Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3677555 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 8:33am On Jul 13, 2018
Wizgrandpa:

Taraba
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nigerianonym: 8:35am On Jul 13, 2018
Wizgrandpa:

Taraba

Ah! Okay. Which local government, brother?
I'm from Taraba as well.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 13, 2018
nigerianonym:

Ah! Okay. Which local government, brother?
I'm from Taraba as well.
Karim Lamido
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Mukaddas: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2018
naijainstinct:
Since FCC has the so-called merit list, I will be heading to FCC from my workplace later this morning to see if I can lobby anyone to have access to that list. If you reside in Abuja and you are less busy, you can tag along.

Best idea...

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Tetragramaton(m): 8:43am On Jul 13, 2018
It's no more wait till next week friday, its now wait till next week Monday. OK. No wahala!

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 13, 2018
acmilan1:

So things should remain this way? It's impossible for an MDA to call successful candidates through portal? I don't understand we Nigerians sometimes, we cry foul and we are still the same person that will condone the things we cry about.

Most people just want their to be on the list and that's it, they do not care if things are done properly or not.
The right thing we're all clamoring for is contacting all successfuls regardless of whether they have sponsors or not.
The means they choose to use in contacting successfuls is totally up to them as long as it's efficient and according to global best practices. smiley
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by balisco: 8:48am On Jul 13, 2018
elbangeez:
1.Many people were called this week to collect their APLs, some were given through their sponsors, but they are all on stakeholders list.
2. I believe by next week they will start calling merit candidates, its in batches this week for stakeholders candidates while next week is solely for merit candidates. Thats my belief

Good conclusion

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Deedz: 8:58am On Jul 13, 2018
Wizgrandpa:

Taraba

I've been analysing the way you speak for a couple of months now, and I must admit I'm impressed. I would love to be friends with you. Hopefully we meet at the induction. God willing.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by maluga: 9:08am On Jul 13, 2018
elbangeez:
Lmao, wc state are you from?

Bros I have pm you...kindly respond
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nigerianonym: 9:10am On Jul 13, 2018
Wizgrandpa:
Karim Lamido

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
I'm from Wukari.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by siina(m): 9:14am On Jul 13, 2018
You guys should chill and wait till next week. No need to panick now
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2018
u.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2018
elbangeez:
Only 5 people on the merit list from my state, they were suppose to be 11, but stakeholders hijacked the remaining slots. We are five that made the merit list and i know 2, and we are all engineers. 1 mechanical engineer and 2 chemical engineers. If you have someone at FCC abuja he can help can check for you.
which state
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2018
Hello everyone. I don't access to the list of successfuls and i don't think anyone here has access either. If the list was opened like 2013 recruitment it would have been leaked right from when it got to FCC. Even some people here were sure they would see the list the moment it hits FCC office but up till now, has anyone confirmed seeing the list with prove? Also, i want to ask about this so called "stakeholder list" and "merit list " so you really think 2 lists titled with those would have been drawn up officially and submitted to FCC? I believe there is only 1 official list and it carries all successful candidates (merit and stakeholder combined) question then is how do you determine the names for stakeholders and those on merit? I'm pretty certain everyone took the test and interview and even those that didn't take the interview with us that their sponsors came in late were still invited for another set of interviews. Some people were interviewed up until January so there is definitely a trail that they went through due process.
Lastly, if there is any grievance about this recruitment either by the masses or stakeholders that didn't get their way, they can only take up such with FCC. The moment the COC was issued, DPR cannot be held accountable for any malpractice. FCC is basically the one that will fight any grievance which i why you should know FCC wouldn't have issued COC if their own list wasn't satisfied.
I'm only stating the facts to know in order to make informed decisions. I honestly still think people will get this on merit. Merit may be slim but trust me there must be a margin for merit however, how do you prove those that got it on merit or by sponsors only from this nairaland group?
I wish everyone the best. I hope more people from here get their letters too. Everyone that has provided the platform with concrete info these past years and got their APLs earned it because to get those infos, we were basically sitting on our contacts necks throughout the process, phase by phase, pressing buttons. It doesn't mean we didn't put in the work druring the test and interviews too so please don't make anyone feel bad for getting APL ahead of others. I pray we all have reasons to celebrate soon whether for DPR or another coy.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Deedz: 9:28am On Jul 13, 2018
elbangeez:
Only 5 people on the merit list from my state, they were suppose to be 11, but stakeholders hijacked the remaining slots. We are five that made the merit list and i know 2, and we are all engineers. 1 mechanical engineer and 2 chemical engineers. If you have someone at FCC abuja he can help can check for you.

Which state are you from and please can you help me check? You seem to have the link and I don't know where FCC office is, talk less of knowing anyone.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ZenithMen: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2018
In as much as I don't like calling people out, what Captain777 gave us here was a cock and bull tale. Without being apologetic, that guy looks like a pathological liar with the way he framed the story and majority of us swallowed it but many thanks to those with the scrutinizing and probing minds. So many candidates with similar or more intimidating credentials are yet to be called. That sounds like a generalization but to be specific, I know a candidate here that studied all on full scholarship: B.Sc(1st class) , MSc (Distinction) and PhD (in view) and interview was very tough and great (aced almost all the questions).

Back to the headlines for today,
I just want to state emphatically that Mr. Shakur and his team have an hidden agenda. "If truly he fought for the commoners in this recruitment and he sacrificed another 100 slots to the stakeholders just for the masses as widely claimed.
Why has he failed to notify all the successfuls (long-legged and merit) concurrently? Considering the fact that it is possible to notify and even instruct the merit successful to come in 2weeks for APL collection and that gives us assurance. I want to believe there is no justification for the delayed notification after all the 'gods' have been appeased with 50% of all the recruitment slots. Logically, it is either there is no merit list at all or the list is very close to the carpet waiting to be swept.
I totally agree that our voices must be heard but we must be strategic (timeliness, information, media).
Finally, thanks to everyone (Nerverdown, Pressurization, Marvel, Dozylala, Acmilan, Ferguson, HRTech, Wiz, etc) for their information and contribution.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by salesani88: 9:32am On Jul 13, 2018
elbangeez:
Are the two list separate?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 9:35am On Jul 13, 2018
I dont have access to the list, only few people have which my contact happens to be among, the list is kept a secret. I only asked and got the answer i wanted, and thats all.
Deedz:

Which state are you from and please can you help me check? You seem to have the link and I don't know where FCC office is, talk less of knowing anyone.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pedroito: 9:35am On Jul 13, 2018
[.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ignatius1999: 9:38am On Jul 13, 2018
Marvel65:

Thanks for your concern and contribution.
It’s important the applicants give DPR the benefit of the doubt by giving them till Monday next week before taking any action. The merit list will remain the same and unchanged, their letters will be intact. The worst DPR can do is to not call the successful ones to make them feel they didn’t make the final list till their offer expires by 1st October, in a bid to replace them with more stakeholders candidates that were left out. DPR will never edit the merit list and destroy their letters. Remember they have 3 months to accept the offer. There are 200 letters for the stakeholders candidates, so don’t expect all to be distributed in one day.

If by next week Monday, the zonal offices don’t contact the successful ones then the applicants can make their move but for now let them be patient.

Goodmorning.
Good morning sir, please sir I hope you are leading us right but if not God has a way of paying us bacK. I maKe call to PH zonal office this morning and the man who answered was very honest and told me that everyone whom he believes should have idea about the issue are decline comments and he advised me to make my way to Lagos that it's a Lagos something. He confirmed that some people have collected their Apls

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2018
Tamihawtt:
Hello everyone. I don't access to the list of successfuls and i don't think anyone here has access either. If the list was opened like 2013 recruitment it would have been leaked right from when it got to FCC. Even some people here were sure they would see the list the moment it hits FCC office but up till now, has anyone confirmed seeing the list with prove? Also, i want to ask about this so called "stakeholder list" and "merit list " so you really think 2 lists titled with those would have been drawn up officially and submitted to FCC? I believe there is only 1 official list and it carries all successful candidates (merit and stakeholder combined) question then is how do you determine the names for stakeholders and those on merit? I'm pretty certain everyone took the test and interview and even those that didn't take the interview with us that their sponsors came in late were still invited for another set of interviews. Some people were interviewed up until January so there is definitely a trail that they went through due process.
Lastly, if there is any grievance about this recruitment either by the masses or stakeholders that didn't get their way, they can only take up such with FCC. The moment the COC was issued, DPR cannot be held accountable for any malpractice. FCC is basically the one that will fight any grievance which i why you should know FCC wouldn't have issued COC if their own list wasn't satisfied.
I'm only stating the facts to know in order to make informed decisions. I honestly still think people will get this on merit. Merit may be slim but trust me there must be a margin for merit however, how do you prove those that got it on merit or by sponsors only from this nairaland group?
I wish everyone the best. I hope more people from here get their letters too. Everyone that has provided the platform with concrete info these past years and got their APLs earned it because to get those infos, we were basically sitting on our contacts necks throughout the process, phase by phase, pressing buttons. It doesn't mean we didn't put in the work druring the test and interviews too so please don't make anyone feel bad for getting APL ahead of others. I pray we all have reasons to celebrate soon whether for DPR or another coy.

You have a good heart, I am really impressed. Hope to meet you someday, DPR or no DPR
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 9:42am On Jul 13, 2018
K
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nigerianonym: 9:44am On Jul 13, 2018
elbangeez:
I really dont know wether the list are seperate or a single list, but what i know is our allocated slots are 11 while 5 people made the meeit list, three stakeholders candidates that i know from my state have all collected, 1 is a former dpr directors son, 1 is a former governors son, 1 is a daughter of a serving minister of state, and the last one didnt even apply wallai,

Can you confirm the one per LG talk?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2018
Its a hoax,
nigerianonym:

Can you confirm the one per LG talk?

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nigerianonym: 9:46am On Jul 13, 2018
elbangeez:
Its a hoax,

Nagode!

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 13, 2018
nigerianonym:

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
I'm from Wukari.
Same here man, Best of luck
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lolablacq: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2018

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2018
Deedz:

I've been analysing the way you speak for a couple of months now, and I must admit I'm impressed. I would love to be friends with you. Hopefully we meet at the induction. God willing.
Wow, I'm humbled. Hopefully smiley
Amen and best of luck
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mRjandz06: 10:10am On Jul 13, 2018
Hey guyz!

As far as phc zonal office is concerned..the info is that from the outcome of the last meeting:

i. The letters for phc zone should arrive Monday and latest Tuesday; if the personnel in charge are proactive enough they should contact hopefuls that same day..

ii. Am not so sure of all the nos fly round but what am certain about from the list is (GT 297 and EH 103)

I wish everyone success!

Cheerz

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Crane1: 10:12am On Jul 13, 2018
Smiles...

Bros, the word "jez" used in my narratives is a short form of "just", which is to depict/potray/emphasize "patience till next week".
Whether or not it answers for the situation/agitation on ground is subjective to each individuals, and it is my own opinion. I only thought you will be able to make contextual meaning from it.

One out of the brilliant contributions which I logically agree with is what @ naijainstict suggested. I personally believe that if that can be considered, then we can make correct deductions about the list of successful candidates and know if truly it is not compromised. First hand information without basing our conclusions on what we heard, ensuring we take care not to prejudge the issue.

If we must make a case for a peaceful protest, then we must have verifiable data to back it up, by this I mean, how do we verifiably know if the process has been hoodwinked or not? the number of people who made the list (Merit/stakeholders)? What is the timetable/procedure they (DPR) adopts in contacting the successful candidates, either merit or stakeholders (Which should be first)? and lots more, then can we make decisions.

And believe me people, realistically, all what we are basing our judgement on is "what we heard" or "perceived", I stand to be corrected though. Except we have data that we can speak to, like what @naijainstict suggested, then can we make correct deductions and conclusions.

In all these, by Monday till Wednesday next maximum, we should be able to unfold the truth, after which we can have something (data) to speak on and then channel all means to register any grievances/foul play/injustice that may result from the recruitment.

Well this is my own thought and it is subjective. Nevertheless, I pray many of those who will make it on merit, praying for myself inclusive make a positive impact in the organisation and effect a positive change in the oil and gas sector of our nation, contributing to innovative solutions that will help us achieve much from our natural resources, including the stakeholders candidates too.

Make I go face my work now...

[Qquote author=Tetragramaton post=69329050]

Imagine a graduate using jez? Irritating. [/quote]

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Anextin(f): 10:15am On Jul 13, 2018
Marvel is not entirely truthful here, he has always projected vthat its 400 intakes, but when neverdown mentioned 600, he reluctantly acknowledged that its true, then mater he mentioned 500, now he's back on 400. What are you not telling us marvel. Are you an agent sent to blow breeze on our Heads and rub it.
Am beginning to doubt your sincerity. I know you are very knowledgeable about this saga playing out but won't reveal the real deal

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58