Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3677779 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by phillip4re: 10:27am On Dec 08, 2017
FixNaija:

I think you are very correct! They were even surprised that I had M. SC yet I still applied for GT. The key is Grace and Favour!
You are for which dept and center?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by magabounce(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2017
My portal was completely closed.. Couldn't login.. But it all changed after I got the sms
zicoraads:

Hello please just wanted to ask was your portal closed before u got this message or were u able to log in

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nonyeesther(f): 10:46am On Dec 08, 2017
Please can I get the hotline I have been trying to contact them
adakoleagbenu:

me too Im trying to change my interview location but the guy I call in dpr hotline said it is impossible
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nonyeesther(f): 10:49am On Dec 08, 2017
Please how did you log in to the portal cos I have been trying to do that and it isn't connecting
Kelduix:
Hi guys, so I did not get a mail or receive a text from DPR and I was like "oh well" but something just said I should log in to their portal which I did, I scrolled down and lo and behold I saw I had been invited for an interview and the details of my interview. If you don't get a mail or text you can just log in and maybe your surprise awaits you.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by benebaby77: 11:12am On Dec 08, 2017
yildaz:

It seems you feel very insecure about this DPR recruitment of a thing. You and who agreement?

People like you would be a very bad team player - you only want success for yourself. Go to any threads related to multi-coys such as KPMG, Deloite, Shell, Chevron, NLNG, PWC, Nestlé, NBC etc. People do tell their experience about the aptitude tests and interviews. Does that stop people from failing tests and interviews?

There are many reasons Nigeria may not forward, you have been exhibiting one of them - selfishness.

On a last bit, you have just broken one of the nairaland rules; insulting another member.

CC: david470

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by shady08(m): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Please does anyone have their interviews scheduled for Saturday? Or if they do conduct interviews on saturdays, please let me know so I can hit the road tmro morning. My scheduled date is for today and Am far off the location. Tanx
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by benebaby77: 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
yildaz:

Agreed with whom?

I still repeat it, you feel highly insecure about this recruitment of a thing. Not getting offer from DPR is not end of life. There are many better opportunities.

It also seems that you're afraid that you won't get any good job else.

Oooh, you're too big to argue with me? You don't even know me yet you have concluded to be bigger than me. Lmao

For your information, I'm not too small for you.

You can insult me as well.

Accountants in the house,

Try to know about the past civilian and military governors of your state,

Questions were asked with respect to your field, the questions not too difficult. About cost and management accounting, financial accounting and IFRS.

Also try to be conservant with the new development in your fields, it's very important.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by agadamalik(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
benebaby77:

Agreed with whom?

I still repeat it, you feel highly insecure about this recruitment of a thing. Not getting offer from DPR is not end of life. There are many better opportunities.

It also seems that you're afraid that you won't get any good job else.

Oooh, you're too big to argue with me? You don't even know me yet you have concluded to be bigger than me. Lmao

For your information, I'm not too small for you.

You can insult me as well.

Accountants in the house,

Try to know about the past civilian and military governors of your state,

Questions were asked with respect to your field, the questions not too difficult. About cost and management accounting, financial accounting and IFRS.

Also try to be conservant with the new development in your fields, it's very important.
thanks I admire your character.surely will be great in life.I did my since on Monday,Accountant.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by FixNaija(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
phillip4re:
You are for which dept and center?
System Analyst PH
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pmisi: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
Hello everyone, just a little piece of advice...

I know this is a forum and we are all free to express ourselves just the way we feel, granted!! but then I think we should also try to make an effort to keep it free from insults. Yes, there are emotions while at it but then we can keep it under control.

All the best those that have done their interviews and those yet to. May God’s grace be sufficient for us all. Amen. God bless you and enjoy the rest of the day.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by yildaz: 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
WhiteSoup:

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Rule 2 has been broken.

People should learn to respect the boundaries.

No one broke the rule. We all agreed but you guys, d new set of people betrayed nairalanders. I really feel pity for those who attended their interview previously.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Boanage1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
FixNaija:

One of the panelist asked me how can I assess the recruitment so far, I said I can confirm that it was one of the most transparent recruitment so far by the FG and they all burst into laughter and I was like, why are they laughing grin

One of the panelist asked me how can I assess the recruitment so far, I said I can confirm that it was one of the most transparent recruitment so far by the FG and they all burst into laughter and I was like, why are they laughing

Same here, one asked me if I enjoyed my discussion with them. I responded that it was very challenging but enlightening. He went on to ask if I would accept any conclusion made. I wonder if he wanted me to answer "provided it's to my favor"

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by adakoleagbenu: 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
nonyeesther:
Please can I get the hotline I have been trying to contact them

012790000 019037150
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jayzisoverrated(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
Na so during test dem drop questions upandan. God help me. I wrote on d first day. and was still invited for interview. Some will still drop questions here. There's nothing one can do. I don't support it but if it is done ,I go cut cane flog dem? No more insults. Everyone do ur best after all like someone rightly said, answers to questions is just a fraction of the parameters used in d total computation of scores.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Setaje(f): 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
FixNaija:

One of the panelist asked me how can I assess the recruitment so far, I said I can confirm that it was one of the most transparent recruitment so far by the FG and they all burst into laughter and I was like, why are they laughing grin

One of the panelist asked me how can I assess the recruitment so far, I said I can confirm that it was one of the most transparent recruitment so far by the FG and they all burst into laughter and I was like, why are they laughing

hahhahahahhahahahhaha...... my stomach!!!! I follow them laugh too. secrecy breeds corruption. I am sure the next thing is offer letter which to me is the greatest injustice to Nigerian youths. not even knowing how well one performed so one can improve in other interviews. not even knowing the criteria or cut off mark used in picking candidates is wicked. some people swore that they did so well in the test yet were not invited for this one. some people who already work in government establishment swore that they and others they know got there by merit as if they were shown their scores or the scores of others to know who is truly lying and who got there on merit. even when I did dragnet and mckensy and associates, just to mention a few my score was sent back to me. that to me is transparency. when it comes to government recruitment, if its your time, Its your time.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Mylolu: 2:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
Hi everyone.
Congratulations to those that have been interviewed. I pray God's favour speaks for us.

Please i got a message about 4 days ago to update my information on the application portal and to ignore if i've been interviewed. But as I've not been interviewed, i went on to see what information i needed to update. On getting to the point of logging in, an icon popped up after i put in my email address and password to say my credentials do not match. I tried the forgot password process, i did not get any reset link. i've refreshed my spam like 101 times, it's not there either.

I called one of the support lines and even though the person i spoke to was very polite, he was not of much help. He said the log in portal is temporarily shut down and the message i got to update my information is a very old stale message (leaves me to wonder why i saw the clause of 'ignore if you've been interviewed).

please is there anybody experiencing the same 'credentials don't match'? and how has it been rectified?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by abobim: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2017
If you are asked about if you know some 1 working in dpr , please try to be polite and sincere. I had a friend who said yes and the next question was his relative department. The reasons is that they don't want you or your siblings to work in the same department but it doesn't stand your chances anyway. Although, i wasn't polite because i thought it will be used against me. Although , my friends question was just 3, some of them 4. My questions was much. it is nice to share your experiences

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tolesky(m): 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
Mylolu:
Hi everyone.
Congratulations to those that have been interviewed. I pray God's favour speaks for us.

Please i got a message about 4 days ago to update my information on the application portal and to ignore if i've been interviewed. But as I've not been interviewed, i went on to see what information i needed to update. On getting to the point of logging in, an icon popped up after i put in my email address and password to say my credentials do not match. I tried the forgot password process, i did not get any reset link.

I called one of the support lines and even though the person i spoke to was very polite, he was not of much help. He said the log in portal is temporarily shut down and the message i got to update my information is a very old stale message (leaves me to wonder why i saw the clause of 'ignore if you've been interviewed).

please is there anybody experiencing the same 'credentails don't match'? and how has it been rectified?

Check your spam message , the password reset link should be there.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by HRtechnique: 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2017

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pdirac: 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Setaje:

hahhahahahhahahahhaha...... my stomach!!!! I follow them laugh too. secrecy breeds corruption. I am sure the next thing is offer letter which to me is the greatest injustice to Nigerian youths. not even knowing how well one performed so one can improve in other interviews. not even knowing the criteria or cut off mark used in picking candidates is wicked. some people swore that they did so well in the test yet were not invited for this one. some people who already work in government establishment swore that they and others they know got there by merit as if they were shown their scores or the scores of others to know who is truly lying and who got there on merit. even when I did dragnet and mckensy and associates, just to mention a few my score was sent back to me. that to me is transparency. when it comes to government recruitment, if its your time, Its your time.

Madam, this is very untrue, McKinsey doesn't send candidates their result after PST. If the candidate is successful, he/she will get a mail invitation for Case Interview. I have been with McK as a Business Analyst before.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by DouglasHoc(m): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
My observation is this. There is a pool of questions for each individual. Therefore no two candidates have been asked the same questions. Some interviews lasted only 3 mins, some up to 10 mins. Like I said, you were already being assessed as you came in. A few companies do send scores but they are not obliged to. Some do send regret mails after contacting the successful candidates and some only communicate with the successful candidates afterwards. They are not obliged to communicate to you if they want to have no further interactions with you. My 2cents

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jayzisoverrated(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
HRtechnique:
I observed the following during the interview;

1. Questions were simple - They expect you to know those simple things.
2. They checked how you entered and greeted.
3. They were looking for lies in your eyes.
4. They checked conversation - How you were able to communicate.
5. They checked interest in the position itself - passion for the role.

If you were able to do all the above correctly ESPECIALLY with the grace of God, then you should be fine.
The other things are Federal character, number of availability of position, competition etc.

Who else has an idea of what they were looking for at the interview?

Very true. For someone like me who studied geology, I'm very certain i answered my questions with @ least 80% accuracy, but like u said, there are various parameters used. I Remain hopeful

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Setaje(f): 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pdirac:

Madam, this is very untrue, McKinsey doesn't send candidates their result after PST. If the candidate is successful, he/she will get a mail invitation for Case Interview. I have been with McK as a Business Analyst before.

this is very true. I did mckensey and I failed woefully self. was told I got below the average mark of 50% or something like that. this was shortly after I finished university. it gave me closure. I had never done a test like mckensey and till date that test has been the hardest test I have taken. I have never come accross such questions in my life I was also told to keep applying for any other job openings . perhaps when I did the test u had not joined. this was between 2007- 2009 or so if I'm not mistaken .

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by csimms7: 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Setaje:

Aunty ooooo, you hate this our government sha o, it's not only government that doesn't send back scores. I have done tests with Sahara Energy, Rolls Royce, Mott Macdonald, etc. I passed and was invited for interview, they didn't show my score. So, I think it's wrong to just put it on government and say they are the only ones who don't show scores.
Secondly, recruiters aren't allowed to give metrics for their decision, because at times, more people could be qualified and they pick based on other metrics. Even after a company rejects you when you attend an interview, some, not all will give you feedback if you request for it. Should you get this DPR on merit, wouldn't you be proud to swear you got it on merit? Don't you know the effort you've put in? Let's not make some people's hardwork look like shambles. In criticizing, let's be fair.
That said, we know say some wayo go dey but let's not paint it all black, some of us go get am on merit and we will be proud of it if we do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70