Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,944 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa (24879 Views)

IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 / Nigeria Ranks Fifth Largest Insurance Market In Africa / Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Mandyjosh: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
u b mumu, olodo
Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lagos State's revenue is so high - N101.69 billion revenue for the first quarter of the year !

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by brownlolly(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
I av always said that once you leave Lagos, you're entering Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by fredosky111(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Gudnews from lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by CliffordOrji: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by djWALE(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Was in lagos today nd i can see the giant work been done..if only aregbejegbese can emulate buh na filling station full osun

1 Like

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Ps3ver: 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
steppin:
We no go hear word today.
If you cannot applaud progress shut up and go back to your land of kidnappers and drug pushers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by afanide: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
And my South South brothers are busy bumbing our oil

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by amanikondo: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
steppin:
We no go hear word today.

[size=13pt]For sure. Go to Aba thread. Let us talk about how dirty Aba is.

Eko o ni baje.[/size]

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by timeman: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
we own lagos-- ipod yoots.
By the time lagos & SW is done, we will buy the entire SE as our warehouse where we will dump used goods & employ ipod yoots who will sell them at onitsha main markiti.
Am bo......!!!!.
kiss the truth!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thrash!
When Niger Delta sneezes, Nigeria gets flu.
damton:
Lagos will continue to blaze the trail and remain the focal point for good governance in Nigeria.

When Lagos sneezes, Nigeria catches cold

Itesiwaju eko lo je wa l'ogun

1 Like

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by chiamaka21(f): 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
fake news. wht yardstick is use to rate Lagos as the 5th largest city wen will Ave Anambra that export five billion naira ugu every day. Anambra even have Anambra rice. will should be the first.

seriously obiano don scam us.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Ps3ver: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
Clinton9000:
Fifth Largest economy based on deceit and monopoly...controlling the only functioning seaports in Nigeria and largest airport. If yorubaa have basic human conscience expected of a human, go out on the streets, protest that Federal government should allow the seaports and riverport in Calabar, Warri, Onne, Port Harcourt and Onitsha to function to their full capacity without federal government interference. Also, allow the Enugu, Uyo, Owerri, Asaba, Calabar airports to function to their full capacities with direct flights, then we'll praise you even if Lagos clinch the number one economy in Africa because I think it's based on level playing ground but right now...LAGOS IS A MONOPOLY!

Your ignorance is astounding. Where were you when OBJ refused lagos state federal allocations for more than four years? If you cannot applaud a good shut up or better still go back to your land of kidnappers and drug pushers. Eko onibaje o

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
If there was True Federalism, Lagos GDP will not even come to that of Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by musicwriter(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
And, who are the 1st - 4th position?
Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by nnokwa042(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
orimsamsam:
This is good. 5th largest economy in Africa. Lagos state is bless with visionary leaders and a progressive government. Fortunately for the state it has never fall into the hand of PDP .

But how will some egu exporter sleep tonight. Oooo Ave forgotten they also help in developing Lagos with there ugu sales

Eko oni baje oooo: ugu not egu hope ur getting ur monthly pay as a lagosian LIKE 18k a month

Ile odua koni baje

Nigeria koni baje

1 Like

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Ps3ver: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
Omudia:
If there was True Federalism, Lagos GDP will not even come to that of Rivers state.

Look at this olodo what do you know about federalism? Rather than celebrate progress you are busy exhibiting ignorance. Before you type the next set of shit go and find out the meaning of IGR and how lagos generates its income. Olodo oshi

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by prince985(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
if u like be d 1st largest... nigeria is still in recession because of drop in oil sales
Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by damton(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
Omudia:
Thrash!
When Niger Delta sneezes, Nigeria gets flu.

Like the investors preference and amount of job opportunities it offers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Sanchez01: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
Clinton9000:
Fifth Largest economy based on deceit and monopoly...controlling the only functioning seaports in Nigeria and also largest airport. If yorubaa have basic human conscience expected of a human, go out on the streets, protest that Federal government should allow the seaports and riverport in Calabar, Warri, Onne, Port Harcourt and Onitsha to function to their full capacity without federal government interference. Also, allow the Enugu, Uyo, Owerri, Asaba, Calabar airports to function to their full capacities with direct flights, then we'll praise you even if Lagos clinch the number one economy in Africa because I think it's based on level playing ground but right now...LAGOS IS A MONOPOLY AND INDIRECTLY SANCTIONING THE WICKEDNESS AND EVIL BEING METED ON SE AND SS!
Calm down! Your post reeks of bad belleism and sheer hatred. While I understand that the idea of Lagos excelling as an entity rather than Nigeria in the index seems disturbing to you, the bonded does not make an iota of sense. You expect a people to fight for your battles while you wail Biafra night and day

I guess you and the five Eastern governors fought and backed Lagos when Obasanjo denied Lagos of her allocations abi? You guys are a joke grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by godson4u79(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
Clinton9000:
Fifth Largest economy based on deceit and monopoly...controlling the only functioning seaports in Nigeria and also largest airport. If yorubaa have basic human conscience expected of a human, go out on the streets, protest that Federal government should allow the seaports and riverport in Calabar, Warri, Onne, Port Harcourt and Onitsha to function to their full capacity without federal government interference. Also, allow the Enugu, Uyo, Owerri, Asaba, Calabar airports to function to their full capacities with direct flights, then we'll praise you even if Lagos clinch the number one economy in Africa because I think it's based on level playing ground but right now...LAGOS IS A MONOPOLY AND INDIRECTLY SANCTIONING THE WICKEDNESS AND EVIL BEING METED ON SE AND SS!
I suggest you direct ur advice and suggestions to your south east and south south leaders and stop been an enemy of progress

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Sanchez01: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Omudia:
Chisos grin grin grin grin grin

I wonder if some of you read at all. Why not find out how much these two states generate before displaying a full HD ignorance

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ps3ver:
[s]

Look at this olodo what do you know about federalism? Rather than celebrate progress you are busy exhibiting ignorance. Before you type the next set of shit go and find out the meaning of IGR and how lagos generates its income. Olodo oshi[/s]

How do you want us to rejoice with Lagos when the system is not fair to all? I don't understand how you afonjas reason. How would you feel if Lagos ports and airport are shut down or only allowed to function below 10%, and all seaports and airports opened to full capacity in SS and SE; have you yorubas traveling to SS and SE to clear/ship your goods and to travel out in and out of the country. How will you yorubaas feel? Do you yorubaas have any sense of basic human conscience and decency at all? My goodness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hush it! I know all about True Federalism. You expect other states to thrive when the system is monopolistic? You're the real olodo here.
Ps3ver:

Look at this olodo what do you know about federalism? Rather than celebrate progress you are busy exhibiting ignorance. Before you type the next set of shit go and find out the meaning of IGR and how lagos generates its income. Olodo oshi
Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by OkoYibo: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
Clinton9000:

Ask your Governors to give you good roads and fight erosion before you come here and vent your frustration.

You want a Seaport in Warri. What did you do to the oil companies there that made them leave?

You have Tinapa in Calabar, did your governors fix the basic infrastructure there?

Dangote is one of Nigeria's biggest investors. Didn't you lot burn his trucks just because he is an Hausa man?

Enugu has direct flights, what did you do with it?

Yet, you want the Yorubas to go out and protest on your behalf cos you're all blind cripples abi?

Get this into your flat skull, Yorubas are waaaay ahead of you. We have been holding our leaders accountable since Pre-Independence era and that was why we had free education. That free education ensured that no Yoruba man would be thinking like you.

If you doubt me, see what Orji Uzor Kalu did to Abians, after that, TA Orji, and now Ikpeazu. Call these thieves out and see if things won't change. Instead of doing that, you adopt all sorts of thieves and criminals and would be the ones to protest when the law catches up with them.

I suggest you hold your leaders accountable before the rest of Nigeria leaves you behind.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
Maybe you should take your own advice and go read up before writing thrash.
Sanchez01:

Chisos grin grin grin grin grin

I wonder if some of you read at all. Why not find out how much these two states generate before displaying a full HD ignorance
Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by giles14(m): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
y not wen d only true functional sea port,airport are in Lagos.
we really need true federalism were no region will cheat d other .

also saw a funny post were someone posted d SW as having d largest IGR pls remove Lagos igr and let's c hw d might sw are fallen
Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
emamos:
Eko o ni baje lailai..Naija o ni daru
Eko o ni baje, but naija ti daru. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sanchez01:

Calm down! Your post reeks of bad belleism and sheer hatred. While I understand that the idea of Lagos excelling as an entity rather than Nigeria in the index seems disturbing to you, the bonded does not make an iota of sense. You expect a people to fight for your battles while you wail Biafra night and day

I guess you and the five Eastern governors fought and backed Lagos when Obasanjo denied Lagos of her allocations abi? You guys are a joke grin

Let me see if I can have a conversation with you. Do you know who control Rivers and Calabar seaports?
Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Neimar: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
chiamaka21:
fake news. wht yardstick is use to rate Lagos as the 5th largest city wen will Ave Anambra that export five billion naira ugu every day. Anambra even have Anambra rice. will should be the first.

seriously obiano don scam us.

5billion naira ugu
si joke grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2016
emamos:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/25/lagos-emerges-fifth-largest-economy-africa/
See jagaban's efforts yield results...only EOP(enemy of progress) will not see any good in tinubu's ideas. By the time the eko atlantic city and Lagos free trade zone are completed, the position of Lagos in africa will surely improve. All hail Jagaban of africa. Lasgidi all the way!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa by Ps3ver: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Clinton9000:

How do you want us to rejoice with Lagos when the system is not fair to all? I don't understand how you afonjas reason. How would you feel if Lagos ports and airport are shut down or only allowed to function below 10%, and all seaports and airports opened to full capacity in SS and SE; have you yorubas traveling to SS and SE to clear/ship your goods and to travel out in and out of the country. How will you yorubaas feel? Do you yorubaas have any sense of basic human conscience and decency at all? My goodness.
Wtf are you talking about? You seem to be suffering from self delusions. Who shut down ports in the east or said they function at 10%? The fact that you can come up with all these ridiculous tales means there's no point conversing with you. Wallow in your ignorance and self delusions.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria / Michael Ibru’s Service Of Songs In Lagos (Photos) / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.