Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) (28081 Views)

Abba Kyari Laughs As Osinbajo Signs 2017 Budget (Photos) / Bukola Sararki, Others Await Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget (Photos) / Buhari Requests N157.75bn To Hire Additional 350,000 Graduates - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by sanpipita(m): 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
After all the noise about saving money and plugging leakages we are still borrowing, when will people realise this govt is incompetent and clueless, they will destroy everything with their ineptness may God help us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by mikkypel(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
The day this present government will be charged for Corruption ehn... I just want another opposition in power asap.. 2019..Where art thou?
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Sajio(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
stiyke:
Wait oohh so them don spend budget finish?? Where? when? how? shocked shocked
.... My brother I tire too, Nigerians are suffering and all we keep hearing from this government is Boro me trillions!!! what has Buhari don with the N6.5tn.. no subsidy on fuel nor kerosine. things are so xpensive in this corruption free govt. Era. and was very cheap in the past said corruption personified govt. Gej era, we had a budget of N4tn with subsidy d all that and was still rated d 3rd fastest growing economy in the world with the largest GDP in Africa. my question; how come he was able to survive with the alleged lots of $49.8bn, $2.2bn etc. and buhari who is corruption free with a budget of N6.5tn is still asking for more. I just hope APC is not using this fight agaist corruption to sway us out of the massive lots going on in dis govt.?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Firefire(m): 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
Buhary is a fraud.

APC is a Scam.

Shame on Tinubu...
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by yaki84: 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
doctokwus:
About N2trillion is supposedly saved from stoppage of subsidy and more funds has expectedly accrued to this govt thru it's claim of blocking leakages and the implementation of the TSA,so how come this massive additional requirement.Oil revenue shortfall cannot alone account for this level of incompetence.
Additionally,the almost 200% devaluation of the naira shud ordinarily increase govt revenue base in naira terms.
There is something fundamentally wrong in how the nation is being managed economically and I attribute it to the nincompoops imposed on the Fulani cattle rearer by his Fulani cabal while he sits there stupid ly more concerned with telling Aisha to stay in the kitchen and the other room!
ah!!! Dis is WAILING..

Could it be termed UpWailing or downWailing?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by erico2k2(m): 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
pchukwudi:
The OP was mischievous.

The proposal was merely a request for the transfer of about N180b from Special Intervention accounts to a few recurrent and capital projects accounts.

The money is still part of the 2016 appropriation bill. It's not supplementary.

The only difference now is that the govt. want to use N180b for something else other than what the money was originally appropristed for. And to get that done, they needed the aporoval of NASS.

Of course this is not an endorsement for the govt. I'm just trying to correct a wrong info..

They should stick to the budget b4 short changing some other quarters
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by herdjerd: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
See Buhari signature self....mtchewwwwww
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Chigold101(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
stiyke:
APCheat oooo
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by golden2510: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
ok.. :ook.. u mean from national association of science student bah?
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by onatisi(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
cheesy
Well done buhari
Continue with ur works
Let Nigerians feel your change

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by onatisi(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
My last prediction about buhari is finally about to happen.
And yet after going through comments here ,Nigerians still haven't asked the one basic question which they ought to ask .
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by speckless: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ayomi088:
Its obvious these wailers dont know d meaning of virement, and i am quite sure non of them read the write up sef.

Some of them wailing are awaiting corper sef, not knowing they'll be affected if the virement aint approved.
Young Nigerians and the culture of not reading. They are big fools worse than illiterates. The president is merely requesting for extra 180billion to be moved from one account to the other.
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Gguy4real: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
hahahah... oga ooo can you see our messiah, Mr know it all he claim to be saint and he promise to fight corruption, so what's this is this not corruption useless leader stupid people bunch of fools
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by bahaushe1: 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
Honestly, there are many incompetent hands in this government. They can't prepare an implementable budget?
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Chikpat(m): 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
daamazing:
see figures 6 billion, 8 billion, 1 trillion, make dem just put the money for MMM,e go double.
meanwhile una president dey dress o

Did we elect him president to dey dress? This his letter z not funny at all.

Buhari shud just do 4yrs and go bak to Daura lyk Jonathan returned to Otuoke after doing 6yrs
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by glasshouse(m): 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
What did u expect from him. We Nigerians we r very unreasonable. Many people went nd voted an illiterate who does not even want to learn into power.
Up till der is no policy that Bihari govt has formulated to move d economy.
EFCc has not being able to prob anybody with proofs since he came into office.
Now we c dss doing d work of EFCc nd even judges r rubbished like kids by Bihari .
Let him know dat after all his rulling he will come down d prison. Wey dey wait for ram no go b small thing .
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Ayodee2(m): 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
IGNORANCE EVERY WHERE

I pity the future of this country. So much certificates without knowledge.

WHAT IS VIREMENT?
ANS. In layman's language, is movement/transfer of surplus money from one account to another where there is deficit.
In a nutshell, Buhari is not asking for more money but merely seeking permission to Use surplus budgeted money from A to cover a deficit in B.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by destinyoduwa: 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
buhari, we shouldn't just seat and start making comments here let or stand together and impeach that man I believe that he is too old enough to think as human bean to be sincere, he is more older than the country so I believe he does not see anything meaningful or useful when it come to economical growth I believe he should just go #surender and go# in instead of this fake government
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
Joephat:
make una allow the old Dude to chop jare

he is demanding for more money and non of those projects in the 2016 budget has been executed.

Npower still bending, feeding still bending, the love (5000)he promised to show us still bending.

what the Bleep did the man use the 6trillion for?
it seems many people truly don't know what a budget is. The money was never in cash but a mere proposal.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Cjrane2: 11:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
Just imagine the type of debt Buhari is plotting to heap on Nigeria.

It took Obasanjo 4 years to negotiate an $18 billion debt relief even when it was obvious the debt was collected by illegal military regimes and morally should not be repaid by Nigerian people. Now Buhari alone wants to collect $30 billion to add to the $13 BILLION we already owe.

If Nigeria could not service the debt when it was merely $31 billion and our economy was buoyant , how can we pay for $43 BILLION foreign debt in this state?

I hope the youths see the plot of BUHARI to sell their future into slavery so long as he has money to share around in his era.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by obailala(m): 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Is it me that has a comprehension problem or is it 98% of the commenters on this thread that just lack comprehension? undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 26, 2016
Y'all open your eyes and see, all the foreign trips Buhari has attended since he resumed office, the conversion from naira to dollars, where do you all think the money came from, aisha's foreign trips, where did the money come from, the change begins with me propaganda launching where did the money come from to fund that lie of a program. Yes it was from your very own 2016 budget.
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by HBIAFRA1: 2:02am On Oct 26, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy. And zOmbies never represent here o, always blind when daura illiterate poos in the market square, abeg where dem hungerbad, sarrki ,ngeneukwenu, madridguy and other terrorists on NL ? Food don land
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by hjedua(m): 5:16am On Oct 26, 2016
Wallahi, I am so confused... experts, pls help me out...what happened to the 6.2trilion Naira budget? why 1trillion Naira in 2months when our entire budget use to be 3trl naira... oops, something is not right gbam!!!
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by standfit5(m): 6:15am On Oct 26, 2016
He has only requested to utilize some funds that had been appropriated for new needs. Not requesting for new funds that was not not budget for. Simple and unbiased judgement is helpful sometimes sha[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by Asiwajueko: 6:49am On Oct 26, 2016
This means buhari is accountable to the whole citizen.during jo regime there was nothing like this.
stiyke:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by nellyelitz(m): 8:09am On Oct 26, 2016
i read he also want money to fund 2016 supplementary budget, this is the same budget that was passed very let and Nigerians were promised a better life once it passed, he want a supplementary budget just 2 months before 2017 at the same time asking for fund for 2017 budget no tangible achievement so far with 2015 budget, no new capital projects and the dullard is there chasing people back and forth. why as this man reduced us to this

baba is highly corrupt and satan will punish him and his household
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by means(m): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2016
God! This generation disgusts me. What is virement? They wont goggle it to know the meaning. Meanwhile they all claim they know more than the President and his economic team. Didn't you learn about Budgeting in O'Level Economics? The way some of you scream without understanding is very very disappointing. In the letter to the National Assembly, there is a table, a simple table, that anyone can read and understand, in it is clearly stated how much was budgeted for some MDAs, how much they have used so far, and how much can be vired from them so as not to have unspent amount in those MDAs whereas some are starved of fund. You can even also see from the table that after the virement, there still will be some huge amount left.
Please let us read and understand instead of rushing to critize. Reading through the comments from first page till here gives me the impression that the youths have lost it. No critical thinking. You quantitative reasoning. Just bark like mad dogs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by dotun365: 9:24am On Oct 26, 2016
checklots:
Virement means the transfer of a surplus from one account to cover a deficit in another.
I do not know where the President requested additional funds outside the appropriated amount.
The moderator should change the title as there is nothing in the memo that suggests supplementary funds.
Please go through the last page of the memo carefully to get a better understanding.

FINALLY!!!!! I Searched from Page O to Page 2 for someone that read and understood the letter. all that lazy people do here is that they read and comment on what is on the headline. Nigeria's problem starts from this kind of people. Nowhere in that entire letter is 1 trillion mentioned in it. FELLOW NIGERIANS KINDLY LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND. DON'T JUST JUMP INTO CONCLUSIONS BASED ON HEADLINES. The Mods shouldn't allow misleading and mischievous headlines like these make front page Please for the sake of the peace of this country. God bless Nigeria and the well meaning people of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by abdoolorunwa(m): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2016
egbonnla:
This is suspicious. Asking for so much money two months to the end of the year. The National assembly should demand for the audit of FGN account in the past nine months before considering this fresh request for more money. How much did we earned as revenue, How much was borrowed and how much was spent. What has happened to the "recovered looted funds". What happened to the so call N6trillion budget of change? Economically, it has been a wasted year for Nigeria......and most Nigerians
AND YOU DID NOT SEE WHAT THE FUND WOULD BE USED FOR. Y DO WE ALWAYS SEE BLAMES AND NOT STRUGGLES, WOULD U ADMIRE SOMEONE WHO DOES THAT TO U. MY FRIEND THE MAN IS TRYING AMIDST SPECULATION.
STOP THE HATE!!!
Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by dotun365: 9:35am On Oct 26, 2016
When I see threads like this I want to cry for the many unthinking Nigerian youths. This kind of people have no sense of reasoning. But then you see some few people that reason and you have hope. When I think of who these people without reason will vote for, I weep because they'll vote for like minded non reasoning people. Nigerian Youth need to wake up and begin to think and reason before jumping into baseless conclusions. Nigerian Youths need to reason for themselves and elect people based on what they have to offer from upstairs and not based on religious or ethnic sentiments. Social Media sites like these should help too by not putting up malicious headlines just to draw people to their sites.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:32am On Oct 26, 2016
speckless:

Young Nigerians and the culture of not reading. They are big fools worse than illiterates. The president is merely requesting for extra 180billion to be moved from one account to the other.
You are worse than the people you are degrading, whats the justification of moving budget meant for one sector to another one?
and what happens if that sector now needs same voted sum?
You are seeing a systematic fraud unfolding here,instead of you to make more sense of it you are calling others fools.seriously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRCN Takes Over Radio Biafra / What Did Igbos Do To Buhari? - Reno Omokri Asks / Justice Mary Odili To Become No 2 At Supreme Court, But May Never Be CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.