earnestly appeal to you to cease this attitude if you are involved as it stands as a limitation. You are never responsible for any cause of action. You do not want to take a responsibility for fear of failure to carry it out as expected in other to avoid castigation.

I engaged a student in a chit chat and enquired the reasons she was repeating a class. Of course I wasn't expecting a reason like "I wasn't serious" or "I was too playful" but hear this; "the Maths teacher speaks to fast and he doesn't know how to explain to our understanding. The English teacher uses big big grammars tha are difficult for us to grasp. Our Biology teacher is so boring, I guess because she is old. Her teaching is so dry that all my class mates dozes of as soon as she begins teaching".

She wasn't done yet so, I kept listening. "The Chemistry teacher has only being to our class five times in this session. I don't understand Yoruba. The Physics teacher teaches well but he's too strict that everyone would be scared of asking questions in class".

After listening to her rant, i said

"too bad. Every one of your classmates should be repeating then"

"Noooo. Not everyone is repeating but we are much!"

Like seriously? She made sure she spoke ill of all her teachers, making her look like the good student. According to her, her failure was never her fault there was therefore no need for an adjustment. The fault of her failure was accrued her teachers.

A teenager gets pregnant as a result of her promiscuous lifestyle. When you get close to her to confide in you, you hear her lamenting and giving inconceivable "why and whoever" like "I never wanted to but my friends pushed me into it". Like you mean it? A wise girl would have said "I was pressurized by peers but I couldn't do that cause I knew what I wanted for myself". When you knew all the way that you wouldn't want to get pregnant, making you an unwanted mother cause its never an unwanted pregnancy since you had your two eyes opened and you were in your right state of mind, why did you allow friends choose you? Girlfriend, you are to blame.

It applies to juvenile charlatans. When caught, he blames the devil or a gang for his bad conducts. Everyone is so quick to blame... Continue reading

(1) (Reply)

Help, I Need Your Votes!! / Google Celebrates Flora Nwapa's Posthumous Birthday / Night At The Graveyard By Pen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.