Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,436 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3676231 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Mailbab: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2021
The Senate on Wednesday confirmed the appointment of board members of the Nigerian Upstream Regulatory Commission.

The confirmation of the nominees followed the consideration of a report by the Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources.

The new agency has automatically replaced the Department of Petroleum Resources because the commission would take over its responsibilities.

The nominees confirmed include Isa Modibbo – Chairman; Gbenga Komolafe – Chief Executive; Hassan Gambo – Executive Commissioner, Finance and Accounts; and Rose Ndong – Executive Commissioner, Exploration and Acreage Management.

Chairman of the Committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream), Senator Albert Akpan, in his presentation, said that the nominees demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the workings of the petroleum industry, especially the upstream petroleum sector, as well as the economics of petroleum exploration and production.

He added that the appointments of the nominees satisfy the requirements of Sections 11 and 18 (1-5) of the Petroleum Industry Act, 2021.

According to the lawmaker, “there are no adverse reports against the nominees as record checks and other forms of investigations by security agencies did not reveal any negative trace against them.”

Akpan stated that the Committee was satisfied about the qualifications, experience, suitability, competence and integrity of the nominees to assume the position of Chairman, Chief Executive and Executive Commissioners of the Nigerian Upstream Regulatory Commission.

The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, said the establishment of the Nigerian Upstream Regulatory Commission would provide a foundation for the stabilisation of the petroleum industry in Nigeria.

He also said the confirmation of the NURC board has automatically led to the scrapping of the Department of Petroleum Resources as the new commission will take over its responsibilities.

He said, “The Regulatory Commission has the enormous and huge responsibility of setting and establishing the Commission as provided in the Petroleum Industry Act.

“They have the unenviable responsibility of ensuring that they commit themselves and work hard to provide the solid and stable foundation for that matter, that they don’t waste any time because time is of essence.

“The implication of the approval of board members for the commission is that the Department of Petroleum Resources has ceased to exist.”

“The Petroleum Industry will go through a reform process and the process has already started.

“This Commission is one of the huge arms of those reforms that will stabilize the petroleum industry in Nigeria.

“While the Senate confirms them, we expect nothing less than commitment and patriotism on their side.

“The Senate wishes them the best and a very fruitful tenure as they take their offices.

“We expect that the other regulatory authority for downstream and midstream will also be confirmed as soon as possible, so they also start their work immediately.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-pia-dpr-scrapped-as-senate-confirms-nurc-board-members/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&amp&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by AVATRO: 9:39am On Oct 08, 2021
Abeg some one should equally change the name of this Nairaland thread to reflect the current development. Lolsssss..... We have witnessed 3 diff directors and still counting. New recruitment likely by 1st half of next year.
Mailbab:
The Senate on Wednesday confirmed the appointment of board members of the Nigerian Upstream Regulatory Commission.

The confirmation of the nominees followed the consideration of a report by the Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources.

The new agency has automatically replaced the Department of Petroleum Resources because the commission would take over its responsibilities.

The nominees confirmed include Isa Modibbo – Chairman; Gbenga Komolafe – Chief Executive; Hassan Gambo – Executive Commissioner, Finance and Accounts; and Rose Ndong – Executive Commissioner, Exploration and Acreage Management.

Chairman of the Committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream), Senator Albert Akpan, in his presentation, said that the nominees demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the workings of the petroleum industry, especially the upstream petroleum sector, as well as the economics of petroleum exploration and production.

He added that the appointments of the nominees satisfy the requirements of Sections 11 and 18 (1-5) of the Petroleum Industry Act, 2021.

According to the lawmaker, “there are no adverse reports against the nominees as record checks and other forms of investigations by security agencies did not reveal any negative trace against them.”

Akpan stated that the Committee was satisfied about the qualifications, experience, suitability, competence and integrity of the nominees to assume the position of Chairman, Chief Executive and Executive Commissioners of the Nigerian Upstream Regulatory Commission.

The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, said the establishment of the Nigerian Upstream Regulatory Commission would provide a foundation for the stabilisation of the petroleum industry in Nigeria.

He also said the confirmation of the NURC board has automatically led to the scrapping of the Department of Petroleum Resources as the new commission will take over its responsibilities.

He said, “The Regulatory Commission has the enormous and huge responsibility of setting and establishing the Commission as provided in the Petroleum Industry Act.

“They have the unenviable responsibility of ensuring that they commit themselves and work hard to provide the solid and stable foundation for that matter, that they don’t waste any time because time is of essence.

“The implication of the approval of board members for the commission is that the Department of Petroleum Resources has ceased to exist.”

“The Petroleum Industry will go through a reform process and the process has already started.

“This Commission is one of the huge arms of those reforms that will stabilize the petroleum industry in Nigeria.

“While the Senate confirms them, we expect nothing less than commitment and patriotism on their side.

“The Senate wishes them the best and a very fruitful tenure as they take their offices.

“We expect that the other regulatory authority for downstream and midstream will also be confirmed as soon as possible, so they also start their work immediately.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-pia-dpr-scrapped-as-senate-confirms-nurc-board-members/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&amp&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Mailbab: 9:05pm On Oct 08, 2021
AVATRO:
Abeg some one should equally change the name of this Nairaland thread to reflect the current development. Lolsssss..... We have witnessed 3 diff directors and still counting. New recruitment likely by 1st half of next year.

I was mesmerized by the name. Nobody will know that you are working in one oil company except you lay bare. The name sounded like railway name.

No new recruitment. Second batch is sacrosanct.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Maimakawa(m): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mailbab:

I was mesmerized by the name. Nobody will know that you are working in one oil company except you lay bare. The name sounded like railway name.

No new recruitment. Second batch is sacrosanct.
Why did you said this Sir?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Maimakawa(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
AVATRO:
You're funny bro
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ConTrol15: 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ConTrol15: 9:56am On Oct 21, 2021
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by AVATRO: 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
Happy Anniversary guyzz.... Today is October 25. This Flatform was created on 25 /10/2016

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ConTrol15: 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ConTrol15: 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ConTrol15: 11:57am On Dec 04, 2021
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Mailbab: 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2022
It will end in praise
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 14, 2022
Mailbab:
It will end in praise
Please is anything going on at DPR presently?I need your urgent response. Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
peepydelano:
Please is anything going on at DPR presently?I need your urgent response. Thanks

DPR no longer exist and nothing is going on. Please everyone should move on.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Mhdlmn: 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
Where are the people waiting for second list it will drop soon woo �
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ChiefOfStraff: 2:30am On Feb 21, 2022
Mailbab:
It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprsauce: 11:46am On Mar 13, 2022
Woahhh. It's good to be back. Where are those attacking me cos I gave sincere truth here?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ChiefOfStraff: 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
dprsauce:
Woahhh. It's good to be back. Where are those attacking me cos I gave sincere truth here?
Which truth is that?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by AVATRO: 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2022
Welcome, any update....the year is running out Wooo. 1st quarter is almost over.
dprsauce:
Woahhh. It's good to be . Where are those attacking me cos I gave sincere truth here?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ojb555666: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2022
AVATRO:
Welcome, any update....the year is running out Wooo. 1st quarter is almost over.
lol

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Endeavour: 8:03am On Apr 12, 2022
Good morning Nairalanders.
There's currently no new recruitment neither was there any second batch nor list (to my knowledge) since 13th August 2018 after our resumption.

The only development this year is the just concluded delineation (in-house reshuffling in my opinion) between the two new regulators (NMDPRA & NUPRC)

Nevertheless, for any future info on recruitment I recommend www dot hotnigerianjobs dot com....I used to bookmark this site to my browser and refresh regularly for general jobs search.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by piro2rule: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2022
Endeavour:
Good morning Nairalanders.
There's currently no new recruitment neither was there any second batch nor list (to my knowledge) since 13th August 2018 after our resumption.

The only development this year is the just concluded delineation (in-house reshuffling in my opinion) between the two new regulators (NMDPRA & NUPRC)

Nevertheless, for any future info on recruitment I recommend www dot hotnigerianjobs dot com....I used to bookmark this site to my browser and refresh regularly for general jobs search.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by demolagilbert: 11:59am On Jul 14, 2022
acmilan1:

DPR no longer exist and nothing is going on. Please everyone should move on.
lol. No o. My prediction of second batch is still valid. Only move on after Dec 31, 2022....with greetings from Marvel45, xtruzz and the geng! Lol
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nkechinyere41(f): 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
Please share with me if you have something on dpr you can reach me johnchinaza41@gmail.com
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by onyiokoye: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2022
piro2rule:

Thanks

Do you think they will make their recruitment public?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ojb555666: 6:34am On Oct 05, 2022
Una still dey here?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Issalog: 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2022
NUPRC
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Elsueno: 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2022
grin
fat Hr lady

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nkechinyere41(f): 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
Issalog:
NUPRC
Any news

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.