Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

"Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss (13081 Views)

Corruption Must Be Fought Like Jihad – Magu / Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS / Okonjo-iweala May Not Be Guilty Of Fraud — Joda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by snailspeed: 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
The acting Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has reaffirmed that the ongoing anti-corruption fight is not selective.

Magu said before anyone is arrested, the Commission would have, after a thorough investigation, established that the individual is guilty.

He stated this in Kaduna on Monday, October 24 while speaking on the sideline of the National Open Government Partnership retreat.

"We don’t just arrest somebody who has no case to answer," Magu said while urging Nigerians to see the war against corruption as a collective fight.

He added: "I’m here today because this event hás to do with transparency and accountability in governance and you should know that anything that has to do with fighting corruption is an area of interest to me.

"It’s not true that we are selective in the fight against corruption. Whoever we arrested for corruption must be guilty of it. We are also making progress in this fight even though it’s not our fight alone, it’s a fight for all of us as people of this country."

In the same vein, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has said that President Muhammadu Buhari will soon sign an executive order on transparency and efficiency in all government ministries, agencies in the country.
He said the APC-led government will stop at nothing in ensuring transparency and accountability in all public institutions across the board.

http://pulse.ng/local/ibrahim-magu-whoever-we-arrested-for-corruption-must-be-guilty-efcc-boss-id5653468.html

This is a clear proof that these guys are just engaging in media trial. How can Chairman of the anti graft agency of a nation make such a claim? Is he now the law? Is he the prosecutor, judge and jury at the same time? Are we in a banana republic?

Shocking statement!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Nkemtreasure: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
Guilty even though the courts haven't pronounced the person guilty? Now you just confirmed my suspicions.....

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
EFCC has suddenly become the judge, pronouncing people guilty. Buhari is taking over the judiciary gradually. No wonder the recent behaviours!

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by talktonase(m): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nkemtreasure:
Guilty even though the courts haven't pronounced the person guilty? Now you just confirmed my suspicions.....
he is law enforcement and judge because buhari gave him powers to do so..

22 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by fitzmayowa: 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
Magu said before anyone is arrested, the Commission would have, after a thorough investigation, established that the individual is guilty.

EFCC forming judge and jury...

45 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by newguy1(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hear rubbish Wu ever u arrested must b guilty. Na college dropout him b.

27 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by yarimo(m): 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
Very good of you mr MAGU, looters and dubious minded ones will soon interpret your statements in a dubious ways. grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by chaloner(m): 12:06am On Oct 26, 2016
As in guilty, d court own guilty? undecided dis country self

11 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by freeze001(f): 12:14am On Oct 26, 2016
EFCC is now judge, jury and executioner. Once arrested u must be guilty hence the attempt for maximum damage at all times through the press yet they have been unable to prove that guilt before any competent court of law. Why charge anyone to court then? They should just arrest and sentence willy nilly so we know that they are 'pightin kwarrapshin'!

Una see say this fight against corruption na voodoo? Just designed to excite simpletons and zombies that lurk around...

39 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by bendutch(m): 12:28am On Oct 26, 2016
Magu has missed he's menstrual cycle. Can someone help?

22 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Hedonistically: 2:49am On Oct 26, 2016
That's what you get when you put abokki zomana into positions of authority. These cows in human skin are renowned for their extremism in everything. Abokki armed robbers and kidnappers are the most ruthless and vicious - they don't know the boundaries between robbing/kidnapping for monetary gains and killing for the sheer wantonness of it.

Same applies when these maloo people are in government and the security agencies. Everything must be Kai Kai, go go, do do, arrest arrest, jail jail, kill kill. No awareness of procedures, no caution, no, restraint.... No gaddem sense.

God forbids. I spit on them. We shouldn't be in the same country as these animals.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Onenaira1: 2:58am On Oct 26, 2016
Yet ALL you arrested are oppositional who speaks up against Buhari tyranny.

Oh till date, not ONE single convictions despite un as "arrest" of "must be guilty" people.

Who the f2k una think you're playing.

Tell the dictator that some of us sees through the crap he's sellimg. We all not as gullible as Northerners and southwestern

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Sibrah: 3:08am On Oct 26, 2016
The man appears to be saying since Judges will very almost never find them guilty, it is up to EFCC to do their job beyond reasonable doubt before arresting anyone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Paperwhite(m): 4:56am On Oct 26, 2016
No wonder anti graft war have been an abysmal failure in Nigeria. undecided cry

15 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by oganology33(m): 5:58am On Oct 26, 2016
No wonder Dasuki is already serving life imprisonment pronounced by Justice Buhari & Juror Magu.

The Idiocy of these ppl is amazing 2 me.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Abeymills(m): 5:59am On Oct 26, 2016
That reminds me of d man they arrest in Abuja only for them 2 release d dead body 2 family after knowing his innocent efcc is as useless as bubuhari

6 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by SegunAdewole: 6:04am On Oct 26, 2016
Prosecutor magu,
Plaintiff magu,
Judge magu.

This is the pure hausa/fulani feudal way of understanding justice system. Stone age and unprogressive people that we yorubas want to die licking their anus. grin grin

19 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:06am On Oct 26, 2016
Lol Must? O Di Egwu grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by proeast(m): 6:12am On Oct 26, 2016
Nkemtreasure:
Its official, the country is in hands of re.tards!

14 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by proeast(m): 6:15am On Oct 26, 2016
Hedonistically:
That's what you get when you put abokki zomana into positions of authority. These cows in human skin are renowned for their extremism in everything. Abokki armed robbers and kidnappers are the most ruthless and vicious - they don't know the boundaries between robbing/kidnapping for monetary gains and killing for the sheer wantonness of it.

Same applies when these maloo people are in government and the security agencies. Everything must be Kai Kai, go go, do do, arrest arrest, jail jail, kill kill. No awareness of procedures, no caution, no, restraint.... No gaddem sense.

God forbids. I spit on them. We shouldn't be in the same country as these animals.
VERY FUNNY BUT WHAT YOU SAID IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!!!

12 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Bujumbura(m): 6:42am On Oct 26, 2016
yarimo:
Very good of you mr MAGU, looters and dubious minded ones will soon interpret your statements in a dubious ways. grin
I do presume that most commenters here have attained a higher education or are attaining one but your post just proved me wrong. Get an education please

8 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Bujumbura(m): 6:43am On Oct 26, 2016
yarimo:
I do presume that most commenters here have attained a higher education or are attaining one but your post just proved me wrong. Get an education please.

7 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by otukpo(f): 6:45am On Oct 26, 2016
Really?

1 Like

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 26, 2016
Ayamnotundastandin undecided
Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by slivertongue: 6:56am On Oct 26, 2016
justify his pay

2 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by ChappyChase: 9:00am On Oct 26, 2016
Hia! shocked
Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by ajoskele(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2016
Gbam!!

Father Magu has spoken. Waiting for the shuldren of corruption to come throw tantrums as usual.

None of the arrested has ever denied their involvement in the looting of our treasury.

2 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by andymofia(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2016
speaking as the CJN abi, or maybe you dey work for heaven. Yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by cescky(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2016
Lol

Oga you must have gone to school but ur not exposed....

What ever happened to the term "innocent until proven guilty"

Well ur boss doesn't know east Germany doesn't exists anymore so o won't expect much from his surbordinates. It's ok

It's the zombies I feel for

Ps:no come arrest me oo grin
Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by ajoskele(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2016
Bujumbura:
I do presume that most commenters here have attained a higher education or are attaining one but your post just proved me wrong. Get an education please.
Get a life, bro!
Re: "Whoever We Arrested For Corruption Must Be Guilty" - EFCC Boss by ezechueze(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2016
Life is good with LG ELECTRONICS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GAC Tackles Aregbesola, Mandate Group Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet / 2023: We Will Bring Prominent Leaders, Youths Into PDP - Saraki / Nigeria Seals $300 Million FDI Deal With UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.